Gamecube Broadband adapter $8.74 at Target

Watto11107

CAGiversary!
Went to my Target today and happened to be looking in the clearance section and found the Gamecube Broadband adapter for $8.75. It's probably a YMMV but I found it at the Target in Atlanta, Georgia near Lenox Mall.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Is there reason enough to even spend $8.74 on this?[/QUOTE]

Yep, to resell on ebay! It's going for $20-$25 right now.

Ok, I just have a general question. Are people on this board really buying items and reselling them on Ebay knowing that they are only going to make $10 profit? I just don't get it. Is it really worth the work of going to Target, buying the item, taking photos, posting it on Ebay, dealing with bidders, paying the fees (Ebay and Paypal), just for $10? With gas at $3 a gallon and minimum wage at $7+ in most states, why bother?

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, I just have a general question. Are people on this board really buying items and reselling them on Ebay knowing that they are only going to make $10 profit? I just don't get it. Is it really worth the work of going to Target, buying the item, taking photos, posting it on Ebay, dealing with bidders, paying the fees (Ebay and Paypal), just for $10? With gas at $3 a gallon and minimum wage at $7+ in most states, why bother?[/QUOTE]

Well $10 profit is over an hour of work for most hourly workers, a gallon of gas will still get most people at least 20 miles highway, and the rest is maybe a half hour of negligable bother probably.

Forgot about the 8 player Double Dash thing.

[quote name='bojay1997']Ok, I just have a general question. Are people on this board really buying items and reselling them on Ebay knowing that they are only going to make $10 profit? I just don't get it. Is it really worth the work of going to Target, buying the item, taking photos, posting it on Ebay, dealing with bidders, paying the fees (Ebay and Paypal), just for $10? With gas at $3 a gallon and minimum wage at $7+ in most states, why bother?[/QUOTE]

well, i personally dont consider that a lot of work...im at target at least once a week anyways , and how hard is it to take a photo and post it on ebay, and dealing with bidders? i doubt scam bidders are looking at gamecube broadband adaptors, and fees add up to about a dollar or so

and you answered your own question with the minimum wage at $7+...is that really enough? any way to make a little extra money legally should be welcomed

Some people live close to Targets and It's a little drive to go there. Not to mention it could be on the way to work, and if its on the way to work it doesn't take long to stop in Target, grab the item and get cashed out. Also not everyone hoards on these boards. Most people are willing to share with the CAG community, but there are a few that lurk here and most likely grab games for resale value. Ex: When Rez was at TRU, MVC2 at Circuit City. I'm sure a majority of those peeps found the info on here and went to hoard to make a profit.

wow. the value has really dropped on these. I remember buying 2 of them for $35 each so I could try Mario Kart LAN (not worth it IMO. You can't choose your characters, it just randomly selects them for you which takes alot of the strategy part out of it). Anyway, I resold them for about the same amount. I was also lucky enough to find one at the TRU 90% green tage sale for about $3. Sold it to some crazy collector on ebay for $100.

[quote name='dpatel']wow. the value has really dropped on these. I remember buying 2 of them for $35 each so I could try Mario Kart LAN (not worth it IMO. You can't choose your characters, it just randomly selects them for you which takes alot of the strategy part out of it). Anyway, I resold them for about the same amount. I was also lucky enough to find one at the TRU 90% green tage sale for about $3. Sold it to some crazy collector on ebay for $100.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they are now available from the Nintendo Online store for $35 that hurt the value

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap you people are poor. $10 is hardly worth an hour of free time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry some of us aren't sitting on piles of money, i.e. the Cheap Ass part, and are working for so-so hourly wages.

[quote name='TheYellowDart']so if you buy this can you play with other people online? i never understood this thing[/quote]

In theory yes, but Nintendo never bothered to do anything with it. I acctually can't think of anything other then Phantasy Star Online that supports online play.

[quote name='javeryh']Holy crap you people are poor. $10 is hardly worth an hour of free time.[/QUOTE]

exactly what takes a hour to do? unless your computer illiterate in which case you have no business even doing ebay

is $10 worth 5-10 minutes of free time?....i think so and 5-10 minutes is all it should take to take a pic and list it and then just wait for it to end then pack it up and ship it out

[quote name='amusedtoe']Sorry some of us aren't sitting on piles of money, i.e. the Cheap Ass part, and are working for so-so hourly wages.

In theory yes, but Nintendo never bothered to do anything with it. I acctually can't think of anything other then Phantasy Star Online that supports online play.[/QUOTE]

www.warppipe.com

[quote name='ngamer007']I've been looking for a Broadband Adapter for years. Still can't find one. But I refuse to pay $35 for it.[/QUOTE]

If no luck at Target, Gamestop has a very sparse selection of them. I got it for 5.99 used, I believe. There was only one item in a 50 mile radius of me though (luckily it happened to be one of the closer stores)

[quote name='Jedi1979']exactly what takes a hour to do? unless your computer illiterate in which case you have no business even doing ebay

is $10 worth 5-10 minutes of free time?....i think so and 5-10 minutes is all it should take to take a pic and list it and then just wait for it to end then pack it up and ship it out[/QUOTE]

No way. $10 is definitely not worth it. Just thinking about it takes more than 10 minutes - there's no way you could pull this off in less than an hour and it would likely take you much longer - even for the computer literate. You have to:

1. Research and find a good deal
2. Go to store and buy it
3. Come home from the store
4. Take a picture of it and list it on eBay
5. Wait until the auction ends
6. Wait until the buyer actually pays
7. Pack it up
8. Go to post office
9. Mail it
10. Come back from post office

Plus there is gas money to and from the store and the cost of postage and packing materials not to mention the most vaulable thing - free time. Even if you lived above the local Post Office/Media Store it would still take longer than an hour to do everything. It's just not worth it.

[quote name='botticus']If no luck at Target, Gamestop has a very sparse selection of them. I got it for 5.99 used, I believe. There was only one item in a 50 mile radius of me though (luckily it happened to be one of the closer stores)[/QUOTE]

The closest Gamestop is something like 150 miles away.

Theres a few ways to shortern ur time though

1) Pack before you sell the item, all u need to do is slap the sticker/address on the package once It's sold. If your buying items enmasse on one road trip, pack them all at once.

2) Steal the picture from another ebay auction, or find it on Ebgames. etc. You don't have to actually take pictures of every individual item you plan on selling on ebay.

3) Start and end ALL of your auctions for the same day. This makes things alot easier when it comes to managing your eBay items. Unless I am extremely poor I don't list the auctions ASAP.

Is all of it worth $10? Probably not, but if your gonna snag 3+ of the BBA's and plan on making a profit of $15 on each once, then its probably worth your time.

you are making it harder then it needs to be...first of all dont make special trips looking for a certain product and to go to the post office...this is about coming across products that seem cheap by accident...when you need to do serious research is when the item is cheap but still on the expensive side...

case and point:

i came across about 9 black and decker Crossfires for $25 bucks each, i called my father who went to the computer and did a quick search on ebay, they were pulling around $50 so i went ahead and brought them all and have since doubled my money $225 =$450 (and that includes the shipping fess and paypal fees)...i barely put any effort into it, was it worth it? i would say so:D

you just have to have some sense into what you are doing

and the way you make it sound is that a job isnt even worth having if you cant make more then $10 a hour since that amount isnt worth a hour of free time

[quote name='javeryh']No way. $10 is definitely not worth it. Just thinking about it takes more than 10 minutes - there's no way you could pull this off in less than an hour and it would likely take you much longer - even for the computer literate. You have to:

1. Research and find a good deal
2. Go to store and buy it
3. Come home from the store
4. Take a picture of it and list it on eBay
5. Wait until the auction ends
6. Wait until the buyer actually pays
7. Pack it up
8. Go to post office
9. Mail it
10. Come back from post office

Plus there is gas money to and from the store and the cost of postage and packing materials not to mention the most vaulable thing - free time. Even if you lived above the local Post Office/Media Store it would still take longer than an hour to do everything. It's just not worth it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rig']Anyone here think they could pick me up one? I actually want it.[/QUOTE]

Nobody? :cry: My Target has none...

[quote name='Jedi1979']and the way you make it sound is that a job isnt even worth having if you cant make more then $10 a hour since that amount isnt worth a hour of free time[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[quote name='Rig']Nobody? :cry: My Target has none...[/QUOTE]

I'd like one as well, I've only been able to find the modem adaptors thus far and the closest gamestop to me with a used one is 55 + miles away.

craaaaap!!! i just called 6 different targets in my area, and not a single one has the gamecube broadband adapter for sale. i already own one, but i need one more do that i can set up some 8-player mario kart here at my college. can someone help me get one more for a decent price??

All the philosophical time vs. $ debate aside, I too am interested in getting my hands on one of these. Rig and ARager, let me know if you turn up any leads.

Unfortunately, the GameStop inventory is horribly inaccurate for the stores near me, and they can never find the one that's supposedly in stock (had another failure just two days ago, told me to try online...sigh.)

[quote name='javeryh']Bingo.[/QUOTE]

now i see, you dont understand why people do this so you must have a endless supply of money coming in...alot of people arent as fortunate to be in the same situation as you

Geez, give the thing a chance people.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned RE4's online capabilities. I mean, one of my favorite pastimes is playing as the chainsaw-wielding masked guy and sneaking up on an unsuspecting Leon to lop his head off. Not much stealth with that loud ass piece tho.

;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']now i see, you dont understand why people do this so you must have a endless supply of money coming in...alot of people arent as fortunate to be in the same situation as you[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it endless but I do have a good job that I worked extremely hard to get and I bust my ass at it every single day. Also, it's not that I think there's anything wrong with making $10 an hour at a job if that's the best you can do - it's that I place a much much much higher value on my FREE time away from work.

very well, to each is own then:) and if somebody wants to make a few extra bucks selling something he/she shouldnt be criticized for it whether its 10 bucks or whatever, that is my main point...oh yea, i still know it dosent take much time or effort to sell things on ebay, so on that i think we might as well agree to disagree

[quote name='javeryh']I wouldn't call it endless but I do have a good job that I worked extremely hard to get and I bust my ass at it every single day. Also, it's not that I think there's anything wrong with making $10 an hour at a job if that's the best you can do - it's that I place a much much much higher value on my FREE time away from work.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ngamer007']I've been looking for a Broadband Adapter for years. Still can't find one. But I refuse to pay $35 for it.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I am wondering if the scarcity of this item will one day cause the price to go up (remember the Dreamcast Broadband adapter). Bah screw it, I am too cheap too and will one day find one cheap. Years of perserverance will pay off.

[quote name='clariste']Geez, give the thing a chance people.

I can't believe nobody's mentioned RE4's online capabilities. I mean, one of my favorite pastimes is playing as the chainsaw-wielding masked guy and sneaking up on an unsuspecting Leon to lop his head off. Not much stealth with that loud ass piece tho.

;)[/QUOTE]

o_O You're kidding me right? Now if that's not an unhearelded feature I don't know what is.

i am in need of someone to grab me a BB adapter!!! PM me if you can get me one - ill trade or pay for it

[quote name='Jedi1979']exactly what takes a hour to do? unless your computer illiterate in which case you have no business even doing ebay

is $10 worth 5-10 minutes of free time?....i think so and 5-10 minutes is all it should take to take a pic and list it and then just wait for it to end then pack it up and ship it out[/QUOTE]

Let's see drive to the store and buy it and come home and photo and website. It takes almost 40 minutes to go to target and back...so unless you live next door to target... Yeah you make no money get a fucking JOB!

For all the talk of free time, you sure have wasted a lot of it in this topic detailing what a big waste of time it would be to hoard these for ebay sellage. Mmm, the ironing is delicious.

[quote name='Cosmo']For all the talk of free time, you sure have wasted a lot of it in this topic detailing what a big waste of time it would be to hoard these for ebay sellage. Mmm, the ironing is delicious.[/QUOTE]

Considering that every single one of my posts was made from work you can't call it a waste of MY time now can you? :D

[quote name='Indiana']Let's see drive to the store and buy it and come home and photo and website. It takes almost 40 minutes to go to target and back...so unless you live next door to target... Yeah you make no money get a fucking JOB![/QUOTE]

I have a job AND I live next door to Target. Score!

bread's done
Back