Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

[quote name='howlinmad']Found that the availabilty for pickup@store is useless today.
Collierville Crossin
305 New Byhalia Rd
Ste 104
Collierville, TN 38017
For Smash Brothers Melee and Mario Golf namely. Guess 'all of those were sent to other stores' meant I should have asked for fkstick's Ebay account name.

Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'. Are you people that fucking stupid? Yet again Gamestop backs up my theory that they will take Madden 1978 with a bite taken out of it for some random trade in value.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I called that one and pretty much every one in the Memphis area, most didn't have them at all. I nabbed the last of the decent stuff at the one by wolfchase the day the sale started.

[quote name='howlinmad']Not to mention I'm now two for two on 'oh, we have the Gameboy player, but no disc'.[/QUOTE]

I know this isn't useful to most folks, but if you're inclined to have multiple GameCube/Game Boy Players in your home, you can use a single Game Boy Player disc. Once it loads in one, you can pop it out and load it in the other(s). I've had four running at once while using a single disc. :D

I think I'm done, except I might pick up a few more cheap ones like 1080 Snowboarding and Godzilla. I got F-Zero and a working Custom Robo. I was going to pick up a few controllers, but I got a sweet Craigslist deal today.

I got a harvest moon from online today but it looks like they repaired the center of it has this metal mini disk on the center. The game works just found it kind of odd haven't seen one like that before.

[quote name='spamfree2']Cool.. I didn't know that. Now can you hook up 4 GB players together if you have a multilink cable ?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Or, you can connect up to four GameCubes (via GameBoy Player) to a fifth GameCube (or Wii) playing a Connectivity title (like Four Swords Adventures).

[quote name='swatman27']Did they already sell out all the good games, because they haven't been back in stock for a while.[/QUOTE]

yes, yes they did, the website u got a 1/7 of it working, and alll are resurfaced badly.

this was scam of yera i order zleda master quest game and it dont work it say GUARNTEE 2 WORK and wen i retur nit i losed out o nship so they made money... tis is BAIT AND SWTICH BECUS IT SAY IT WORK AND IT DONT THEY DONT TEST THEM WARNED....

pm me ur name email fone number i will give u info on clsa action laswsuit againts false advertis. this wbsite can b held lable as well becus cag is advertsed it.

[quote name='Pepsi2']this was scam of yera i order zleda master quest game and it dont work it say GUARNTEE 2 WORK and wen i retur nit i losed out o nship so they made money... tis is BAIT AND SWTICH BECUS IT SAY IT WORK AND IT DONT THEY DONT TEST THEM WARNED....[/QUOTE]

You again? Seriously? I'm shocked they didn't ban your IP.

1. i am new
2.if i was ban be4 it wuld only be becus of a forum glitch
3. u prob work 4 gamestop.com u scamer a******

Went out again today and did pretty damn good. Hit up 3 gamestops and finished the day pretty damn successful.

CIB:
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Donkey Konga 2

Box/disc only:
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Disc only:
Soul Calibur 2
Custom Robo
Baten Kaitos
Sonic Gems Collection

I'll have to coverproject the disc only games, but other than that I'm very happy with today's haul. I'll be going out again tomorrow. Gonna ride this sale for all it's worth.

Also, I should say: I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or what, but every single game I've gotten from this sale plays perfectly and I've tested them all in both the cube and wii. In fact, only one game looked iffy when I bought it (Custom Robo), it had the dirty spindle hole. It plays fine though. Everything else has ranges from good to perfect condition.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Went out again today and did pretty damn good. Hit up 3 gamestops and finished the day pretty damn successful.

CIB:
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
Donkey Konga 2

Box/disc only:
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

Disc only:
Soul Calibur 2
Custom Robo
Baten Kaitos
Sonic Gems Collection

I'll have to coverproject the disc only games, but other than that I'm very happy with today's haul. I'll be going out again tomorrow. Gonna ride this sale for all it's worth.[/QUOTE]

What there are stores in Chicago that have GC stuff? I thought they all shipped them out last year?

my 8 games came all disc only as expected. neither smash bros I ordered worked and mario sunshine wasnt recognized as a game. The other ones did work however (though the other ones werent good games lol)...I hope they dont give me problems when I try to return the broken ones to the store...

[quote name='slowdive21']What there are stores in Chicago that have GC stuff? I thought they all shipped them out last year?[/QUOTE]

I hit up the Store at 800 N Kedzie today, as well as the one in Merrionette on West 115th (where I got Custom Robo, but they told me that was their last GC game and only had one controller and one memory card left). The first time I went out, I hit the store somewhat by the United Center but not really? I wish I could remember the street...if you're driving to the UC coming from 55 you have to turn left at one of the intersections before the UC and its down their in a small shopping plaza. The cube games were all in sleeves in a box behind the counter, I had to ask to see them. I'd give you a better idea but I just can't remember the name of that street. It's not a GS I usually ever go to, but it is a pretty nice one.

[quote name='daver16']I got a harvest moon from online today but it looks like they repaired the center of it has this metal mini disk on the center. The game works just found it kind of odd haven't seen one like that before.[/QUOTE]

Those are protective stickers they paste on to both sides of the disc to hide cracks the refurb process causes around the spindle area at times. They do that a lot to PS2/Wii titles they refurb. My advice is never take it off if you plan on keeping the disc. It'll likely be an eye sore you don't want to see.

So I place a online store pickup last friday. On sat. (1/18) Got a email saying ready for pickup. Thing is, they couldnt find it so told me to talk to a manager on Monday. Today i spoke to him and he claimed that holds are 24 hrs only and that the game metal gear solid twin snakes was sold last wed. Then told me they have gamecube games for 75% off. It sucks, but i guess he wanted it.

[quote name='rawrker']Those are protective stickers they paste on to both sides of the disc to hide cracks the refurb process causes around the spindle area at times. They do that a lot to PS2/Wii titles they refurb. My advice is never take it off if you plan on keeping the disc. It'll likely be an eye sore you don't want to see.[/QUOTE]

Ahh okay thanks for clearing that up for me I had never seen them before! Yeah I was kind of hoping it wouldn't work so I would have a reason to return it since it is pretty ugly haha. Actually that order I got Resident evil 4, Golden Eye rogue agent, TMNT Battle Nextus that all work but it was kind of an impulse buy and regret it a little hah

I've recently picked up more (online order not here yet).
Out of the new ones, I'm still testing them. Fight Night Round 2 and Smash Bros have had trouble so far.

All four WWE games work. Figures.

I just got done with a marathon of testing the 40 games I ordered online and 8 of them either weren't recognized or crashed during loading or game play. Ironically, every game that I got that came in a official Gamecube case with cover art worked. I have a bunch of 99 cent (actually 21 cent) sports games coming that I ordered hoping they come in original cases which means they should work, too!

3 out of 8 of my games did not work. 5 of them did work and the only two that were complete in box and manual worked fine. As far as the 3 that didn't work at all well....not much to say since they either would not read at all or would crash moments into the game.

I've been seeing a bunch of people picking up Custom Robo. Almost nabbed it myself this past weekend but passed because I knew absolutely nothing about it. Is it worth another trip to Gamestop to get it?

.......im really just trying to find an excuse to go and buy more games:p

All of the 7 games i ordered online came in boxes and all work except my copy of Shadow The Hedgehog it has like a big grey sticker on the front and back of the disk is there any easy way to remove the sticker?

No restock in days now... guess it's dead. They're also running a B2G2F on GC games, to clear out the sports stuff.

[quote name='slowdive21']What there are stores in Chicago that have GC stuff? I thought they all shipped them out last year?[/QUOTE]

All smaller stores sent their stuff to the closest large store, because smaller stores don't have the room. You should call around and see.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']All of the 7 games i ordered online came in boxes and all work except my copy of Shadow The Hedgehog it has like a big grey sticker on the front and back of the disk is there any easy way to remove the sticker?[/QUOTE]

Wait, by boxes do you mean generic cases or the original game case? If all 7 of your games included their original case, then that's a miracle.

[quote name='Vinny']No restock in days now... guess it's dead. They're also running a B2G2F on GC games, to clear out the sports stuff.
[/QUOTE]

So is it both 75% and B2G2 or is it either or.

[quote name='Vinny']

Wait, by boxes do you mean generic cases or the original game case? If all 7 of your games included their original case, then that's a miracle.[/QUOTE]

Generic cases,but at least its better than the disk sleeves.

[quote name='spamfree2']So is it both 75% and B2G2 or is it either or.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ets']21 games for under 50, no b2g2 just 75% off.[/QUOTE]

They have a B2G2F on GC games on their front page (it's in the scrolling Featured Deals thing). When I posted, the 75% wasn't working and I couldn't figure out how to get B2G2F. But now it seems as though it's back to 75% off... still don't get how B2G2F works.

So I think I'm getting a bit too in over my head.

Called around a couple Gamestops today trying to get a copy of Mario Party 7. One of the associates was helpful enough to call around to other stores. She ended up finding one and had it shipped to my local store......along with their entire stock of Gamecube games.

I'm also still waiting to hear back on a couple of higher priced transfers that I requested Friday..

No turning back now I guess.

[quote name='ZombieFever']I've been seeing a bunch of people picking up Custom Robo. Almost nabbed it myself this past weekend but passed because I knew absolutely nothing about it. Is it worth another trip to Gamestop to get it?

.......im really just trying to find an excuse to go and buy more games:p[/QUOTE]

It's a more user friendly robot battle game. Perfect if you aren't looking for unusual controls (Virtual On) or hordes of enemies (Dynasty Warriors Gundam).

Custom Robo isn't as well known as it could've been, no PAL release...

Got my 18 games in the mail today. Only 2 had cover art (Ultimate Spiderman & Wave Race), one was complete (Bomberman Jetters), Looked at the discs and none looked rough. Hopefully I got lucky. No huge titles mostly non sports filler. Still happy with 18 games for about a buck a piece before shipping. Will be testing tonight. Wish me luck I may need it.

Second batch of 12 games.

9 generic cases
3 original cases (2 with manuals)
11 games work in Gamecube (at least to title screen)
1 does not work in Gamecube or Wii

11 out of 12 is a shockingly good result by Gamestop standards. The bad news? The one game that does not work: Mario Kart. I'm supposed to get Wind Waker in 2 days. I suspect that will be dead, too.

Thank you CAG, I knew that no one in my area would care too much about GC stuff and got some pretty decent games today.

Disc Only:
Geist
Reisdent Evil Zero
Star Fox Adventures
007 Agent Under Fire
Animal Crossing

Artwork/Disc
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life
Turok Evolution

Complete
DDR Mario Mix
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

I was able to score all that for about 15$ and tax. The condition of some of the discs do worry me though but I'll test them out later today to see what happens. If you see stuff out of stock online go in to your store anyways if it isn't too big of a hassle. The same goes for seeing inventory online that isn't on the shelf, I wouldn't of got Animal Crossing unless I asked for it.

They made one error arguably in my favor. One Piece Pirates Carnival has the correct case/booklets, yet One Piece Grand Adventure disc.

Another good day. All three CIB:

Baten Kaitos Origins (not from GS)
Cubix Robots for Everyone Showdown
Megaman Network Transmission

Last edited by a moderator:
I got two Mario sunshines today one worked double dash did not. None of them were cib. I only.tried them in the Wii though I no longer own a gc

I bought fire emblem and pikmin 2 today but when I got home the pikmin 2 didn't work :C

Does anyone have cubivore for trade? Disc only would be fine, pm me?

Also, is there anywhere to buy a genuine game case? Nintendo doesn't sell them anymore and the ones on ebay look like they are in terrrrrrrible condition :/

Nope. I actually want to get the one that holds Japanese Gamecube games, but they are pretty non existent.
You could get some Jewel cases, but I really want Amarays at that size. So far, I'm just using some cheap thin 2-in-one dvd cases.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']I bought fire emblem and pikmin 2 today but when I got home the pikmin 2 didn't work :C

Does anyone have cubivore for trade? Disc only would be fine, pm me?

Also, is there anywhere to buy a genuine game case? Nintendo doesn't sell them anymore and the ones on ebay look like they are in terrrrrrrible condition :/[/QUOTE]

The best alternative is to go to a GS store with actual GC games and just buy the sports/cheap games which come in gamecube cases or ask an associate to switch cases. I bought Tiger Woods 2003 for .25 and got a nice case for my disc only Kirby Air Ride.

order came in of 7 games. all gutted in generic cases. Tested 5 of them so far (~1hr of play) no problems yet. Can't expect much for about $1.75 per title.

If anyone has a spare Kirby Air Ride, I have a few games I can get/trade. Just let me know what you are looking for. It's the only game I was unable to find in my area.

Got probably the last GC game I'm going to order on this sale. I wasn't even really into it, I just got it for cart filler for free shipping on the PS2 sale. Naruto Clash of Ninja 2. Actually not bad, story is lousy though. Never really cared for that part of the anime. Which brings my grand total for the sale up to 12 games, 10 of which worked, for $26 minus the $5 I got back for the 2 that were damaged.

10 for $21, not bad at all. But I realized I bought a game I already had, doh, not even worth the 68 cents to return it. I guess that's one present I don't need to shop for this Christmas :D

Third and I assume last shipment of the sale, 3 games this time (only ordered because of Wind Waker). All in generic cases. I was irritated that Wind Waker did not work in Gamecube, but it does work in Wii. I wonder if the last person who had it returned it because it didn't work.

3 for 3 this time, making a total of 21 out of 24 for the total sale (WWE Wrestlemania XIX and Mario Kart did not work, while Tiger Woods 2004 had a missing disc). Pretty pleased with my results overall. Other than Wind Waker, I never would have bothered with any of these games, but for about 2 bucks each, I'm pleased with having a bunch of average to above average games. Still wouldn't buy from Gamestop over eBay regularly knowing the games are hit or miss, but for a sale this good I'd be in again.

bread's done
Back