Gamecube PREOWNED Games & Acc. ALL 75% off at Gamestop online/instore

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
75% GAMECUBE - 75% off Any Pre-owned GameCube Games and Acc. Expires 1/27/13. Other restrictions may apply.

Noticed this in store today and just tried it out online. Not sure if it was posted before, but I figure it deserves its own thread just to let people know. Granted most Gamestops have a dwindling inventory of Gamecube items, it might be worth checking out to nab what you can before its all gone, similar to the GBA stuff a few years back.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=1392

Just curious, did anyone get their hands on the Fire Emblem in northern Illinois? I see it's finally disappeared from the online list.

[quote name='TFrank']Just curious, did anyone get their hands on the Fire Emblem in northern Illinois? I see it's finally disappeared from the online list.[/QUOTE]

The Fire Emblem and Twilight Princess that kept popping up appeared to have been an error. They've probably been gone for ages now.

[quote name='spamfree2']So what happens now after the 27th ? Do they go back to normal price?[/QUOTE]

Word from earlier in this thread is they get shipped back or trashed.

Anyone need a Game Boy adapter start up disk? I just found one at my local Goodwill for five dollars. If anybody needs it PM me. Cover cost and S&H via PayPal and I'll send it out.

CLAIMED!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrrr...I missed it. I've been looking for one, but I posted in the Trade forum.

[quote name='zubalove']Anyone need a Game Boy adapter start up disk? I just found one at my local Goodwill for five dollars. If anybody needs it PM me. Cover cost and S&H via PayPal and I'll send it out.

CLAIMED!![/QUOTE]

So I'm still waiting on shipments to be sent to my local store. I know its been said that the sale ends on the 27th but I am unable to find anything on the Gamestop site that says so.

Hopefully that date isn't correct or they atleast extend it. I'm too poor to pick up anything else at full value. :(

Edit: Whoops, nvm. I see the details now after adding a game to my cart. Fingers crossed they extend it...

Took one of the broken games I got to the disk resurfacer. Cost 5 dollars, but it worked. I'll take the other after the weekend. So now I have a copy of Custom Robo, fingers crossed for Pokemon XD.

[quote name='ZombieFever']So I'm still waiting on shipments to be sent to my local store. I know its been said that the sale ends on the 27th but I am unable to find anything on the Gamestop site that says so.

Hopefully that date isn't correct or they atleast extend it. I'm too poor to pick up anything else at full value. :(

Edit: Whoops, nvm. I see the details now after adding a game to my cart. Fingers crossed they extend it...[/QUOTE]

When does this 75% end?

I just picked up gotcha force. Played it and it's not that bad. Why is this game in high demand?

[quote name='The Punisher']When does this 75% end?

I just picked up gotcha force. Played it and it's not that bad. Why is this game in high demand?[/QUOTE]

It's similar to Pokemon in theory

Welp, my GC spree ended with 60~ games purchased and about 70-80 dollars spent.
I scoured tons of gamestops in eastern PA and almost all of NJ. I got every good or expensive game on the system now, cept a few that I knew weren't in stores anymore (at least in the tristate area). Sadly a good 40-50 of those were in sleeves =(
Those poor poor boxes...

So... it looks like the GC era is over and only the PS2 is left. It's weird to think that the GC is over a decade old.

It sad that so many games were destroyed by GS's poor resurfacing machines.

[quote name='Deader2818']So you are the one that took all the games I was looking for![/QUOTE]

YES! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

The one location that was a jackpot was in East Orange, NJ.
Had mario sports and partys, zelda tp, all the harvest moons and a few others I wanted, like Jedi Outcast

I was lucky enough to find resident evil 4 and it worked great. Problem is that now it is asking for disc 2 and I never got a second disc :(

Anyone have the other half?

Also I just noticed that the promotion no longer works online. Guess they aren't extending it :(

Still working instore

Seems that they are shipping their stock to one main store

Picked up CIB

Gotcha Force
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes

Disc only

Skies of Arcdaia

And a ton of the stinky stuff cib like vexx trigger man minority report :)

So go and check!

[quote name='cagman2013']Welp, my GC spree ended with 60~ games purchased and about 70-80 dollars spent.
I scoured tons of gamestops in eastern PA and almost all of NJ. I got every good or expensive game on the system now, cept a few that I knew weren't in stores anymore (at least in the tristate area). Sadly a good 40-50 of those were in sleeves =(
Those poor poor boxes...[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you would have spent more on gas than anything else....

[quote name='Arakias']It sounds like you would have spent more on gas than anything else....[/QUOTE]

He is going to justify it by saying he had to go that way anyway.

Have fun wasting more gas returning 80% of them because they don't play. :) this is one deal where getting "more" may not be a good thing.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Still working instore

Picked up CIB

Gotcha Force

Disc only

Skies of Arcdaia

So go and check![/QUOTE]

Holy crap... you found a CIB Gotcha Force and MGS Twin Snakes this late?! That's insane. Not to mention Skies.:applause:

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Still working instore

Picked up CIB

Gotcha Force

Disc only

Skies of Arcdaia

So go and check![/QUOTE]

Nice find on the Gotcha Force! You better keep it! :lol: I highly recommend you play the game as well; it's one of the most underrated and fun titles out there! I probably played through the story multiple times and the reply value is just so immense! You'll have fun collecting the Borgs and recruiting the characters. The Game has a flawed Camera System but you'll get it over it quick, switching over to the enemies without a hitch.

I probably spent most of the time trying to collect the neat Transformer Borgs and Futuristic Borgs. Haha.

So this is still happening? according to their site 2 stores about 10 miles away both have a copy of Pikman 2....

EDIT: and my order just got confirmed.

[quote name='AionTelos']Every game I picked up (All 30 or so) worked just fine, only a few of them needed cleaning.[/QUOTE]

can you (or anyone else) recommend a cleaning product for discs? how about for manuals & cover art? i'm kinda germaphoby. TIA.

Yeah have we figured out how to get these discs working?

Also yeah is the promo still working? I want to transfer a few games but nobody here currently working knows how.

[quote name='pixi']Yeah have we figured out how to get these discs working?

Also yeah is the promo still working? I want to transfer a few games but nobody here currently working knows how.[/QUOTE]

Posted in the B1G1 50% off ps2 thread exactly how to get a transfer.

Just a heads up, by lying and acting like you work for gamestop to get a transfer done you are jeopardizing the employees at the gamestop receiving the games. They get in trouble with their DM's for doing low yield transfers. That is why it is at their discretion whether or not they will do a transfer.

[quote name='ZeroUnderOne']Just a heads up, by lying and acting like you work for gamestop to get a transfer done you are jeopardizing the employees at the gamestop receiving the games. They get in trouble with their DM's for doing low yield transfers. That is why it is at their discretion whether or not they will do a transfer.[/QUOTE]

considering gs probably gave pennies on the dollar on the ps2 games, not too worried (dot hack part 4 alone is $44.99)

[quote name='Hemi']considering gs probably gave pennies on the dollar on the ps2 games, not too worried (dot hack part 4 alone is $44.99)[/QUOTE]

You seem to be missing the point and illogically rationalizing your actions. TIVs are set by Gamestop Corporate, not Gamestop employees. You are advocating fooling Gamestop employees and getting the unaware transfer recipient Gamestop employees into trouble just because you have the transfer protocol down.

Your whole argument is that they can get in trouble for 'low yield' transfers. When ONE of the games is $44.99. I doubt they will get in trouble when they picked it up for $5 or so. Making $40.
If it was a $2 game sure, also... how will the employee get in trouble? THEY didn't make the transfer request, don't get mad at me for gamestop protocol flaws.

Not to mention the stores near here have a looping video advertising that they do transfers. If they get in trouble for doing what their company advertises then maybe they work for the wrong company.

[quote name='Bing147']Not to mention the stores near here have a looping video advertising that they do transfers. If they get in trouble for doing what their company advertises then maybe they work for the wrong company.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well, they have rules about it. No point in transferring a $0.99 gamecube broadband adapter from New York to Cali if the shipping costs them $8 and the customer will only pay $0.25 after discount right? So when you go to ask them for that to happen, they reserve the right to say "No" (and they are told to say "No"). What is being suggested here is to circumvent the process by acting like you are an employee asking to have an item transferred to your store. Now that isn't to say that they won't do it if you offer to pay for shipping... [guess how I know about the broadband example ;) ]

[quote name='Hemi']Your whole argument is that they can get in trouble for 'low yield' transfers. When ONE of the games is $44.99. I doubt they will get in trouble when they picked it up for $5 or so. Making $40.
If it was a $2 game sure, also... how will the employee get in trouble? THEY didn't make the transfer request, don't get mad at me for gamestop protocol flaws.[/QUOTE]

It's not an issue of getting mad Champ, I'm simply explaining the consequences of the actions you are suggesting people take to get cheap games. The store manager of the Gamestop that receives low yield transfers will feel the heat from their district manager. Yes, "low yield". Keep in mind you are quoting the 44.99 price for a PS2 game in a thread about Gamecube games that are 75% off...

Remember, this is cheapassgamer.com not scumbaggamer.com

Anyway, people can do whatever they please. No skin off my nose, I just wanted to add some info from the other side of the spectrum.

I didn't pretend to be a game stop employee when i called to see about getting .hack 4 transferred over to a store near me. I asked if they could because my gamestop told me its possible and he said yeah as long as it wasnt like across the country and if i had the store number

[quote name='Watcher033']Got my 18 games in the mail today. Only 2 had cover art (Ultimate Spiderman & Wave Race), one was complete (Bomberman Jetters), Looked at the discs and none looked rough. Hopefully I got lucky. No huge titles mostly non sports filler. Still happy with 18 games for about a buck a piece before shipping. Will be testing tonight. Wish me luck I may need it.[/QUOTE]

All Said and done 15 worked no problem. 3 did not. Went to local store returned 2 and managed to exchange 1 which surprised me. So overall not bad for what it was.

So the 75% still works in store. Here is the games I got during this sale.

yu-gi-oh falsebound kingdom (i know. its a alright game if u like yugioh)
x2 Mario party 4 (sold one here on CAG to help out.)
star wars rogue squad 3
robotech battlecry
x2 resident evil zero (may trade/sell)
star wars rogue 2
x2 mario golf (sold one to same CAG here)
x2 fight night round 2 (yay. super punch out alone worth it if u like snes. may trade/sell)
ikaruga :)
lord of the rings return of the king (fan of star wars and lotr)
naruto clash of ninja (never played, but so cheap)
naruto 2: clash (saw tv show...not bad. wonder if naruto is worth it?)
metroid prime (i have the wii collection)
gotcha force (played it. its alright, just not my type of game.)
super smash bros melee
Total: $41.25

I live in the DC/MD area. No, I did not drive to many GS. It's funny that super smash bros melee wasn't showing in the online store inventory, but gs employee found it in the drawer complete with case and booklet. His computer stated that they didnt have it in stock. All games tested and works. Sure mostly disc only, but they all work and wanted some for gamecube since I skip it duing the good old xbox/halo days.
I requested a store transfer on 1/14/13 for a gameboy player and eternal darkness. The GS I got the games said that it depends on the DM. If the transfer is within 15 miles, then the manager has to drive it to that location. He also stated that transfering one item is losing them money (UPS) and if they dont sell then they will transfer to another store or back to warehouse in Texas. So anyone trying to do transfer, your store manager may say yeah, but they most luckly didnt do it. (I try many times and kept blowing smoke, but Im glad I was able to get some alright titles to build my gamecube collection. Thanks OP.

Update on transfer. Well the store I just called said that they no longer have the game eternal darkness :cry: Looks like the employee may have purchase it since the other store haven't receive it yet. Oh well.

Anybody looking to sell a complete Gotcha Force and Skies Of Arcadia Legends? I'm not paying Ebay Buy It Now prices...looking for a deal on one or all together. Let me know. PM me.

I'm more or less done with this sale (got most of the stickers off, too!). Anything else i'd really go for is not available within 100 miles. I may pick something up if I see it in the store or there is a website re-stock, but i'm done specifically GC shopping at GS for this.

Here's what I did...
FB9DC5C7-71F5-4A8D-8CB0-13731D29E9AF-10287-00000963BD49B994_zps76c944d7.jpg

Baten Kaitos Origins isn't from GS, rather something I happened to find in between GS stores. Kao was from ebay, it was supposed to be GC version $4.xx shipped. When it arrived it was the PS2 version, and the seller refunded my money and let me keep the game as well so that was pretty awesome. Everything else is from the GS sale. The two without covers are Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Mystic Heroes.

[quote name='mitch079']Got this to work online just now for Star Wars Bounty Hunter.[/QUOTE]

Did it have a new expiration date?

bread's done
Back