GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jay']Why are people expecting lower prices,cheapy said all the sales will be a collection of nighty deal sales.[/QUOTE]
It's not Cheapy we don't trust, it's GF.

And if the games I have my eye on aren't going down in price, then I'll simply wait longer. Some will be available again, I'm sure. Others are dropping steadily even with their new price. I've got a large enough backlog to not be pushed into something I think is still overpriced.

[quote name='Jay']Why are people expecting lower prices,cheapy said all the sales will be a collection of nighty deal sales.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they most likely will be a collection of those nightly sales, but some prices will be lower than before, and they might have newer games just for this. This has been the case on last year-end Gamefly sales (to my recollection, I could be wrong, one never knows). So worst case, you get a second crack at the nightly sales. Best case, maybe even lower prices and more selections.

He said "mostly a repeat", the qualifier being mostly. So it looks like there will be some deals that aren't repeats from before.

Because it has happened in the past where Gamefly told Cheapy "we're going to do X" and then Gamefly did something else.

Personally, I am expecting that there will be at least one or two games where Gamefly cut the price from the nightly sale deal, even though they told Cheapy they wouldn't.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Ive been thinking a lot about this lately. We all scramble to buy games we know we will never get to just because they are a great deal. I feel like we all have some mental disorder or something. That being sais I just grabbed Transformers DOTM for 4.99 even though ill never defeat my backlog before the next gen of consoles, and ill be watching the sales on gamefly too for some ridiculous reason[/QUOTE]

This. +1.

I still have a bunch of games I bought this seasons and havn't touched... but I will probably buy at least one from them today. I have the sickness too :)

[quote name='thisguy101']all i want is infamous 2 for 20 and if i get lucky ill find gears 3 for 30[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2 is already 20 bucks used.

[quote name='vanlandw']Agree with everybody on Alice and El Shaddai

Hopefully cheapy has hints and a 100% firm ETA when to expect the deals soon. Good luck to everybody getting what they want.[/QUOTE]

I won't be getting any hints and the list is apparently pretty large. And now I've told you all I know. I won't know anything else until the sale goes live.

Wow! Me, too.:applause:

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I imagine that my backlog will grow today. I have about a 2 foot stack from the sale last month I am still working thorugh.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']I won't be getting any hints and the list is apparently pretty large. And now I've told you all I know. I won't know anything else until the sale goes live.[/QUOTE]

Cant wait man ! Oh and can you send me your vita please ? :)

[quote name='Donken']I still have a bunch of games I bought this seasons and havn't touched... but I will probably buy at least one from them today. I have the sickness too :)[/QUOTE]

I bought 2 just today already and still want more. Someone asked me how many I bought this year and said the equivalent of two games..they asked how many I really bought and I just walked away.

I'll pull the trigger on almost anything sub $10 that I haven't played. You have to as a CAG. I'm hoping for no MLB the show so I won't buy it again, ratchet and clank crack in time and ff13 (to play before sequel) as well as mortal kombat, which is probably a reach.

[quote name='kingsnuff']who else cant keep their finger off F5? I really think I have a problem, cant concentrate on work today for shit[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have been wearing it out sitting at my desk. My gosh work is slow today.

I know I am going to miss this one but luckily I have all the games I was looking for this year already. Any I buy here would just be ones I was on the fence about.

I wonder if putting games in your cart beforehand works. I know I tested it with the Amazon Lightning Deals and it didn't. It would be nice to just refresh your cart then click remove on the games that aren't at your price point.

I had a list of games I wanted, I got them. Then, I had no list, so I had to make another one with games that, well, I "guess" I wanted. Now, it's like I'll buy anything that I once heard someone say was decent. My wife hates it, and with two kids I don't even really have time to play. I'll never get to all these games. It really is a sickness.

[quote name='kingsnuff']sale live?[/QUOTE]

It's 10am PST so 3 more hours. :cry:

I really dont have the money to waste on games this time of year, but I know I'll cave on a few $7.99 or $9.99 games at least.

[quote name='KtMack23']Read the title.

I also would like FF13[/QUOTE]

I read it. Only reason I asked was because GF just lit up with free shipping on a ton of games (nothing had fs earlier when I checked) but the prices look a little high to be a year end sale.

edit- @Sonic thanks.

warhammer, alice, edf, deus ex, kinect joyride ftw

[quote name='Lucky13']I wonder if putting games in your cart beforehand works. I know I tested it with the Amazon Lightning Deals and it didn't. It would be nice to just refresh your cart then click remove on the games that aren't at your price point.[/QUOTE]

It should. I added Homefront to my cart when it was still $19.99 and it's still in there and although it's out of stock, it's priced at $9.99.

top spin 4
dead space 2 collectors edition
singularity
motorstorm
fear 3

$ all for 4.99 each now that's a great sale lol

also picked up wwe 12 for 29.99, but not sure if its worth 30 bucks. I have heard mixed things about wwe 12

[quote name='vherub']does seem like changes are happening now[/QUOTE]

That's because if you could read, you would know that the sale will be live anywhere from 10-12 PST, it is only 7:30 PST.

[quote name='vherub']does seem like changes are happening now[/QUOTE]

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=o8Y9-JlSRXw

[quote name='showtimefolks']top spin 4
dead space 2 collectors edition
singularity
motorstorm
fear 3

$ all for 4.99 each now that's a great sale lol

also picked up wwe 12 for 29.99, but not sure if its worth 30 bucks. I have heard mixed things about wwe 12[/QUOTE]

Good thing Dead Space 2 is OOS because I was tempted to buy it even though I hate that type of game.

[quote name='nadohawk']Good thing Dead Space 2 is OOS because I was tempted to buy it even though I hate that type of game.[/QUOTE]

is top spin 4 good? I've never played tennis games

[quote name='therealdanhill']I had a list of games I wanted, I got them. Then, I had no list, so I had to make another one with games that, well, I "guess" I wanted. Now, it's like I'll buy anything that I once heard someone say was decent. My wife hates it, and with two kids I don't even really have time to play. I'll never get to all these games. It really is a sickness.[/QUOTE]

Same thing going on in my life bro. I just can't stop!

[quote name='thedragon']Is there an area on the website where all sale games are listed, or do you have to search for individual titles[/QUOTE]

Right now I'm on ps3 under $20 and have them sorted from lowest to highest price.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']That's because if you could read, you would know that the sale will be live anywhere from 10-12 PST, it is only 7:30 PST.[/QUOTE]

take it easy killer, I meant the site had just updated itself, putting back many titles that were unavailable, and making everything free shipping (for non-members), not saying anything more

[quote name='thedragon']Is there an area on the website where all sale games are listed, or do you have to search for individual titles[/QUOTE]

I usually click on the free shipping check the used prices.

Why are people talking about the BB day of the day games here in the GAMEFLY THREAD. Hell while were at it, lets talk about the Gamestop holiday sales. Oh man picked up ODST and Halo 3 for a total of $8

[quote name='Scorpion']is top spin 4 good? I've never played tennis games[/QUOTE]

i hear its a good borderline great game and for 4.99 i guess it can't be that bad

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Why are people talking about the BB day of the day games here in the GAMEFLY THREAD. Hell while were at it, lets talk about the Gamestop holiday sales. Oh man picked up ODST and Halo 3 for a total of $8[/QUOTE]

fuck that deal I got NBA live 2004 for 99 cents ! Ftw ftw !

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']It's worth it.[/QUOTE]

ok so i just received the email from BB that my order is ready to pick up. i was gonna pick up everything else besides WWE but i take your word for it. Its been 2 years since i bought a wwe game hopefully WWE 12 will be atleast decent, and not as rough around the edges like many are stating

[quote name='strait edge follower']fuck that deal I got NBA live 2004 for 99 cents ! Ftw ftw ![/QUOTE]

ill 1up you, madden 06 ps2 for the super low price of 90 cents!!!! Top that!! :hot:

[quote name='strait edge follower']fuck that deal I got NBA live 2004 for 99 cents ! Ftw ftw ![/QUOTE]

we are just talking to pass up the time and hoping for similar prices great deals lol

bread's done
Back