GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fyrflash1969']Picked up FEAR 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse for 30$, those were the only games I still wanted that I have not got yet.. so I am now invincible to game sales.

Just wanted to laugh at the guy who said he was laughing at us all for gatting Catherine for 18$ earlier, saying he was gonna laugh when it was cheaper at the end of the year sale. The fool missed out, I hope he is crying.[/QUOTE]

They are both $4.99 at Best Buy...

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Good for you.. every store within 60 miles had no in store pick up from the moment the sale started (Austin, TX), and I work, so there is no chance of me being there when the store opens to double check the inventory and beat the flippers.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happens to me with BB. I believe their garbage system isn't actually accurate, where it will tell you a game is unavailable at certain stores when it's actually in stock.

[quote name='mr_bungle']how is WWE All-Stars?[/QUOTE]

The gameplay is so much fun. However, there isn't a whole lot of variety in terms of modes and load times can be a pain. In particular, the PS3 version often has data caching that occurs when you boot up the game. It doesn't always do this, but it does this enough (over 50% of the time for me) and the process takes long enough (a few minutes) that it can become annoying. I'm not sure if this is an issue on the 360 version as well. Still, the game is a ton of fun.

[quote name='DragonSlayerX']I just checked again and Virtua Tennis 4 is down to $5.99 when I just bought it for $9.99 an hour ago. What is going on here.. o_O[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I laughed hard at the sadness we go through here. I am worried the 5 I bought will do the same.

[quote name='RCS0926']The gameplay is so much fun. However, there isn't a whole lot of variety in terms of modes and load times can be a pain. In particular, the PS3 version often has data caching that occurs when you boot up the game. It doesn't always do this, but it does this enough (over 50% of the time for me) and the process takes long enough (a few minutes) that it can become annoying. I'm not sure if this is an issue on the 360 version as well. Still, the game is a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that it's the 360 version that's on sale. I don't think it has the caching issue. I say go ahead and buy it without any hesitation.

[quote name='thedragon']same boat as you man, every store within 45 minutes has jack...those are the breaks I guess[/QUOTE]

Same here there are a few games I wanted and did a search over the entire Dallas/Fort Worth area and nothing. These $5 prices are kinda misleading more YMMV than anything.

After much debating, I also jumped on Alice: Madness Returns (360). It's a decent deal as-is, but it's even better if it does come with the code for the first one too. Fingers crossed :)

[quote name='Nitro_']Sorry but I laughed hard at the sadness we go through here. I am worried the 5 I bought will do the same.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to sound cheap but if I can save an extra $4 on a video game then I am going to do so..lol.

I like how Dragon Age II is cheaper than Dragon Age Origins and I still have no intention of buying it. Nothing for me this year, thanks OP.

Dissapointed sale as some games didn't even drop in price. Wanted to get Fight Night Champions but at $18 it's not worth it as the online is missing and it itself cost $10.. Most of the sales only save you less than 5 compared to buying new which to me its not worth it..

[quote name='Jackpot.']Dissapointed sale as some games didn't even drop in price. Wanted to get Fight Night Champions but at $18 it's not worth it as the online is missing and it itself cost $10.. Most of the sales only save you less than 5 compared to buying new which to me its not worth it..[/QUOTE]

Code comes with

[quote name='Jackpot.']Dissapointed sale as some games didn't even drop in price. Wanted to get Fight Night Champions but at $18 it's not worth it as the online is missing and it itself cost $10.. Most of the sales only save you less than 5 compared to buying new which to me its not worth it..[/QUOTE]

All GameFly titles should include any online passes or pack in DLC codes that come with new copies.

But I'd agree that some of these prices are disappointing, considering I actually held off earlier this month on some of these games in the off chance that they might drop a bit in price, and now, some are even higher price. Wasn't Fight Night $12.99 a week ago?

Though, I'm sure the abundance of Best Buy deals have skewed my perception of a "good" deal.

Since it's come up a lot, a reiteration... ALL GAMES WILL COME WITH UNUSED CODES.

Anyway, this was disappointing, but I finally just went ahead and snagged Killzone 3 and Mass Effect 2. Good enough.

Only got Knights Contract. Also wanted Fear 3, but I've been spread too thin by BB and GF this holiday season (not amazon though).

I like how Cheapy basically said "don't get your hopes up" about 3 different times, and now...

Be glad that you can save some money today. Buy your girl something nice for once.

[quote name='VaultDweller']bought fear 3 and crysis 2, wanted vanquish but for $7.99 or less, ive seen it for $10 lots of times so im not worried if i miss out this time[/QUOTE]

Vanquish for PS3 is $4.99 used on Bestbuy.com, and they are having a buy 2 get 1 sale. You could get 3 copies for the price of 1 at gamefly.

Was hoping for cheaper on Motorstorm, since i missed it at BB. But i picked up Knights Contract for $9.99, Socom 4 for $13.99, and WWE All-Stars for $12.99.

Great deals on a few Xbox games but I didn't too much else. I decided to get these:

Call of Juarez: The Cartel (Xbox 360) - $7.99
Sniper: Ghost Warrior (Xbox 360) - $7.99
NASCAR 2011: The Game (Xbox 360) - $9.99
Tropico 3 (Xbox 360) - $9.99
Portal 2 (Xbox 360) - $13.99
Crysis 2 (Xbox 360) - $9.99
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) - $11.99
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360) - $7.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 (Xbox 360) - $12.99
Crysis 2 (PS3) - $9.99
Portal 2 (PS3) - $13.99
NASCAR 2011: The Game (PS3) - $12.99

[quote name='mr_bungle']how is WWE All-Stars?[/QUOTE]

Incredible, especially if you like fighting games and/or wrestling games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Game is a steal at this sale price.

FYI: there's a demo on PSN and XBLA.

[quote name='CACG']Vanquish for PS3 is $4.99 used on Bestbuy.com, and they are having a buy 2 get 1 sale. You could get 3 copies for the price of 1 at gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Out of stock on vaquish

[quote name='mtincher']I can easily restrain myself from these "deals."[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, man. The prices aren't that great compared to the best buy sales a little while back. I mean getting Brutal Legend for < $4, Dragon Age Origins for $10, Dead Space 2 for < $15, and such has burned a whole in my pocket. I guess I'll just pass on the Gamefly sales.

[quote name='CACG']Vanquish for PS3 is $4.99 used on Bestbuy.com, and they are having a buy 2 get 1 sale. You could get 3 copies for the price of 1 at gamefly.[/QUOTE]
Thats if by the odd chance you find a Best Buy that has a used copy of a non-popular game.

Let alone finding more then one copy. Even the $9.99 from gamefly which is guaranteed complete is a better deal then that

Tropico 3 was only thing I got. Hoping Sonic Colors on Wii comes back in stock, otherwise was hoping for more games under $15.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 9.99
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon - 9.99

Was waiting for these to drop finally! These might have gotten a bad score in america but japan loves these type of games.

Went ahead and ordered Vanquish (PS3) for $9.99
Best Buy most likely won't restock, and I won't find it at this price anytime soon

This and my Alice from Best Buy are my last games for the year. I'm now broke after the past 2 months and my backlog is long enough to last me until march

[quote name='xewndar1']it was a close race but BEST BUY wins 2011 out of nowhere! :D[/QUOTE]

Hands down.
These Gamefly deals are ok but after Best Buy going crazy the last few weeks they look less attractive.

Cant decide between Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or alice Alice: The Madness Returns HELP!!

EDIT : ok after taking a breath i found amazon is selling castlevania at 14.99, im going to wait to Alice drop a little more in Amazon to....

[quote name='YONKE']Cant decide between Castlevania: Lords of Shadow or alice Alice: The Madness Returns HELP!![/QUOTE]

both!

I get that Best Buy has had some crazy good deals BUT

Whats the point of posting this in the gamefly thread? Best buy is clearing out their inventory of games that didn't sell well. It's either take a loss or never sell them and take a loss.

And I'm sorry but I'll take gamefly and their good CS to Best Buy's shitty CS & constant canceling of orders

I picked up: Alice, Shadows of the damn, La Noire, and Transformers WFC. I was hoping to get Catherine but at $24 its still too much for me.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Is Red River worth the price? I have Dragon Rising but have not played it yet. Maybe I will try it first before deciding.[/QUOTE]

Red river is so much better than dragon rising. I'd say skip and sell DR and just get RR

bread's done
Back