GameFly August 2012 Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 8/20.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Hole in the Wall: Deluxe Edition $7.99
:360: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters $7.99
:360: Black Eyed Peas Experience $9.99
:360: EA Sports: Grand Slam Tennis 2 $9.99
:360: Hasbro Family Game Night 4 $9.99
:360: Rise of Nightmares $9.99
:360: Rugby World Cup 2011 $9.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $9.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:360: Kinect Disneyland Adventures $12.99
:360: Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
:360: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:360: Just Dance 3 $12.99
:360: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 $12.99
:360: Need for Speed The Run $12.99
:360: Rage $12.99
:360: SSX $14.99
:360: Dance Central 2 $14.99
:360: Kinect Sports Season Two $14.99
:360: Sonic Generations $14.99
:360: PowerUp Heroes $17.99
:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $17.99

:ps3: Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters $7.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $7.99
:ps3: Everybody Dance $9.99
:ps3: Hasbro Family Game Night 4 $9.99
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: Just Dance 3 $12.99
:ps3: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $12.99
:ps3: Mass Effect 2 $12.99
:ps3: Rage $12.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $12.99
:ps3: Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: The Run $12.99
:ps3: Twisted Metal $17.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $14.99
:ps3: Resistance 3 $14.99
:ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $17.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $17.99

:wii: Puss in Boots $7.99
:wii: Country Dance 2 $9.99
:wii: Fortune Street $19.99
:wii: Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked $5.99
:wii: Barbie: Jet, Set and Style $7.99
:wii: Black Eyed Peas Experience $7.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: Get Up and Dance $7.99
:wii: Gunslingers $7.99
:wii: Heavy Fire: Afghanistan $7.99
:wii: NCIS $7.99
:wii: Nickelodeon Dance $7.99
:wii: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $7.99
:wii: Cabela's Adventure Camp $9.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 4 $9.99
:wii: Oregon Trail $9.99
:wii: The Price is Right 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: Power Rangers Samurai $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Twisted Metal.

Is it possible to buy TM: Black unlock codes on the PSN store? I tried checking just now myself, but the PSN store is undergoing maintenance.

is resistance 3 worth pulling the trigger at $15 or do you guys think it'll drop to 9.99 with, say, 2 months? i have backlog and sleeping dogs to keep me busy but i don't want to miss out on r3 in general.

[quote name='affa']is resistance 3 worth pulling the trigger at $15 or do you guys think it'll drop to 9.99 with, say, 2 months? i have backlog and sleeping dogs to keep me busy but i don't want to miss out on r3 in general.[/QUOTE]

Resistance 3 has been $10 at Best Buy recently so it's pretty likely Gamefly will go that low relatively soon. You can be sure it won't be any higher than it is now in 2 months, anyway.

I just signed on and saw this e-mail, and was thinking it's already been at least four hours since I the sale started so I probably missed out. Then I carefully went through all the titles and didn't see anything I was interested in that I didn't already own. This is a first for me and is probably a sign that I spend too much time at Cheap Ass Gamer.

Thanks for posting Cheapy. I wasn't looking forward to transcribing everything so I'm glad you beat me.

[quote name='benjamouth']Silent Hill HD Collection and SoulCalibur V are also part of this sale according to the email they sent me.

$17.99 each (360 only).

http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-Silent-Hill-HD-Collection/148520/

http://www.gamefly.com/Buy-SoulCalibur-V/157080/[/QUOTE]

Do Not Buy :360: Silent Hill HD Collection! The game is the worst example of what can go wrong when developers/publishers get lazy and release a broken HD port. Konami has released an extensive patch that supposedly fixes the technical problems on :ps3:, but has stated that the patch will not be coming to the :360:.

So glad to finally see SFxT for a low price.

See, Capcom? This all could have been avoided if you'd just unlocked the on-disc DLC from the start.

[quote name='bosamba']

do not buy :360: Silent hill hd collection! the game is the worst example of what can go wrong when developers/publishers get lazy and release a broken hd port. Konami has released an extensive patch that supposedly fixes the technical problems on :ps3:, but has stated that the patch will not be coming to the :360:.[/quote]

wth

[quote name='Bosamba']

Do Not Buy :360: Silent Hill HD Collection! The game is the worst example of what can go wrong when developers/publishers get lazy and release a broken HD port. Konami has released an extensive patch that supposedly fixes the technical problems on :ps3:, but has stated that the patch will not be coming to the :360:.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']wth[/QUOTE]

Yep. FWIW the patch for the :ps3: version fixed a few things but definitely not all of them.

8/8 was the last day you could purchase the :360: version and be eligible to receive an older title for free: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326420

Quite the impressive list. ;)

Ehem...I may have purchased Kinect Disneyland Adventures...allegedly...perhaps.

Kids had fun with the demo, and I kind of enjoyed it too. I think it can be had for $20 new, so a few bucks off for a cosmetically damaged, but hopefully functional, disc isn't a bad deal.

i've plat'd and sold all 3 uncharteds and yet i still feel like i should get it again just to play through it yet again.

grabbed twisted metal, wanted Uncharted 3 and Dance Central 2 but meh I still need to finish Uncharted 2 and Dance Central 1 lol. So i'll wait.

[quote name='vherub']how is operation raccoon city? worth $10 or pass at any price?

thanks for the responses[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed this game with 3 other friends. If you plan on playing by yourself, I would probably say stay away though.

Nothing for me this time. Just as well, with Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs coming out today, my wallet needs a break anyway.

If anyone wants it, here's a code for 5 gamefly dollars:
GFRWWPGK27R2W7NT
It expires tomorrow and I have no need for it. You're welcome!

[quote name='NoRainNoRainbow']If anyone wants it, here's a code for 5 gamefly dollars:
GFRWWPGK27R2W7NT
It expires tomorrow and I have no need for it. You're welcome![/QUOTE]

Codes are attached to accounts. Thanks though. Mad I missed Street Fighter. Hopefully they restock tomorrow or thursday

I take issue with Cheapy stating "usually in excellent condition". I'm a solid 50/50 with these Gamefly deals. The cool thing is that customer service is very prompt with refunding my cash. My purchases may be the exception, but buyer beware anyways.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I just started to play my kinect games again, and was looking for Kinect Sports 2 on the cheap, but now that it is that price... I'm not sure. Have to think about it, but nice to see Gamefly console sales again.[/QUOTE]

If it means anything to you I believe most if not all copies if kinect sports 2 come with a month of gold, as well as a avatar football outfit and a foam finger prop.

I don't know if it's a good thing that TM is sold out or what, with Sleeping Dogs arriving tomorrow and Transformers next week, along with the stack I have to play now... Lol. But Resistance 3 and Sonic Generations.............. So tempting

[quote name='CheapyD']FYI, SSX (360) $14.99 just added a big free update: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...adds-two-new-modes-free-real-time-multiplayer[/QUOTE]

So glad I kept my :ps3: copy when it was $10 with @Gamer coupon from Best Buy. I wonder how many CAGs that flipped it to Gamestop now regret their decision.

[quote name='Bullitt24']Tried to buy SFxT but its still 39.99 and its only 12.99 if you wanna keep it after you already rented it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eagles5769']Damn, Twisted Metal went back up to 39.99 in the middle of me entering my CC info. I need to be quicker. At least I got Uncharted 3.[/QUOTE]

That's because the used version "sold out". They only have a certain number allocated for these sales and they sell out pretty quick. Occasionally they'll restock games from 10AM - 2 PM EDT although that's now always true either. Just keep checking the thread and their website and you may still luck out.

If you're a member, you can rent the disc from them, and then keep it for the sale price. They then send you the disc, manual, and online passes in the mail. Some CAGs in the past would start a trial account, check out the specific title, then choose to keep it if it was something they really wanted.

I really want Silent Hill HD but they only have it for 360 and I wanted the PS3version ....

Should've picked it up for $15 a few months back D:

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I really want Silent Hill HD but they only have it for 360 and I wanted the PS3version ....

Should've picked it up for $15 a few months back D:[/QUOTE]

got excited about this when I saw the email earlier but now it looks like I have to "Rent" SH HD and then choose to "Keep It" (don't have a membership anymore).

So can someone confirm I am a dumbass and missed something or that this is just a strange occurance?

edit- I should read more. This means it is sold out at the moment correct? (like the sf x t comment above)?

[quote name='jcp42877']And worth every damn penny I might add![/QUOTE]

I second this!!! Uncharted is definitely my favorite series of this generation.

After these Best Buy sales I am broke and nothing on there I want anyway. Except for SF VS Tekken nothing on there to write home about.

[quote name='MasaTFC']got excited about this when I saw the email earlier but now it looks like I have to "Rent" SH HD and then choose to "Keep It" (don't have a membership anymore).

So can someone confirm I am a dumbass and missed something or that this is just a strange occurance?

edit- I should read more. This means it is sold out at the moment correct? (like the sf x t comment above)?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version (the non-broken, well, not AS broken, version) is either out of stock or full price which makes me sad :(

Managed to get dance central 2 and kinect sports season 2. I can also trade in my dance central 1 to best buy after importing songs :D

[quote name='finsfan0210']Any clue if Kinect Sports Season 2 comes with the free month of gold and the avatar items?[/QUOTE]

I am assuming that they do because doesnet gamefly usually have only first run copies? It could also be a thing where every copy if it includes the bonuses

I have a $5 member coupon plus the usual 10% off so FF X-III2 is looking good at less than $8 to me. It looks like the buy option is out of stock but I may just try to keep it once a rental slot opens up for me.

Apparently the cutscenes are no longer prerendered video files so the whole game is actually on one disc!

Thanks OP, finally got SSX & Hasbro Family Game Night for 360....wanted Twisted Metal also but gone and will just have to hope they restock and I can grab it then!.

bread's done
Back