GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone looking for GoldenEye, have you played the demo? I could not play that thing. It felt horrible to me. I hated the unskippable cut-scenes, some non-flowing controls (like leaping over things), the bad multiplayer maps, even the poor graphics bugged me.

Stick with your nostalgic memories.

^ Spot on. This is not the Goldeneye from Nintendo 64 that we all remember fondly, this is a sad bare bones call of duty clone with the James Bond license slapped on.

You'd be better off dusting off your N64 and finding a copy of the original.

Yeah, but I have this sick ambition of playing every FPS for the Xbox 360 once the game gets cheap enough. I 1000/1000 Darkest of Days. That's just the kind of glutton for punishment I am.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']Not much for me today...
Would jump on Dead Rising: Off the Record if it was Free Shipping too =P[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, its $20 new.

[quote name='Guimengo']Everyone looking for GoldenEye, have you played the demo? I could not play that thing. It felt horrible to me. I hated the unskippable cut-scenes, some non-flowing controls (like leaping over things), the bad multiplayer maps, even the poor graphics bugged me.

Stick with your nostalgic memories.[/QUOTE]

I played it on N64 back when it came out in '97. I played it on Wii when it came out a couple years ago. And now I want it again on 360 or PS3. (I have played the 360 demo).

I just like teh goldeneyes.

And that is why companies will re-release sub-par garbage...it is no where near the experience that the N64 Goldeneye was...

[quote name='SteveDaWonder']Yeah, but I have this sick ambition of playing every FPS for the Xbox 360 once the game gets cheap enough. I 1000/1000 Darkest of Days. That's just the kind of glutton for punishment I am.[/QUOTE]

I, too, have that sickness. That is by far the worst game I have ever played.

NCAA Football 12 is only $10 for both 360 and PS3. Pretty good deal, especially considering the Best Buy Coupon never panned out.

EDIT: Ninja'd! You bastard!!!

Question:

I mean no offense to our head cheap ass, but do you think someone should start a new thread with these Gamefly nightly deals? The OP is 2 days behind now, and it's lead to lots of confusion about the LOTR:WitN deal, and I think there are a lot of people missing out on these deals cuz they just check the OP.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Yeah, seriously, WHERE IS GOLDENEYE?[/QUOTE]

Its coming I can feel it! I had the same feeling for SCV and it came right up....

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question:

I mean no offense to our head cheap ass, but do you think someone should start a new thread with these Gamefly nightly deals? The OP is 2 days behind now, and it's lead to lots of confusion about the LOTR:WitN deal, and I think there are a lot of people missing out on these deals cuz they just check the OP.[/QUOTE]

I'll do it, just be prepared for popular games to sell out quick as Slick Deals will repost the deal and it will turn into a feeding frenzy.

Edit: I'll wikify it too, something that Cheapy or another mod should have done if Cheapy is unable to post updates in time.

[quote name='Bosamba']I'll do it, just be prepared for popular games to sell out quick as Slick Deals will repost the deal and it will turn into a feeding frenzy.

Edit: I'll wikify it too, something that Cheapy or another mod should have done if Cheapy is unable to post updates in time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! And wikify'ing is a great idea, since it's easy for us in the community to find these deals and post them, since we usually know the update times, and at least one of us is bound to check every day. I usually check Mon-Fri just in case myself.

Thursday, May 24.

EA Sports: Grand Slam Tennis 2 (X360) $17.99
Puss in Boots (PS3) $9.99
NCAA Football 12 (X360) $9.99
Driver: San Francisco (PS3) $9.99
The Cursed Crusade (X360) $7.99
The Cursed Crusade (PS3) $7.99

Nothing for me.

I don't really care for traditional sport games and am terrible at them. I don't even care about traditional sports irl; especially college football.
But for some reason I am really tempted to get NCAA. What is wrong with me?

Then how about taking the initiative and do so yourself, mate? Everyone contributes to the thread in their own ways. It doesn't all have to fall on CheapassGamer, you know?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Question:

I mean no offense to our head cheap ass, but do you think someone should start a new thread with these Gamefly nightly deals? The OP is 2 days behind now, and it's lead to lots of confusion about the LOTR:WitN deal, and I think there are a lot of people missing out on these deals cuz they just check the OP.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Then how about taking the initiative and do so yourself, mate? Everyone contributes to the thread in their own ways. It doesn't all have to fall on CheapassGamer, you know?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whitereflection']He did.[/QUOTE]

Bombasa actually did, I was more just asking to see what kind of response it got, then I probably would have made one. Bombasa just volunteered right away to make one, and I have no problem with him doing it.

I see. Very cool. Thanks.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Bombasa actually did, I was more just asking to see what kind of response it got, then I probably would have made one. Bombasa just volunteered right away to make one, and I have no problem with him doing it.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Said I would stop buying games until I beat old ones, but $10 for NCAA 12 which I can actually use online and get a good deal of enjoyment out of is a no brainer. Thanks!

[quote name='blazenumb1']Just a heads up, its $20 new.[/QUOTE]

Wow... you're right. Dang I'm so far behind... In that case, will wait till it's around $10 =D

[quote name='elessar123']Grabbed Cursed Crusade. I know it's bad, but I have to give Atlus related games a chance by default.[/QUOTE]

There was a demo released. Ah well, at least you'd have a nice coaster.

picked up driver again the first time i ordered last month from gamefly it never arrived... im sure this will i cant wait rented and loved it

[quote name='Idiotekque']Link to the new thread? I can't find it.[/QUOTE]

For Gamefly? This is still the thread. Cheapy just hasn't updated the thread this week, iirc.

Driver is a ton of fun and it has some mechanics that are totally unique to the genre. If people are still playing it online, that was a blast too.

How quickly does Gamefly actually ship? A few of these would be nice "rentals" to trade in for a profit at BBY, but only if they'll come quickly enough to play for a few days before the 50% promo ends.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Link to the new thread? I can't find it.[/QUOTE]
Looks to have been deleted or merged

[quote name='@FIF']How quickly does Gamefly actually ship? A few of these would be nice "rentals" to trade in for a profit at BBY, but only if they'll come quickly enough to play for a few days before the 50% promo ends.[/QUOTE]
all depends really. Where you live and how close you are to the shipping center that sends it out. Usually takes about 5 days for me in Colo Springs, then there are others here that recieve them in a day or two.

bread's done
Back