GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I went through hell with support. I feel sick when I think of going through that again. Every single reply was from a new person telling me the same exact thing. It's like talking to stupid robots, seriously.

Then again, maybe when it's a simple matter of returning something it won't be a big deal.

[quote name='Maineavalanche']When I did a trade in at my local Best Buy a week or so ago, they opened the games to make sure the right game was in the case and looked on the back for scratches, but that was it. I doubt they would have noticed the small chips, but maybe a good sized one.[/QUOTE]
I traded in Best Buy once. The guy took all my PS2 & PS3 games without a problem. The funny thing is the guy didn't open 1 game case to check if the games were there.

I'm sad to hear about your last 4 out of 5 discs have chips in them, but happy to hear that you have 20 or so before then without any. Another tip to see these chips easily is to hold the disc and its outer edges to the light.

These Gamefly deals are great deals for their practically brand new cases and manuals and online codes for their used games. But they really need to put a warning label about the chips in their descriptions for those buyers who want to trade back in their games or sell them once they are finished with the games since the chips will lower their values. I'm just doing my parts to let all CAGs know about this ongoing, recurrent chip problems. If you are not selling or trading your games in the future, and you don't care about chips on your used games (which some of us collectors do), then Gamefly's nightly deal is for you.

[quote name='woz3323']Not all of their games have chips. I buy games from Gamefly all the time and probably went about 20 (if not more) in a row without chips. That being said, my luck ran out. Of the last 5 or so, 4 of them had bad ones.[/QUOTE]

If they put Saints Row 3 up for a good price, I think that'll lead me to test my luck. Need an online pass for that one, so GF would be the place to go.

I've only ever gotten 1 disc that had chips from GF after 30+ purchases. They have mostly been PS3, so maybe its because they are more durable.

This guy on a mission to inform the world of the injustice he endured is pretty fucking funny. I wouldn't worry at all about it, your discs will be fine. The one time I had a case mangled in the mail, they sent me a new one, no questions asked.

[quote name='Slowdance']I've only ever gotten 1 disc that had chips from GF after 30+ purchases. They have mostly been PS3, so maybe its because they are more durable.

This guy on a mission to inform the world of the injustice he endured is pretty fucking funny. I wouldn't worry at all about it, your discs will be fine. The one time I had a case mangled in the mail, they sent me a new one, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

PS3 discs are more durable against scratches, I don't think they have more resistance against chips. All of the games I've ordered have been for PS3, and all are chipped.

Out of all the games I've bought from Gamefly only one had chips in it (Space Marines), I just finished the game + play online without it ever crashing or lagging.

The chips are really so small that I didn't even notice them when I got the game, but after hearing all the issues I inspected all my gamefly orders.

[quote name='Slowdance']I wouldn't worry at all about it, your discs will be fine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']All of the games I've ordered have been for PS3, and all are chipped.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, I've ordered about 20 games from Gamefly, around 18 are chipped.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AukeySeven']after hearing all the issues I inspected all my gamefly orders.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

I honestly crack up reading the banter. "Yeah, your discs will totally be fine.", "All of my discs have been chipped.", "18 of 20 discs have been chipped.", "You guys are all pussies; real men buy chipped discs!".

:rofl:

[quote name='technicalstylez']well the catherine and infamous 2 i ordered were shipped wednesday from PA and arrived today at my home in CA. can't complain.[/QUOTE]

How the hell is that possible? I live in Philadelphia. My games get shipped from Pittsburgh (about 3 hours away) and it takes a week. The fuck? Meanwhile, rentals take 2 days to get to me. Huh? ....With that said, I think I'm going to grab Sonic Generations....

[quote name='AukeySeven']Out of all the games I've bought from Gamefly only one had chips in it (Space Marines), I just finished the game + play online without it ever crashing or lagging.

The chips are really so small that I didn't even notice them when I got the game, but after hearing all the princesses complain I inspected all my gamefly orders.[/QUOTE]

I like how people actually have the gall to give the folks complaining about this grief. A scratched, disc only copy from Gamestop will most likely work, too. That doesn't mean it's what a person wants in their collection. Receiving damaged discs, especially from Gamefly who usually have 'like new' quality merchandise, is fully deserving of ire.

I have a disc with a pie shaped chunk taken out of it (you could probably put a dime in the missing spot) and it still plays fine. Doesn't mean I would have paid money for it. :roll:

[quote name='Zaku77']I like how people actually have the gall to give the folks complaining about this grief. A scratched, disc only copy from Gamestop will most likely work, too. That doesn't mean it's what a person wants in their collection. Receiving damaged discs, especially from Gamefly who usually have 'like new' quality merchandise, is fully deserving of ire.[/QUOTE]

Then give your ire to Gamefly and give us a break from it. WE KNOW.

So will Gamefly be continuing their nightly deals now that the monthly sale is over, or is that not going to be the case going forward?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I usually take a bite out of each of my disks anyway so i am not sure what everyone is arguing about.[/QUOTE]

You know how many people are playing their video games, then go take a dump, don't wash their hands and then handle the disk, keep them out of your mouth. :shame:

[quote name='Zmonkay']So will Gamefly be continuing their nightly deals now that the monthly sale is over, or is that not going to be the case going forward?[/QUOTE]

I hope so/not.

Gamefly has PC downloads on sale until 5/28. Odds are that's what's in store for the week

There's a new thread for that in case anyone's interested. Probably not that, it's all steam games and they're usually cheaper on steam itself

gamefly posted up a few deals through twitter
Soul Calibur V 19.99 Xbox 360 PS3
Lord of The Rings War in the North 9.99 Xbox 360 PS3
Battlefield 3 19.99 Xbox 360
Sorry cant post links I'm on cell

Also forgot assassins creed revelations PS3 14.99

SCV isn't a terrible price; can't say much for LotR (it's a LotR game).

Best Buy was just selling brand new copies of BF3 for $20 in any case, so that's not an amazing deal there. Comes with the multiplayer pass though, so it's not terrible if you missed the BB deal.

[quote name='jonnysniper']gamefly posted up a few deals through twitter

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting that. I literally just broke down and purchased it full price for store p/u at BB yesterday with the MW2 deal. Fortunately it was still processing so I canceled it to pick this one up instead. Just saved me ten bucks.

[quote name='jonnysniper']gamefly posted up a few deals through twitter
Soul Calibur V 19.99 Xbox 360 PS3
Battlefield 3 19.99 Xbox 360
Sorry cant post links I'm on cell

Also forgot assassins creed revelations PS3 14.99[/QUOTE]

I can get LotR for 8.99 with my discount.

Game worth that much?

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hmmm....contemplating LotR as well.

Surprised that the nightly deals are back so quickly.[/QUOTE]

LotR was pretty good. It has a few (avoidable) glitches/bugs. A fun game that takes no risks with the genre, but definitely worth the 9.99 price point.

[quote name='blinknot4']LotR was pretty good. It has a few (avoidable) glitches/bugs. A fun game that takes no risks with the genre, but definitely worth the 9.99 price point.[/QUOTE]

What's the length? About 15 hours? I really don't need it to be too long.

[quote name='tylerh1701']What's the length? About 15 hours? I really don't need it to be too long.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's about 10 hours. Ideal hack 'n slash (which it is more of, despite the RPG mechanics) time if you ask me, especially with New Game +.

[quote name='Prismatico']Nope, it's about 10 hours. Ideal hack 'n slash (which it is more of, despite the RPG mechanics) time if you ask me, especially with New Game +.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I can do 10 hours, grabbed a copy for PS3.

[quote name='Prismatico']Nope, it's about 10 hours. Ideal hack 'n slash (which it is more of, despite the RPG mechanics) time if you ask me, especially with New Game +.[/QUOTE]

Yes I would concur - it was around 10 hours. I didn't mind that it wasn't a big, massive world. We have Skyrizzle, Amalur, and now Dragon's Dogmother for that (just to name a few.)

[quote name='blinknot4']My turn for a question now ... Does BF3 suck if I don't play online too much? Does the single player do the 19.99 price justice?[/QUOTE]

The single player is pretty lackluster and short. Its about 5 hours and has a few cool moments but nothing you are missing out on. The multiplayer is where it's at!

[quote name='blinknot4']My turn for a question now ... Does BF3 suck if I don't play online too much? Does the single player do the 19.99 price justice?[/QUOTE]

I thought the single player was ok, but bf3 isn't worth 20$ if your just going to play the single player imo.

Have you ever played the Medal Of Honor campaign? Its kinda similiar IMO

Battle Field 3 is a brilliant game. I've been playing the multiplayer for 6 months now, even though I haven't purchased a single DLC for it. The Medal of Honor campaign was awesome, so if the BF3 campaign is anything like it, and I don't have any doubt that it isn't, BF3 is worth more than the asking price of $20.

I can't believe I haven't even touch BF3's main campaign yet.

[quote name='woz3323']Not all of their games have chips. I buy games from Gamefly all the time and probably went about 20 (if not more) in a row without chips. That being said, my luck ran out. Of the last 5 or so, 4 of them had bad ones.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='who77']I thought the single player was ok, but bf3 isn't worth 20$ if your just going to play the single player imo.[/QUOTE]

Bought LOTR. I got Dungeon Siege 3 last year from GFly and just now started playing it. I hear it is short though and I am loving it, so LOTR might hit the spot after I'm done with DS3.

Thanks guys for the BF3 feedback - I think I'll hold off for now. I'm sure the online is awesome - but I don't do that much multiplayer these days.

bread's done
Back