GameFly Daily Deals: FNR4 $15, Grid (360) $10, TW PGA 10 (360) $20 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_532.jpg[/rightimg]GameFly is running daily deals this week on select used games that will also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition.These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Saturday.

:360: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
:360: GRID $9.99
:360: Midnight Club: Los Angeles $14.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $19.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 $9.99
:360: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 $7.99
:ps3: Fight Night Round 4 $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='probin74243']I've bought at least half a dozen games from GF and rented about 2 dozen more. I don't inspect every one for scratches, but they have all played perfectly. The cases and manuals are always pristine and download codes (i.e. RB track packs) are unused. The only difference between buying used from GF or new from somewhere else is they've done you the favor of removing the plastic wrap and cutting the tape.... AND you save money, tax, gas, time, etc.

BTW- Hope you don't mind my changing your font to a reasonable level. My grandpa might need letters that big but I don't.[/QUOTE]

But you forgot the most importantant difference - If you buy new, the developer of the game gets a cut. If you buy used, they don't. If it's a good game, I'll pay the extra $5 bucks just to support the developer and hopefully they'll kick out a sequel down the road...

Haven't gotten a 360 game yet from gamefly. Do they come in great condition? I got Killzone 2 for the PS3 from gamefly and it was used but it was in perfect condition and it looked like it was never even used once. It looked brand new but are the 360 games the same because 360 games are easier to scratch so I really dont want a scratched game? I would prob get FNR4 for the PS3 if the 360 games come bad.

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']Haven't gotten a 360 game yet from gamefly. Do they come in great condition? I got Killzone 2 for the PS3 from gamefly and it was used but it was in perfect condition and it looked like it was never even used once. It looked brand new but are the 360 games the same because 360 games are easier to scratch so I really dont want a scratched game? I would prob get FNR4 for the PS3 if the 360 games come bad.[/QUOTE]

I've never gotten a 360 game that hasn't worked from GF, but it does vary. Some are pretty much mint, others might have some friction marks or dings along the outer edge.

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']Haven't gotten a 360 game yet from gamefly. Do they come in great condition? I got Killzone 2 for the PS3 from gamefly and it was used but it was in perfect condition and it looked like it was never even used once. It looked brand new but are the 360 games the same because 360 games are easier to scratch so I really dont want a scratched game? I would prob get FNR4 for the PS3 if the 360 games come bad.[/QUOTE]

I rarely get a game that doesn't have some scratches and chips on the outer edge, but most work fine.

You'll sometimes get a game that won't work at all, and it seems much more common during these big sales. when this happens they'll tell you to seal it up in the original package and mark it "return to sender" so you don't have to pay any shipping. They don't replace broken games so if it's out of stock or not on sale anymore you're out of luck.

Of the 9 games I've ordered during this sale I've received 7 and already had to send back 2.

[quote name='Samstag']I rarely get a game that doesn't have some scratches and chips on the outer edge, but most work fine.

You'll sometimes get a game that won't work at all, and it seems much more common during these big sales. when this happens they'll tell you to seal it up in the original package and mark it "return to sender" so you don't have to pay any shipping. They don't replace broken games so if it's out of stock or not on sale anymore you're out of luck.

Of the 9 games I've ordered during this sale I've received 7 and already had to send back 2.[/QUOTE]

So if it doesnt work and you have to send it back do you get your money back?

[quote name='SV11bucksfan']So if it doesnt work and you have to send it back do you get your money back?[/QUOTE]

They would have to give you your money back, so yes.

--

Was thinking about getting GRID but I recently got Forza 3 and am still playing that.

Seems as if they are bringing back some of there old deals again, so if you missed one check back! I just got Resident Evil 5 (360) for $12 which was the price on monday.

Last week wasn't it Sunday - Thursday nights for new sales? I think it was, but wasn't positive. But I do know that Cheapy did announce in the OP of the last sale of the week that that was the case and when the next batch of titles were going live.

[quote name='Samstag']I rarely get a game that doesn't have some scratches and chips on the outer edge, but most work fine.

Of the 9 games I've ordered during this sale I've received 7 and already had to send back 2.[/QUOTE]

I received Fear 2 the other day with lots of little surface scratches, i dont know if it affects playback yet or not. I need to toss it in the 360 and check it out. Thanks for letting us know about returns... sucks they won't make an exchange for a working copy! Wtf?

[quote name='gymguy']Seems as if they are bringing back some of there old deals again, so if you missed one check back! I just got Resident Evil 5 (360) for $12 which was the price on monday.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Thanks for that... i thought i purchased that during the sale but it was late and i guess i didnt see it all the way through haha I just picked it up at that previous sale price. Sweet! I wonder how much the *Gold* edition of the game is going to be as opposed to buying the original game used and the DLC seperately? I already played and beat it once with a friend so i didnt want to spend $60 just for an extra level and some costumes i haven't seen yet. $12 plus eventual DLC... not too bad :)

[quote name='keithp']Is Grid worth it if you already have Forza 3?[/QUOTE]

If you're still playing F3 don't bother.

[quote name='splattered']I received Fear 2 the other day with lots of little surface scratches, i dont know if it affects playback yet or not. I need to toss it in the 360 and check it out. Thanks for letting us know about returns... sucks they won't make an exchange for a working copy! Wtf?[/QUOTE]

Fear 2 is the game I'm sending back as unplayable. The disc doesn't look too bad but it won't even boot. I'd install it to the hard drive to make sure it can read the whole disk if I were you.

ok what the heck.... i just got Fight Night Round 4 for PS3 and it said it was $16.45 final total. and then i go and check my bank statement and it shows gamefly charging me the $16.45 and then another $1.00.... what the F is that about?? do they charge hidden fees that im unaware about? I know its a dollar but cmon.....

That's the one negative, if you get an unplayable game (I did with Resistance 2), you'll get refunded and have no opportunity to get a working copy of the game at the sale price. Luck of the draw, I suppose. At least my copy of Killzone 2 worked!

[quote name='pun123']I wonder if this is the last Tiger Woods Golf game we will see, you never know who else will drop him, rumor is he might quit golf.[/QUOTE]

this made me giggle. then again michael jordan retired from the nba to go play baseball for a little bit so who knows?

i wend ahead and boutgh tiger woods 2k10 for twenty bucks. i probably should have just got part 9 though

edit, got resident evil as well. blah too many games, too little time. at least i will h ave a week or so to screw off between chrismas and new years

Last edited by a moderator:
Is TW10 worth $10 more than TW09? I know a lot of times these games are pretty similar year to year. I just really want to know if I should just drop the extra $10 and get TW10.

EDIT- Looks like the post before me asked the same question at the same time.

I went with Tiger 09 along w/Bionic Commando for a total of $21.

I watched the IGN and Gametrailers reviews and I just didn't see enough difference to warrant another ten bones for Tiger 10.

On another note, do any other CAGs feel like we are so up on the deals that unless you purposely wait to buy games that you have already bought all the really good games? Both Tiger 09 and Bionic Commando are worth $10, but no more. I am happy to find the deals but I find myself loving the "hunt" of capitalizing on great deals I just wish the games I was scoring the deals on would be better. I was actually considering the Gamefly $7.99 Smackdown vs. Raw until I realized I don't even watch wrestling!! I think I like getting the deals (& hoarding cheap games) more than playing the games I got the deals on.

It's all right, I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want, just one more fix!! : )

Little late to the party but i grabbed grid, loved the first dirt game and loved the demo for grid. So been waiting for this one to be the right price a while.

[quote name='variablesunknown']I went with Tiger 09 along w/Bionic Commando for a total of $21.

I watched the IGN and Gametrailers reviews and I just didn't see enough difference to warrant another ten bones for Tiger 10.

On another note, do any other CAGs feel like we are so up on the deals that unless you purposely wait to buy games that you have already bought all the really good games? Both Tiger 09 and Bionic Commando are worth $10, but no more. I am happy to find the deals but I find myself loving the "hunt" of capitalizing on great deals I just wish the games I was scoring the deals on would be better. I was actually considering the Gamefly $7.99 Smackdown vs. Raw until I realized I don't even watch wrestling!! I think I like getting the deals (& hoarding cheap games) more than playing the games I got the deals on.

It's all right, I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want, just one more fix!! : )[/QUOTE]
I have the same problem. After Black Friday I shouldn't even look at this thread my backlog is so unwieldy.

[quote name='ramatut4001']I have the same problem. After Black Friday I shouldn't even look at this thread my backlog is so unwieldy.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just got Modern Warfare 2, Borderlands and Fallout 3. I don't know if I should pull the trigger on this since those games will keep me busy for a while.

Ramatut,
I know exactly what you mean! My current backlog (games owned but not yet played):

Assassin's Creed 2, Forza 3, Need for Speed Shift, Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Brutal Legend, Dragon Age Origins, Resident Evil 4, Far Cry 2, Ghostbusters, UFC Undisputed, Wolverine Origins
The Godfather 2, Tomb Raider Underworld, Ratchet & Clank: crack in time, God of War collection, and Heavenly Sword

Not bragging just looking at my game shelf and saying holy crap! I have no business buying any more games but that knowledge probably won't stop me. Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, and Dark Void are already whispering "buy me" in my ear.

[quote name='KueMan10']That is still a $5 (33%) increase on the gamefly price. And considering the fact that the games shipped from Gamefly seem practically new already, it does not make much sense to buy one from BB. Unless of course you absolutely cannot wait to play this game, which has already been out for months now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah every game I got from gamefly has always looked like someone took one off a store shelf, took off the shrink wrap and mailed it to me.

Even some gameboy advance games I got from them came in the original box and even the nintendo power subscription card in it.

They have always sent me stuff in very excellent shape.

Shipping has always either been free or just a couple dollars also.

[quote name='mousebites']So when can we expect these games? Mine shipped yesterday. What is the usually estimated time of arrival?[/QUOTE]
So far I have got all mine around 3 days after I got the shipping confirmation

FN4 got an award on Xplay's Best of 2009, enough to manage a purchase for you lol. It's in my backlog but I plan to play it some day, still need to finish FN3.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Well, those that bit on the used 14.99 a couple days earlier than a sale surely should have used their fortune telling skills. Indeed.[/QUOTE]

lmao, for sure. :applause:

[quote name='jr233270']Will there be a new deal tonight? I'm waiting to see before I go to bed...[/QUOTE]

You read my mind...any news?

[quote name='variablesunknown']I went with Tiger 09 along w/Bionic Commando for a total of $21.

It's all right, I don't have a problem, I can stop any time I want, just one more fix!! : )[/QUOTE]

Omigawd...I totally feel the same way sometimes! I'm completely convinced I'm a video game shopaholic. just like my sister is for clothes...so sad. Maybe we need a support group? :grouphug:

Received Grid couple days ago and played a little bit; it's pretty darn hard game (I think it's the controls). I played Forza and GT series and they were fine but this one seems to be a couple steps above the sim leaders in difficulty. The drifting is pretty fun though. Anyone else having trouble with this game? Or have some tips for me?

bread's done
Back