Gamefly- [DEAD] Resident Evil 6 $10, Assassin's Creed: Rev $10, Epic Mickey 2 Wii $13

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
All these games have free shipping, and Gamefly games almost always come with original boxes, manuals, and other inserts (such as Online Passes). These games are used, however.

Good deals tend to go in and out of stock over the course of the day. If the game you want is out of stock (i.e., you can only "Keep" or "Rent" it but not "Buy" it) then keep checking every once in a while to see if it restocks.

NO NEW DEALS TODAY. MAY BE THE END OF DAILY DEALS FOR A WHILE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rhbergmann86']Ckc I hope you finally bought a copy of RE6. You were about a post away from receiving my copy....[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!!! I love gamefly, I love Leon!

[quote name='ckc4043']Yeah!!!! I love gamefly, I love Leon![/QUOTE]
Leon loves you too.
images

Fine, Capcom, fine! I'll buy your darn RE6 game for $10.
(
Or - more to the point - I'll buy GameFly's apparently unwanted RE6 copy.)

But Revelations better be amazing next week!

Yeah, I can't recommend Resident Evil 6 even if it's free--hell, even if they pay you to play it. A person's time is worth more than that. That game is objectively flawed in a myriad of ways. If you enjoy RE6, you have a high tolerance for crap, or are just not very critical.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, I can't recommend Resident Evil 6 even if it's free--hell, even if they pay you to play it. A person's time is worth more than that. That game is objectively flawed in a myriad of ways. If you enjoy RE6, you have a high tolerance for crap, or are just not very critical.[/QUOTE]

I get the feeling that when it comes to the RE series, I'm not very critical. People bashed the hell out of RE5 and RE:ORC while I was busy putting in my share of hours (which probably equated to days) into each one. I just enjoy most things about this series so for $10, I had to jump on it.

Glad they restocked them because I missed it the first time. Thanks for sharing and updating the OP guys.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']People just cant accept change in any game.[/QUOTE]

It really has nothing to do with that. That would be a fanboy's reason for disliking something. It's fine to like 'bad' things. I like many a thing that is objectively bad, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'll admit that it's objectively bad or lacking, though. RE6 is a mess, and it just bothers me to see people defending it. Like it, enjoy it, have a ball with it, just don't try and say it's anything other than a mess.

[quote name='Zaku77']It really has nothing to do with that. That would be a fanboy's reason for disliking something. It's fine to like 'bad' things. I like many a thing that is objectively bad, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'll admit that it's objectively bad or lacking, though. RE6 is a mess, and it just bothers me to see people defending it. Like it, enjoy it, have a ball with it, just don't try and say it's anything other than a mess.[/QUOTE]

The same thing was said about RE:ORC. That game was great. Adapt or dont play it.

[quote name='Zaku77']It really has nothing to do with that. That would be a fanboy's reason for disliking something. It's fine to like 'bad' things. I like many a thing that is objectively bad, and I'm perfectly okay with that. I'll admit that it's objectively bad or lacking, though. RE6 is a mess, and it just bothers me to see people defending it. Like it, enjoy it, have a ball with it, just don't try and say it's anything other than a mess.[/QUOTE]

Except the game isn't a complete and utter crap of a mess like you make it out to be... it's one thing if you dislike it, but you are blowing it out of proportion by saying it's not worth playing even if someone paid you to play it. Talk about exaggeration.

For $10 it's a great and fun experience, especially online. Although with Revelations coming out for consoles soon, puritists might want to wait for that instead.

A messy, crappy, waste of time game would be games like.. Mindjack, Kane & Lynch 1 & 2, etc. Why? Because you can't actually -play- those games without experiencing frustration. Full of glitches, dumb AI, terribly controls, etc.

Well, having played most co op games, there are definitely a lot of games that ranks below RE6, like Haze, Aliens: CM, Dungeon Siege III (because of the camera), LoTR: WitN (because of the game breaking bug that hinders you from progressing the story), K&A 2 (because of the difficulty, playing on easy is okay).

speaking of game breaking bugs i played all through dead island riptide and it wasn't too buggy other than losing 2 of my favorite weapons. compared to ac3 liberation on vita where i got stuck in the loading screen glitch and had to start my whole game over. booo

[quote name='eXiON']Except the game isn't a complete and utter crap of a mess like you make it out to be... it's one thing if you dislike it, but you are blowing it out of proportion by saying it's not worth playing even if someone paid you to play it. Talk about exaggeration.

For $10 it's a great and fun experience, especially online. Although with Revelations coming out for consoles soon, puritists might want to wait for that instead.

A messy, crappy, waste of time game would be games like.. Mindjack, Kane & Lynch 1 & 2, etc. Why? Because you can't actually -play- those games without experiencing frustration. Full of glitches, dumb AI, terribly controls, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

Great price for Resident Evil 6. Even though $10 was my price point, I'm going to have to pass. Can't keep on buying games and allowing the backlog to grow.

But I'd be lying if I said some of these Gamefly sales aren't hard to pass on.

For everything it does right, it does a minimum of two things wrong. It has zero design direction, and I could go on (and have, can't be bothered to do it again). It is functionally playable, with no bugs--to my knowledge--that break it. If that is your criteria for not being a mess, then no, it is not. It is, however, a terrible game. If you enjoyed it, that's awesome. I never want someone to waste time on something, after all. But it's just downright silly to defend the game. Don't any of you care about your credibility? A person that defends a mess like that (Note: I said defends, not enjoys. Like what you want, just call a spade a spade) has a very suspect opinion. =P

Also, I wasn't intending to exaggerate with the not playing it even if paid to. My free time is precious, and that is far more valuable than any dollar price on a game. If you look at it from that angle, the cost is completely irrelevant. Maybe some of you have more free time. In that case, I am jealous, and more power to you... lol

[quote name='Zaku77']

My FREE time is precious, and that is far more valuable than any dollar price on a game. [/QUOTE]

lol. Just funny cause of the wording

I understand that some people enjoyed RE6. But I found it to be very bad. I thought it was extremely poorly paced. I was not happy that it was far more of a 3rd person action game than a 3rd person horror/survival games, and even for a 3rd person action game I found it very mediocre. I didn't feel like the cover system worked very well and to me it felt like I was just being ushered into one set-piece after another, which I didn't enjoy at all. (I'm specifically talking about the Chris campaign here).

I'm glad people enjoyed it, but I honestly would not play it again if it was given to me for free. If someone paid me $25 to beat it, I'd probably play it though.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yeah, I can't recommend Resident Evil 6 even if it's free--hell, even if they pay you to play it. A person's time is worth more than that. That game is objectively flawed in a myriad of ways. If you enjoy RE6, you have a high tolerance for crap, or are just not very critical.[/QUOTE]
Did you play the game? If so did you finish it?

I've been hovering over RE6 on Gamefly for a few days, about to pay $15 for it. This is perfect timing though!

It's about worth $10, I'd say.

You guys who say you wouldn't play Resident Evil 6 even if it was free are crazy. Yeah, it's easily one of the worst Resident Evil titles in recent memory - dwarfed only by Operation Raccoon City - but it's still pretty fun if you play with a partner. It's like Domino's compared to gourmet pizza if you compare it to its predecessors. And if you're talking solely about the game mechanics, it plays better than Deadly Premonition or last-gen's Cold Fear, both of which were received well.

[quote name='TooPoor']Leon loves you too.
images
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man! Leon is my favorite character in RE series once I p!ayed RE2 in ps1

Is the original Assassin's Creed included with the purchase of Revelations on the PS3? On the boxart it does show it, but wondering if anyone can confirm.

For you guys opinions, is re6 or RE:ORC better?

Also, is RE6 dlc worth to buy in PS3?

Resident Evil® 6 Mode Bundle Pack $10
This bundle pack will add all of the extra content modes to Resident Evil 6 - Siege, Onslaught, Survivors, and Predator.

Resident Evil® 6 Stage Map Bundle $5

By the way, I want to pre order RE:RElevation. Is it worthy to buy this game immediately?

Resident Evil 6 is better.

Try the demo. If you like it and have a 3DS, it's around $15 there.

No, don't buy the DLC unless you really like Mercenaries. Why don't you try the game first before you decide on its DLC? Please play the game lots and refrain from posting here again until you are done with the game.

[quote name='whitereflection']Resident Evil 6 is better.

Try the demo. If you like it and have a 3DS, it's around $15 there.

No, don't buy the DLC unless you really like Mercenaries. Why don't you try the game first before you decide on its DLC? Please play the game lots and refrain from posting here again until you are done with the game.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry..whitereflection. I understand now. I should play the game first. I just watch the gameplay in Youtube. It seems exciting in predator and survival mode.

[quote name='ckc4043']I am sorry..whitereflection. I understand now. I should play the game first. I just watch the gameplay in Youtube. It seems exciting in predator and survival mode.[/QUOTE]Don't buy the DLC, on PC you can't even play them because the servers are always not working and it shows nobody online. From what I looked up previously the same issues were on consoles.

Is $17 a good price for Uncharted used? Does that require a pass or anything? I just got a 3D TV so I'd like to play some 3D games. Heard good things about Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3.

Or should I wait for a GF sale on those?

[quote name='themaster20000']Gamefly usually has both for sale during one of their big sales.Only Uncharted 3 has a online pass[/QUOTE]

alright thank you

[quote name='cobaltD']Is the original Assassin's Creed included with the purchase of Revelations on the PS3? On the boxart it does show it, but wondering if anyone can confirm.[/QUOTE]

The first run of the PS3 version had the original AC on the disc. So it depends on whether or not Gamefly bought their stock right when the game came out (they should have, but it's possible they've replenished later on and you might get stuck with a non-firstrun copy.)

My guess is you'll probably get a version with AC1 on it, but there's no way to know for sure.

[quote name='integralsmatic']RE 6 OOS for both systems...gotta stop coming late to these parties lol.[/QUOTE]

i think re6 for the ps3 only had the keep option all day or had a really small stock but 360 was available. i was going to buy it but i decided not to since i still need to play 1-3 and never finished CV and my already large backlog so hopefully they can announce some sort of "complete edition" by the time im finished with the rest of RE.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Don't buy the DLC, on PC you can't even play them because the servers are always not working and it shows nobody online. From what I looked up previously the same issues were on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your remind. I will consider before I buy it.

[quote name='ckc4043']For you guys opinions, is re6 or RE:ORC better?

Also, is RE6 dlc worth to buy in PS3?

Resident Evil® 6 Mode Bundle Pack $10
This bundle pack will add all of the extra content modes to Resident Evil 6 - Siege, Onslaught, Survivors, and Predator.

Resident Evil® 6 Stage Map Bundle $5

By the way, I want to pre order RE:RElevation. Is it worthy to buy this game immediately?[/QUOTE]

I bought both when the put those bundles up (WAsn't going to pay whatever steep price it was before) and I think I got my moneys worth. The modes are relatively fun, if shortlived, entertainment, especially if you have a friend or two to play with.

There are also trophies tied to them if that's your thing at all.

Also, I can't speak for the PC version which I hear is buggy but the PS3 version is fine server wise. There have always been at least 6-8 games active when I go on, and I can get into them just fine.

Then again, I'm much too forgiving to the RE franchise. Hell, I'm almost done platinuming ORC! WHY DO I DO THESE THINGS??

I couldn't resist RE6 on PS3 for $10, despite all the negative comments on CAG and elsewhere. I'm too much of a completionist to pass up a numbered entry in one of my favorite video game series! :)

I cancelled my RE6 order after I saw the campaign takes over 22 hours to finish. It's one thing to push through a mediocre game that's under 10 hours. 22 hours is a whole other beast. I'll save my $10 and put it towards Far Cry 3 next week.

[quote name='Sonne']I cancelled my RE6 order after I saw the campaign takes over 22 hours to finish. It's one thing to push through a mediocre game that's under 10 hours. 22 hours is a whole other beast. I'll save my $10 and put it towards Far Cry 3 next week.[/QUOTE]

Especially when only one campaign (arguably two) are worth playing through.

[quote name='Sonne']I cancelled my RE6 order after I saw the campaign takes over 22 hours to finish. It's one thing to push through a mediocre game that's under 10 hours. 22 hours is a whole other beast. I'll save my $10 and put it towards Far Cry 3 next week.[/QUOTE]

That's why I stopped after Chapter 3 in Chris' campaign. I just wasn't going to keep pushing through. I'm so glad I started with Leon's. I never got to Jake's.

I should've had this mentality with RE4 lol bought it for $10 to relive the good times but its just not as fun after you've played RE6. Trying to push through 4 is just ruining my memories of it.

RE4 was great for its time but RE6 is just a much better game at this point.

[quote name='proKoyeon']not sure why RE6 gets so much hate...played the game coop and had a blast[/QUOTE]

Agree. I enjoyed RE5 as well as RE6. It's really down to people who like horror genre like Dead Space vs. action genre like Uncharted. Perhaps Capcom should just split Resident Evil series into two genres.

bread's done
Back