GameFly DotD: Game of Thrones $10, Asura's Wrath $15 and More

[quote name='slamoco']Interesting discussion on "collecting". I have a friend that picks out a 5-6 games a year and plays ONLY those games. I like to try most everything that comes out because I can appreciate new ideas in art, direction, music, etc. in triple A games like Gears of War or turds like (apparently) Game of Thrones is. I might beat 5-6 games a year but I definitely try around a 100 or so (a guess) a year and buy them when they are $10 or less, most of the times WAY after they have come out or when Gamefly has a good sale and I need to scratch my collecting itch. My backlog is well into the 1000's, if you include last generations, as I still play on older consoles (I don't just abandon them. They stay in rotation depending on what I feel like playing). I justify all these purchases because I do get enjoyment out of them from the moment I pick them up until the time I "finish" playing them (might be 10 minutes or 60 hours). And I don't spend my money daily on crap like fast food, junk food, or cable, so I have the $5 dollars a day or so to throw at my habit. I would rather buy and play a great game like Tomb Raider for the PS1 for a dollar than slowly kill myself with a cheeseburger.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this guy. I feel the same. Most of pay less than 20 for about 90%that of what we own i bet. I know i have a backlogs but i like being able to play whatever i am in the mood for. Example had fight night round 3 sitting on my shelf for a year or two. Two nights ago decided i was in the mood and started playing it. When you have a massive collection you can enjoy any type of game you want without having to go track it down.

Another posititive to having a large collection, besides being able to play whatever you want whenever you want is sharing it with friends.

My only rule is that it cannot be a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon. I have sent games in the mail to friends all over the country because they do not want to buy it since they don't keep their games after they finish them, all I ask is they take good care of them and pay the shipping both ways. I also let local friends borrow them.

So I see it as a way of helping others as well.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I understand collecting like sports cards but not something that can be used/played that you dont even use/play.

"one day, some of you will realize your hobby was not videogaming but organizing game cases on shelves and looking at them."

that quote is the truth, just buy cases and print art then lol[/QUOTE]

you're just trolling at this point. first of all, people eventually get around to playing some of them. they just have too many to ever get to all of them, but it's easy to get backlogged in gaming even if you aren't a collector (i know, i'm there).

Plus your statement doesn't make any sense. You 'understand' and abide by collecting things that can never be used for anything... yet have an issue with collecting stuff that might be used eventually? What? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

People collect plenty of stuff that is never used, or barely used, that is still in working condition:

Stamps. Guns. Vintage cars. Old cameras. Old sewing machines. Old anything, really. Even swatches. Ebay makes billions off people collecting things they'll never use.

I don't like collecting because I don't like having 'stuff'. It makes me feel claustrophobic. But I understand the urge, certainly. And 'usability' plays little part in it.

There are plenty of games I own that I wanted to play, but now have better things to play. Will I ever randomly play them? Probably not. But all the same, the completionist in me at least wants to give them a chance before I sell them. So they sit on the shelf till I get the urge to purge.

[quote name='affa']you're just trolling at this point. first of all, people eventually get around to playing some of them. they just have too many to ever get to all of them, but it's easy to get backlogged in gaming even if you aren't a collector (i know, i'm there).

Plus your statement doesn't make any sense. You 'understand' and abide by collecting things that can never be used for anything... yet have an issue with collecting stuff that might be used eventually? What? That doesn't make a lick of sense.

People collect plenty of stuff that is never used, or barely used, that is still in working condition:

Stamps. Guns. Vintage cars. Old cameras. Old sewing machines. Old anything, really. Even swatches. Ebay makes billions off people collecting things they'll never use.

I don't like collecting because I don't like having 'stuff'. It makes me feel claustrophobic. But I understand the urge, certainly. And 'usability' plays little part in it.

There are plenty of games I own that I wanted to play, but now have better things to play. Will I ever randomly play them? Probably not. But all the same, the completionist in me at least wants to give them a chance before I sell them. So they sit on the shelf till I get the urge to purge.[/QUOTE]

and as they sit their trade in values plummit. :p

Thats why I try to only buy games I know I want to keep.

[quote name='affa']

[/QUOTE]

Wtf can sports cards be used for besides trading and collecting?(rhetorical)so of course I understand that. They arent pokemon cards where they can be played with as an activity.

"Oh I might use it eventually" that's not a collector mindstate.

Unless you are someone who is deliberately a videogame collector, you are just someone who fits the description of that post from earlier.

i have a whole gameshelf full of ps2/gamecube games that are in my 'backlog' i swore i would play them all. now 5 years later i have a shelf full of ps3 games that i swear i will play.

at least trophies give me an incentive to play these games and not just collect them, but still... it is such an addicting habit, and CAG is the enabler. i love it so

[quote name='Megaman016']I justify my game purchases as" I buy them when they are cheap and at least i'm not paying $60 per game" that works for most ppl[/QUOTE]

First I just bought games I wanted, then I moved to buying them because they're cheap, but now I'm back at I'd rather pay $60 for a game I really want then buy 6 $10 games I don't really care about.

The circle of life :p

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']and as they sit their trade in values plummit. :p

Thats why I try to only buy games I know I want to keep.[/QUOTE]

Trade values mean nothing to me anymore since I only buy games that are $10 or less. Got tired years ago of Gamestop paying pennies on the dollar for stuff anyways, so I just stopped caring about the "urgency" to play something and trade it in before I lost too much money. And as far as only buying games I want to keep, that is my "problem" as well......I want to keep EVERYTHING, lol! I am working on it however......my wife "helped" me cope with getting rid of a couple of Dreamcasts recently by convincing me that I only needed 5 of the 10 I owned because what would be the possibilities that all of them would die at once? We reasoned that I would be safe at 5. Baby steps. :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Another posititive to having a large collection, besides being able to play whatever you want whenever you want is sharing it with friends.[/QUOTE]

My problem is actually having too many choices. There are times I end up not playing anything as I can't decide what to play.

To be more on topic, does anyone know when the sale ends? I don't see it listed in the OP.

[quote name='whoknows']First I just bought games I wanted, then I moved to buying them because they're cheap, but now I'm back at I'd rather pay $60 for a game I really want then buy 6 $10 games I don't really care about.

The circle of life :p[/QUOTE]

Those two things are totally different.

Game of Thrones is horrible sad to say and I love the books was hoping it would be interesting addition to the lore but instead it makes no sense at all in the context of anything and the game-play is very boring

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I want asuras wrath but 10 is my buy it price.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. Mainly because it's incomplete, gotta buy all that DLC too. >_>

I didn't want to buy Game of Thrones until I looked in here and people were getting upset that it was out of stock. I happened to be browsing as it came back in stock so I bought one. Damn you CAG and your peer pressure.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I didn't want to buy Game of Thrones until I looked in here and people were getting upset that it was out of stock. I happened to be browsing as it came back in stock so I bought one. Damn you CAG and your peer pressure.[/QUOTE]

It's a decent game, but only if you're a fan of the series. I recently completed it and actually found it enjoyable, but it's far from a great game and fell quite short of what it should have been. If you can overlook it's faults, then there's a decent experience to be had, especially story-wise.

[quote name='skyzen']FYI, Game of Thrones PS3 was back in stock. Was able to order 1 today.[/QUOTE]
Wow, sold out as I was checking out. Guess I'll wait for the 360 version. @_@

Is Dead Island worth the buy?

For 10 bucks more I can buy the GOTY with all the DLC as a brand new copy...but I wanted to hear how it was first.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Another posititive to having a large collection, besides being able to play whatever you want whenever you want is sharing it with friends.

My only rule is that it cannot be a game I am currently playing or plan to play soon. I have sent games in the mail to friends all over the country because they do not want to buy it since they don't keep their games after they finish them, all I ask is they take good care of them and pay the shipping both ways. I also let local friends borrow them.

So I see it as a way of helping others as well.[/QUOTE]Whatever helps you sleep at night ;-)

Seriously though, I have a backlog that I will never, ever come close to finishing due to being married w/ kids. Thanks to this site and members I paid very little out of pocket for said backlog. As long as the collection doesn't hurt anyone who cares how big it gets.

About how long does it take order to ship? Ordered GoT on Saturday, got the confirmation for the order, but no shipping notification. I guess probably because yesterday was a Sunday.

Okay cool thanks. Was just wondering because I saw some people who also ordered Saturday saying their game had shipped. Probably just ordered it before me since I had to wait until the second batch of games to get my order in.

[quote name='Tonious']Game of thrones back in stock! Hurry before it's gone![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get Asura's Wrath, as that was in stock too! I looked at the gameplay for Game of Thrones and decided against picking it up. I'd rather spend that $10 on DLC for Asura.

Anyone play GoT though? Any idea how it is? I'm loving the show right now! (I recently just started watching it.)

EDIT: I just checked and it seems that all of the games are back in stock with free shipping!

[quote name='themidgardknight']Thanks for the heads up! I was able to get Asura's Wrath, as that was in stock too! I looked at the gameplay for Game of Thrones and decided against picking it up. I'd rather spend that $10 on DLC for Asura.

Anyone play GoT though? Any idea how it is? I'm loving the show right now! (I recently just started watching it.)

EDIT: I just checked and it seems that all of the games are back in stock with free shipping![/QUOTE]
The story is pretty good, gameplay is lacking though (mostly the combat IMO). Can't really go wrong at this price.

[quote name='Tonious']Game of thrones back in stock! Hurry before it's gone![/QUOTE]

Asura too. THANKS my orders were canceled due to my Billing info not being updated

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Grabbed GOT for $10. That's usually my "okay, I'll get it" price...[/QUOTE]

Same. It is hard to say no at that price.

Thanks! Grabbed one. Worst case scenario, I'll just trade it in for more than I paid for it. :p

[quote name='dominator']Crap, I just checked CAG for the first time in like 2 weeks. lol Not a great idea. I may get Syndicate and GoT.[/QUOTE]

I know, I leave for vacation on friday, I shouldn't be here. xD

Another win for GF. Received my order this morning when I ordered at midnight Friday and everything came in immaculate condition. Crazy how it came fro TX in a day and a half when I normally get stuff from the Pittsburgh center.

[quote name='jkam']After the awful condition my Ninja Gaiden 3 came in, can't say I'd buy from gamefly again.[/QUOTE]

Did they ship it with dip or salsa ?

Tell us a little bit more about the conditions. That would be helpful. Thanks.

[quote name='jkam']After the awful condition my Ninja Gaiden 3 came in, can't say I'd buy from gamefly again.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Asura's Wrath is tempting, that was my trigger price but I'm still hesitating due to backlog...

Nothing was wrong with the condition of NG3 the game is just naturally that bad.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I would comfortably say maybe.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']I would certainly say possibly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chunlirocks']Did they ship it with dip or salsa ?[/QUOTE]

I would hungrily say queso dip.

bread's done
Back