GameFly DotD: Game of Thrones $10, Asura's Wrath $15 and More

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No problem, I mainly dislike when people consider video games just for kids because it's a "game".[/QUOTE]

I hate it when my wife wants to "RP" and I get all excited, dim the lights, turn on some mood music, then bust out a JRPG just to find out she wants to have SEX...

Game of Thrones is a great OLD SCHOOL RPG. Highly suggested if you like the show, books, or love RPGs with 90s era mechanics and feel.

[quote name='Velo214']damn just noticed this thread. thats what i get for taking days off work. oh wellz[/QUOTE]

I don't think you missed the sale because I'm still seeing sale prices...well, at least on Syndicate and Asura's Wrath. I almost bit but I'm betting these games will drop some more for Black Friday and the X-mas sale. I got Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 to keep me busy till then. :cool:

[quote name='kleant24']Are you able to trade in the same game twice ? Or maybe at different stores, I know you guys hate flippers and all but i'm in a terrible situation. My parents don't want me spending my money on videogames so I thought with GOT I might be able to score a free game. At best buy btw.[/QUOTE]

Yes. We do hate flippers. I do at least.

Pretty good conversation about backlogs, as someone with a backlog in the high 100s, I know I shouldn't buy as much as I do. But like someone said, if I didn't spend it on games, I'd spend it on something else. Everyone has to have a hobby, mine is just to buy and play games. And thanks to this site, I can easily afford any game I want.

I also kind of get tired of the comments directed towards us with backlogs still buying games. Nobody in this thread was that bad, but there are definitely some people on CAG who come off as elitist pricks, and I just want to tell them to mind their own business!

That being said, I was able to show restraint today and pass on all 3 games I'm interested in (Asura, GoT, and Armored Core)

I Got nothing so far from this sale. The amount of games with DLC (all of which I have not touched) says I can wait or just skip a mediocre RPG despite the price. Everything else I will dare argue can and WILL go cheaper in coming months in which case it'll grow in appreciation by sitting on my shelves.

[quote name='Pounce!']Am I alone that there will be complete editions of Saints 3 and Asura later on? That's why I hesitate to buy now while I have a massive backlog too.[/QUOTE]

I was going to wait myself then Xbox Live had all the individual DLC on sale and later on the entire Season Pass on sale. I found a Collector's Edtion of :360: Saints Row the Third on clearance at Best Buy for $50 so I made my own complete edition.

Booo, missed out on Game of Thrones. It's supposed to absolute bottom of the barrel garbage from what I hear but I just can't pass up anything GoT for that price.

GoT (and all of these games) will be had at similar prices again in the near future. I decided to wait until my budget has a little more surplus than it does now to snag either GoT or Asura's Wrath. I am in the same boat as most..I enjoy GoT too much to not snag this game at some point.

[quote name='Bosamba']I was going to wait myself then Xbox Live had all the individual DLC on sale and later on the entire Season Pass on sale. I found a Collector's Edtion of :360: Saints Row the Third on clearance at Best Buy for $50 so I made my own complete edition.[/QUOTE]
Collectors edition doesn't come with all the dlc expansions so your edition is not complete unless you bought the season pass

yea i lied earlier in this thread, I had a change of heart and picked up GoT for 360 last night.

I had a chance to watch a few more videos of it and it seemed to grow on me. The combat doesn't look as awful as I initially though and the few cutscenes I saw, I was completely consumed with the story.

Damn, been waiting for GoT 360 forever. Now looks like it's sold out. :( Hope that all the people who bought it weren't just flipping.

Wish I had seen this last night, would have waited up for it. Hope BB has a sale with a coupon at some point, or it goes back on Gamefly sale after this DotD.

Tempted for Asura's, but not entirely sure about it. Unlikely to get a GotY with the DLC, I guess, so perhaps I should hop on it before it sells out. I would get Skyward Sword, but I don't have Motion+.

GoT back in stock, added to cart, refreshed, sorry GoT has been removed from your cart. UGH ... quit taking shit out of my cart Gamefly! At least Amazon locks you in for ~10m on their deals.

[quote name='shadowkast']Collectors edition doesn't come with all the dlc expansions so your edition is not complete unless you bought the season pass[/QUOTE]

They also said that when XBL had a sale on all the DLC and the season pass they bought it.....

[quote name='Saix_XIII']They also said that when XBL had a sale on all the DLC and the season pass they bought it.....[/QUOTE]

Elaborate. I'm just confused on what your saying. I'm just an idiot or something

[quote name='shadowkast']Elaborate. I'm just confused on what your saying. I'm just an idiot or something[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bosamba']I was going to wait myself then Xbox Live had all the individual DLC on sale and later on the entire Season Pass on sale. I found a Collector's Edtion of :360: Saints Row the Third on clearance at Best Buy for $50 so I made my own complete edition.[/QUOTE]

So he did buy the season pass and SR3CE, aka his own Complete collection. All DLC and all bonuses for around $60-70 (forget how much the pass was on sale for but I think it was $10).

Ended up grabbing a copy of Asura's Wraith, even though I probably shouldn't have with Borderlands 2 and all the games coming out next 2 months. Just couldn't pass it up that cheaply.

Had to bite on AW. If its as good as people say, I'll bite at $15 for a short game. Don't have time to sink into em anymore anyway.

You got to be kidding...The same day this was posted I sent Asura's Wrath back because the keep it option was still at $25...

Talk about bad timing, oh well...still buying it, amazing game.

Don't know if anyone caught his but they actually allow 10 copies per system for these games instead of the usual 2 which is most likely the reason game of thrones sold out fast despite its bad press so jump on them if you have the slightest interest in them before the hoarders hoard.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']*Cry....*

Not a fan of Game of Thrones and I do want Asura's Wrath....But I have so many games to play thanks to Borderlands 2 and RE6 and a 400 game PS3/360/Vita backlog.....[/QUOTE]

.....four...hundred...game backlog.....?!?!?!:hot:

[quote name='Gkage'].....four...hundred...game backlog.....?!?!?!:hot:[/QUOTE]

I am including PSN/XBLA/PS3/360/Vita in that but I have around 526 games and I have beaten approx 200 of those games. So I was incorrect in my numbers, it is 326 game backlog.

Picked up two SSX PS3 for my brother and myself.

My backlog is around 20 games and I feel sick just having that because I feel like I'm wasting money.

I had a backlog of around 200 games not that long ago. It was too depressing so I traded in like 80 games to Amazon and bought a 3DTV . Now Im chillin:cool:. I figure if I haven't played it in months and don't intend to play it any time soon I might as well trade it, the internet is a huge marketplace and you may find it again for cheaper than what you traded it for. I always wonder what my game collection would look like if I never traded a game in in my life.

[quote name='boopman69']I had a backlog of around 200 games not that long ago. It was too depressing so I traded in like 80 games to Amazon and bought a 3DTV . Now Im chillin:cool:. I figure if I haven't played it in months and don't intend to play it any time soon I might as well trade it, the internet is a huge marketplace and you may find it again for cheaper than what you traded it for. I always wonder what my game collection would look like if I never traded a game in in my life.[/QUOTE]

This is basically what I do every time a new system comes out. Sell everything I never played on the last gen system to buy the next gen.

Super tempted to get Zelda but I have a feeling it will drop to 17.99 or lower. >_< Ugh, must resist urge to purchase...

Mmm Asura sold out. Actually good with everything coming up plus the backlog, but dang 326 games in the backlog is a ton 0_o . Hopefully it will hit the $10 tag

[quote name='Docsamson']This is basically what I do every time a new system comes out. Sell everything I never played on the last gen system to buy the next gen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that when the 360 came out, its nice to be able to upgrade hardware and still get decent trade -ins for the old stuff.:applause:

i forced myself to wait until AW sold out. I want it, even though I'm not sure I'll like it... but 9.99 is the price I want for a game I'll probably never play. Sad. But true.

My backlog's probably only 40 or so physical, but... digital? Man, 200 or so? Easy.

Sometimes I spend a day just playing all the ones i think are going to be junk (RE: operation racoon city comes to mind), hating them, and putting them up on Amazon. Still hard to clear it all out.

[quote name='kouleefoh']one day, some of you will realize your hobby was not videogaming but organizing game cases on shelves and looking at them.[/QUOTE]
All in all time and money well spent.

[quote name='kouleefoh']one day, some of you will realize your hobby was not videogaming but organizing game cases on shelves and looking at them.[/QUOTE]

Lmao, this man speaks the truth.

well, i mean collecting is collecting, isn't it? i don't consider myself a collector, though... i sell as soon as i'm done with a game. but most people collect something. my vice with games is that i want to try most of them, so when they're cheap...

[quote name='affa']well, i mean collecting is collecting, isn't it? i don't consider myself a collector, though... i sell as soon as i'm done with a game. but most people collect something. my vice with games is that i want to try most of them, so when they're cheap...[/QUOTE]

I justify my game purchases as" I buy them when they are cheap and at least i'm not paying $60 per game" that works for most ppl

I understand collecting like sports cards but not something that can be used/played that you dont even use/play.

"one day, some of you will realize your hobby was not videogaming but organizing game cases on shelves and looking at them."

that quote is the truth, just buy cases and print art then lol

[quote name='affa']well, i mean collecting is collecting, isn't it? i don't consider myself a collector, though... i sell as soon as i'm done with a game. but most people collect something. my vice with games is that i want to try most of them, so when they're cheap...[/QUOTE]

Interesting discussion on "collecting". I have a friend that picks out a 5-6 games a year and plays ONLY those games. I like to try most everything that comes out because I can appreciate new ideas in art, direction, music, etc. in triple A games like Gears of War or turds like (apparently) Game of Thrones is. I might beat 5-6 games a year but I definitely try around a 100 or so (a guess) a year and buy them when they are $10 or less, most of the times WAY after they have come out or when Gamefly has a good sale and I need to scratch my collecting itch. My backlog is well into the 1000's, if you include last generations, as I still play on older consoles (I don't just abandon them. They stay in rotation depending on what I feel like playing). I justify all these purchases because I do get enjoyment out of them from the moment I pick them up until the time I "finish" playing them (might be 10 minutes or 60 hours). And I don't spend my money daily on crap like fast food, junk food, or cable, so I have the $5 dollars a day or so to throw at my habit. I would rather buy and play a great game like Tomb Raider for the PS1 for a dollar than slowly kill myself with a cheeseburger.

bread's done
Back