GameFly DotD: Game of Thrones $10, Asura's Wrath $15 and More

[quote name='ckc4043']Game of throne ,if it is chipped, does bestbuy accept it?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the how big the chip is and the employee you get.

Some might be a hardass and deny it even for the tiniest of chips, others will accept it as long as it looks playable.

Asura Wrath should be $9.99 then I'll bite, $15 doesn't cut these days....I heard you gotta pay $10 more or something to get the true ending. Typical capcom tactics....

Thanks. Passed on SR3 last time (had ordered it from AWD). Long story short, My SR3 copy was stolen from my apartment doorstep while I was away. Got a refund from amazon and paid $10 less. Karma.

Now to find time to play it.

Thanks for the heads up! Picked up Armored Core V. I already own GoT and I had rented and beat Asuras Wrath (fun game but no desire to play it again).

[quote name='mousebites']good flip for games of throne in for one copy of games of throne to flip to best buy. 24 dollar credit for 10 bucks not bad[/QUOTE]

Hasn't BB has been quicker on Gamefly sales lately? Not sure if it's worth the risk.

I had bought :360: Game of Thrones when it was a DOTD @Best Buy for $20. If you do like the game and want to find some guides, the only one I could find was the official print one from Prima.
Edit: In for :360: Game of Thrones. Going to trade in the copy I have now and get $24 in credit. If the Gamefly copy I receive doesn't play, it's not a big deal. I'm sure I'll be able to find the game as cheap if not cheaper since it get mediocre critic reviews and didn't sell that well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Game of Thrones during the Best Buy $20 sale. I generally could care less about graphics but the visuals in this game are just terrible. There is a dungeon level where everything is the shade of dark green and you can't see shit.

Solid story though. Fans of ASOIF should consider.

[quote name='henry00x']unsure if i should also bite on Asura or wait for $10 price point[/QUOTE]

if you have a backlog just wait for gamefly's holiday sales later this year. very likely these prices will drop a bit more.

[quote name='CaoPi']Asura Wrath should be $9.99 then I'll bite, $15 doesn't cut these days....I heard you gotta pay $10 more or something to get the true ending. Typical capcom tactics....[/QUOTE]

THIS. in for SSX. i hope sonic generations comes back.

remember that ET atari 2600 game? maybe it was another system...idk, anyway that game, the one they buried the mess of unsold copies they had because they couldn't sell them? that game is better than game of thrones... that game is so horrid it doesn't do the series justice... If the series was a pile of shit, then yes..

these are some of the best deals (comprehensively; including the end of month sales, etc.) that i've seen from gameflly in a while (showing some love to :360:, :ps3:, and :wii: AND on a friday....that dog will hunt!). thanks op!

SSX and Asura's Wrath ordered and will soon be added to my massive pile of games I'll never get around to playing.

Am I alone that there will be complete editions of Saints 3 and Asura later on? That's why I hesitate to buy now while I have a massive backlog too.

[quote name='Pojo']You will never play those games.

My advice? Only buy a game you will immediately (as in, drop what you are doing and play now) play. These $10 games add up.[/QUOTE]

i need to follow this advice, im trying to rush through my backlog right now...makin good progress but still seems neverending especially when u have a lot of rpgs to deal with.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am at over 1400 when I take every system into account, but I decided to ignore everything before this gen...

I still don't think I'll enjoy GoT...by Asura's I am pretty sure I will. Ugh if it was $10 this would be easier.[/QUOTE]

So you guys just collect games for fun? like baseball cards? Cuz don't say you will ever play them all. Seems like the biggest waste....but to each his own.

Been waiting for Asura's Wrath to show up! Got a PS3 copy, also picked up GoT because I'd like to see if it is as bad as everyone says.

Thanks Cheapy.

[quote name='KrisMKX']So you guys just collect games for fun? like baseball cards? Cuz don't say you will ever play them all. Seems like the biggest waste....but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

For some us i am pretty sure we collect games. I know i do i buy them when they hit cheap but i enjoy it. I figured if i didnt buy them i would waste it on beer or something else. I do drink just not a lot. Like you said i guess everyone has some hobby for our money

[quote name='KrisMKX']So you guys just collect games for fun? like baseball cards? Cuz don't say you will ever play them all. Seems like the biggest waste....but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

A waste...in the eyes of some sure. But many things in this life are a waste. Collecting or doing anything for fun is technically a waste when the time can be spent helping others.

This site was built on something that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Cars, stamps, cards, movies, music, games, art, postcards, books, action figures, etc etc etc. Those are some of the things people collect.

I enjoy games not because they are games, but because I am passionate about the industry itself. I am one of those people who dislikes games being called games because to me they are more than just something to play with. The amount of time and energy, let alone cost these days, that go into making a video game is staggering. More often then not it costs as much money to make a game than a movie (if not more) and it takes far longer to make a big budget game than a live action movie.

Motion capture, sound recording, concept art, full orchestra for soundtracks, on location scouting, scripts, etc etc. All of those things require a ton of work behind the scenes all so we can hopefully get some enjoyment for a few hours.

But I have gone on long enough.

TLDR, I have an issue with buying games I intend to play because they interest me and my interest outweighs my free time.

[quote name='Pounce!']Am I alone that there will be complete editions of Saints 3 and Asura later on? That's why I hesitate to buy now while I have a massive backlog too.[/QUOTE]

Saints row possibly will have one but even though it is Capcom, Asura's wrath did not sell well enough to warrant another print.

Are you able to trade in the same game twice ? Or maybe at different stores, I know you guys hate flippers and all but i'm in a terrible situation. My parents don't want me spending my money on videogames so I thought with GOT I might be able to score a free game. At best buy btw.

[quote name='Pounce!']Am I alone that there will be complete editions of Saints 3 and Asura later on? That's why I hesitate to buy now while I have a massive backlog too.[/QUOTE]

Saints Row will most likely get one.

As for Asura, if you bought it now with all the DLC, it would come out to $30.

Even if they did a GOTY edition, it would most likely be $30 to $40 MRSP. Doesn't seem like it's worth to it to wait around for something that might not happen when you can blow through the game in a weekend and resell it now.

Saints Row will most likely get one.

As for Asura, if you bought it now with all the DLC, it would come out to $30.

Even if they did a GOTY edition, it would most likely be $30 to $40 MRSP.

I was going to buy GoT on both systems to trade to BBY, but the :360: version went out of stock just before I placed my order. Oh well--$10 -> $24 is still nice. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']I was going to buy GoT on both systems to trade to BBY, but the :360: version went out of stock just before I placed my order. Oh well--$10 -> $24 is still nice. :)[/QUOTE]

That definitely explains why it disappeared so quickly.

In other news, Asura's Wrath is $20 new at Amazon, I can wait for that one.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']A waste...in the eyes of some sure. But many things in this life are a waste. Collecting or doing anything for fun is technically a waste when the time can be spent helping others.

This site was built on something that is unimportant in the grand scheme of things.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. And very well put. I (literally) shake my head when folks carry on about what is/is not a 'deal'. The great fact is that someone (a fellow CAG), thought enough to take the time to post something he/she thought might benefit someone else and so on/so forth, to have folks actually condemn them for a 'meh' deal. So, in a way, (I guess in it's own 'little' way) I have always looked at CAG as a community for people/gamers/etc. to help one another (if it's finding 'cheap ass games' (or what someone may think is a 'cheap ass game' and/or good deal); folks that bicker over this stuff baffle me. This site (literally) saved my life (believe it or not...seriously) when I stumbled upon it about three years ago, I won't go any further re: the how's and why's but trust me, it did (and not because I found 'cheap ass' video games).

Thanks for the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got GOT, omg I am so excited! I have a couple hundred ps3 games on my backlog but I putting this one on the top of the list!

I really do love shitty games, and I hear this game is the shittiest!

Thanks OP

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']I couldn't agree with you more. And very well put. I (literally) shake my head when folks carry on about what is/is not a 'deal'. The great fact is that someone (a fellow CAG), thought enough to take the time to post something he/she thought might benefit someone else and so on/so forth, to have folks actually condemn them for a 'meh' deal. So, in a way, (I guess in it's own 'little' way) I have always looked at CAG as a community for people/gamers/etc. to help one another (if it's finding 'cheap ass games' (or what someone may think is a 'cheap ass game' and/or good deal); folks that bicker over this stuff baffle me. This site (literally) saved my life (believe it or not...seriously) when I stumbled upon it about three years ago, I won't go any further re: the how's and why's but trust me, it did (and not because I found 'cheap ass' video games).

Thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I mainly dislike when people consider video games just for kids because it's a "game".

bread's done
Back