GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='victimsofadown']Before I jump can someone confirm that this version of DR2 is not included in the new DR2 game coming out? Basically confirming that the new one is a new game, not the old game + additional content? Couldn't find the answer on google[/QUOTE]

Aside from being Frank West, new psycho's and quests and a different storyline, it's the same game with one new area and photography. No mention of any inclusion of the previous game, but Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3 includes the original game so who knows.

i just shit my pants when i saw Singularity for $8 i jumped on that. toss another game on the backlog fire and add some Tabasco to that.

Picked up DeadRising2.

Bought it because Frank West is being included in UMVC3. I know that he isn't the main protagonist of the second game, but I want to see the type of game hes from since I have never played either game.

[quote name='Arkalivan']Aside from being Frank West, new psycho's and quests and a different storyline, it's the same game with one new area and photography. No mention of any inclusion of the previous game, but Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3 includes the original game so who knows.[/QUOTE]

This is Capcom and this is $40 MSRP. Theres no way DR2 will be included especially with the game coming out so soon.

Man I loved to bite on Singularity and Dead Rising 2, but money is way too tight right now. Told myself only getting GoW 3, Batman: AC, and Zelda:Skyward Sword and playing those to death for the rest of the year. Besides I'm sure every person in here has a backlog that embarrasses them and is only growing. I hide all my games in the closet so guests don't see a stack laying out on the coffee table.

Bah, so tempted by DA2, if it had been 9.99 I prolly wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought..but I'm trying to keep from re-buying games lately, with all the new stuff coming out before the end of hte year that I plan to get. My backlog just won't allow for it right now.

[quote name='elkanich']Nothing tonight - hopefully we get a deal on Alice[/QUOTE]

Oh man I hear ya, I want that game so bad, the first one was amazing:drool:

Singularity definitely has a Bioshock vibe, but there's something you need to know.

A little Caveat Emptor: Singularity utilizes only one save. It has autosaves structured in such a way, the game saves and there's no going back. If you miss a cutscene, an audiolog, a collectable towards your achievements, you cannot go back. You will have to start allllllllllll the way back to the beginning of the game. Online multiplayer is non-existent. No New Game +.

Is anybody else having trouble ordering these games on Gamefly I try 2 order DR2 and Sing but for some reason it wont go tho I'll try text support tomorrow:roll:

Guess it's time to finally grab Dragon Age II, loved Origins so I'm prepared to have my heart broken by this mess. At least EA/Bioware won't get any of my money and I have a decent shot at getting a working online pass.

[quote name='Arkalivan']Aside from being Frank West, new psycho's and quests and a different storyline, it's the same game with one new area and photography. No mention of any inclusion of the previous game, but Assassin's Creed Revelations for PS3 includes the original game so who knows.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is can you choose to be Frank west (new game) or to be Chuck (old game) or is it like an expansion pack w/o the OG content?

[quote name='victimsofadown']What I mean is can you choose to be Frank west (new game) or to be Chuck (old game) or is it like an expansion pack w/o the OG content?[/QUOTE]

The game is just about Frank West. Nothing else. So yeah basically it's like an expansion since you'll be revisiting some of the same locations as DR2 and characters. Though the game now FINALLY has a checkpoint based save system as opposed to having to go to the bathrooms to save content.

Oh great, my first ever issue with buying a game from GF. Bulletstorm (PS3) came with this thick line across the back of the disc. I'm not sure if the integrity of the game will be affected, but I'm always paranoid when discs aren't scratch-free.

[quote name='bardockkun']The game is just about Frank West. Nothing else. So yeah basically it's like an expansion since you'll be revisiting some of the same locations as DR2 and characters. Though the game now FINALLY has a checkpoint based save system as opposed to having to go to the bathrooms to save content.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Pulled the trigger :bouncy:

[quote name='buster90']Anyone know when these sales are finally going to be over? I am getting mighty broke lately.[/QUOTE]

cheapy said these will be it for this week

If they were offering Signature Edition copies of DA2, I'd bite, but otherwise I'll wait for the "ultimate edition" w/e it comes out.

I own everything else on the list, so I guess my wallet is safe today!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']If they were offering Signature Edition copies of DA2, I'd bite, but otherwise I'll wait for the "ultimate edition" w/e it comes out.

I own everything else on the list, so I guess my wallet is safe today![/QUOTE]

Why would they rent out the signature edition of DA2?

[quote name='urallgyots']DA2 is boring as shit. I stopped playing DR2 after the police officer shot the asian reporter in the face.[/QUOTE]

That's why they have spoiler tags broseph ... I'm glad I've already beaten this game so it didn't get ruined by you.

Singularity is a nobrainer for anyone at that price. Online wont give you much in terms of a community anymore, but the single player experience is easily worth your time.

I hated DR2. Just Could not get into it.

Debating on DA2... I know I'll put it at the end of the backlog because I didnt love the first, but I'd still like it in my collection.

Next week Crysis and Mass Effect 2? (please?)

Has anyone not received their Bulletstorm (360) from last week yet? The status for my copy said shipped on Sept. 24th but I still haven't received it. Does gamefly deliver to the door or do they just leave the games in the mailbox???

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']If they were offering Signature Edition copies of DA2, I'd bite, but otherwise I'll wait for the "ultimate edition" w/e it comes out.

I own everything else on the list, so I guess my wallet is safe today![/QUOTE]

Well from what I understand all pre-order copies of Dragon Age II were the Signature Edition so depending on when Gamefly bought them you might get that version.

Sold out of DR2 it looks like. I had just added it to my cart and it was removed. Sold out of Singularity for PS3, too. The only two I was in for. :p

after plat'ing Dead Island, I don't think i can go back to Dead Rising 2. I originally was planning on rebuying it someday... but yea. At least i won't need to deal with the load times. (it's a fun enough game... just... yea, I don't think i could go back anymore).

And... I'd have thought i'd jump on Dragon Age II... but the little time i spent with it before selling it has left a bad taste in my mouth (and i spent a huge amount of time on the first one).

Which is all for the best, since i spent a small fortune on these nightly deals over the past week.

[quote name='samaside']Sold out of DR2 it looks like. I had just added it to my cart and it was removed. Sold out of Singularity for PS3, too. The only two I was in for. :p[/QUOTE]

They may come back! Dead Space came back this afternoon and I grabbed it!

I'm going to keep the windows open and refresh them occasionally. Gives me something else to do than focus on my civ. pro. outline. Here's to hoping!

[quote name='samaside']I'm going to keep the windows open and refresh them occasionally. Gives me something else to do than focus on my civ. pro. outline. Here's to hoping![/QUOTE]

If your first year, unless your near the top of your class, focus on school, moron. A med school graduate is a doctor. A law school graduate without a bar card is a starbucks barista.

[quote name='rajESP']Has anyone not received their Bulletstorm (360) from last week yet? The status for my copy said shipped on Sept. 24th but I still haven't received it. Does gamefly deliver to the door or do they just leave the games in the mailbox???[/QUOTE]

Shipped sept 23 not yet received bulletstorm. I know there is another person in the same boat. It gets delivered by your usps mail person.

[quote name='iwannadie']Why would they rent out the signature edition of DA2?[/QUOTE]

I have my fingers crossed that it will be the signature edition. This was a free upgrade available for preordering. Since Gamefly gets games right away and given their consitancy in selling the limited editions of games (Battlefield BC2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, etc), I think there might be a chance of this. I loved DA:O, mostly for the story and characters. I logged about 100 hours and completed every quest and then read both of the novels. I was so excited for DA II and was all set to preorder...until I played the demo. I hated the new art style and wasn't a big fan of the new combat system either. At this price I'll deal with it though. Even better if it actually is the signature edition.

[quote name='Narok']Well from what I understand all pre-order copies of Dragon Age II were the Signature Edition so depending on when Gamefly bought them you might get that version.[/QUOTE]

Signature Editions were bought if you pre-ordered before a certain date in January, a few months before the game was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back