GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

PancakesAreLove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $15 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 10/22.\

Update: look for out-of-stock items to return Saturday and Monday.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:ps3:
Rage $7.99
X-men Destiny $8.99
Uncharted 3 $9.99
SSX $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Heavy Fire Afghanistan $9.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $9.99
Spiderman Edge of Time $9.99
NHL 12 $9.99
WWE 12 $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
L.A. Noire $9.99
Resistance 3 $12.99
Ratchet and Clank All for One $12.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2k12 $12.99
The Adventures of Tintin $12.99
Blades of Time $12.99
Batman Arkham City $14.99
Battlefield 3 $14.99
Alice Madness Returns $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
God of War Origins Collection $14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99

:360:
L.A. Noire $7.99
Crysis 2 $7.99
Rage $7.99
SSX $9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
Gears of War 3 $9.99
Prototype $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3 $9.99
Soul Caliber V $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
Darkness II $9.99
Fifa Street $12.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $12.99
Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2K12 $12.99
Dance Central 2 $12.99
Kinect Disneyland Adventures $12.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $12.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $14.99
Jurassic Park: The Game $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MachineElf']Can someone tell me if Witcher 2 is good for someone like me who does not enjoy the non-combat aspects of rpg? For instance Mass Effect games are ok but Fallout is torture for me (Skyrim had it's moments but over all I like something that moves at a faster pace). I do enjoy a good story, graphics, and combat but if I have to spend 6 hours building up my arm strength or some bullshit I am not interested.[/QUOTE]

Witcher 2 is GOTY for 2011. Its a must buy for sure.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Condition is usually good, except the PS3 games will come chipped, lol.[/QUOTE]

my ps3 games pretty much all come pristine. and i've ordered a ton.

[quote name='TheCro']WWE 12 PS3 is back in stock. Decided to check randomly before I went to sleep.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this. Happy to finally pick up this game.

[quote name='davidflecha17']Well that sucks! I put Uncharted 3 in my cart thinking that I can buy it later then I came home to find out that it sold out. I guess they don't care if it is in your cart, they just give it to someone else.[/QUOTE]

lol you new to online shopping?

[quote name='kidrocklive']Will Max Payne 3 go lower?

Survey says.....[/QUOTE]

I'd wait. It will be $14.99 next sale and $12.99 the sale after that most likely.

Ow I know some people that would love this deal! I'm not much of a gamer but I see some stuff u can't pass up!Thank OP!

Sorry if this has been answered before but how do you buy used without renting? The sale price is next to "keep" which doesn't do anything if you haven't rented. Help?

[quote name='ghostman123']Sorry if this has been answered before but how do you buy used without renting? The sale price is next to "keep" which doesn't do anything if you haven't rented. Help?[/QUOTE]

if it just says "keep/rent" it means its out of stock to buy...

it will have a red "buy" button if it is stock...

Am I the only one who got on Heavy Fire: Afghanistan? I'm quite confidant it will not be a very good game, but an on-rails 5 hour platinum trophy sounded too good to pass up. Also jumped on Uncharted 3 as soon as I saw the sale and got a email saying it was shipped less than an hour later. Good stuff.

[quote name='diablodeltoro']if it just says "keep/rent" it means its out of stock to buy...

it will have a red "buy" button if it is stock...[/QUOTE]

Also, if only a higher price is listed, then it's available new but not used

SI

Does anyone know if Gamefly ships Platinum hits versions of 360 games? I want to pick up Prototype, but I don't want the Platinum hits version.

[quote name='reko8']Does anyone know if Gamefly ships Platinum hits versions of 360 games? I want to pick up Prototype, but I don't want the Platinum hits version.[/QUOTE]

Why?

[quote name='reko8']Does anyone know if Gamefly ships Platinum hits versions of 360 games? I want to pick up Prototype, but I don't want the Platinum hits version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='oregonjon']Why?[/QUOTE]

Some have OCD when it comes to cover art.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Some have OCD when it comes to cover art.[/QUOTE]

I think the artwork looks ugly and want the cases and sleeves to be all uniform. Calling it OCD is a bit much, though.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']i think the artwork looks ugly and want the cases and sleeves to be all uniform. Calling it ocd is a bit much, though.[/quote]

+1

Man, I have a huge backlog on fighting games already, and GGAC+ is coming to XBLA in a week. I may have to pass on SCV.

I can say SFxT is "worth it" at this budget bin price, especially if you have friends to enjoy the game with. The fighting seems to be all about smart tagging. Online isn't dead yet, but probably isn't going anywhere but downhill from here out.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Some have OCD when it comes to cover art.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='apollosrequiem']I think the artwork looks ugly and want the cases and sleeves to be all uniform. Calling it OCD is a bit much, though.[/QUOTE]

I think it's an OCD tendency, but obviously not a sign of full-blown Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I prefer to have nice cases for all my games, but won't hesitate to get a generic case for a better price, since the game is what matters. I'm actually more OCD about the order of games on my shelves, it bugs me when I have a game out of alphabetically order.

To answer the actual question, generally Gamefly gets games right away when they are new, so they don't get Platinum Hits versions of the game. But with Prototype being such an old game, they might have restocked if they experienced an increase in requests for the game, and therefore it is possible that Prototype might be Platinum Hits. I ordered it, I can report back if I got a platinum hits version if you would like, if I get it in time.

My order of ME3 and Gears 3 havent shipped yet. I ordered really early on, a few hours after this deal was posted.

I have the mass effect trilogy now, but have only played the first.
I also have the gears trilogy now. Playing through the second right now, I like it a lot better than the first one, hoping gears 3 is more like gears 2 than one.

And, curse you gamefly. I guess $20 wasnt enough of my money? I just bought Batman Arkham City. I loved the first one and have been waiting for a deal, thought Id wait for it to hit $10, but I actually dont recall arkham asylum ever hitting $10 so I jumped on it. And Ill get the batwoman DLC free.

[quote name='Artrigis']My order of ME3 and Gears 3 havent shipped yet. I ordered really early on, a few hours after this deal was posted.

I have the mass effect trilogy now, but have only played the first.
I also have the gears trilogy now. Playing through the second right now, I like it a lot better than the first one, hoping gears 3 is more like gears 2 than one.

And, curse you gamefly. I guess $20 wasnt enough of my money? I just bought Batman Arkham City. I loved the first one and have been waiting for a deal, thought Id wait for it to hit $10, but I actually dont recall arkham asylum ever hitting $10 so I jumped on it. And Ill get the batwoman DLC free.[/QUOTE]
Catwoman not batwoman :)
Maybe you will get the Robin DLC? Or was that BBY exclusive? Last time for the $10 AC crazed I could not for the love of science find one with Robin DLC.

Tempted to go back and get the SSX and Spiderman game for $10 but don't need two more games I won't get around to until 2013.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I think it's an OCD tendency, but obviously not a sign of full-blown Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I prefer to have nice cases for all my games, but won't hesitate to get a generic case for a better price, since the game is what matters. I'm actually more OCD about the order of games on my shelves, it bugs me when I have a game out of alphabetically order.

To answer the actual question, generally Gamefly gets games right away when they are new, so they don't get Platinum Hits versions of the game. But with Prototype being such an old game, they might have restocked if they experienced an increase in requests for the game, and therefore it is possible that Prototype might be Platinum Hits. I ordered it, I can report back if I got a platinum hits version if you would like, if I get it in time.[/QUOTE]

I don't have full blown OCD, but when it comes to my game collection, I don't really like the Platinum hits etc. because the cases/sleeves make the artwork look terrible. Everything that's included with the game doesn't have to be perfect. I just hate that look of a Platinum hits game next to non-Platinum hits games.

You don't have to report in if it's Platinum Hits, but thanks for the offer. The deal will most likely be over by then. It's just a risk I'll have to take.

[quote name='affa']weird. mods deleted my op and replaced it. oh well, this is a better one anyway. just never saw that before.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy mentioned that he may or may not have accidentally deleted it here. Usually he just edits the OP with all the links so CAG can get the referral credit, he probably just clicked the wrong thing and deleted your post on accident.

Anyways, I remember it was you who originally posted, and very much appreciated, I got everything I wanted.

[quote name='Artrigis']

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I thought Gears 3 was the best of the three. It seemed to have a better mix of environments and options. Gears 1 was good, but a bit stiff, 2 improved on that, and three improved on it more. Needless to say, if you liked the first two, you should like the third.

[quote name='odd mr t']Personally, I thought Gears 3 was the best of the three. It seemed to have a better mix of environments and options. Gears 1 was good, but a bit stiff, 2 improved on that, and three improved on it more. Needless to say, if you liked the first two, you should like the third.[/QUOTE]

I had some major Gears fatigue playing the first few hours of the third game. Luckily, as the story picked up, I was able to shake it off. Parts of the style choice get old after a while, but it's still a solid series. Gears 3 is no slouch.

Any idea of if some of these titles will come back in stock? Really like to pick up L.A. Noire but its out of stock.....

[quote name='odd mr t']Personally, I thought Gears 3 was the best of the three. It seemed to have a better mix of environments and options. Gears 1 was good, but a bit stiff, 2 improved on that, and three improved on it more. Needless to say, if you liked the first two, you should like the third.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Such a great deal, AAA game for $10

Im new to these gamefly sales, picked up AC Revelations about a month back for $10. Seems like gamefly pretty reliably puts good titles at $15 and less.

I ended up buying Max Payne 3 and Batman Arkham City. This should be my last purchases I make till Black Friday.

[quote name='Artrigis'] Seems like gamefly pretty reliably puts good titles at $15 and less.[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year. GF sales reliably rock. Let's hope they never change unless that means even lower prices.

Gamefly used sales are the best. They come in like new condition and come with online codes. Prices are insane, can't ask for anything better. Got Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 :).

arent chipped discs still useable? based on the price you know youre buying used so more than likely some wont get a perfect,, mint condition disc.

im tempted to get mlb 12 at $20, since more than likely it wont drop a couple bucks lower until a couple more months december/january...so i'll get to play it earlier. might get nba 2k12 ps3/ssx ps3 if they go back in stock

ive never played the mass effect series but seems very time consuming, tempted to get ME3 since ive heard good reviews.

gamefly is clearing their inventory for newer versions of games and expected influx of more games in holiday season. turning old games into profit smart move by them. i havent bought a full price game in years. unless i really want a game i'll wait for the $30-40 price point on recently released games when amazon has their sales or i'll wait till gamefly monthly sales

[quote name='rly723']arent chipped discs still useable? based on the price you know youre buying used so more than likely some wont get a perfect,, mint condition disc.

im tempted to get mlb 12 at $20, since more than likely it wont drop a couple bucks lower until a couple more months december/january...so i'll get to play it earlier. might get nba 2k12 ps3/ssx ps3 if they go back in stock

ive never played the mass effect series but seems very time consuming, tempted to get ME3 since ive heard good reviews.

gamefly is clearing their inventory for newer versions of games and expected influx of more games in holiday season. turning old games into profit smart move by them. i havent bought a full price game in years. unless i really want a game i'll wait for the $30-40 price point on recently released games when amazon has their sales or i'll wait till gamefly monthly sales[/QUOTE]

Same. I have over 40 360 games, my most expensive purchase was Fallout NV at $20, and now arkham city at $15. No sports games to exaggerate the numbers either.

But yardsailing recently I found MW2 and 2x ps3 controllers. Bought for $8 total. Traded in towards a preorder of black ops 2.. my first ever pre order and full priced game Ive bought since I was like 10. (but with my trade in its not really full price for me)

[quote name='ckc4043']Anyone who ordered armer core 5 and ridge racer for ps3 yesterday got shipped? I am so afraid gamefly will cancel my order...[/QUOTE]

My :ps3: AC5 shipped out earlier today. I'd wait another day or so before getting worried.

bread's done
Back