GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Waffled for a bit over AvP and FFXII, but there's already alot of stuff coming up here (plus DR2 this week) , one's apparently too mediocre and the other's too time consuming to bother with atm. I did pick up AC2 though so I can now sell off my formerly game-less collector's edition.

Thinking about Assassin's Creed 2. I've never played either AC, but I've heard pretty good things about the 2nd one. Hmmm...

Even though my backlog is mounding, I'm in for MAG. They're adding a huge update very soon right? How's the curve for those just jumping in?

Dante's Inferno is totally worth the $15. It's not an amazing game, but overall I had an really enjoyable time with it. Bought it w/o FS at the last Gamefly used sale :bomb:

Borrowed a friends copy of Xbox 360 FF13, I bought one anyways, never got info FF but graphics and characters are cool and are in my books for a game worth keeping

Darksiders for $12.99 is an absolute steal. If you don't buy it at that price you're crazy. Regardless amazing list of deals here. I could easily spend $100+ on this list if I wasn't moving this month.

In for Alpha Protocol (360), Prince of Persia (360), Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360), and Dante's Inferno: Divine Edition (PS3). Great sale. Thanks for the post, OP. ^^

In for Dante's Inferno PS3. After reading this thread, I have interest in Darksiders, but trying to keep the backlog at 12 games or less so I will hold off on that one for now.

[quote name='xdgen84']Even though my backlog is mounding, I'm in for MAG. They're adding a huge update very soon right? How's the curve for those just jumping in?[/QUOTE]

The curve is pretty heavy. This isn't CoD or Battlefield. The game, though, only allows you into the harder matchmaking modes as you've played the previous games. You start playing simple 32 player (?) Deathmatch and then it starts putting you into more and more complex modes. I'd say the majority of the CoD crowd never makes it to the 256 player mode, well alone the 128 player mode. An amazingly fulfilling game, but BE SURE YOU HAVE A MIC!

Glad this goes until the 4th. If they are still in stock on the first, I'm picking up No More Heroes 2, Alpha Protocol, and Episodes of Liberty City.

[quote name='GamingGator']In for Dante's Inferno PS3. After reading this thread, I have interest in Darksiders, but trying to keep the backlog at 12 games or less so I will hold off on that one for now.[/QUOTE]
Grab the demo for Darksiders. It didn't click w/ me, and I'm a huge Zelda fan.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anyone have thoughts on MAG? The reviews I have read make it sound like a very frustrating game.[/QUOTE]
You have both Battlefields:BCs in your XBox Gamercard. You'd ease into it OK. Just be patient when you find it's locking you to low player matches for awhile; you'll need the time to adjust. Also expect to die a LOT when you first start. This is another beast, but super awesome.

[quote name='emperordahc']Grab the demo for Darksiders. It didn't click w/ me, and I'm a huge Zelda fan.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hated the demo for Darksiders and it put me off on buying the game. Borrowed the game earlier this month and actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

In for Darksiders (360), XII (PS3), Bioshock 2 (360), Dantes inferno (PS3) and infamous. I really need to stop checking CAG, my backlog is out of control.

I would buy ALL of these but sadly... I have every single title on this sale except for Need for Speed Shift, and Forgotten Sands. The question is will these go any lower or are they worth it in that price in your opinions? I liked the first PoP ( Got Platinum Trophy ) but lean more towards Burnout Paradise-esque/Blur-esque racing games...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BloodiedWraith']I absolutely hated the demo for Darksiders and it put me off on buying the game. Borrowed the game earlier this month and actually enjoyed it quite a lot.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, the demo really does the game an injustice.

[quote name='Guagloves']Sin & Punishment for $20?! Hot damn.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And here I almost bit on it for $33 shipped from PC Richard.

I'm debating picking up Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing and Sin & Punishment Star Successor. Total for me would be $35 shipped.

Out of curiosity, what are the odds I'll get the Club Nintendo PIN with S&P 2? It's not going to be a dealbreaker if I didn't but would almost certainly make me get it if it was included.

Phew. This saves me from having to mix-and-match over at the GoHastings sale.

In for :360: Darksiders, Alpha Protocol, Dante's Inferno, and for the heck of it, Dark Void.

On the fence for :ps3: MAG, though - will probably wait to see if the 2.0 Move update is any good.

Good lord. I really want Alpha Protocol and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands really bad. At that price, they are hard to pass up. BUT, since I'm not only have car issues with 1 car, BUT TWO CARS, I will have to pass :(.

Maybe next month I can get them and they will be even cheaper.

Arrgh! Borderlands is on sale for 360 only!?! I've been holding on to my ps3 rental copy anticipating a sale. Damn you Gamefly!

[quote name='Kylearan']Phew. This saves me from having to mix-and-match over at the GoHastings sale.

In for :360: Darksiders, Alpha Protocol, Dante's Inferno, and for the heck of it, Dark Void.

On the fence for :ps3: MAG, though - will probably wait to see if the 2.0 Move update is any good.[/QUOTE]

Just go for it, the update will be good!

[quote name='RobotSimp']Does the PS3 Dantes Divine edition ship with all the extra stuff?[/QUOTE]

All gamefly sales come with whatever was in the original box. Everything inside remained untouched except for the disc. Also most of the PS3 Dante's Inferno stuff is on the disc except the dlc code which will be in the case.

[quote name='jughead']Already gotten R&C:CIT and Darksiders and I kinda want to get Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Add MAG and NMH2: DS to that list. I really hope my girlfriend doesn't find out.

Ahh... what the heck. Put in an order for Sin & Punishment. I wanted the game, but don't need another game now. Still, this is probably as good as it's going to get, right? Right?? :)

In for Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands for $7.99 after Gamefly coupon. The discussion here led me over the top that it was a no brainer.

Wow, people are getting this excited over used prices that in most cases barely beat (or not at all) what they've been new lately? ME2 and GoWIII are the only two I'd even qualify as deals here.

:360:
Bayonetta $17.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $14.99
Brutal Legend $12.99
Red Faction Guerrilla $16.99

Also worth looking at

MAG is worth it. I bought it full price at launch and don't regret it. People give it a lot of flack because it isn't strictly team deathmatch. You can make most of your points through objectives. Really good squad based game, especially if you have a clan.

I actually need to play this some more. Especially with the new patch coming out.

These deals are ok I guess. I mean the thing that really puts them over the edge is the quality of the games. The ones I've gotten in the past have basically been in mint like-new condition.

HOWEVER
, some of those games can just be had for about the same price at GS if you use the CAG16 code and your edge card...that's 26% off and free shipping with SAVER for all orders over $25.

Basically what I'm saying is, make sure to check back and forth on each page for the best deal.

Lots of really good deals here, but I have a huge backlog and will just wait until they go down in price. Picked up Sin and Punishment though. Have a feeling this game will either get real cheap or real hard to find in the future, so might as well pick it up now at a good price and not risk it.

Jumped on Darksiders -- always on the fence for this one, but at $12.99, couldn't pass it up. Especially after Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2 from Gamefly came in such great condition.

Loving these end of month deals.

bread's done
Back