GameFly September 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 9/17.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Wipeout 2 $7.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:360: Just Dance 3 $9.99
:360: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99
:360: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:360: Rage $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: Sonic Generations $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
:360: Capcom Digital Collection $12.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:360: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $12.99
:360: L.A. Noire $12.99
:360: Rayman Origins $12.99
:360: Silent Hill HD Collection $12.99
:360: UFC Trainer $12.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $12.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $14.99
:360: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:360: Ninja Gaiden 3 $14.99
:360: Saints Row: The Third $19.99

:ps3: Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $7.99
:ps3: Syndicate $7.99
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $9.99
:ps3: Sonic Generations $9.99
:ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:ps3: Disney Universe $12.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $12.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:ps3: Twisted Metal $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza Dead Souls $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $14.99
:ps3: Dead Island $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:ps3: Armored Core V $19.99
:ps3: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $19.99

:wii: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 $7.99
:wii: JAWS: Ultimate Predator $7.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids $7.99
:wii: Puss in Boots $7.99
:wii: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $7.99
:wii: Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It $7.99
:wii: Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL $9.99
:wii: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:wii: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 $12.99
:wii: Power Rangers Samurai $12.99
:wii: Rayman Origins $12.99
:wii: Disney Universe $12.99
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever $14.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $14.99
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $14.99
:wii: Fortune Street $17.99
:wii: Just Dance 3 $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
damn i missed out on yakuza, just found out about the sale

debating Ridge Racer and NG3 but i feel like they will drop to $10 in a couple months

anyone recommend UFC Trainer?

I'd probably grab Syndicate if my last few Gamefly experiences weren't chipped up discs (even got a cracked one). I expect I'll eventually see a similar deal for new, anyway.

Picked up a copy of Syndicate. Excited to see how this compares to the original. If there is a persuadertron then I'm sold.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I'd probably grab Syndicate if my last few Gamefly experiences weren't chipped up discs (even got a cracked one). I expect I'll eventually see a similar deal for new, anyway.[/QUOTE]

I received a cracked disc too. I have ordered about 15 games from Gamefly and only 1 has been damaged. I submitted an RMA and received a refund within 24 hours.

I grabbed Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary. Yeah! But I've got Borderlands 2 coming next week, so, um, not really sure why I went and did that. LOL.

Grabbed a copy of Sonic Generations for 360 -- been waiting for it to hit $10 or less! Was kinda hoping Goldeneye Reloaded went back to $12.99 with free shipping... but oh well! Thanks OP!

Thanks OP, got the email after I placed my order, picked up:
Halo Anniversary
Saints Row the Third (to complete my platinum edition again)
Mass Effect 2 (to play modded saves)
Deus Ex (hopefully get a 2nd playthrough)

All on the Xbox 360

I find it easier to play used games instead of breaking the seal. I end up flipping new games :( I need help

[quote name='cjenvy']is gears 3 worth it at 15 or is it safe to expect a 10 dollar bf deal on it[/QUOTE]

Yes it's pretty darn fun. This is CAG, so of course it will eventually be $10.

Finally... after eyeing Best Buy's $10 PC copy of LOTR: War in the North for months, it hits 9.99 on 360.

Thanks a lot OP.

Also bit on Sonic Generations, haven't seen a Sonic game get this much universal goodwill in a while. End of the Sonic cycle?

EDIT: [quote name='209chromatic']Does halo come with slipcover?[/QUOTE]

I've gotten slipcases from Gamefly before. Can't say for Halo specifically, I think it was DX: HR or some other game, but I definitely got a slipcase-- they usually get games on release and don't toss any packaging, so I would imagine so.

Got Silent Hill HD and Sonic Generations. Biggest complaint I hear about Silent Hill for 360 is mostly graphical and texture issues with things like areas with fog that should have MORE fog and cut scenes showing up all wonky. I Think I can deal.

I haven't played the single player but Syndicate online is baaadddddd I'm warning you guys! Try not to join a syndicate because the game tends to freeze more when your in a syndicate playing online CO-OP! The problems and glitches never got patched....

[quote name='david12795']hmm to get sonic generations or not....unless some other retail beats 9.99[/QUOTE]

Sonic Gen for $10 is a freaking steal. Great game, go for it!

FINALLY SYNDICATE IS MINE I've been wanting to get it on the cheap since I played the demo alot....thank youuuuu Gamefly and CAG!

ahhh, to buy ORC or not.. ? Wish they would've updated the PS3 price earlier, so that I could've bought it together with Dead Souls.

[quote name='kouleefoh']ahhh, to buy ORC or not.. ? Wish they would've updated the PS3 price earlier, so that I could've bought it together with Dead Souls.[/QUOTE]
Unless you have friends and both you and them have a high tolerance for rushed gameplay mechanics, then no. You should not get it. There are worse games out there, yes, but there are also much better games out there that do multiplayer team based 3rd person shooter better. Don't be fooled by the Resident Evil name.

[quote name='bardockkun']Unless you have friends and both you and them have a high tolerance for rushed gameplay mechanics, then no. You should not get it. There are worse games out there, yes, but there are also much better games out there that do multiplayer team based 3rd person shooter better. Don't be fooled by the Resident Evil name.[/QUOTE]
What do u mean by rushed gameplay mechanics? I'm being fooled by the $8.99 price tag actually :lol:

[quote name='wpress']FINALLY SYNDICATE IS MINE I've been wanting to get it on the cheap since I played the demo alot....thank youuuuu Gamefly and CAG![/QUOTE]

PS3 or xbox ?

Need a coop for ps3 when it arrives

[quote name='kouleefoh']What do u mean by rushed gameplay mechanics? I'm being fooled by the $8.99 price tag actually :lol:[/QUOTE]
There are so many minor problems that just add up to an annoying experience overall. Bullet sponge enemies (it should not be easier to take down human mercs then zombies), the awkward "automatic" cover system, one person in your team dies then you have to restart from checkpoint, the fact some of the player classes are more useless then others, useless melee and cheap enemies. Things that could've been fixed, but instead all added together make for an unfun experience. Plus I'm not even going to go and talk the single player buddy AI.

I Feel if this game were called anything else it would be panned and not given a second thought by anyone, but the fact "Resident Evil" is in the title has given this title more attention then it should ever deserve.

I was in the process of buying Syndicate for $15 when GameFly had it at that price some time ago, but when I checked out...someone else had beat me to it. I can say that I am glad it happened cause I was able to pick it up for an even lower price :D

[quote name='bardockkun']Got Silent Hill HD and Sonic Generations. Biggest complaint I hear about Silent Hill for 360 is mostly graphical and texture issues with things like areas with fog that should have MORE fog and cut scenes showing up all wonky. I Think I can deal.[/QUOTE]If you asked a fan of the original SH2 and SH3 who played SH HD what they thought, there would be bigger complaints than those--most notably in the sound department.

FWIW, Syndicate's online (at least on ps3) is pretty much dead. I REALLY enjoyed the co-op demo when it was available on PSN, and am a pretty big Starbreeze fan to boot. Picked up the game with a gift card a few months ago, and beat the SP in one 4hr sitting (too fucking short)! Was so disappointed, and then I tried to hit up the online and just couldn't find a game. I played Deus Ex HR shortly after and that game did pretty much everything better that I wanted Syndicate to do.

$7 is about how much I feel this is worth, and if you can get some friends to coordinate for co-op, then more power to you.

I'm a big fan of Syndicate but, yes, it's length is two or three evenings tops or one evening if you just spend the whole time playing. The ending is cool but the plot just doesn't back it up. I was able to get a co-op game or two going pretty easily on Xbox back at the MS sale for it but note that almost everyone playing is a LOT higher level than you and the power-ups from leveling in co-op are HUGE. The power-scale difference is just too large to ignore.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you asked a fan of the original SH2 and SH3 who played SH HD what they thought, there would be bigger complaints than those--most notably in the sound department.[/QUOTE]
SH2 gives the option to revert back to original dialogue soundtrack though, if I'm not mistaken. 3 I heard wasn't given that option, but I heard the new voice tracks in general are "manageable". At least those are what I remember when discussing audio department of the game.

[quote name='bardockkun']There are so many minor problems that just add up to an annoying experience overall. Bullet sponge enemies (it should not be easier to take down human mercs then zombies), the awkward "automatic" cover system, one person in your team dies then you have to restart from checkpoint, the fact some of the player classes are more useless then others, useless melee and cheap enemies. Things that could've been fixed, but instead all added together make for an unfun experience. Plus I'm not even going to go and talk the single player buddy AI.

I Feel if this game were called anything else it would be panned and not given a second thought by anyone, but the fact "Resident Evil" is in the title has given this title more attention then it should ever deserve.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Lickers.

They only have one attack.

And I hope you like waggling the stick, because that's all you do when you fight them.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Thanks, saved me $9 from not buying ORC.[/QUOTE]
No prob. I Just hate the question being constantly asked and the best response people usually give is "There's worse games out there." Just because one piece of shit smells worse then the other, doesn't change the fact it's still a piece of shit.

[quote name='RollingSkull']You forgot Lickers.

They only have one attack.

And I hope you like waggling the stick, because that's all you do when you fight them.[/QUOTE]
I Was debating on bringing that part up as well, but really the game as a whole comes down to just run the fuck away if you can so you don't have to deal with these annoying unfun fights. Worse $10 me and my friend have spent in a long while. Also the fact that if you don't have a rifle with a large clip of ammunition then the game just gets more frustrating when you have to stand and fight.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm a big fan of Syndicate but, yes, it's length is two or three evenings tops or one evening if you just spend the whole time playing. The ending is cool but the plot just doesn't back it up. I was able to get a co-op game or two going pretty easily on Xbox back at the MS sale for it but note that almost everyone playing is a LOT higher level than you and the power-ups from leveling in co-op are HUGE. The power-scale difference is just too large to ignore.[/QUOTE]

Guess I need to play my 360 copy and trade it in before TIV starts tanking even more I guess. I can bang it out in 2 nights.

bread's done
Back