GameFly September 2013 Used Game Sale (Ends 9/16) Borderlands 2 $10, Crysis 3 $13 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
4.jpg

GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Sale ends 9/16.

Xbox 360
Aliens: Colonial Marines $8.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Crysis 3 $12.99
Dead Island $9.99
DMC: Devil May Cry $12.99
Dishonored $12.99
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $8.99
Dragon's Dogma $12.99
Far Cry 3 $14.99
Gears of War: Judgment $14.99
Halo 4 $12.99
The Hip Hop Dance Experience $9.99
Hitman: Absolution $9.99
Just Dance 4 $9.99
Madden NFL 13 $9.99
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance $14.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $8.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters $8.99
Prototype 2 $17.99
Resident Evil 6 $8.99
Sniper Elite V2 $9.99
Tomb Raider $14.99
The Walking Dead $9.99
Wipeout 3 $9.99

PlayStation 3
The Amazing Spider-Man $12.99
Assassin's Creed III $9.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Borderlands 2 $9.99
Crysis 2 $9.99
Dead Island Riptide $12.99
Dead Space 3 $12.99
Dishonored $12.99
DMC: Devil May Cry $12.99
God of War: Ascension $17.99
Hitman: Absolution $9.99
LEGO Lord of the Rings $9.99
Little Big Planet Karting $12.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $12.99
Medal of Honor Warfighter $8.99
Madden NFL 13 $9.99
Max Payne 3 $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $14.99
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault $12.99
Resident Evil 6 $8.99
Little Big Planet Karting $12.99
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $12.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $12.99
Spec Ops: The Line $9.99
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception $12.99
XCOM: Enemy Unknown $12.99

Wii U
Call of Duty: Black Ops II $17.99

The Croods: Prehistoric Party! $9.99

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $14.99
Injustice: Gods Among Us $17.99
LEGO City Undercover $19.99
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate $19.99

Nintendo Land $17.99

Resident Evil Revelations $17.99

Rise of the Guardians $12.99

Scribblenauts Unlimited $14.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed $14.99

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct $14.99

ZombiU $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing a trend here with people receiving DmC, regardless of platforms, in a usually banged up state. That and taking a rather long time to arrive. That's what happened to my Xbox version... first gamefly game that I had doubts about working: scratched disc, no manual, damaged case, and took over a week to arrive. :(

My DmC arrived with a damaged case as well, just cracked on the inside a bit.  No manual either, though that's probably just how it comes.

The disc has a few chips and scratches, but it will probably be okay.  Scratched PS3 games really annoy me, you pretty much have to do it intentionally.

There was actually an old article floating arond that said that the chips were because of USPS' handling of the packages. GameFly used to use cardboard mailers to protect the discs in rentals but they stopped that long ago and just ship the discs in paper sleeves.
I heard many times the resurface repair machine does it. Netflix and gf use all the time. I doubt the companies blame it on there end bad biz practice.

Here are some pictures of Borderlands 2 I just received from the Pittsburgh distribution center this weekend.  There were 4 games in that package, all had on average 7-10 chips on the edges, but none were as bad as Borderlands 2, which has 2 huge chips that were in the data portion.  Resident Evil 6 has a crack in the middle of the disc. 

As I have stated here for the past 3 years, I don't mind the chips at all as long as the discs work since I don't trade my games or sell them back to others or game shops.  But for those who do, they should be aware of these things.

I, too, read those articles back in 2010 when there were numerous complaints about Gamefly selling chipped discs, and only 1 article did state that the fault lies with USPS.  However, USPS quickly dismissed and said that the fault lies with the way the Gamefly distribution centers handle these discs, which people tend to agree with since none of the Netflix discs had any chips on them.

Here are some pictures of the chips on the Borderlands 2 (PS3) discs taken today.  They actually are a lot worse in person, but I just couldn't capture them with camera.  All were taken using Macro.  Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23092]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23093]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23094]

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard many times the resurface repair machine does it. Netflix and gf use all the time. I doubt the companies blame it on there end bad biz practice.
The article said that USPS had special handling for Netflix discs but would not do it for Gamefly because they use less volume. I'll Google it one day and try to pull it up. Their resurfacing machine could not be responsible for it because I do not know of any disc resurfacing machines that chip discs on the corners and it happens on PS3 discs which are not resurfaced 99% of the time.

GameFly said they are sending me a manual and replacement case. Guess two manuals of DMC doesn't hurt lol.

I bet the replacement case will get smashed by usps again derp

Here are some pictures of Borderlands 2 I just received from the Pittsburgh distribution center this weekend. There were 4 games in that package, all had on average 7-10 chips on the edges, but none were as bad as Borderlands 2, which has 2 huge chips that were in the data portion. Resident Evil 6 has a crack in the middle of the disc.

As I have stated here for the past 3 years, I don't mind the chips at all as long as the discs work since I don't trade my games or sell them back to others or game shops. But for those who do, they should be aware of these things.

I, too, read those articles back in 2010 when there were numerous complaints about Gamefly selling chipped discs, and only 1 article did state that the fault lies with USPS. However, USPS quickly dismissed and said that the fault lies with the way the Gamefly distribution centers handle these discs, which people tend to agree with since none of the Netflix discs had any chips on them.

Here are some pictures of the chips on the Borderlands 2 (PS3) discs taken today. They actually are a lot worse in person, but I just couldn't capture them with camera. All were taken using Macro. Just click on the pictures to enlarge them.
That chip in your 2nd pic is pretty nasty. The chips in the 1st and 3rd pics are usually what most my games have, though I'd say my games usually only have 3 or 4 chips.

I think some of you guys have the worst luck. My DmC finally came and the case looks mint as hell. As for the disc, there's 2-3 very small chips on the outer disc and a light scratch on the disc, but aside for those minor things, the disc is in perfect condition. I think Ima chill out on the games for now, unless an amazing deal comes along. Thanks again Cheapy for the post.

BTW, I got a ps3 version and it came from the Pittsburgh center.

So I haven't received my games yet and the tracking system says "Dead Mail / Sent to Mail Recovery Center". Anyone knows/has any experience with something like this? I've been waiting to play DMC for so long and now this???

I only ordered :wiiu: Monster Hunter from this sale, but I just sent it back yesterday.  There were just enough chips on the edges of the disc to give me disc read errors.  I've ordered a lot of games off of Gamefly, but this is actually the first time I got an unreadable disc.  Hopefully it goes on sale again. 

I never returned anything to GF so how does it actually work? Are returns only for damaged items and do I have to report a problem to get a shipping label?

I never returned anything to GF so how does it actually work? Are returns only for damaged items and do I have to report a problem to get a shipping label?
There customer service is pretty good at helping you out with any issues. Login into your account and reach out to them explaining what the problem is they will send you a label and refund your money.

There customer service is pretty good at helping you out with any issues. Login into your account and reach out to them explaining what the problem is they will send you a label and refund your money.
Yea, they were very quick to respond. They refunded my money right away and sent a FedEx shipping label. You just have to ship the item back within a month or so.

Ew. Is it just me or does anyone else hate used cases. Plus, I like the feel of a new case. (That doesn't sound weird, does it?)
Well, some used cases are fine, depending on who the previous owner was. I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster Video a few years ago with a cockroach inside, if that makes you feel any better (and in case anyone is wondering, I immediately flipped the game to a Gamestop down the road, so it became their problem).

Last edited:
Well, some used cases are fine, depending on who the previous owner was. I once purchased a used game from Blockbuster Video a few years ago with a cockroach inside, if that makes you feel any better (and in case anyone is wondering, I immediately flipped the game to a Gamestop down the road, so it became their problem).
That's disgusting, lol. Hopefully, you threw the cockroach away before trading the game....

bread's done
Back