GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
You obviously know the game well. Can you offer any advice on which augment modification I should concentrate on first and why? Thanks.

[quote name='Blabadon']BUY DEUS EX OR I WILL EAT YOU. Seriously, the game is beyond fantastic.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kanamit']My Deus Ex came today and it was kinda messed up as well. Worse than any rental I've received. Also didn't have the slipcover but thats not that big of a deal to me.[/QUOTE]

i just got my copy of deus ex and it was pretty scratched up too, it did install to the hdd without any problems though so i guess its alright.

[quote name='CaoPi']damn, so the slip cover isn't guranteed with Deus Ex? I hope mine comes with it....[/QUOTE]

mine came with a nice new box and slipcover, too bad the disc looked like crap.

[quote name='Felder71']For 360 owners, would you consider that installing a game to the HDD is a good way of testing a used game? Seems to me if it can install completely, it should have no problem playing completely. Worst case scenario, you play the game with it installed, since it doesn't need to read the disc except to check that it's in the drive, at that point. Has anyone seen a scenario where it would install properly but then wouldn't play properly?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this was mentioned before (sorry didn't read all the previous posts) but this method I suggested to customers that came into the rental store I used to work at.

If your disc has problems and you never installed it to the harddrive...borrow a copy from someone/somewhere else. Install that copy to the harddrive, then your scratched up disc should work again. It's an easy enough solution but many people don't think of it. I used to see COD games daily with full rings around them because someone thought it was a good idea to move the console while the game was playing inside.

I appreciate all of the answers on the scratched disc/install to hard drive method of testing. At least now I can confirm when I get a game, whether or not it will work, considering it may sit in my backlog for a bit. Thanks all!

[quote name='Investor']You obviously know the game well. Can you offer any advice on which augment modification I should concentrate on first and why? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sure! :)
It first of all depends what route you're playing. If you're going for a stealth related route and have 2 Praxis Points (you'll get what this means soon enough) there's a Skin augment that makes you invisible for a short period of time. While not absolutely necessary in the beginning, it alleviates a lot of stress later on in the game.

[quote name='toomuchpie617']Is 19.99 a good price for dynasty warriors gun dam 3? I've been wanting to get it for a while but is that the lowest price its been ?[/QUOTE]

IMHO, "Yes". $19.99 is a very good price for DWG: 3. Although, not "the" best (by far) in the Series, I wouldn't think twice about picking it up at that price.

[quote name='whitedeath']i am wondering do these games come complete? what about condition. i want call of juarez[/QUOTE]
Usually they do come complete and sometimes even with the DLC vouchers they originally came with when bought new. As for condition, it would appear that some people are getting games in so-so condition this time around though.

[quote name='whitedeath']i am wondering do these games come complete? what about condition. i want call of juarez[/QUOTE]

They always come complete with original case and booklet, always in excellent condition. As for the discs, I have always gotten them in great condition, with just some nicks around the edges from their envelope mailing process when the games were rentals. But I read some people have gotten bad copies. I think they are easy to return, though. As for Call of Juarez, I picked it up too. I already beat it once when it first came out and it was a ton of fun.

If you have both get Catherine on ps3. Made mistake of renting o 360 and had hard time with using analog stick. The ps3 controller has way better spas Wichita will. E way better for this game

I'm 5 or 6 hours into Deus Ex, pretty awesome game so far and I'm not an FPS person, the stealth gameplay is fantastic, like a mix of Batman AA, Tenchu and MGSolid.

I got my copy of Crysis 2 in the mail and it turned out to be the limited edition with the code included! Not bad Gamefly, not bad at all.

[quote name='el swordo']If you have both get Catherine on ps3. Made mistake of renting o 360 and had hard time with using analog stick. The ps3 controller has way better spas Wichita will. E way better for this game[/QUOTE]

As Wichita falls, so falls Wichita Falls.

I started cathrine last night on xbox. 2 hrs or so in and I really enjoyed it. cant wait to get home and get back into it. story and animation is awesome, puzzles are decent fun.

Okay, I've held off this long on Deus Ex, and I'm really on the fence about it. Is it worth the ~$15 shipped, even if it arrives in questionable quality, and is it worth owning as opposed to borrowing from a friend?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Okay, I've held off this long on Deus Ex, and I'm really on the fence about it. Is it worth the ~$15 shipped, even if it arrives in questionable quality, and is it worth owning as opposed to borrowing from a friend?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is worth every penny. Personally for me it was my runner up for GOTY last year behind Arkham City.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Okay, I've held off this long on Deus Ex, and I'm really on the fence about it. Is it worth the ~$15 shipped, even if it arrives in questionable quality, and is it worth owning as opposed to borrowing from a friend?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Never have I wanted to play a game immediately after beating it then Deus Ex HR. But I see no harm in getting it from your friend first.

Just orderd Catherine (PS3), No More Heroes Paradies (PS3), and LA Noire (360) with free shipping

edit: so you guys both got catherine too, huh? hope there are enough for all of us. i wont be pleased if they cancel only that part of my order lol

[quote name='XT14']I don't know if this was mentioned before (sorry didn't read all the previous posts) but this method I suggested to customers that came into the rental store I used to work at.

If your disc has problems and you never installed it to the harddrive...borrow a copy from someone/somewhere else. Install that copy to the harddrive, then your scratched up disc should work again. It's an easy enough solution but many people don't think of it. I used to see COD games daily with full rings around them because someone thought it was a good idea to move the console while the game was playing inside.[/QUOTE]

I've tried that. If they system can't even read the disc period for the initial check then trying to play from HDD won't work. when you hit play from HDD the system will tell you to insert disc. Even though it is in the tray.

Maybe this is a sign that I am not supposed to get Catherine right now, lol. It's OOS again. I signed up to be notified by email on replies to this thread, but only get them every now and then...this was not one of those times :whistle2:( lol. Next time.

[quote name='nightwarrior']Catherine is back in stock for PS3. i just order one.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drclaw411']Just orderd Catherine (PS3), No More Heroes Paradies (PS3), and LA Noire (360) with free shipping

edit: so you guys both got catherine too, huh? hope there are enough for all of us. i wont be pleased if they cancel only that part of my order lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='melancholyvagrant']Catherine (PS3) back in stock. Just picked it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mightymek']Maybe this is a sign that I am not supposed to get Catherine right now, lol. It's OOS again. I signed up to be notified by email on replies to this thread, but only get them every now and then...this was not one of those times :whistle2:( lol. Next time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel like I got trolled lol..saw those posts 20 minutes later and it was gone :( sale ends today right? I'll hold out hope till the days officially over :D

Signed up for the free trial and kept Catherine, used the $10 coupon you get for signing up for the membership. Final price: $5.29. Feels so nice. Hopefully it's not too banged up.

[quote name='nitabyte']Signed up for the free trial and kept Catherine, used the $10 coupon you get for signing up for the membership. Final price: $5.29. Feels so nice. Hopefully it's not too banged up.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what $10 for signing up for the membership? o.o

[quote name='Luxuria']Wait, what $10 for signing up for the membership? o.o[/QUOTE]

I think so, they gave me one right after I signed up for the trial. I hope other people get one too.

[quote name='melancholyvagrant']Has anyone confirmed that GF's copies of Catherine has the alt. box art?[/QUOTE]I got my PS3 copy in the mail today with the original "zoomed-out" box art. ;)

[quote name='happydogs']Deus Ex PS3 back in stock. Scored one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this to come back in stock for days.

[quote name='nitabyte']I think so, they gave me one right after I signed up for the trial. I hope other people get one too.

I almost exclusively get all my games from GF used sales now....what will I ever do if they start charging more or stop having these sales. Ag! I cancelled my little used GF sub a couple years ago, but they've found a way to keep getting my money.

I don't remember the last time I paid more than 20 bucks for a $60 retail game. The CAG fueled backlog makes me care very little about new releases. With PS+ also, my cup has never runneth over so fucking much. Imagine if I had the free time I had to game when I was young...I would be so broke.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Randomly checked GF and saw Deus Ex for PS3. I've never entered account info so fast before.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, mine was already saved from the last (failed) attempt. Someone posted here on Friday that it was back in stock; i saw the message within 15 minutes of it being posted, had the game in my cart, and it went OoS before i finished checking out.

[quote name='happydogs']Ha ha, mine was already saved from the last (failed) attempt. Someone posted here on Friday that it was back in stock; i saw the message within 15 minutes of it being posted, had the game in my cart, and it went OoS before i finished checking out.[/QUOTE]

So you have not bought it ? I just bought one (for PS3).

it looks like they got more copies of captain america 360 in and i'll pay $10 for almost anything.
i'm still hoping for a catherine 360 restock.

Got Deus Ex today great condition. Came with slipcover. Too bad I don't have the system I order it for anymore.

[quote name='j.t']Got Deus Ex today great condition. Came with slipcover. Too bad I don't have the system I order it for anymore.[/QUOTE]
Did anyone else get a Deus Ex without a slipcover or am I the only one? lol

bread's done
Back