GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, don't know whether to order Crysis 2 or Captain America.

EDIT: Never mind, they're both out of stock now. Guess that solves my dilemma. LOL.

[quote name='kanamit']Did anyone else get a Deus Ex without a slipcover or am I the only one? lol[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, no slipcover here :)

[quote name='kanamit']Did anyone else get a Deus Ex without a slipcover or am I the only one? lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PR Mega X']Don't feel bad, no slipcover here :)[/QUOTE]

I got my PS3 Deus Ex today and it came with a slipcover. Everything was in near perfect condition. What version did you guys get? (360, PS3)

[quote name='therealdanhill']Can I just do the "keep it" option to get the games that aren't stocked?[/QUOTE]

As long as you're a member and have the game sent out or "at home," it shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='Poetry In Motion']I got my PS3 Deus Ex today and it came with a slipcover. Everything was in near perfect condition. What version did you guys get? (360, PS3)[/QUOTE]

PS3 for me.

[quote name='Tsel']Gah, don't know whether to order Crysis 2 or Captain America.

EDIT: Never mind, they're both out of stock now. Guess that solves my dilemma. LOL.[/QUOTE]
You do realize Crysis 2 for PS3 and 360 is only $2.49 used at Best Buy after the @Gamer coupon and Gamer's Club Unlocked discount, right?;):booty:

In for Catherine. Saw a video of gameplay. Looks weird but hell it can't be any more weird or less fun than Katamari. Thanks OP

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With the @Gamer coupon from last month(Dec) and during the appropriate sale, you could've had Warhammer for I believe $5-10 NEW at BB.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. :( I completely missed out on it an I regret it. I had meant to subscribe and get it but I herp derped. Luckily, I had a $5 coupon for Gamefly so $10 and some change isn't as bad really. It was going to expire mid of March anyways so figured I would use it now in case GF doesn't have it on sale again for lower. ^^

@Astroboy: You'll love the game. Atlus really went ahead to make a game different from what is being put out today. The story is crazy and awesome. :D

[quote name='astr0boy']In for Catherine. Saw a video of gameplay. Looks weird but hell it can't be any more weird or less fun than Katamari. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
It's weird anime relationship sim meets puzzle games meets WTF at some of the endings. I'll just leave it at that for you and make you want it to arrive even faster.:booty:

One of the cool parts about the game is you can play the lil arcade game in the bar you're in at times and it's like a lil version of the main puzzle portion of the game.:)

I kinda regret selling my copy to BB now, but I'll likely buy it back if GF gets it back in stock at some point.;)
[quote name='Luxuria']Yeah, I know. :( I completely missed out on it an I regret it. I had meant to subscribe and get it but I herp derped. Luckily, I had a $5 coupon for Gamefly so $10 and some change isn't as bad really. It was going to expire mid of March anyways so figured I would use it now in case GF doesn't have it on sale again for lower. ^^

@Astroboy: You'll love the game. Atlus really went ahead to make a game different from what is being put out today. The story is crazy and awesome. :D[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately Warhammer is a LOT of the same things over n over and you can't skip the lil cutscene that pops up every time you use a QTE to kill enemies to regain health from what I remember. That shit gets OLD after the first level. Believe me.:whistle2:#

I got my PS3 Deus Ex today with a slipcover. It had a few chips around the edges but worked without any problems. Best $7 I have spent in a while.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Unfortunately Warhammer is a LOT of the same things over n over and you can't skip the lil cutscene that pops up every time you use a QTE to kill enemies to regain health from what I remember. That shit gets OLD after the first level. Believe me.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I can see that. The demo was just as you described. I didn't really want the coupon to go to waste so it was between that or Tron Evolution (the only titles that I'm really interested in). >.< The jetback alone should hopefully keep me entertained. Hell, I almost put up with all of Sonic Unleashed and '06. x.x

I got Catherine for $22.50 through AWD, and I guess it's not for me. The Immoral Beast is ridiculous though. lol

If you don't really like puzzle games, this is not the game for you. You're either dealing with the puzzles, or you're going through the story.

I got a kick outta figuring out who was who in the dream sequences when you're between levels. Talking to the different 'sheep' was fun.

Of course I kept hoping Vincent woulda ended up with Erica(the barmaid) in one of the endings and made the story even more disturbing and complex. But considering the revelation about her later in the game....:shock:....that woulda been uhhhhh weird.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I got a kick outta figuring out who was who in the dream sequences when you're between levels. Talking to the different 'sheep' was fun.

Of course I kept hoping Vincent woulda ended up with Erica(the barmaid) in one of the endings and made the story even more disturbing and complex. But considering the revelation about her later in the game....:shock:....that woulda been uhhhhh weird.;)
[/QUOTE]

First play through was the best. Was cool seeing the news report on who died if you didn't help out certain people.

I was hoping Vincent would end up with Erica too. xD We all know Vincent's buddy did, and how he described it was funny. Erica's still gorgeous though! :whistle2:\"\\:D/

[quote name='astr0boy']Hey guys are there difference at all between the PS3 and the X360 versions graphically? Which is the definitive version?[/QUOTE]

apparently there isn't really much different between the games, the playstation version is said to have slightly better cutscenes due to the blu-ray capacity and since you are going to be using the d-pad a lot you might as well go with the PS3 version if you have the option...unless you are in love with your 360's dpad (o_O)

but both versions are supposed to be indistinguishable from one another in other aspects

Just thought I'd add my two cents on FEAR 3. I'm currently playing it with my friend, she's playing the psychic dude.

Anyway, this is my first time playing FEAR (I have 1 and 2, but they're on the backlog), and I gotta say. A couple hours in, this thing isn't even remotely scarey. It's a pretty generic FPS with some very small bells and whistles (psychic partner with some boring ass abilities). I feel like I'm playing a CoD mod and not a survival horror.

But Co-op is always fun and that's worth 9.99 for sure. I wouldn't buy it if I didn't have someone to play it with... unless you played and enjoyed FEAR 1 and 2 and are looking to find out what happens in the story. I just hope that FEAR 1 and 2 are worth the 5 bucks I payed per copy, lol.

Deus Ex and Red Faction arrived yesterday - the cases and manuals are flawless. The discs had some very light scratches but they should both work (I didn't try them yet - damn you Mass Effect 2!).

[quote name='Tsel']Damn, I was hoping Captain America would come back in stock overnight.

When does the sale officially end?[/QUOTE]

Captain America is back in stock.

[quote name='mightymek']Captain America is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

thanks man! picked capt. america up with el shaddai. just bought house of dead from newegg this morning. fml.

[quote name='Tsel']Yes! Thank you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']thanks man! picked capt. america up with el shaddai. just bought house of dead from newegg this morning. fml.[/QUOTE]

No problem guys, glad you got them! Now if someone could do me a solid and shoot me a PM if they see Catherine (either system) come back in stock, I would be very appreciative! (I'm at work, so I can't check constantly for it :cry:)

[quote name='technicalstylez']the Cap is back but he's 14.99 now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that. $10 was my limit. I'll just have to wait for one of my fellow CAGers to get tired of it!

Ah, sale is officially over...no Catherine this run. But I did grab Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Bodycount, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, and Red Faction: Armageddon...so I think I am set anyway! Good sale this time around for me.

Got my copy of Deus Ex (360) in the mail today & much to my dismay the cardboard slide case was not included. It's a bummer because the only reason I ordered the game from Gamefly is because they usually include everything & a bunch of people here received their copy with a slidecase. At least I know not to order games from them in the future that originally had the slidecase as it seems to be a gamble.
I wasn't going to play it right away anyways so I will probably just try it out then trade it to a local shop to get my money back. I'm sure another good deal will come along where I can grab a complete copy.

Looks like I'll be getting Catherine, but late. Just got confirmation that they're splitting my order up. LA Noire and No More Heroes are shipped, Catherine not yet.

Not sure what the fascination with the Deus EX slip covers are, but I was just going to toss mine. I'd happily send it to someone for the cost of postage. PM me if you're interested.

I feel the same way about the slip cover for Deus Ex for xbox. I got mine and I usually just toss them. Still have it as of right now. It adds nothing to the game. To each their own, I just don't understand lol

[quote name='pastorscott19']Not sure what the fascination with the Deus EX slip covers are, but I was just going to toss mine. I'd happily send it to someone for the cost of postage. PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='hawkfan2311']I feel the same way about the slip cover for Deus Ex for xbox. I got mine and I usually just toss them. Still have it as of right now. It adds nothing to the game. To each their own, I just don't understand lol[/QUOTE]
Some folks on here are hardcore collectors and if a game is 'missing' something they feel that makes it complete then it throws off the feng shui of their game collection shelves.

For example: Some people will intentionally pay a premium to get a 'black label' version of a game, even if the greatest hits version contains all sorts of extra content and fixes issues that may have been present in the original version.

It's a form of OCD pretty much. But as you guys said to each their own. My form of OCD, for example, is nitpicking every last segment of a game and it's packaging to assure it's as mint as it can possibly be. Of course, that's also so that I can resell it to the aforementoned collectors as mint/complete too.;) The only time I may make an exception to that is when the game is uber cheap(Crysis 2 from BB for $2.49 a copy used).

no deus ex (360) slipcover here :(

if anyone has one theyd part with id happily pay postage and a buck or two for the trouble. thanks!

[quote name='hawkfan2311']I feel the same way about the slip cover for Deus Ex for xbox. I got mine and I usually just toss them. Still have it as of right now. It adds nothing to the game. To each their own, I just don't understand lol[/QUOTE]

It didn't really bother me much to not get the slipcover for Deus Ex, what bothered me was the fact that they buy these new and every single one has a slipcover. I buy the game from them and they tell me everything that comes with it new will be shipped to me. I get the game and no slipcover. It just doesnt make sense to me why some get it and some dont. It bothers me more that some received a near perfect disc with a slipcover, while I received a pretty bad disc and no slipcover. Its fun saying slipcover so much ;).

I threw mine away.

On a side note I waited two days then bought x-men destiny had it played it and beat it 100 percent and traded it off before the sale was even over lol.

bread's done
Back