GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
MF. Why is the :ps3: version of DW Gundam 3 $10 more than the xbox version. Grrrrr.
Tempted to get LEgo Pirates for $12.99....
How's the Captian America game for $9?

[quote name='eldergamer']MF. Why is the :ps3: version of DW Gundam 3 $10 more than the xbox version. Grrrrr.
Tempted to get LEgo Pirates for $12.99....
How's the Captian America game for $9?[/QUOTE]

Cap is definitely worth $9. Very good game for a movie tie in. If that game had a tad bit more polish it would have been amazing.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Cap is definitely worth $9. Very good game for a movie tie in. If that game had a tad bit more polish it would have been amazing.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Easy 1k as well.

[quote name='mightymek']Unfortunately no Catherine yet, but it looks like Gamefly did restock some of the sale items.[/QUOTE]I saw that. I missed Catherine, twice, during this sale. I had it in my cart and it was gone during checkout. Twice. Gutted.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I snagged :360: Thor, Captain America, Red Faction for $23ish after my coupon.[/QUOTE]

I just started Red Faction about an hour ago, so I can't comment on that one yet. Captain America is an excellent, purchase, I had a lot of fun with that one -- Thor, on the other hand, is a sack of shit. I say this as a Marvel nerd, one of the worst games I've ever played.

Anyone know if 3Ds games are usually part of the sales ? I recently bought my 3DS so I have not checked before. Looking for cheap sources of games now since my local game stores don't rent portable games.

captian america still out of stock for xbox360 waitning for that then might get that and crysis 2 bith for $10 but will only bite if they restock captian. please update if they restock thaks

My copy of Deus Ex for Ps3 came today. I love gamefly and how fast i receive the games i barely ordered it yesterday morning! Game came in perfect condition as always with slipcover and registration code inside.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']My copy of Deus Ex for Ps3 came today. I love gamefly and how fast i receive the games i barely ordered it yesterday morning! Game came in perfect condition as always with slipcover and registration code inside.[/QUOTE]

Same. My only gripe would be that the 3 games I ordered came in a giant ass box with minimal packing material inside. Fortunately, nothing was damaged though. The speed was definitely impressive.

In case anyone's looking and wants a copy complete with the online pass, FEAR 3 is on clearance for the same price ($9.98) new at Target right now.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']is Xmen Destiny worth $13?[/QUOTE]

I liked it. If I didn't already play it, I would pick it up for $13. It wasn't a great game, but it was an enjoyable playthrough.

Just ordered Deus Ex (360). Not sure when I'll play it, but I doubt I'll find it much cheaper for a while.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']My copy of Deus Ex for Ps3 came today. I love gamefly and how fast i receive the games i barely ordered it yesterday morning! Game came in perfect condition as always with slipcover and registration code inside.[/QUOTE]

How the hell did you get a game from them that fast? I ordered a game last week and it STILL hasnt gotten to me wtf lol. I can send a package to anywhere in the usa and it gets there in 3 days. Is there some sort of secret society I dont know about that gets some of you priority? Congrats to you but...damn lol.

[quote name='kanamit']How the hell did you get a game from them that fast? I ordered a game last week and it STILL hasnt gotten to me wtf lol. I can send a package to anywhere in the usa and it gets there in 3 days. Is there some sort of secret society I dont know about that gets some of you priority? Congrats to you but...damn lol.[/QUOTE]

(Assuming you choose free shipping) If you order a bundle of games, at least 2 or more they ship faster, otherwise it's by the donkey shipping...

[quote name='CaoPi'](Assuming you choose free shipping) If you order a bundle of games, at least 2 or more they ship faster, otherwise it's by the donkey shipping...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I placed two orders yesterday morning. One for Catherine and Legend of Troy and a second one for Bit.Trip. I got my Catherine/Troy shipment this afternoon, but not the shipment of Bit.Trip.

Free next-day delivery = win.

[quote name='mightymek']I liked it. If I didn't already play it, I would pick it up for $13. It wasn't a great game, but it was an enjoyable playthrough.[/QUOTE]

I would've said no, but to each their own.

Aw man I was really hoping they shipped the Deus Ex today but for some reason they still haven't done it even though I placed the order in the morning. :l

got my gamefly goodies today.
deus ex ps3- slipcover/case/manual/square pts= 10/10, disc= 9/10. 1 lil chip.
dungeon siege iii 360- case/manual/square pts= 10/10, disc= 8/10- lots of light surface scratches, dirty, many chips, etc.

no more used 360 games for me...more for u guys :D

[quote name='kanamit']How the hell did you get a game from them that fast? I ordered a game last week and it STILL hasnt gotten to me wtf lol. I can send a package to anywhere in the usa and it gets there in 3 days. Is there some sort of secret society I dont know about that gets some of you priority? Congrats to you but...damn lol.[/QUOTE]

For some reason whenever i order games from Gamefly they arrive the very next day from the day that it is shipped. I ordered Deus Ex by itself yesterday around 9 AM and by mid day i got an email that my order had shipped. My only explanation is that there's a gamefly shipping center close to here? The envelope the game came in said the return address was PA but there's no way in hell that it would get here that fast (i chose free shipping). Like i said my best guess is that there is a gamefly shipping center close to here, i know it's a totaly different company but netflix has a shipping center just a few minutes from my house.

theres a gamefly shipping center in long beach. thats pretty close to you lol
they shipped my games from long beach as well -im in san jose-.

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']For some reason whenever i order games from Gamefly they arrive the very next day from the day that it is shipped. I ordered Deus Ex by itself yesterday around 9 AM and by mid day i got an email that my order had shipped. My only explanation is that there's a gamefly shipping center close to here? The envelope the game came in said the return address was PA but there's no way in hell that it would get here that fast (i chose free shipping). Like i said my best guess is that there is a gamefly shipping center close to here, i know it's a totaly different company but netflix has a shipping center just a few minutes from my house.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']theres a gamefly shipping center in long beach. thats pretty close to you lol
they shipped my games from long beach as well -im in san jose-.[/QUOTE]

Then that explains why i receive my games so fast! Long Beach is less than 40 minutes away from me!

lol i know. im from so cal. i used to go to orange county once a week. =)

[quote name='DarkPhantom13']Then that explains why i receive my games so fast! Long Beach is less than 40 minutes away from me![/QUOTE]

What amazes me the most isnt just the time of delivery, but that when i ask Gamefly why it takes 8 days instead of the 6 it should take ( 3 to return a game and 3 to receive next game) I'm told theres processing. You guys seem to bypass the processing in addition to your quick delivery lol.

By the way interesting that the game I purchased last week still hasnt come, but I received the new rental game that they say they sent out 4 days later (monday) in 2 days. I guess maybe thats good news, at least I know it can be done quicker. I just don't know why it isnt.

[quote name='kanamit'] I guess maybe thats good news, at least I know it can be done quicker. I just don't know why it isnt.[/QUOTE]
I still think that GF must hold back games by a few days saying they're 'processing' so people aren't overusing their rental plan they're on.

[quote name='MR_E']In case anyone's looking and wants a copy complete with the online pass, FEAR 3 is on clearance for the same price ($9.98) new at Target right now.[/QUOTE]

I was on the fence about ordering it, but if I saw it at Target sitting there, I'm sure I'd grab it. Thanks for the tip.

in my limited understanding:
purchase 1 game: Media Mail Shipping (=SLOW)
purchase 2 games: Priority Mail box (Fast!)

For rentals, it seems to depend on a lot of things - including where in the queue you are (for the day?), whether they have the game in the closest processing center, and how close you are to the center.

for me, Syndicate shipped 2/18/12 and it arrived 2/21/12 (release day)...If not for the postal holiday, it would have arrived monday (day early!), but I think they choose when to ship (brand new games) based on it arriving on release day. I've had a bunch of new games delivered on release day with gamefly.
but
if you're getting an older game with fewer copies available (or a newer game in high demand), it may take them a bit longer to dig out the game. in your account, you can see when the games were received, and when they shipped the next one, if you make note of the date they arrive each time, you can get some precise numbers on delivery times/etc.

[quote name='buffalo']Also bought Dues Ex, Hunted, Brink and Transformers: Dark of the Moon all for 360...$43 for all not bad:)[/QUOTE]
Got Brink during the BestBuy $5 craze, worst video game purchase I have ever made, just my opinion.

more like epic fail of a cag. you were probably too busy telling someone about how you found railfan at gamestop...

[quote name='Drclaw411']this deal is so piss without Catherine lol. i wish theyd restock. no catherine + no free shipping = epic fail of a deal.[/QUOTE]

Space Marine still being available for both systems gives me hope that it will drop even further.

It seems like every time I buy a $14.99 game from GameFly, it's $9.99 a month or two later.

Still hoping Catherine comes back up on either platform, preferably 360.

Been a few days, not sure if it will. Should have ordered when I had the chance.

[quote name='TooPoor']Got Brink during the BestBuy $5 craze, worst video game purchase I have ever made, just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yea heard it was bad but collect for the console, had a few friends ask me to get it for co-op...heard the bots for single player are bad...lol and will get to it one day when they want to throw it in...this weekend we are finally starting Dead Island:D

bread's done
Back