GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
$40.34 total for Warhammer, Deus Ex, and F.E.A.R. 3. Nice. I have a huge backlog, but I can't pass this up. Awesome deals.

[quote name='whitereflection']All of the stuff including Catherine is still available through the "Keep" feature: if you're a Gamefly member, just add the game to your queue and hit "Keep" to buy it at the sale price.

If you're considering Gamefly, the cheapest price I've seen is $11/month. (Full disclosure: I get a free month if you sign up thru that link.) Figure that you can rent a new game every week for $2.50 - the plan is actually for two games out at a time - and it looks like a steal compared to Redbox, which is $2 a day. The turnaround time for shipment is 2 or 3 days, so if you subscribe for two months, you can rent 8-12 games assuming your playtime averages a week per game. Not bad for $22.[/QUOTE]

Don't bullshit people that turnaround is 2-3 days...be honest. The few lucky people that live right next to a distribution center might get it in 3-4 days. The quickest I've ever received a game from Gamefly is 3 days, and the quickest I've had them acknowledge they've received a game I sent back is 3 days. However there is also at least 1 day and usually 2 before they then send out the next game. Thats 7-8 days everytime for me, and its never been quicker even the 1 time I was lucky enough to get FastScan. I use Gamefly for games I want to play for 2 weeks or longer.

Is Catherine the gimp cover only? I want to double dip and get the 360 version (I got the platinum on the ps3 one ages ago), but I don't want that alternate cover...

[quote name='kanamit']Don't bullshit people that turnaround is 2-3 days...be honest. The few lucky people that live right next to a distribution center might get it in 3-4 days. The quickest I've ever received a game from Gamefly is 3 days, and the quickest I've had them acknowledge they've received a game I sent back is 3 days. However there is also at least 1 day and usually 2 before they then send out the next game. Thats 7-8 days everytime for me, and its never been quicker even the 1 time I was lucky enough to get FastScan. I use Gamefly for games I want to play for 2 weeks or longer.[/QUOTE]
I live an hour from a distribution center and it only takes one day to and from, not 3-4 days. It was 3-4 days when the nearest location was california. For new releases, they ship it out the day before the official release date and I get it the next day on release day. My experience with Gamefly has been great

[quote name='kanamit']Don't bullshit people that turnaround is 2-3 days...be honest. The few lucky people that live right next to a distribution center might get it in 3-4 days. The quickest I've ever received a game from Gamefly is 3 days, and the quickest I've had them acknowledge they've received a game I sent back is 3 days. However there is also at least 1 day and usually 2 before they then send out the next game. Thats 7-8 days everytime for me, and its never been quicker even the 1 time I was lucky enough to get FastScan. I use Gamefly for games I want to play for 2 weeks or longer.[/QUOTE]

Where are you located? I'm in NYC and my games come from Pittsburgh, and the turnaround usually is that quick. I will say that I keep each game for about a week and I try not to have both games out at the same time; I'm sure they also throttle how many games they send you if you rent more frequently. Even with your quoted turnaround, you could still easily get 8-12 games in two months; the service makes more sense if you rent games with shorter length gameplay. I never thought anyone used it for games that lasted over two weeks.

Edit: I just noticed that you're located in fucking Wisconsin - your shipping center is probably Pittsburgh too. I can't imagine you receive anything from anywhere in less than two days.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
It sucks though cuz I just had BB price match Amazon($19.99) for a new copy of El Shaddai yesterday.:bomb: Oh well. I ended up paying about $15 out of pocket after a RZ certificate anyway.[/QUOTE]
I just got it from Newegg last week for $14. Have to resist Crysis2, and Deus Ex. Too many games :drool:.

[quote name='garrett007']I live an hour from a distribution center and it only takes one day to and from, not 3-4 days. It was 3-4 days when the nearest location was california. For new releases, they ship it out the day before the official release date and I get it the next day on release day. My experience with Gamefly has been great[/QUOTE]

And my only problem with that is I keep hearing people mention that getting games in 2-3 days is the norm. You are the exception...the RARE exception. You guys just dont know it. If I was as fortunate as you I'd buy a years worth of Gamefly. Trust me I think its great that others get games this quickly but I am extremely jealous. I'm very sensitive to hearing fast turnaround for games from Gamefly :D.

[quote name='whitereflection']Where are you located? I'm in NYC and my games come from Pittsburgh, and the turnaround usually is that quick. I will say that I keep each game for about a week and I try not to have both games out at the same time; I'm sure they also throttle how many games they send you if you rent more frequently. Even with your quoted turnaround, you could still easily get 8-12 games in two months; the service makes more sense if you rent games with shorter length gameplay. I never thought anyone used it for games that lasted over two weeks.

Edit: I just noticed that you're located in fucking Wisconsin. I can't imagine you receive anything in less than two days.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, if he sends them back the same day he gets them, lol.

[quote name='whitereflection']Where are you located? I'm in NYC and my games come from Pittsburgh, and the turnaround usually is that quick. I will say that I keep each game for about a week and I try not to have both games out at the same time; I'm sure they also throttle how many games they send you if you rent more frequently. Even with your quoted turnaround, you could still easily get 8-12 games in two months; the service makes more sense if you rent games with shorter length gameplay. I never thought anyone used it for games that lasted over two weeks.

Edit: I just noticed that you're located in fucking Wisconsin. I can't imagine you receive anything in less than two days.[/QUOTE]

The thing that pisses me off the most is those few days where nothing happens after Gamefly receives my game. I accept the 6 days turnaround but then they dont send the next game right away. And I'm talking the top of my queue has their older and most available games. I did this on purpose to get games quicker but it hasnt worked. It's not like I live in the boonies lol I live 30 min from Milwaukee and 1 hour from Chicago. Open a distribution center in Chicago dammit Gamefly! :D

[quote name='JamesMc'][img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.[/QUOTE]
Do you have to be a subscriber to get these deals? Do you just click "keep?" That's the only way I see that price, but it implies you need to have the game rented out first. Can someone explain this to a brotha?

[quote name='twztid13']Do you have to be a subscriber to get these deals? Do you just click "keep?" That's the only way I see that price, but it implies you need to have the game rented out first. Can someone explain this to a brotha?[/QUOTE]

No you don't need to have a membership. The keep it option is for members who already have it at home, if there is no buy button, that means its sold out for non members

The "Keep" is the only way to buy the game now since they sold out quickly. They sometimes replenish their stock, but I wouldn't count on it this time around since that was easily the lowest price Catherine has ever been.

Now that I look closer at it, you can try the free 10-day trial in the link I posted. Someone earlier said that the sale prices are good till the 27th, I think. Depending on how close you live to a shipping center, that's just enough time to "keep" two games and cancel your trial.

[quote name='kanamit']And my only problem with that is I keep hearing people mention that getting games in 2-3 days is the norm. You are the exception...the RARE exception. You guys just dont know it. If I was as fortunate as you I'd buy a years worth of Gamefly. Trust me I think its great that others get games this quickly but I am extremely jealous. I'm very sensitive to hearing fast turnaround for games from Gamefly :D.[/QUOTE]
I understand, before the pittsburgh location the service was kinda slow and I was thinking of cancelling. It would take about 4 days back in 07, but when I heard about the pittsburgh location, I was thrilled! Sometimes I just take it for granted and neglect others who aren't as close and experience problems. You're right I am one of those rare exceptions. I'm Sorry about all the problems you had with gamefly

When I lived in Iowa, I had shitty delivery times. 3 days was quick. 4 days was normal to receive and then another 4 to send. 5 days was not unheard of for a one-way trip. It just was ridiculous.

Now I am in Orlando, so I should think about giving them a shot again. Besides the delivery times that ruined it previously, I had good experience with their customer service and selection.

[quote name='Brother Daz']No you don't need to have a membership. The keep it option is for members who already have it at home, if there is no buy button, that means its sold out for non members[/QUOTE]
There is a "buy," but it's $39.99 for new (Deus Ex ps3). Oh well, I tried :(.

[quote name='Yanksfan']When I lived in Iowa, I had shitty delivery times. 3 days was quick. 4 days was normal to receive and then another 4 to send. 5 days was not unheard of for a one-way trip. It just was ridiculous.

Now I am in Orlando, so I should think about giving them a shot again. Besides the delivery times that ruined it previously, I had good experience with their customer service and selection.[/QUOTE]
That's how it was for me about 2 years ago (I think? It was a bit after Tekken 6 came out when I cancelled). I had 2 discs at a time, but there was a center in Austin (I'm in Texas). Wasn't worth it when they jacked up the prices a little, imho (as I had played all the old games I cared about, and I would get a new game about once a month if there was one I wanted released that month).

[quote name='garrett007']I understand, before the pittsburgh location the service was kinda slow and I was thinking of cancelling. It would take about 4 days back in 07, but when I heard about the pittsburgh location, I was thrilled! Sometimes I just take it for granted and neglect others who aren't as close and experience problems. You're right I am one of those rare exceptions. I'm Sorry about all the problems you had with gamefly[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with Gamefly, I just have to make it work at the right price because of the long turnaround. I can't really afford to stick with them in the long run unless I can get a few people to use my referral link and get a free month here or there like others do. They are still great for used game sales like today.

[quote name='spacebooger']So what is the risk of using the keep option during a 10 day trial?[/QUOTE]

The risk is if you don't cancel before your trial is up, you'll be billed $22.95. If you've used a trial before, you may also not be able to use one again.

I've got such a backlog...but DXHR interests me enough that I'll probably play it before I could get it cheaper, so I bit. Tempted by Dragon Age II, I would bite at $10 (which I think it's been at before, but I hadn't played Origins yet so I wasn't as interested as I am now).

I've been watching DXHR for weeks. Almost bit several times at $16.xx. This was a no brainer. Between it and ME3, I should be busy for a while.

Sigh. Saw this earlier in my email inbox, 14.99 is my magic number on Catherine but funds are extra tight this month after buying a Kinect for my fiancé.

These sales tend to always happen right after I spend a ton of money.

broke down and bought deus ex and xmen. Deus ex is still 1000 goozex points. New game for 13??? sure why not. I should have just shipped from gamefly right to the goozex memeber. lol

Do it! Its an investment see. You can play it and still sell it for more then you paid for it. So techically you get paid to play it. You made money....Thats MY story im sticking to it.

[quote name='chunlirocks']looks like i got Deus Ex and i don't even want to really play it

sad[/QUOTE]

Put it on goozex for 1000 points. Or check the Xbox trading thread plenty of people were looking for it. I bet there will be lots for people trading stuff around as the games sell out on gamefly.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Put it on goozex for 1000 points. Or check the Xbox trading thread plenty of people were looking for it. I bet there will be lots for people trading stuff around as the games sell out on gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Got the Triple version

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Put it on goozex for 1000 points. Or check the Xbox trading thread plenty of people were looking for it. I bet there will be lots for people trading stuff around as the games sell out on gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed this sale and then released I just got matched on Goozex... what timing ugh

[quote name='The 7th Number']mmmm guess catherine is sold out, since it says 60 dollars instead of 15. :/[/QUOTE]
Thing is, it's worth every last cent of that $60, though I believe it's down to $40 MSRP now.

It's something unique in an industry where copying one another seems to be the formula for success rather than attempting to innovate and do something that doesn't just follow the crowd.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, it's worth every last cent of that $60, though I believe it's down to $40 MSRP now.[/QUOTE]

agreed. one of the best / most interesting games i've played.

$35 preowned at GS. 31.49 if you have power up rewards silver.

not quite the same as $15, but if you have GS credit burning a hole...

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Deus ex is still 1000 goozex points. New game for 13??? sure why not. I should have just shipped from gamefly right to the goozex member. lol[/QUOTE]

I have both done this and had this done to me in the past with good results. It does, however, feel a bit awkward shipping a used game to a stranger sight-unseen.

EDIT: in for L.A. Noire. Judging by this thread, I think I'm the only CAG who doesn't have it yet.

bread's done
Back