GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cereal_killerxx']ARGH! I missed Catherine. May pick up Fear 3 and Deus Ex though.[/QUOTE]

Same here! Hopefully it restocks! Did pick up Deus Ex though.

[quote name='benjamouth']X-Men Destiny (360) is $12.99 with free shipping as well, I know the game is meant to be terrible but for $13.........[/QUOTE]

Still too much. I rented it for two nights and thought that the four bucks was worth it, but just barely. You could Platinum/1000G it in barely more than an afternoon, and replay isn't that great.

[quote name='Luxuria']Anyone here played Tron? Is it any good?[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it because I'm a huge TRON fan, but the game itself is not amazing. Decent, with better results based on your appreciation for the source material.

[quote name='Shimrra']Is Captain America worth it? I might just jump on Homefront just for the multiplayer, I had a chance to play it online thru Onlive and it was real fun.[/QUOTE]

Captain America is fun, but really short with no replay value. Easy to Platinum/1000G in a day. It's a very simple version of Arkham Asylum, but not as good or polished.

I shall spend a while debating EL Shaddai which has now fallen to my $15 mark (actually $13+tax, free shipping).

I thought I was safe from GameFly after stacking up my backlog in November/December (which I am finally making a dent in...)

Would have picked up Catherine. I've got a $5 coupon I've been meaning to spend, and have everything else. If it doesn't come back in-stock, I'm debating on Bodycount for $4. I'm sure it's not worth it at all, but I'm sure I've also played worse games before.

For the record (since I saw people asking), I really enjoyed Captain America. It was pretty much a slightly less unpolished version of Arkham Asylum. Granted, I mean extremely underpolished compared to it, but it was really a very fun and enjoyable game.

I also didn't think X-Men Destiny was as bad as everyone says, but it certainly wasn't good either. It's just kind of... there. I'd say $10 or $15 is the max for that one.

Tempted by mainly Captain America and LA Noire, but considering I haven't been able to touch most of the games I bought from Gamefly a few months ago, I'll just wait; they'll probably get (a little) cheaper.

I had Catherine in my cart and apparently it was gone before I got to the complete order stage.

Why is it that there's always one "highlight" game in these sales that is gone before it's even advertised? Pisses me off to no end.

[quote name='Dund3r']I've never bought a game from Gamefly -- are their games/cases/manuals typically in good shape?[/QUOTE]
Case and manual are always prefect, even comes with codes unused for games that come with codes

Ordered Deus Ex and Catherine for 360 earlier today. Already got a shipping notice email from Gamefly with a tracking number! That was fast! Thanks op!

[quote name='Dund3r']I've never bought a game from Gamefly -- are their games/cases/manuals typically in good shape?[/QUOTE]

In my experience (roughly 20 games purchased over six years) I have never had a single defective game from them, and the cases and manuals look brand new. On the discs you may see some minor scratches or chips, but again these have never cause games to not operate properly. I fully endorse them as great way to get bargains on games (especially sub $20 after 4-12 months of release).

[quote name='ck76']In my experience (roughly 20 games purchased over six years) I have never had a single defective game from them, and the cases and manuals look brand new. On the discs you may see some minor scratches or chips, but again these have never cause games to not operate properly. I fully endorse them as great way to get bargains on games (especially sub $20 after 4-12 months of release).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I picked up Crysis 2 for 10 bucks. Not a bad deal.

[quote name='garrett007']Scrap that, I can always rent Captain America and get the quick 1000G. Dungeon siege or Dues Ex?[/QUOTE]

I say Deus Ex. I've heard that Dungeon Siege 3 is a good hack n slash rpg, but the crappy loot kind of ruins the game.

Nice, shipped already! Remember folks: you only get a tracking number (and faster shipping) if you order multiple games in a single order.

Well, since Gamefly doesn't accept paypal, I will have to take my $5 off any purchase coupon to Gamestop and pick up a new copy of Fear 3 for $15.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']I say Deus Ex. I've heard that Dungeon Siege 3 is a good hack n slash rpg, but the crappy loot kind of ruins the game.[/QUOTE]
I went with deus ex even though I have it on onlive, nice to get some achievements on it now. I remembered the DSIII demo and I hated it.

Debating Deus Ex, it sounds awesome, but my cousin has it and doesn't like it and my friend bought it on release and traded it in before beating it as well...

I had a great time playing splitscreen dungeon siege 3, single player probably would have gotten monotonous. There was some great cutscene art later in the game though.

my order just shipped as well. deus ex ps3 and dungeon siege 3 360. hopefully the 360 disc doesnt have any scratches, as ive only bought ps3 games from gamefly up to this point.

i got a 2nd fear3, but that's mostly for co op. I already beat it once as fettel(my grrl was pointman) but it was a fun run. The online mp is mostly co op stuff like horde mode where you run around collecting crates, and run like hell where you just run like hell. Soul King and some other soul game were vs but they were very one shot ish deals. fun co op tho, and if you want the plat it's worth getting a 2nd copy so you know who you are playing with ;)

also xmen destiny and capt america were like 1-2 day plats, so better off renting unless you really really like those games already...

and yeah most game inserts/codes are still in the cases, they just take the game out and rent that, so good chance any other codes are unused. a code is needed for the 2 bonus mp modes in fear3, but you should be fine.

bread's done
Back