GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='garrett007']Got a $5 coupon, should i get dungeon siege 3 or captain america? (I know they are completely different games though)[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Siege. I beat Captain America with a 2-day Redbox rental.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I hear that Gameflys used games often come with the DLC the game originally came with. Any chance of Bad Company 2 having the VIP code?[/QUOTE]

I think you just answered your own question.

[quote name='omyard']I think you just answered your own question.[/QUOTE]

I think he wants confirmation from someone who got the game from GF.

I bit on Deus Ex and Red Faction: Armageddon. They look kind of cool and for what amounts to $11.XX each, I'll take the chance. Plus, one of my friends played and loved Deus Ex and he paid $60 for it.

Damn I just bought Catherine new for 30 off Amazon last week. Oh well at least it still came with artbook and soundtrack.

[quote name='Ktraze']trying to buy deux ex: hr for ps3...price isnt 12.99....???[/QUOTE]
I tried as well it's sold out. On Xbox it has a buy price for 12.99 and the Ps3 verison doesn't so I assume it sold out.

L.A. Noire and Captain America for under $15 together was well worth it. I need something to help pass the time before Mass Effect 3!

Damn them. I thought i already got Homefront back already but i couldn't find it so ended up getting

Homefront
Red Faction: Armageddon
Bodycount

In for one Deus Ex on 360. I originally bought the game before I quit PC gaming and switched to Mac, so I've been waiting for a cheap 360 price for re-buy. This is perfect.

Saw No More Heroes for 15 but decided having the first two on Wii was enough.

Decided on Bit Trip Complete because I never played the series (10.50 after coupon)

Got Bodycount. Won't wait to play it since it reviewed so bad. Going to get it...abuse it for 3 days and then trade it for whatever I can get. Could make a small profit back even.

Completely off topic but related to rentals. Any idea what redbox does with their games? They only keep the most recent ones in stock it seems. They must sell them to someone?

Sorry I don't care how cheap these are... After they screwed up my d2d games I'm not spending another cent with these guys.....I guess my irritation is trumping my cheap ass :)

[quote name='pdjones']Catherine is showing up full price- did they just change their minds on this?[/QUOTE]

That's for a new copy. They're OOS of used copies.

For anyone considering L.A. Noire it is a must buy in my opinion. I got it the last Gamefly sale, and just recently started playing it. It is GREAT. Awesome graphics, story and fun gameplay. At this price there is no question. I am bummed I missed out on Catherine, I'd like to get Fear 3 and Crysis 2. The last time I bought Crysis 2 on GF the disc was so scratched. It wouldn't even play. I hope I make out better this time.

Don't wanna burst your bubble, but I had the same amount of fun when I started it, but everything after Homicide just goes downhill.

Very ambitious, but the magic runs out relatively quick.

How are conditions of the games from gamefly? I'm concerned over the condition of th disc, manual and game case might not come together like GameStop.

They couldn't have waited till Friday to put this sale up? :( Ah well..guess Catherine and likely Crysis 2'll wait till another time for me

[quote name='heyheyhey11']How are conditions of the games from gamefly? I'm concerned over the condition of th disc, manual and game case might not come together like GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I've bought PS3 and Wii games from there and the games have been in great shape. If you're buying a popular game that's been in circulation for a while there may be a chance it'll be a bit worn, but the majority of the time they come in really good shape.

Gamefly only rent out the discs, but when you buy the game they mail you the case complete with the manual and any inserts it may have come with.

[quote name='Barney']catherine showing at full price, wtf![/QUOTE]

Only have new copies. Used ones are OOS

[quote name='Tsel']Wow, with my $5 coupon, LA Noire would come out to about $2.50. That's insane.[/QUOTE]
Still would be paying too much, LA Noire isn't worth the amount of time it takes to finish.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Still would be paying too much, LA Noire isn't worth the amount of time it takes to finish.[/QUOTE]
Ya ok if you say. What you want a 10min game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']????[/QUOTE]

He is basically saying "Yeah, whatever... what do you want? A 10 minute game?

L.A. Noire isn't really too long to finish. It takes around 20 hours, depending on how you play. There's probably around 10 hours of play in the DLC if you do all the achievements it has and go back to 5 star all the cases... you can probably squeeze another 10-15 hours out of the game if you do all the achievements in the regular game, including 5 starring all the cases. If you're not a big achievement guy the game won't take an obscene amount of time.

I'm 5 achievements away from 100% completion, DLC and all, and I can say that it's a good game and worth the 7.99. The story is well done and really ties everything together very well while managing to keep each case feeling fresh, at least for the most part. You really have to play it by imagining you are a detective and paying attention to the clues you find and thinking about your case. If you don't want to do that, then the game won't play much like a game. You can't really screw up... even if you get everything wrong you'll still move on to the next case and the game won't let you get certain things wrong. In some respects, it's more of an experience than a game.

Anyway, I paid $60 for it back when it was new and got a $20 Amazon credit, which I used to order a MS points card that I used to buy the Rockstar pass for the DLC. I was happy with it at that price... so $7.99 is a steal.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']How are conditions of the games from gamefly? I'm concerned over the condition of th disc, manual and game case might not come together like GameStop.[/QUOTE]

Of the last 3-4 games I got through Gamefly, all of them had horrible looking marks on the back. That being said, they seem to play alright. I think whatever they use to resurface the discs is what leaves the marks, because they always look the same.

All of the stuff including Catherine is still available through the "Keep" feature: if you're a Gamefly member, just add the game to your queue and hit "Keep" to buy it at the sale price.

If you're considering Gamefly, the cheapest price I've seen is $11/month. (Full disclosure: I get a free month if you sign up thru that link.) Figure that you can rent a new game every week for $2.50 - the plan is actually for two games out at a time - and it looks like a steal compared to Redbox, which is $2 a day. The turnaround time for shipment is 2 or 3 days, so if you subscribe for two months, you can rent 8-12 games assuming your playtime averages a week per game. Not bad for $22.

bread's done
Back