GameFly Used Game Sale: Catherine $15, Deus Ex HR $13, FEAR 3 $10

JamesMc

CAG Newbie
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 2/27.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $6.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:360: Gears of War 2 $7.99
:360: L.A. Noire $7.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.99
:360: Bodycount $8.99
:360: Homefront $8.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $8.99
:360: Tron: Evolution $8.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:360: Catherine $14.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:360: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:360: Mortal Kombat $17.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 $19.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $7.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $7.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:ps3: Hunted: The Demon's Forge $9.99
:ps3: Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole... $9.99
:ps3: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $12.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $12.99
:ps3: El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99
:ps3: FIFA Soccer 11 $12.99
:ps3: Catherine $14.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $14.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99
:ps3: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $17.99
:ps3: Record of Agarest War Zero $17.99
:ps3: Sengoku BASARA Samurai Heroes $17.99

:wii: Thor: God of Thunder $6.99
:wii: Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters $7.99
:wii: Nicktoons MLB $7.99
:wii: Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids $8.99
:wii: Captain America: Super Soldier $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Family Feud 2010 Edition $12.99
:wii: New Carnival Games $12.99
:wii: X-Men: Destiny $12.99
:wii: Bit.Trip Complete $14.99
:wii: Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second... $14.99
:wii: Wipeout $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $17.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $17.99
:wii: Mario Sports Mix $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']picked up deus ex ps3 and dungeon siege iii 360. $24 shipped for both is pretty hard to beat. .wanted 360 catherine to have both versions but something tells me the new price will go down soon and thats one i'd like to keep sealed. great deals, thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

If you're keeping it sealed, how are you going to play it? Won't you also want a copy to play?? Then buying used would seem to make sense, for the to-play copy. Or what am I missing?

With my membership i just received a 5 dollar coupon. So i picked up....

Catherine (XBOX)
DeBlob2 (XBOX)
Xmen Destiny(XBOX)
COJ the cartel(XBOX) for laughs. ;)

all for 43$ freakin love gamefly.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you're keeping it sealed, how are you going to play it? Won't you also want a copy to play?? Then buying used would seem to make sense, for the to-play copy. Or what am I missing?[/QUOTE]

lol u missed where i said "to have both versions." i already have catherine for ps3 and play it... for collection purposes i want the 360 version as well to have both games/covers...would prefer to keep that one sealed.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you're keeping it sealed, how are you going to play it? Won't you also want a copy to play?? Then buying used would seem to make sense, for the to-play copy. Or what am I missing?[/QUOTE]
Maybe he thinks it's gonna be "ZOMG RAREZ" like some other Atlus titles have become. Thing is, Catherine was about as mainstream of a niche title as I've seen, if that even makes any sense.

Case in point: Amazon still has copies of the Love Is Dead(Collectors' Edition) of Catherine for sale, even though it's been sale priced more often than not. In other words, they produced SHITTONS of this game, so it should be fairly easy to find later on.

[quote name='krashhole']Thinking of Deus Ex and Fear 3. Was Fear 3 any good?[/QUOTE]
FEAR 3 is OK. Single player is fairly short. Thinking it would be more fun if you have a buddy to play co op with. I picked it up recently on Target clearance for 13 bucks or so, and I think that price was fair. For ten bucks, yeah. Go for it.

[quote name='MrRosales']Anyone know how long this sale will last? I'd love to pick up Deus Ex but my money is stuck on PayPal atm :whistle2:$[/QUOTE]

I thought I seen in the email it said until the 27th

[quote name='benjamouth']X-Men Destiny (360) is $12.99 with free shipping as well, I know the game is meant to be terrible but for $13.........[/QUOTE]

Ugh, it was barely worth the $4 I spent renting it from Redbox.

However, F3ar for $10... that is tempting.

[quote name='brianace']FEAR 3 is OK. Single player is fairly short. Thinking it would be more fun if you have a buddy to play co op with. I picked it up recently on Target clearance for 13 bucks or so, and I think that price was fair. For ten bucks, yeah. Go for it.[/QUOTE] Do you have to have an online pass?

I was looking to spend the $5 coupon from Gamefly so this sale comes at the right time. I was deciding between Deus Ex or FEAR 3 for PS3, but since I never finished Deus Ex I went with that. $8.40 with tax.

For anyone who may be on the fence, I started L.A. Noire a few days ago and am actually loving it. Didn't expect much going in, but the stories are fun, the investigations are interesting, and it has a satisfyingly mature feel to it (mature, like, they don't treat you like an idiot, not mature as in f bombs flying around for no reason).

I've run into a few odd glitches, and it's certainly not for those who need the run n' gun action pacing of modern shooters. That being said, if you enjoy slower paced story-heavy games once in awhile, you really can't go wrong for $8.

How are you guys getting the $5 coupon? And is the membership woth the $22.95 a month? After trying the Blockbuster mail rental thing, I have stayed away from mail rental because it took so long to get games in. Between that and hearing about games getting lost in the mail and Gamefly charging you for them has made me real Leary

Grabbed Catherine for $15... girlfriend has been wanting to play it for a long time and $15 is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

For everyone interested in X-Men Destiny, see if you've got a Redbox nearby first -- you can get every achievement / trophy in under two days, which will end up being about $3 - $4 on Redbox; not to mention the game has zero replay value.

Its definitely not worth $13.

[quote name='krashhole']How are you guys getting the $5 coupon? And is the membership woth the $22.95 a month? After trying the Blockbuster mail rental thing, I have stayed away from mail rental because it took so long to get games in. Between that and hearing about games getting lost in the mail and Gamefly charging you for them has made me real Leary[/QUOTE]

Every 3 months you are with GF, they issue you a $5 coupon. As for their service: I never had a problem. Games would arrive 2 days after they shipped it and I never once "lost" it in the mail. I was with them for about 7 months last year and 3 months a few years back. No problems.

[quote name='krashhole']Do you have to have an online pass?[/QUOTE]

Short answer: no. The online pass for FEAR 3 gives access to the "F**king RUN" and "Soul King" game modes plus six maps, 3 for each game mode. The "Contractions" mode (a lot like Horde in Gears of War) is always free to play.

[quote name='Luxuria']Every 3 months you are with GF, they issue you a $5 coupon. As for their service: I never had a problem. Games would arrive 2 days after they shipped it and I never once "lost" it in the mail. I was with them for about 7 months last year and 3 months a few years back. No problems.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the information. When new games come out, is there a long list to wait on before getting a new game?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Short answer: no. The online pass for FEAR 3 gives access to the "F**king RUN" and "Soul King" game modes plus six maps, 3 for each game mode. The "Contractions" mode (a lot like Horde in Gears of War) is always free to play.[/QUOTE]
So without the pass you just have that 1 level to play?

[quote name='krashhole']Thanks for the information. When new games come out, is there a long list to wait on before getting a new game?[/QUOTE]

i regularly receive games on release day in the mail (syndicate should arrive today, for example)

dont want to hijack, but there are strategies...

also, you get 10% off games after a year of membership AND if you order 2 games, they generally ship USPS priority and arrive in a couple days. If you buy a single game, they ship media mail and can take a week or up to 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='krashhole']So without the pass you just have that 1 level to play?[/QUOTE]

It's the one mode on six maps (12 maps total with the online pass), so yes.

Think I might bite on:

:360: Captain America: Super Soldier - $8.99
:360: Crysis 2 - $8.99
:360: Mortal Kombat - $16.19

For those wondering, those are the prices after my 10% off.

[quote name='krashhole']How are you guys getting the $5 coupon? And is the membership woth the $22.95 a month? After trying the Blockbuster mail rental thing, I have stayed away from mail rental because it took so long to get games in. Between that and hearing about games getting lost in the mail and Gamefly charging you for them has made me real Leary[/QUOTE]

I received my $5 once I started my 3rd month which is pretty nice. I bought myself a gift certificate for 2 games out for 2 months at cost of $30, at $15 per month its kinda worth it. I wouldnt at $22.95 but thats me.

I used to rent from Blockbuster in store for $15 but now those have closed by me. If you have a Blockbuster close thats still a better deal I believe because you dont lose 1 week in shipping time everytime you want another game from Gamefly.

For those who are interested body count trades in for 11 dollars at best buy and the game is 7.99 in the gamefly sale, combine that with one of their 40% trade in bonus's and you could have a nice flip

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Really wanted cathrine PS3[/QUOTE]

Same here...Hopefully it hits $10 soon. I really want to pick it up at that price. I prefer the PS3 copy. Maybe El Shaddai will drop to that price as well.

Is Captain America worth it? I might just jump on Homefront just for the multiplayer, I had a chance to play it online thru Onlive and it was real fun.

bread's done
Back