GameFly Xbox 360 Daily Deals: Skate 2 $13, GH:WT $10, NFS: U $10, Star Ocean $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_539.jpg[/rightimg]The last of the GameFly Daily Deals, these used games also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Today Deals:
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $19.99
:360: Skate 2 $12.99
:360: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:360: Need for Speed Undercover $9.99
:360: NHL 09 $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit on NHL... I've been wanting 10 for a while, but having missed out on the $20 wrong price at Best Buy plus the fact that I don't follow the NHL too hardcore, I'll go with 09

I remember when i got Skate 2 back in march off ebay for $44... It's hard to get use to the controls as it doesn't do what i want it to do... But for $12 it's worth the trick you didn't want... I'll pick it up for a gift... :D

Do you guys think NHL 09 is worth the 10$ even though NHL 10 has been out for a while. Is there a huge difference between 10' and 09'?

[quote name='NutManIV']Star ocean isn't worth $20.

Everything about it is unbelievably retarded[/QUOTE]
I paid $40 and thought it was worth it, i'm not trying to start an X360 RPG war or nothing but....

Star Ocean 4 > Tales of Vesperia

Went ahead and picked up GH Metallica for $26.something shipped, now I own all of the Guitar Hero titles on 360.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']I paid $40 and thought it was worth it, i'm not trying to start an X360 RPG war or nothing but....

Star Ocean 4 > Tales of Vesperia

Went ahead and picked up GH Metallica for $26.something shipped, now I own all of the Guitar Hero titles on 360.[/QUOTE]

I have never played a Tales game. I paid $60 for Star Ocean and regret it. The story is really terrible, and the voice acting sucks all the time. It's not even the "Haha this is pretty bad" stuff, it's just groan inducing shit and full of anime cliches.

I couldn't get myself past Disc 2.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Star Ocean has me interested. But I might wait until it hits $15. I can wait because I have too many other games.

Still...man, I'm tempted.[/QUOTE]
Yeah man, I'm sooooo tempted to get SO too, but I just got Tales of Vesperia and haven't even opened it yet. But for $20, seeems like such a good deal...
I'd wait for the PS3 version but a price drop on that isn't going to be for a longgggg time.

[quote name='phoenix529']Awesome.

Gamefly feeds us crap for two weeks, waits until I'm flat broke, and hits with both GH:WT AND NFS:U.

Thanks, Gamefly. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

??? isn't it the other way around.

RE5/FNR4/UFC/Riddick, and now this. heh.

Is NHL 09' worth the 10$, is it that much of a difference between 09' and 10'? I haven't played either, I've heard only but good things about 09' though. Anyone who has played it, is it worth 10$ even though it has been out for a long time, and the newer version has been out for a while too?

[quote name='CaptainCool4']Is NHL 09' worth the 10$, is it that much of a difference between 09' and 10'? I haven't played either, I've heard only but good things about 09' though. Anyone who has played it, is it worth 10$ even though it has been out for a long time, and the newer version has been out for a while too?[/QUOTE]

I just bought NHL 10 at best buy for 19.99 and its easily one of the best sports games ive played in years.

So if 09 is anything like it, its gotta be awesome.

(I would check your local best buy and see if you could find nhl 10 for 19.99 still, but its incredibly unlikely that its still up)

[quote name='dcm1602']I just bought NHL 10 at best buy for 19.99 and its easily one of the best sports games ive played in years.

So if 09 is anything like it, its gotta be awesome.

(I would check your local best buy and see if you could find nhl 10 for 19.99 still, but its incredibly unlikely that its still up)[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot, wow that is a great price for NHL 10', was that a pricing mistake on Best Buy's part, or a deal of some sort?

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Yeah man, I'm sooooo tempted to get SO too, but I just got Tales of Vesperia and haven't even opened it yet. But for $20, seeems like such a good deal...
I'd wait for the PS3 version but a price drop on that isn't going to be for a longgggg time.[/QUOTE]
Argh! The PS3 version is supposed to have one extra playable character but is that really worth $40 more? On the other hand, I don't have enough room to install both discs to my 360 hard drive (only 20GB) and if I don't it will play like shit. Don't know what to do...

[quote name='CaptainCool4']Thanks alot, wow that is a great price for NHL 10', was that a pricing mistake on Best Buy's part, or a deal of some sort?[/QUOTE]

Yep it was supposed to be NHL 2K10 but the sign said NHL 10. It was a national mistake not just a local thing.

OK, I've officially been buying way too many games lately. I could have sworn I already ordered SO4 from somewhere, but I can't find it or a record of buying it. I need to stay away from this site for a month and catch up on my ridiculous backlog.

Your the man CheapyD im picking up GHWT for only 9 George Washingtons. With the $ i saved ill be able to make it rain this weekend YES.

[quote name='mxpowar']Argh! The PS3 version is supposed to have one extra playable character but is that really worth $40 more? On the other hand, I don't have enough room to install both discs to my 360 hard drive (only 20GB) and if I don't it will play like shit. Don't know what to do...[/QUOTE]

It also has English and Japanese voiceovers if i remember correctly. And probably more.

[quote name='Kaltic']It also has English and Japanese voiceovers if i remember correctly. And probably more.[/QUOTE]
And probably no infernal disc swapping. But I'm caving and getting the 360 version anyway. Every time I've gotten the souped-up, extra $$$ PS3 version of a game (Bioshock, Eternal Sonata) I've been disappointed.

[quote name='Kaltic']It also has English and Japanese voiceovers if i remember correctly. And probably more.[/QUOTE]

To be perfectly fair, that's not a new feature. The 360 version has both Japanese and English voices unless I'm completely hallucinating. But I put 350 hours into the game so... I shouldn't be wrong on this lol.

In for GHWT. Owned it before, but traded it in. I have pretty much chosen RB > GH for my music game of choice since I'm put so much money into dlc, but this is a good price to finish off the careers and then trade in again for about this much after promo.

I've wanted to get SO, but $20 is still too much considering I have way too many other games to play. Still tempting though

[quote name='PDJ']I've wanted to get SO, but $20 is still too much considering I have way too many other games to play. Still tempting though[/QUOTE]

Its a decent game, im stuck at the final area since somehow the enemies out level me even after taking time, leveling up throughout most of the game.

Awesome, I have been wanting to play the Skate games for a while now. I really liked the demos, but never got around to picking either of them up.

[quote name='gwill']Gamefly kind of hates PS3, huh?[/QUOTE]

I think it's because PS3 has a smaller installed base then 360.
So Gamefly probably stocks less PS3 titles and therefore has less games to clear out for these sales.

Anyone have a theory on this???

Becuase I want some more PS3 love too... I heard Need for Speed: Undercover stinks but i picked it up anyway.

I'm a sucker for Maggie Q. LOL.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']I'm sure you can grab SO at that price new in a few months. Skate 2 looks tempting though.[/QUOTE]

If you can find a Kmart with Star Ocean, they sell them new for 14.97. I found one last week, but it was their last copy.

So is Skate 2 open-world? I love sandbox games.

As for Star Ocean, I'd love to grab it but I'm so knee deep in Dragon Age right now it would sit around unplayed for months or a year at least. Hopefully Gamefly drops it to $15 or less in the coming weeks. Then I'll jump on it.

Unless I can find it at Kmart on clearance, I haven't looked yet.

In for Star Ocean and Skate 2. Seriously, this site needs to stop. Do they actually expect me to pass up on some of these great deals? If they do, then they are wrong! :D

That'll be it for me for the year though. My backlog looks like a town library at this point.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Would jump on Star Ocean, but the PS3 version is coming out in February with additional stuff.[/QUOTE]Same here.

bread's done
Back