GameFly Xbox 360 Daily Deals: Skate 2 $13, GH:WT $10, NFS: U $10, Star Ocean $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_539.jpg[/rightimg]The last of the GameFly Daily Deals, these used games also include free shipping. GameFly's used games come complete with case and manual and are usually in excellent condition. These deals will expire at 6AM PST on Wednesday.

Today Deals:
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $19.99
:360: Skate 2 $12.99
:360: Guitar Hero World Tour $9.99
:360: Need for Speed Undercover $9.99
:360: NHL 09 $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved Skate and have been waiting for a Skate 2 price drop for months now. This is probably as low as it will get for a long time, picked it up. Gamefly never disappoints.

It seems like a lot of the Gamefly sales are from titles w/ either new versions coming out, or w/ new sequels coming out early next year. Sounds like they're trying to clear inventory of games that'll be worthless after the new one is released.

I just received my copy of Grid last night... it was scratched just like Fear 2. Ugh. I'm only assuming that RE5 will show up scratched as well? They may play, i havent had time to check yet... but it always seems like if games are even slightly scratched the 360 has a problem reading them. Considering sending them back. Lame.

I guess i signed onto the gamefly deals bandwagon a little late... first i saw was the sale with RE5 in it?

I have GH5 but went ahead and picked up GH:WT just for the Tool songs/stage. haha I used to be a big fan in highschool and skipped from GH1 to GH5 and then realized the tool songs are in GH:WT. Will i be able to import these into GH5? Also, the trippy stage stuff? Prob not that part eh...? Ahh well.

[quote name='splattered']I just received my copy of Grid last night... it was scratched just like Fear 2. Ugh. I'm only assuming that RE5 will show up scratched as well? They may play, i havent had time to check yet... but it always seems like if games are even slightly scratched the 360 has a problem reading them. Considering sending them back. Lame.[/QUOTE]

If your Xbox has a hard drive you could try installing them. If the installation completes 100% then you should be good, if not then you know that the game needs to go back. That only takes about 10 minutes to do instead of playing the game for hours and then realizing that the disc is messed up at a certain point.

I don't pay attention at all to the "installing vs. not installing" debate, and I just install everything to the HD before I play it. Solves a lot of worry, especially with these used games. However, I've been lucky and they all look pretty good.

Just got Phantom Brave Wii from one of last week's deals. Came with absolutely everything (slip cover and art CD, too) and the game disc looked brand new. I guess it was never rented. By far the closest thing to "pristine" outside of DS games I've ever gotten from them.

[quote name='splattered']I just received my copy of Grid last night... it was scratched just like Fear 2. Ugh. I'm only assuming that RE5 will show up scratched as well? They may play, i havent had time to check yet... but it always seems like if games are even slightly scratched the 360 has a problem reading them. Considering sending them back. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Install the game to the hard drive on the 360. If the install passes, it's okay. If it does not, then the scratch is too much. Be sure to do this before claiming the disc is bad. I've seen discs that are scratched like crazy work fine and a pristine disc not even recognized by the 360.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Would jump on Star Ocean, but the PS3 version is coming out in February with additional stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if we'll see the PS3 version of Star Ocean in this same predicament next year. The game has barely been out 10 months and already $20 used (albeit a used SALE, but it was $25 or so on Amazon during their Countdown to BF). I rented it back in March when my brother lent me his 360, and it was decent.

I'm torn whether to bite on this so I can finish the game, but I have a feeling if I wait a year (not like there aren't going to be tons of games released just in Q1 next year) the PS3 version is going to be sold somewhere, new or used, for $20-30. It does seem like GF has been doing a lot of this, as someone else pointed out; they're clearing a lot of old stock for games that are going to have either sequels or improved versions released in the near future.

Hopefully the GF Christmas sale will have more Wii/DS/PS3 games though. They had some good'uns here, but not much as a Wii/PS3 owner that I didn't already own.

[quote name='Dmanx04']Gf isnt gonna have any more deals like this?[/QUOTE]
They usually have a year end sale around Christmas with more deals. Daily deal wise, I believe this is the last.

[quote name='voidedx']Install the game to the hard drive on the 360. If the install passes, it's okay. If it does not, then the scratch is too much. Be sure to do this before claiming the disc is bad. I've seen discs that are scratched like crazy work fine and a pristine disc not even recognized by the 360.[/QUOTE]

Not always a sure fire method, but I still recommend it w/ every used game. My GTAIV disc from gamefly has zero scratches, and passes 100% on disc install. Still sometimes when playing I get a dirty disc error. Never the same part though, but I'm assuming it has to do w/ the los santos radio station.

That's weird, my 360 seems to play even though some of the used deals I get look like they were abused beyond belief. Try installing to see if they are fine throughout, that's what I do.

I'm not sure how scratched up you are talking about though, I just got a game from them with chips on the edges but it installed fine so even though I hate imperfect games I'll keep it for the price.

Glad these deals are over. My GF hasn't said anything about the constant stream of games being delivered (which I have no time to play btw, sucks!)

So say I ordered two pre-owned games to buy at aprox. 4 PM EST today and selected express shipping ; would I be getting my games tomorrow?

I'm sorry for your luck. I just got my FNR2 and Grid and they were both basically like they'd never even been played. Grid might as well have had shrink wrap on it when I opened it.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Not always a sure fire method, but I still recommend it w/ every used game. My GTAIV disc from gamefly has zero scratches, and passes 100% on disc install. Still sometimes when playing I get a dirty disc error. Never the same part though, but I'm assuming it has to do w/ the los santos radio station.[/QUOTE]

Thats just the laser in ur 360 messing up. Ive had 11 360 total and 2 of them would always get disk read errors on some games randomly and "rarely" once i got a good working 360 tho the issues vanished. Disk read errors = 360 errors. unless the disc are faulty and wont install

[quote name='jaydepps']Anyone here think Star Ocean is worth $20? I've never played any of the series before.[/QUOTE]

Once you get past the camera IMO yes it is.

[quote name='chimpster1313']I'm sorry for your luck. I just got my FNR2 and Grid and they were both basically like they'd never even been played. Grid might as well have had shrink wrap on it when I opened it.[/QUOTE]

Bad luck is right.

The game case/manuals/etc for all the games were in perfect condition but all three games were scratched up. I just got RE5 tonight and its scratched AND has some chips taken out of the side lik someone hit it against a table? Small chips, but still. Wtf. Now i got GH:WT and SK2 coming and i going to assume they will be scratched as well. Man... i usually have GOOD luck in general. Lame! *cries*

[quote name='splattered']Bad luck is right.

The game case/manuals/etc for all the games were in perfect condition but all three games were scratched up. I just got RE5 tonight and its scratched AND has some chips taken out of the side lik someone hit it against a table? Small chips, but still. Wtf. Now i got GH:WT and SK2 coming and i going to assume they will be scratched as well. Man... i usually have GOOD luck in general. Lame! *cries*[/QUOTE]

Only time I ever had a problem with a gamefly purchase I emailed them and they had refunded the cash to my credit card the very next day.

Theyre usually good with that

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Yeah, all 7 of my games I ordered from them are scratched to hell, just buffed.[/QUOTE]

Like i said gamefly Used is USED and untested! You might get lucky and geta good deal? but it looks to me they are just sending faulty disc with there new cases and hoping parents give them as gifts. lol

They pay for return shipping and soon as the fedex guy picked my package up i got a refund but its just to much trouble to waste unless its a super great deal then u can try and get lucky.

Out of 4 xbox 360 games I have recieved 3 have been in really good shape, 1 had a few scratches on it but it installed to my HDD just fine.

[quote name='Xenokai']Like i said gamefly Used is USED and untested! You might get lucky and geta good deal? but it looks to me they are just sending faulty disc with there new cases and hoping parents give them as gifts. lol

They pay for return shipping and soon as the fedex guy picked my package up i got a refund but its just to much trouble to waste unless its a super great deal then u can try and get lucky.[/QUOTE]

Trouble to waste ?

Send them an email and you just have to reseal the package and drop it off at the post office. Easily worth the trouble to get a good deal

I would LOVE to buy skate 2 at that price - even 20$.... but I only have the ps3.....

it was on sale a while ago but I regretfully didn't buy it...
Its sold out now on gamefly... would appreciate buying it

It depends on how the light hits the disc. At first glance, it looks good. But tilt that son of a bitch in the light and you will see a bevy of scratches. Go ahead, try it. They trick you.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Odd. I've never had a hard time with any of my discs from Gamefly. And I've bought a lot from them.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it matters if you are considered a paying member vs not being one or were one but no longer. I could see a company saying to make sure to send out the best to current members.

I have received three games, two with some minor scratching and one with some chips out of the edge but all play and install fine. I used to be a member but that was a long time ago.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Maybe it matters if you are considered a paying member vs not being one or were one but no longer. I could see a company saying to make sure to send out the best to current members.

I have received three games, two with some minor scratching and one with some chips out of the edge but all play and install fine. I used to be a member but that was a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

That makes complete sense. My problem with GameFly is that I really don't just borrow a game for say a week and then return it. I'm not like that. I seriously just played NHL 08 and MW1 on my PS3 for a whole year and didn't have any problems/boring/etc. Why? Because I'm usually on the MP. A week of MP (not even the SP) is enough for me. Therefore, I can't justify the price tag of having a membership on GameFly. The deals are pretty good, but there are barely any PS3 deals on that part.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']Maybe it matters if you are considered a paying member vs not being one or were one but no longer. I could see a company saying to make sure to send out the best to current members.

I have received three games, two with some minor scratching and one with some chips out of the edge but all play and install fine. I used to be a member but that was a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

I also used to be a member, but mine were in perfect condition...

[quote name='sandman8288']I also used to be a member, but mine were in perfect condition...[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're part of the minority.

When you look at it as a whole and compare, the "non-members" might be the ones that usually receive the discs with scratches etc. On the other hand.... you know where I'm going with this.

I'm a 3-year member and I get a lot (10% or more) of bad disks, and I'm not counting the ones that are scratched up but work fine. It's just luck of the draw that the last renter didn't trash the disk and during big sales like this they tend to have more problems (in my experience).

In addition to being a longtime member, I've bought at least 65 games from them over the years so I seriously doubt they're saving the working games for the best customers.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Odd. I've never had a hard time with any of my discs from Gamefly. And I've bought a lot from them.[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='Fire_Thief']It depends on how the light hits the disc. At first glance, it looks good. But tilt that son of a bitch in the light and you will see a bevy of scratches. Go ahead, try it. They trick you.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you are exactly right.

Just glance at em and they look fine, but tilt them and you can tell they've been buffed smoother but theyre still really scratched and apparently sometimes chipped... which doesnt make a damn bit of sense to me. Why would a game be chipped on the edges?

[quote name='splattered']Yep, you are exactly right.

Just glance at em and they look fine, but tilt them and you can tell they've been buffed smoother but theyre still really scratched and apparently sometimes chipped... which doesnt make a damn bit of sense to me. Why would a game be chipped on the edges?[/QUOTE]

You guys got screwed over.

But anyways, do the scratches really matter if they're BARELY visible, unless you shine it in the light? You're paying for used anyways.

Just got my GRID i the mail today, yet again another excellent condition Xbox360 game. I'm really glad I got in on these deals, thanks again Cheapy!

I've never been a member and the 4 games I got were perfect.

Only thing was the Riddick 360 case had a crack in the back near the top of it (like somebody stepped on it type of thing) but no big deal for a 9.99 game to have the case/manual.

edit - BTW are these the last deals? or are others coming

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I've ever had with the more than 10 games I've bought off of GF was that my Halo Wars case was cracked. No problem in my eyes. Hopefully my NHL comes in tomorrow!

Just got my Resident Evil 5 in today. Disc is flawless, case has security strip still on it and it even came with the 48 hour trial. I'm impressed.

[quote name='Sweetbabyjezuz']
edit - BTW are these the last deals? or are others coming[/QUOTE]

These were the last set of deals until their annual end of the year sale.

bread's done
Back