GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

[quote name='sandman007']Just registered. Thanks for the offer!

username: sandman007[/quote]

I have your account comped Sandman. Have fun and hopefully make some $$ with it :)

[quote name='Purkeynator']For a frame of reference, if anyone wants to know: I sold a Kirby SuperStar Ultra this week on ebay. After the fees and the mandatory Paypal fees, ebay took 21%[/quote]

That is unfreaking believeable :hot:

Just listed like 5 items, it's beautiful seeing "Total Fees from the auction - NONE" as I'm about to list it :)

One thing I would recommend (and I don't know how feasible this is) is to give the lister the option to list multiple shipping costs, for example, so that I could for example, give the buyer the option to get 1st Class Shipping for say $3, or upgrade to Priority Mail and charge say $5. Other than that, great site, and everything seems very intuitive and fast as far as listing stuff goes.

[quote name='ZForce']Just listed like 5 items, it's beautiful seeing "Total Fees from the auction - NONE" as I'm about to list it :)

One thing I would recommend (and I don't know how feasible this is) is to give the lister the option to list multiple shipping costs, for example, so that I could for example, give the buyer the option to get 1st Class Shipping for say $3, or upgrade to Priority Mail and charge say $5. Other than that, great site, and everything seems very intuitive and fast as far as listing stuff goes.[/quote]

I have been keeping track of many things that would improve the site and will keep these suggestions as well for future enhancements. I see you have kind of set up your homepage a bit. Good going with the link !!

Glad you like the listing process. It is FAST !! And relisting items is super fast to. Instantly relist an unlimited amount of items in seconds. You may have noticed you can run your auctions for up to 10 days which is what I do with items so if I need to relist, I am not doing it as much.

I hope you all will start getting some bids. I think my appearance on Coin-Op TV next Thursday will bring in a good dose of new traffic as well. So if you are planning on listing things, now to next week would be good :)

If you've got any left, just joined under name LordKefka :)

I sold a bunch of items on ebay and they probably took $100 of the 900 I made. And that was listings and final value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been away from eBay for a while, and the difference in policies from a few years ago is suprising. I've registered on the wagon under typerion.

[quote name='somegamer']I've been away from eBay for a while, and the difference in policies from a few years ago is suprising. I've registered on the wagon under typerion.[/quote]

Got you comped. Hope you try some listings :) Thanks,

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']If you've got any left, just joined under name LordKefka :)

I sold a bunch of items on ebay and they probably took $100 of the 900 I made. And that was listings and final value.[/quote]

Your are in My Lord. Use the Chuckwagon wisely, you will :)

[quote name='doughazelwood']I am interested in a lifetime seller account. Just registered under the name garetjax.[/quote]

Got ya comped in the Chuckwagon. Thanks for joining:applause:

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']We have six more comped free memberships left. Then they are gone :)[/QUOTE]

Just signed up. I'll check it out.

[quote name='lolwut?']Hey man, sounds good, I have a few gaming things to list. Are there reserves you can set?

My userid: lolwut[/quote]

Yep. Just like Ebay only free if you sign up :)

signed up this afternoon, sounds like a helluva deal as far as the comped membership goes

signed up as Tex317

[quote name='chev317']signed up this afternoon, sounds like a helluva deal as far as the comped membership goes[/quote]

What was your username on the Chuckwagon Chev? Don't remember you coming in yet? LMK.

sorry Chuck forgot to post it, i signed up as Tex317...i also edited my post just in case, thanks

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Free auctions heading your way. You are comped in. Enjoy ![/QUOTE]

Great, got a brand new Wii Fit that I've been meaning to get up somewhere.

[quote name='chev317']signed up this afternoon, sounds like a helluva deal as far as the comped membership goes

signed up as Tex317[/quote]

Ok. Found ya. Your account is now set to free free free !

[quote name='spidey193']Sounds cool, I'll definitely check it out. I'd love a lifetime membership, just registered as spidey193.[/quote]

Got ya comped Spidey. Thanks !!

[quote name='lolwut?']Thanks man, just saw it.

Did I make it for one of the last 6 slots?[/quote]

Ya made it. I need to go see if we hit our # yet ?? Getting close to ending this thing for now :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Ya made it. I need to go see if we hit our # yet ?? Getting close to ending this thing for now :)[/quote]

Awesome. I'll list a couple things tonight, and I will definitely spread the word about this site.

Thanks again man

I am down for a Lifetime Seller account if there any left and thanks for the tip OP site looks nice!

[quote name='MrX']I am down for a Lifetime Seller account if there any left and thanks for the tip OP site looks nice![/quote]

One left better grab it :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']One left better grab it :)[/quote]

Signed up with username of MrX

We hit our 25 Free Memberships. I want to thank all you Cheap Ass Gamers for registering on the Chuckwagon.

Your memberships will entitle all of you to free auctions, but the one thing that will be enforced is the use of Featured Homepage and Featured Category listings. These must be used for only your best items as we don't want to flood these area with common items -- kind of like they are now. I am sifting through that as we speak.

Also, I ask that you guys try and promote the site whenever and whereever you are able within reason. At least in the forum areas where you can promote your Ebay or Chuckwagon auctions. And if you use other forums tell everyone there about us as well.

We are growing very fast and have a great community growing and I believe we are the single most successful video game dedicated auction site to attempt to go up against Ebay.

Keep in mind that you need to try and self promote your items whenever possible and we have Seller Tools to help you do that. Login to your members area, click on Seller Tools and look around a bit. You will see everything from bulk listing instructions (more info on that in our forums), homepage set up and Lists for Promotions (Great Tool - HINT HINT).

If any of you have any quesitons regarding the site you can PM me right here or email me directly at [email protected].

As indicated, I will be on CoinOP TV next Thursday and will be using that to spread the word even more. So I am trying to get a ton of listings going during the end of next week so when new people come on they see lots going on, which there is :)

Thanks again to all of you !! :applause: And you can count on the Chuckwagon to be around a helluva long time.

For those of you going to be listing some things be aware of our monthly listing contests and we also have a member running a great listing contest for some good prizes to help us load up listings before next Thursday -- Check and join our forums to keep up to date on the contests and promotions. There is real $$ at stake every month: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really glad I read this after the 25. LOL

Here's a question though. Are internatiobnal sellers able to sign up, or is this site available for sign-ups only within North America?
I live in Japan.

[quote name='dv8mad']I'm really glad I read this after the 25. LOL

Here's a question though. Are internatiobnal sellers able to sign up, or is this site available for sign-ups only within North America?
I live in Japan.[/quote]

The Chuckwagon is open to everyone whereever you live. We actually have quite an International community growing with some from Japan, Austrailie, All over Europe, Canada, etc.

For those of you who missed out on this, no worries, the Chuckwagon is still significantly cheaper than Ebay and you can see we have a nice community growing and more and more buyer and seller traffic every day.

It is free of course to register, and there are no listing fees so we are only paid if your item sells or if you use our cheap listing enhancements. And our selling fees don't even come close to Ebay (we use a straight forward 3-2-1 %). No photo upload fees, free seller storefronts/homepages and lots more.

So keep signing up and get some listings going to try things out. If they don't sell, you can relist for free so you are not getting dinged everytime you list or relist. It's a beautiful thing.

Support your fellow Cheap Ass Gamers and bid on some of their items :)

I know many of them have listings running right now that they will hopefully be promoting in this forum to let you all know.

[quote name='dv8mad']I'm really glad I read this after the 25. LOL

I live in Japan.[/quote]

Dang, you guys are making this tough :) Ok if you want to sign up I will comp you in :) We need more of you from Japan to sign up anyway, spread the word over there :lol:

[quote name='Layziebones']I just registered as

Ionic_Gaming

You are out of memberships already, right?[/quote]

I comped you in Ionic. Like I said feeling generous today :bouncy:

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']I comped you in Ionic. Like I said feeling generous today :bouncy:[/quote]

Thanks!

I'll add your link to my site a little later today.

For payment, are sellers required to accept Paypal or how do buyrs normally pay?

[quote name='Layziebones']Thanks!

I'll add your link to my site a little later today.

For payment, are sellers required to accept Paypal or how do buyrs normally pay?[/quote]

We do have Paypal as an imbedded payment option in our invoice system (I know I wish there were other options too). But you have to set that in your preferences area - - login to members area, click on seller tools and along right side of page you will see a preferences area where it asks for your paypal payment address. Then it will imbed a Paypal button right in your invoice to your buyers. But you can use what ever other method you want (Google Checkout, etc). Otherwise you can accept money orders, cashier's checks, whatever you want. It's a free world right ?? :)

[quote name='kcreject']Joined as kcreject, how much are the seller accounts?[/quote]

I have given away some seller accounts free, but I have to be done with that for now. Oh, crap , I will comp you in as well. So your account is free -

but you will have to be the last one :) Ok. Your account is now comped.

bread's done
Back