GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

I don't particularly like Vid-Bid.com any better than ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, but I think it would be a better choice. It would definitely be more memorable for people who never heard of the Chase The Chuckwagon game. I think VidBid.com would be even better, but it seems someone else already registered that name.

Hey Mike,
Personally I much prefer ChaseTheChuckWagon. It's easier to remember than Vid-Bid. Many people might not remember if it's Vid-Bid, VidBid, or some other variation. If someone else is using VidBid, I think that would cause too much confusion. As far as the obscure reference, who cares? Does anyone really know what "ebay" actually refers to? I think the "old school" appeal will pay off, as older gamers generally have more money to spend.

Also, the site is working great so far on my end! I have already had a couple sales and I noticed "socalmike" had even bid on a couple of my items. Once again, thanks for the free account.

Note: If anyone is interested I have an auction running right now for the rare PS1 game Brigandine. Feel free to check out any of my other auctions if you like, my CTCW username is garetjax.

[quote name='doughazelwood']Hey Mike,
Personally I much prefer ChaseTheChuckWagon. It's easier to remember than Vid-Bid. Many people might not remember if it's Vid-Bid, VidBid, or some other variation. If someone else is using VidBid, I think that would cause too much confusion. As far as the obscure reference, who cares? Does anyone really know what "ebay" actually refers to? I think the "old school" appeal will pay off, as older gamers generally have more money to spend.

Also, the site is working great so far on my end! I have already had a couple sales and I noticed "socalmike" had even bid on a couple of my items. Once again, thanks for the free account.

Note: If anyone is interested I have an auction running right now for the rare PS1 game Brigandine. Feel free to check out any of my other auctions if you like, my CTCW username is garetjax.[/quote]

I agree 100% and have been getting the same response from others so it will not be changing ever. I may use both in some instances but that's it.

Also I am in negotiations with a popular online reseller to sell these memberships (either a lifetime or yearly) shortly and if this ends up working out would generate lots of buzz and also bring lots more members into the marketplace.

I am glad you are getting some bids. Ya, I threw a bid in on your Brigandine but it looks like it's going to keep going higher :)

Glad you like the site !!

Still waiting for people to bid on my stuff, but at least I don't have to worry about continuing to pay to relist them each time :)

Hey Mike,
One other request, or maybe I am just overlooking this. Is there a "printer version" for the invoices? A regular screen print of the invoice page takes two printer sheets and uses colored ink. It would be great if this could be compacted a little, or have a printer version offered, that way a copy could be easily included with the item as it's mailed out. I am mailing my first sale out and just noticed this. Thanks!!

[quote name='doughazelwood']Hey Mike,
One other request, or maybe I am just overlooking this. Is there a "printer version" for the invoices? A regular screen print of the invoice page takes two printer sheets and uses colored ink. It would be great if this could be compacted a little, or have a printer version offered, that way a copy could be easily included with the item as it's mailed out. I am mailing my first sale out and just noticed this. Thanks!![/quote]

That's a good suggestion and I will keep it in mind when I get my developer to make some more future changes. How do you like the site so far?

[quote name='doughazelwood']Everything is great. Just got my first feedback![/quote]

Hey Congrats on that. It's amazing to look through the users and see all the many feedbacks everyone is accumulating. That is proof to everyone there is lots of activity going on.

Click on my Feedback and look at all the feedback of the other members. It's pretty asonishing I think.

Here's a link to my Chuckwagon Homepage. Click View Feedback and check out.

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/socalmike/

[quote name='newlu']sold my first item![/quote]

Sweet. I hope it all worked out for you. You will be suprised how fast the feedbacks start adding up if you can use the site with some regularity. I know a few other here are having some initial success as well.

And for those of you who got in on the Free Seller deal, I hope you can try and get a few items listed. You can't sell if you don't list :)

Hey there....I'm thinking about trying this...as an ebayer that pretty much sold only video games on ebay I am amazed ay how much worse it has gotten. I think I'll give it a go

[quote name='dafunkk12']Sounds like a great offer, so please count me in! I'm not a career eBay seller, so you certainly won't lose much money from me for the occasional items I have to sell. I always seem to forget about eBay's discounted listing days, so this will likely help me move items more regularly.[/QUOTE]

me to please

I just wanted to tell everyone about Dawdle.com I was on chasethechuckwagon for a few months, but I barely sold anything, so what good is a low fee if it's never collected? Anyways, dawdle has worked out so far, I've already made 50 bucks. :applause:

clarence

[quote name='solidsnake871']I just wanted to tell everyone about Dawdle.com I was on chasethechuckwagon for a few months, but I barely sold anything, so what good is a low fee if it's never collected? Anyways, dawdle has worked out so far, I've already made 50 bucks. :applause:

clarence[/QUOTE]

Just checked out Dawdle, and well...

http://www.dawdle.com/search.php/1/1/Platform=Xbox_360

Look at the prices for the 360's? That's pathetic.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just checked out Dawdle, and well...

http://www.dawdle.com/search.php/1/1/Platform=Xbox_360

Look at the prices for the 360's? That's pathetic.[/quote]

Yeah, because it's so easy to list, some people just list at absurd prices just to see what happens. Pretty easy to ignore them, since you can name your own price by making a StandingOffer. There are some decent deals on 360 games, though: http://www.dawdle.com/search.php/1/1/Platform=Xbox_360/Price=LessThan25

Either way, this is Chase's thread, and I'll back off. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

[quote name='solidsnake871']I just wanted to tell everyone about Dawdle.com I was on chasethechuckwagon for a few months, but I barely sold anything, so what good is a low fee if it's never collected? Anyways, dawdle has worked out so far, I've already made 50 bucks. :applause:

clarence[/QUOTE]

I don't show a Clarence registered on the Chuckwagon?

Here are some hard #'s in our forum. But our site mirrors eBay to a T. Rare or more desireable items are selling great, while common items may have to be relisted before selling. Since there are no listing fees, it's really not a big deal. Look at how many things go unsold on Ebay each day. It would blow your mind.

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=17

So far we are holding our own. And registrations are on the up. Signed up over 253 new members in Nov. so far alone. And all our auctions will soon be fed through http://www.oodle classified site in the next 1-2 weeks when our feed gets set up so that will bring more buyers in. And we have a couple large relationships we are working on that could take the site main stream in a big hurry. In 9 months we've come a long way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today we have passed another milestone by having our 1,500th member register (and having a recored month with 282 signups so far). We have also surpassed $50,000 in auction sales this week. Thanks to everyone for helping us become the most successful video game dedicated auction site to take on Ebay. :applause:

On another note, I have had many members express interest in me starting another auction site to sell everything else. I have given it alot of thought and I am excited to tell everyone, within 7-10 days a new site will be launched where you can all sell everything else. Details are forth coming, but at the least your current Chuckwagon registration will carry over to the new site as well and you can jump back and forth between them using your exisitng user ID and password. If you are set up with a Seller Membership this will carry over to the new site so you can continue selling for free over there as well :) Of course, the new site will feature our same low cost fee structure as on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. A formal announcement will be made here once the site is launched.

Vendoogle.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']On another note, I have had many members express interest in me starting another auction site to sell everything else. I have given it alot of thought and I am excited to tell everyone, within 7-10 days a new site will be launched where you can all sell everything else. Details are forth coming, but at the least your current Chuckwagon registration will carry over to the new site as well and you can jump back and forth between them using your exisitng user ID and password. If you are set up with a Seller Membership this will carry over to the new site so you can continue selling for free over there as well :) Of course, the new site will feature our same low cost fee structure as on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. A formal announcement will be made here once the site is launched.[/quote]

Wooo Hooo Hooo! :whee:

Says the guy who has yet to put anything up for sale.:lol:
I'm working on it.;)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Today we have passed another milestone by having our 1,500th member register (and having a recored month with 282 signups so far). We have also surpassed $50,000 in auction sales this week. Thanks to everyone for helping us become the most successful video game dedicated auction site to take on Ebay. :applause:

On another note, I have had many members express interest in me starting another auction site to sell everything else. I have given it alot of thought and I am excited to tell everyone, within 7-10 days a new site will be launched where you can all sell everything else. Details are forth coming, but at the least your current Chuckwagon registration will carry over to the new site as well and you can jump back and forth between them using your exisitng user ID and password. If you are set up with a Seller Membership this will carry over to the new site so you can continue selling for free over there as well :) Of course, the new site will feature our same low cost fee structure as on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. A formal announcement will be made here once the site is launched.

Vendoogle.jpg
[/quote]

That is absolutely awsome to hear! :applause:

I have all kinds of random stuff to sell I didn't want to list on ebay. May be time to finally put that lifetime seller account to good use!

As always, I see it as my duty to keep doing what I can as the owner of ChaseTheChuckwagon.com, to keep driving buyer traffic to the site to bid on your items.

I have just finished our newest feature of the Chuckwagon which is a daily feed, which feeds 1,000 (soon to be 3,000) of our auction items through a new classified site started by some ex-Ebay Brass - http://www.oodle.com. They are growing very fast and have lots of traffic and are competing with craigslist on the classifieds front.

To see some of our feeds in action go to oodle and search for Intellivision. Scroll through the listings and you will now see some ChaseTheCHuckwagon.com auctions appearing.

This will work for all our items and will instantly bring more traffic to the Chuckwagon.

I hope this makes some of you feel better about listing on the site. We are growing fast and the # of bids and % of items getting sold is on the rise.

And we are very close to launching our Auction Site to sell all your other stuff so stay tuned for a pending announcement on Vendoogle.com.

What's Old Is New Again On . . . .

Vendoogle.jpg

Vendoogle.com is Launched & Live! If you are registered on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com then you are already registered on Vendoogle.com. All feedback and discount levels (if you are fortunate to have bought or won a Lifetime Seller Membership) will transfer to the new site so you can start listing and selling right away.

A Chuckwagon memberwide email went out with all the details. Two great sites, only one registration. That's what it's all about.

http://www.Vendoogle.com

[quote name='Sulik2']I just registered as Sulik2 on the site. The site looks very promising I can't wait to start using it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for joining and hope you enjoy buying and selling on the chuckwagon and Vendoogle :)

At the recommondation from many of our members and also a trademark attorney, I have changed the name from Vendoogle.com to Vendazzle.com. Our new logo is below and the site will changed over very soon.

vendazzlelogo.jpg

Vendazzle.com is now live and as a reminder, if you are already registered in ChaseTheChuckwagon.com you are already registered in Vendazzle.com.

For those of you who scored Free Seller Memberships on the Chuckwagon this will also transfer over to the new site as well.

AnotherStereotype and I have been looking to start somewhat of a storefront for all of our recent finds and some backlog out of our personal collection. After reading this thread we decided to give ChaseTheChuckwagon a shot. We only have 1 item up as we speak but it's one we're pretty fond of...

Here's our link:
http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/gamehunters/

We're hoping to put a few games up daily as our personal collections have increased ten-fold thanks to CAG. I suppose that's enough shameless self promotion, as we don't want to threadjack.

In any case, I suppose thanks is in order ChaseTheChuckwagon for providing us with an auction website specifically for gaming goods. Here's to hoping for their continual growth as the premier auction site for gamers!

[quote name='strikeratt']AnotherStereotype and I have been looking to start somewhat of a storefront for all of our recent finds and some backlog out of our personal collection. After reading this thread we decided to give ChaseTheChuckwagon a shot. We only have 1 item up as we speak but it's one we're pretty fond of...

Here's our link:
http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/sites/gamehunters/

We're hoping to put a few games up daily as our personal collections have increased ten-fold thanks to CAG. I suppose that's enough shameless self promotion, as we don't want to threadjack.

In any case, I suppose thanks is in order ChaseTheChuckwagon for providing us with an auction website specifically for gaming goods. Here's to hoping for their continual growth as the premier auction site for gamers![/quote]

Thanks for giving the Chuckwagon a try. I hope you continue to put a few more items up as well to give it a chance. Let me know if you ever have any questions about the site or community.

To update everyone here a bit, we are now at 1,600 members, we've hosted over 50,000 auctions and sold over $54,000 in merchandise.

And there could be a huge announcment after the first of the year. The site may be joining forces with a very well known video gaming newsite/blog/forum community that could exponentially increase our traffic considerably. Stay Tuned!

Made my first sale finally! Took some time, but since the member base has grown, I seem to have been getting more views. I sold Radiant Silvergun and Dodonpachi. Radiant Silvergun even reached #1 on the top 10 on it's last two days so that was great!

I have only a couple things going right now, but I plan to add more as time permits and I may take a look at Vendazzle as well and see what type of items restrictions it has.

*EDIT* Actually Mike, I notice you seem to keep up with this thread and to read every post. Would you mind if I PM'd you directly to ask about listing possibilities on Vendazzle or is there an easier way to chat with you?

Tomorrow is our first monthly Auction Indpenedence Day. All of you who have registered on the Chuckwagon please consider listing at least 5 items in either ChaseTheChuckagon.com or Vendazzle.com.

We have over 1,600 members now, so we have some strength in numbers. If we can all work together at least one day each month to list, we could have over 10,000 auctions running on the site which would bring in more and more traffic each month.

Some of our sellers are also running specials on this day as well. Here is al link to one of the deals going on tomorrow: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/upload/showthread.php?p=5582#post5582

Auction Independence Day will happen on the 24th of each month so please try and participate if you believe in what we are all trying to accomplish. Cementing ChaseTheChuckwagon.com as the premier video gaming buy/sell destination on the web.

Join together and List. I will promote it and the traffic will come.

Thank you,

Hi all, I have been selling on CTCW for a few months now, and I have noticed that every week I sell afew more items, I was kinda discouraged at first, but once I got some feedback accumulated alot more people started looking at my auctions, and more people started bidding.

I also listed several items for auction independance day, I decided to list them at the price I paid for them. So there are several items that are worth 20+ that I started out at the $2-$3 that i picked them up for at various pawns/Fleamarkets.

I'm getting onto this kinda late, but anymore lifetime comps left, ChuckWagon? I'm a bit tired of Ebay's fees myself.

[quote name='aihuman']Bookmarked.Couldnt find what I was looking for,unfortunately.[/quote]

If you join the forums there you can mention what you are looking for so sellers can check their inventory!!

I'm getting onto this kinda late, but anymore lifetime comps left, ChuckWagon? I'm a bit tired of Ebay's fees myself.

I'm not sure If Mike is still doing Lifetime memberships anymore, or if pricing has changed on them, ect...but even if you list without a lifetime membership your fees will be much less than Ebay.

[quote name='schuerm26']Hey just wanted to drop a quick line if you didn't know this already. You were on MSN.com today through a link.

http://tech.msn.com/guides/slideshowcollect_games.aspx?cp-documentid=9524472&imageindex=5[/quote]

Too funny. I saw this feature on TV a few months ago.

Didn't know that was Chuck Wagon! :)

Talk about hardcore. I love retro games, myself. I wish I still had my Atari 2600, and I loved my Intellvision, especially the Intellivision computer add-on that allowed you to play baseball.

bread's done
Back