GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

I just joined under EGutierrez01. Site seems great, and very easy to use. Set up all my preferences and I'll be listing some games in the future!

Doesn't have what I'm looking for but nice site :)
smile.gif

I started listing a month or so ago and didn't get much success early on, but I have been selling several items a week since I first started getting feedback.

I'll be checking you out... hope I qualify for the free seller account!

just registered as lolwaut

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you guys are getting on board. Still growing and amazing we will be coming up to 1-Year anniversary in a few months.

We are nearly at 1,700 members and have been working hard to improve our search standings so to bring more people to the marketplace to bid on your items.

So far doing pretty nicely. Google video game auctions, video game auction site and we are coming up at the top. Recently started doing what we can to bring in more people who search under - buy sell video games and starting to do better there.

Don't lose the faith, and please continue listing on the Chuckwagon. We are coming up higher than ever on the search engines so need your listings to keep the buyers coming.

Thanks again to all of you who are registered !

I just registered, very interested in selling some of my stuff and I have seen this thread a few times. I decided now is the time. Hopefully all will go well.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Glad to see you guys are getting on board. Still growing and amazing we will be coming up to 1-Year anniversary in a few months.

We are nearly at 1,700 members and have been working hard to improve our search standings so to bring more people to the marketplace to bid on your items.

So far doing pretty nicely. Google video game auctions, video game auction site and we are coming up at the top. Recently started doing what we can to bring in more people who search under - buy sell video games and starting to do better there.

Don't lose the faith, and please continue listing on the Chuckwagon. We are coming up higher than ever on the search engines so need your listings to keep the buyers coming.

Thanks again to all of you who are registered ![/QUOTE]

Thanks to you for putting effort into something that is quite impressive. Also thanks for reposting since I did not know that your site existed before looking through the forums today. I am now a member. Hopefully there are more Canadian members chasing the chuckwagon than just me :).

[quote name='northofamerica']Thanks to you for putting effort into something that is quite impressive. Also thanks for reposting since I did not know that your site existed before looking through the forums today. I am now a member. Hopefully there are more Canadian members chasing the chuckwagon than just me :).[/quote]

LOL. Glad you found us. I guess it pays to bump a thread every now and again. I hope you like the site. It's a pretty great place now, full of collectors and gamers. We have lots of info and gaming discussions on our forums so please check them out.

And, yes, we have a good number of Canadians on the site so you should be in good company.

We just hit 1,700 members today. If you have yet to join, give us a shot. We are needing everyone to register to hit our goal of 2,000 members by end of March - our 1-year anniversary.

For those of you still on the fence, use the Chuckwagon and Ebay at the same time. Many of our members link their Ebay auctions to their Chuckwagon auctions and vice versa (in their auction listing descriptions). That way they are still getting traffic to both their auction stores and still paying alot less than having all your items on Ebay. Then as we continue our growth you can slowly start bringing more of your items over to the Chuckwagon and eventually, stop using Ebay altogether. And keep in mind our items are fed directly into http://www.oodle.com to bring even more traffic to your items. This combined with our higher search engine rankings will bring the traffic. Now we need to just convert more of you over to listing some of your items on the Wagon.

And I know many of you have been using the Chuckwagon. Some successfully, some not. In order to be successful on the Chuckwagon or Ebay, you must promote your auctions in the forums. So many times I see members not doing this with the Chuckwagon, but doing it with their Ebay stuff. If you are listing on the Chuckwagon please post links to your auctions in these and other forums to bring bidders to your item (as well as into the Chuckwagon community).

You have noticed a few other gaming marketplaces appear, but most are putting some weird spin on the auction format. Not us. The auction format invented by Ebay is still the best format, even though Ebay continues to stray from it. Our site is simple to use, and very familiar to you if are an Ebay user.

There is no better place to buy and sell video games than on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Help us hit our goal of 2,000 members.

I will be exhibiting at the 2009 Portland Retro Gaming Expo on Sunday, Sept. 20th. This gives us a reason to have a Chuckwagon roundup on Saturday evening, September 19th.

I am still putting the details on this, but I think it will involve getting down with some classic arcade games at http://www.groundkontrol.com.

And maybe a dinner somewhere. For those of you in that neck of the woods please try and make it. I would love to meet you all in person and I am sure other Chuckwagon members would feel the same.

If you know in advance you will be attending our Northwest roundup, please RSVP here: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f...
I will be exhibiting at a couple other expos this year as well, so follow that thread to learn of any other Chuckwagon Roundups in your neck of the woods.

Also, be sure to follow our official "blog" now up and running. You can find it here: http://chasethechuckwagon.blogspot.com/

Sold my first CTCW auction this week!

I live in Vancouver, WA, and would love to go to Ground Kontrol...but I work until 11:30pm.

How late are you planning to have the event?

[quote name='chakan']Sold my first CTCW auction this week!

I live in Vancouver, WA, and would love to go to Ground Kontrol...but I work until 11:30pm.

How late are you planning to have the event?[/quote]

I think they are open until 2:00 AM, so I am guessing we will close the place. We will be meeting for dinner somewhere, then heading over there. Hope you can try and swing it.

This has been a goal of our community the past three months and tonight with the help of many longstanding sellers as well as quite a few new ones, we went over 4,000 consecutively running auctions on the Chuckwagon. This month is shaping up to be another 150+ new member month with over 80 new members so far. We are on track for hitting our 1-year membership goal of 2,000. Thanks to all of you for continuing to make ChaseTheChuckwagon.com the most successful video gaming auction alternative ever!

[quote name='iceveiled']Just signed up. I'm all for helping out the "little guy", plus I really love the logo. :)

I'm trying to sell PC version of Far Cry 2 here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=6587

If unsuccessful I'll try it out on chuckwagon.[/quote]

Thanks and look forward to you trying it out. There are no listing fees (unless you make your auction stand out with additional features) so you've nothing to lose by trying. Keep that in mind.

Starting year two 2,000+ members strong !

For our 1-year anniversary we are making a few changes, for the better. First off, our homepage is going to get cleaned up with a newer style drop down menu system. The Search bar will be relocated above in our header area and will integrate the "advanced search", "recently listed", and "ending" buttons. The featured item photos will then be raised right up underneath the main header.

An exciting feature that you will notice very soon is our integrated blog feature that will include areas for polls. The very cool thing about the blog/Polls area is that key words taken from the blog will generate an auction list of items discussed in the blog. This will be another opportunity for auctions to be viewed by our members. The blogs will be gaming oriented. I will also be looking for some of you to contribute blogs to this area as well.

And in the not to distant future members will have the capability to have their own blogs that will tie in to your Chuckwagon homepage/storefront.

There are a few other things I've been working on so stay tuned for year #2!

[quote name='dinobot']very nice! wish I had seen this be4! lifetime membership would've been awesome![/quote]

Ya, I am done giving memberships away or selling them for cheap as the site is pretty much rolling and self-sustaining. But don't fret. It still beats the pants of Ebay. Between the free listings and free photo uploads you are already ahead of the Ebay game. Then considering the final value fees of only 3% up to $100, 2% to $1000, and 1% over $1000 the costs are really cheap. Compare that to how much Ebay is billing you every month and it's not even close :)

Hope you still try us out if you aren't registered already :)

Never pay Auction Fees again !!

Starting now, the next 15 people who register will get free seller status on the hottest video gaming auction site around!

We are currently at 1985 members and I want to hit 2,000 members by the end of the day.

So the next 15 people from CAG who register and PM me back here will get a free seller account and the 2,000 member will get a $50 Paypal Payment to celebrate they are member #2,000.

This free seller status will last forever on the Chuckwagon and get you free listings (well everyone gets that) but also no selling/final value selling fees. The only fees you will have to pay are for listing enhancements should you decide to use them. Things like homepage featured items, category featured items, bold titles or highlighted listings. Other than those you can sell for free forever.

These free seller accounts aren't getting handed out much more so take advantage of this and lock yourself into what is now the most successful video gaming dedicated auction site in history.

We hit our 1 year anniversary on March 24, 2009 and we want to kick it off with bang.

The doors are open!

:D I registered under "Friend of Sonic"

2,000 members very soon! Congrats to you sir!

EDIT: Thought I put spaces in, guess I didn't, registered under "FriendofSonic"

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']:D I registered under "Friend of Sonic"

2,000 members very soon! Congrats to you sir!

EDIT: Thought I put spaces in, guess I didn't, registered under "FriendofSonic"[/quote]

You are in ! #1987. 13 more to go.

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']You are in ! #1987. 13 more to go.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Thank you very much! I have a big pile of duplicate games I've accidentally bought twice and didn't realize until I started to organize and catalog my collection. I'll definitely list them on your site-- death to the Ebay!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Awesome. Thank you very much! I have a big pile of duplicate games I've accidentally bought twice and didn't realize until I started to organize and catalog my collection. I'll definitely list them on your site-- death to the Ebay![/quote]
Can that be the motto of CTCW and Vendazzle?:cool:

[quote name='mguiddy']Can that be the motto of CTCW and Vendazzle?:cool:[/quote]

Hey Mguiddy, winner of our January listings contest :) List and win on the Chuckwagon.

[quote name='mguiddy']Can that be the motto of CTCW and Vendazzle?:cool:[/QUOTE]
Yes, it should be made into a logo infact. Something colorful, violent-- to drive the point home. Like a bloody kitten holding a gun smoking a cigar while he's shooting and fornicating on the "Ebay" part of "Death to the Ebay!"

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Hey Mguiddy, winner of our January listings contest :) List and win on the Chuckwagon.[/quote]
Yeah, theres another great thing about this site, one I don't think is promoted enough, a monthly listing contest. You get entries just for listing items. :whee: I won and I didn't even know it existed.:lol:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yes, it should be made into a logo infact. Something color, violent-- to drive the point home. Like a bloody kitten holding a gun smoking a cigar while he's shooting and fornicating on the "Ebay" part of "Death to the Ebay!"[/quote]
I wish I could draw...

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Registered and PMed. AS I said in my PM the site has really grown since I checked it out last. Congrats.[/quote]

You are in at #1992 and scored a free seller account. Could be worth some good money some day :)

8 more to go to 2,000 and the $50 prize !

bread's done
Back