GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

We are now only 24 members shy of 3,000. Still on track to hit 4,000 members by the start of our second year. Auction listings are on the rise, now pushing 6,000 live auctions. I hope more of you try it out occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']We are now only 24 members shy of 3,000. Still on track to hit 4,000 members by the start of our second year. Auction listings are on the rise, now pushing 6,000 live auctions. I hope more of you try it out occasionally.[/QUOTE]

I have some things piling up. I am going to give it a go here in the next week with my lisitngs.

Keep up the great work Mike.

Yes, we are now over 3,000 members strong; and this only one year and five months since launch, on March 24th, 2008. We are well on track to hit 4,000 members by the time we start our second year. So thanks again to all of you, and to our new members that have registered over the last few months. ChaseTheChuckwagon.com is the largest, most successful video game auction site ever, thanks to all of you. Please continue to spread the word to your gaming friends and family and start keeping our sellers in mind for your holiday gifts. Yes, the holidays will be here before we know it.

If you are on Facebook, please consider joining our Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/chasethechuckwagon. I frequently update our fan page with cool auction listings, blogs and other fun stuff. It may alert you to some rare items, or good deals appearing on the auction site.

As a reminder to our retro-gaming members, remember to tune into our retro gaming podcast, http://www.RetroGamingRoundup.com, for 5+ hours of retro-gaming goodness each and every month. We talk about console games, arcade games and always have a top-10 list, which always incites debate among our listeners. This is combined with period gaming commercials, occasional interviews and other gaming content you won’t find anywhere else. This is an International effort with hosts from the USA & the UK and edited and produced in Mexico. I hope you all enjoy and remember to visit the show forums and talk about our shows and gaming: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

[quote name='aptget']just registered as aptget, any lifetime seller accounts :p :). i love CAG. its so awesome :)[/QUOTE]

Cool. Welcome to the Chuckwagon :) No free seller accounts left, but it's pretty cheap either way so no worries.

How does feedback work? Is there a number next to your username that indicates transactions completed? How do you go about leaving feedback?

[quote name='neocisco']How does feedback work? Is there a number next to your username that indicates transactions completed? How do you go about leaving feedback?[/QUOTE]

Feedback is basically the same as on other auction sites. The number next to the username indicates your feedback score, not necessarily transactions completed (feedback is not mandatory). The buyer/seller has an opportunity to leave feedback during the transaction, if they want to.

Mike has implemented a great system where the seller can leave feedback when they send the buyer their shipping notification.

I am thinking about integrating Group Affiliations into the auction site. This is what I am thinking.

1) During registration of new members and also in the update account area of existing members having a place where members can designate they are part of another gaming community. I would initially use (Screw Attack, Cheap Ass Gamer, Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Digital Press & KLOV). They would check box the groups they are a member of and it could be more than one.

2) Next, I would add very small icons that would sit within the "Your Seller" box on the listing pages that would serve to show what Gaming Communities the member is affiliated with. These Group Affiliation icons would also be seen on the member home pages somewhere as well.

3) Finally, we would add a drop down menu in the Advanced Search area so members could search for items for sale by others in those specific communities. So if you are a member of CAG and you want to search games for sale only from other CAG members, you could do that.

How does this sound to you all? Should I do this?

Chime in please.

Sounds good, more specific options.

There is another change I'd like to see. I'm a big fan of how Goozex does their feedback. If the person receiving a game doesn't leave feedback after 3 weeks the system defaults and automatically gives the sender positive feedback. I've completed my first 3 sales on CTCW in the last month and haven't received feedback on a single one. It's pretty frustrating when you're trying to get established and none of the buyers follow through. The default option would allow a seller to receive feedback when the buyer neglects to do so.

[quote name='neocisco']Sounds good, more specific options.

There is another change I'd like to see. I'm a big fan of how Goozex does their feedback. If the person receiving a game doesn't leave feedback after 3 weeks the system defaults and automatically gives the sender positive feedback. I've completed my first 3 sales on CTCW in the last month and haven't received feedback on a single one. It's pretty frustrating when you're trying to get established and none of the buyers follow through. The default option would allow a seller to receive feedback when the buyer neglects to do so.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea. Does Goozex have a boiler plate Postive Response sentence or something?

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']I am thinking about integrating Group Affiliations into the auction site. This is what I am thinking.

1) During registration of new members and also in the update account area of existing members having a place where members can designate they are part of another gaming community. I would initially use (Screw Attack, Cheap Ass Gamer, Atari Age, Nintendo Age, Digital Press & KLOV). They would check box the groups they are a member of and it could be more than one.

2) Next, I would add very small icons that would sit within the "Your Seller" box on the listing pages that would serve to show what Gaming Communities the member is affiliated with. These Group Affiliation icons would also be seen on the member home pages somewhere as well.

3) Finally, we would add a drop down menu in the Advanced Search area so members could search for items for sale by others in those specific communities. So if you are a member of CAG and you want to search games for sale only from other CAG members, you could do that.

How does this sound to you all? Should I do this?

Chime in please.[/QUOTE]

Mike, I like the idea of having the group affiliations.

[quote name='doughazelwood']Mike, I like the idea of having the group affiliations.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I've posed this question to a few other forums and so far eveyone seems to be 100% for it. I will be trying to have this integrated by year end.

In the meantime, be on the lookout for quite a few other changes and improvements coming any day now :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']Not a bad idea. Does Goozex have a boiler plate Postive Response sentence or something?[/QUOTE]

Not so much a sentence. They have 2 options for positive response, 10 points and 5 points (0 for neutral, -10 for negative). If, after 3 weeks, the receiver/buyer doesn't leave feedback the system automatically leaves the sender/seller the full 10 point positive feedback. I like this option since it assumes that if the receiver was displeased they would have left negative feedback within the 3 week period. The way I see it, if it's a bad transaction people will definitely leave negative feedback. If it's good, though, many people will just move on and not bother to leave the seller positive feedback. This basically penalizes the seller when they've done exactly what they were supposed to do. I would personally be very pleased if this option were implemented. Thanks for listening.

I am pleased to announce that after a six-month long process ChaseTheChuckwagon.com and it's gaming wagon logo is now an offical US Registered Trademark.

Check out our new and improved logo:

ctcw_reg_trade.jpg

We have some big changes coming to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Including a complete facelift as well as a name change to GameGavel.com. And tonight we are restructuring the main categories to system names which will make it easier for buyers to search for items for the system of their choice.

To hear about this and other exciting news about the net's most successful gaming auction site listen to our October "AuctionTalk" Podcast:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Hopefully getting the new trademark and logo won't take so long.[/QUOTE]

Ya, tell me about it. I had this in the works for about 6 months so figured I would let it continue. I will probably spin off ChaseTheChuckwagon.com into something else. Who knows.

So, will have to start the process all over again for the new name. But at least I know what to do this time around, which should speed up the process a small bit :)

Good deal Mike.

I love the feedback idea, its virtually stopped on ebay, as I hardly sell there, but when i do I rarely get any feedback.

Its nice to get feedback.

The one thing is to protect buyers sometimes sellers can string you along for 2-3 weeks. So keep that in mind if you implement auto feedback.

IS chasethechuckwagon.com going do default link to gamegavel now? I hope it dosnet confuse to many people that dont log on often.

[quote name='Sinnbox']IS chasethechuckwagon.com going do default link to gamegavel now? I hope it dosnet confuse to many people that dont log on often.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I will keep ChaseTheChuckwagon forwarding to GameGavel for a long time :)

New ChaseTheChuckwagon Tile Matching Game coming soon to both the Iphone, Facebook and you guessed it our homepage.

You are "ChasingTheChuckwagon", trying to accumulate as much "Loot" as possible by matching two photo tiles featuring items from LIVE! auctions. Once you match the pair they disappear and are added to your "Loot". Be careful not to turn over two consecutive "Robber" tiles or you lose one life. Lose three lives and it's GAME OVER! Oh, and your game also ends if time runs out before matching all the cards in a given wave. Pocket Watch tiles will extend your time and the Train tiles will randomly shuffle all remaining tiles to new locations. Clear one wave and another appears, but with more cards and less time to complete the wave.

How much "Loot" can you score? And while playing will you find something you actually want to buy? Choose to play with tiles from specific categories, or from newly listed or ending soon auctions. High scores will also be shown so we can see who is most successful "ChasingTheChuckwagon".

Once your game ends you will be able to scroll through your "Loot" and bid on any of the items you found. ChaseTheChuckwagon will feature endless game play as no two games will be the same and all players will see different game tiles so all auctions will get considerable exposure.

This will be a FREE Iphone Ap. Look for it in the near future!

We are getting close to the relaunch of ChaseTheChuckwagon as GameGavel.com. We are changing names because GameGavel is a more identifiable name for a gaming auction site. With this name change we are doing a complete revamp of the auction that I think all of you will like.

This and big news coming about a relationship with a large, well known, gaming community which will be sure to significanly increase our membership.

We have completed the forum change over so check it out at:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/index.php

Site will be down tonight from about 11-00-1:00AM EST for site upgrade.

In our continuing efforts to grow our auction site we are making some big changes. And these changes are coming soon. Tomorrow!

Part of this new complete site upgrade involves operating under a new name that will be more identifiable to a "gaming" auction site, http://www.GameGavel.com. We have about 2,000 new visitors each month and I think our new name combined with our new layout will entice many more of them to register on their first visit.

Our forums have already made the change over, check them out at:
http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/index.php

In addition to a complete site appearance change we will be implementing these new features over the coming days:

Zip Code Search
Improved Bulk Uploading System
Revamped Members Area
Improved Member-to-Member Communication System
Improved Member-to-Member Invoicing System
The Addition of "Member Since . . ." to all Seller Homepages and Item Listing Pages

And more!

We also have a big announcement forthcoming about a formal relationship with one of the largest video gaming communities online. This new relationship is sure to bring our site infront of hundreds of thousands of gamers around the World. It's going to be an exciting 2010!

gglogo.png

The new site is LIVE! GameGavel.com is new and improved and poised to continue to grow into the biggest and best auction site for gamers.

Check it out and let me know what you think. List some things and try it out. I think our new homepage will entice more visitors to register and bid.

Thanks to all of you who are standing up against Ebay and using our site :applause:

[quote name='Miranda']I like the colors and the new way that featured listings are displayed. Overall, it looks a lot cleaner than before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think it's already working great, the site has been packed all morning. Lots of traffic!

I am going to be listing tons of classic gaming goodness all starting at a whole PENNY and NO RESERVE!

Here is a taste. Check the rest of my auctions to see some penny items listed yesterday. And tons more penny NES and SNES getting listed shortly.

Items Listed in Nintendo SNES:Games
Nintendo Super NES - ChronoTrigger - $.01 to start!
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217506
Now At $0.01 Ends: November 1, 2009 5:00:00 PM EDT

Nintendo Super NES - Earthbound - $.01 to start!
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217507
Now At $10.50 Ends: November 1, 2009 5:15:00 PM EDT

Nintendo Super NES - Super Mario RPG - $.01 to start!
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217508
Starting At $0.01 Ends: November 1, 2009 7:20:00 PM EDT

Super Nintendo SNES Game - Super Star Wars
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217091
Now At $0.01 Ends: November 1, 2009 9:00:00 PM EDT

Super Nintendo SNES Game - Super Empire Strikes Back
http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000217092
Now At $0.01 Ends: November 1, 2009 9:00:00 PM EDT

Gaming Community Affiliations

We are going to be integrating a new Gaming Community Affiliations section into GameGavel. This will be a cool new feature that will allow new and existing members to display they are members with other gaming communities including:

ScrewAttack
CheapAssGamer
Digital Press
AtariAge
NintendoAge
Sega-16
KLOV

A small “badge” indicating what communities a member participates in will be displayed within the member information box on both the item listing pages as well as in the member’s GameGavel homepage. We are going to take this all a step further and also let you do a custom search for items for sale by Community Affiliation. So for example, if you are a member of Cheap Ass Gamer and want to view only auctions run by other members of Cheap Ass Gamer, you can do that.

It is my hope this will instill a feeling of community between GameGavel.com and the forum communities that have supported us since we launched. There is currently no other gaming store or auction site that offers anything like this and it will continue setting apart GameGavel.com as a site that was developed by gamers for gamers.

I hope that this will entice you to list more items on GameGavel.com. I plan to have this up and operational by mid November. An announcement will be made when this functionality goes live.

Thank you,

We have now added our Gaming Website Affiliation Interface. So those of you who are members of GameGavel should log in and then click on Update Contact Information to add CheapAssGamer as an affiliation. Then you will get a CAG badge next to your name indicating to others you are also a member here.

Here is what the badges look like. They also appear in auction searches as well as in the seller information box on the listing pages.

http://www.gamegavel.com/sites/socalmike/

Just signed up. Too bad DS games are like desolate T____T. Hopefully itll start building up some more, or is this pretty much how its been :*(.

[quote name='Squarehard']Just signed up. Too bad DS games are like desolate T____T. Hopefully itll start building up some more, or is this pretty much how its been :*(.[/QUOTE]

The site has been real steady and full with classic stuff. The modern day gamers seem to still like getting screwed by Ebay. I will be doing some pretty cool things to grow the site amongst modern day gamers so you can expect all the 360, Wii/DS, PS3 categories to start filling up big time by years end.

A big announcement is in the works about our association with a large gaming community that will make GameGavel a household name for hundreds of thousands of gamers around the World. News is forthcoming :whistle2:#

You may have seen or heard me mention of a big announcement in past podcasts or in the forums. It is now time to reveal this announcement and what it will mean for you as a member of GameGavel.com.

Starting next week we will be aligning ourselves with ScrewAttack.com, a large, flourishing website dedicated to gaming. ScrewAttack has positioned themselves to be the Youtube/Facebook of the video gaming world and you should do yourself a favor and check them out. ScrewAttack will be promoting GameGavel.com throughout their community and endorsing GameGavel as the official gaming auction site of ScrewAttack. On average ScrewAttack.com sees 60,000-80,000 visits and roughly 250,000 page views each day. They have a large and loyal international community and all this will start feeding into GameGavel.com right away. This is a very big development and will bring in significantly larger traffic numbers to GameGavel as new buyers and sellers start participating on the site.

For more info on ScrewAttack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ScrewAttack

With this new relationship, GameGavel.com will be faced with significantly increased site hosting expenses. As you are all well aware, we have initially offered use of GameGavel free of listing fees and photo upload fees. These are two areas, which will have to change so we can continue to operate at this higher level. It is our goal to bring significantly more buyer/bidding activity to our sellers to offset our new fee structure, which will still always remain 50-75% less than fees incurred by using Ebay.

Here is the new fee structure that will go into affect starting this week. I am showing the GameGavel fees side x side with Ebay’s fees so you have a clear picture comparing both sites. I will also be adding this comparison page to our About Us tab on the site header so you can reference it at any time.

Listing Fees GameGavel, Ebay

(Starting Bid $)
$0-$1.00 $.05, $.10
$1.01-$199.00 $.15, $.25-$2.00
$200+ $.50, $3.00-$4.00
Relistings only a PENNY on GameGavel.

Final Value Fees - GameGavel

$0-$100 4% of closing value
$101-$1000 4% of the First $100 + 1.75% of closing value between $100-$1000
$1000+ 4% of the First $100 + 1.75% of closing value between $100-$1000 +1% of closing value over $1000.

Final Value Fees – Ebay

$.01-$25 8 ¾% of closing value
$25.01-$1000 8 ¾% of the first $25+3.5% of closing value between $25.01- $1000
$1000+ 8 ¾% of the first $25+3.5% of closing value $25.01-$1000 + 1% of closing value over $1000.

Listing Enhancements GameGavel,Ebay

Bold Titles $.50, $2.00
Reserve Fee $.50, $2.00
Buy Now Free, $.05-$.25
10-20 Day Duration Free, $.40
Scheduled Listings Free, $.10
Homepage Feature $3, Unknown-Expensive
Top of Category $1, $25
Photo Hosting 1st Free, $.05 after 1st Free, $.15 after
Seller Homepage/Store Free, $15/Month

You can see by the fee structures above GameGavel fees are remaining significantly lower than Ebay fees; and that will never change. If you are one that received or purchased a discounted seller account then that discount still applies to the new fee structure.

2010 is going to be a monumental year for GameGavel.com, its members and affiliates. This is something I can guarantee. It is our goal to continue providing video gamers around the world the best, most focused place to buy and sell modern and classic video games. And this new relationship with ScrewAttack will help us all get more out of using GameGavel than ever before.

I want to wish you all Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year. And, remember to shop GameGavel.com this holiday season.

Questions? I can be easily reached by email at [email protected] or through the GameGavel forums.

So Cal Mike, Founder
GameGavel.com

Our CAG Member Affiliation search is now up so you can sort for items for sale by CAG members only.

If you are a CAG member and also a member of GameGavel make sure to update your contact information and add your CAG Member ID so your auction items will be seen in this search:

http://www.gamegavel.com/html/search.html

Also, our new relationship with ScrewAttack will be launched this week. This will go a long way to legitimize GameGavel among the modern day gamers and we are hoping this relationship will bring in considerably more traffic for you sellers. Now would be a great time to start listing some items because over the coming weeks there will be alot of attention directed toward GameGavel and its members.

Thanks again to all of you for sticking with us and using us while we continue to grow.

Hey all,

I have spoken at length with Paypal's fraud department and have some good news. As of November 2nd Paypal is now allowing for buyer protection outside of Ebay. What does this mean?

If you purchase something from a seller outside Ebay, and do not receive the item, and the seller can't show proof of shipment, they will refund item and shipping price no questions asked, even if the seller has insufficient funds in their account to cover the refund.

For more info check out the Paypal User Agreement - specifically 13.6 A & B (but the user agreement has not been updated to say this exactly. But it has been confirmed that as long as any Paypal payment method is used (including simply paid from Paypal balance) they will cover buyers for Non receipt Item Refunds. And, again, unlike the User Agreement still states, the refund does not depend on whether or not the fraudulent seller has the available funds to give the refund. Paypal will refund in full even if the seller has insufficient funds to cover the refund.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US#13.%20Protection%20for%20Buyers.

ScrewAttack is kicking off their support of GameGavel with a nice new video. It will be featured on their homepage today and is already getting lots of attention. Check it out, yo!

http://www.ScrewAttack.com

Their support will help legitimize GG among the modern day gamers and will be driving much more traffic to the site. So I hope with this added traffic many of you CheapAssGamers will put some more faith into GG and start running some listings.

Here is a link to our fees page so you can compare GG fees to Ebay fees: http://www.gamegavel.com/html/Fees.html

VIDGRID the GameGavel Game is now ready for play. Here is a direct link, but it can also be found on the GameGavel.com homepage.

Choose to play with Modern or Retro Gaming auction tiles and start matching. Go for the highscore and who knows you may also see something you want to bid on.

Have Fun!
http://www.gamegavel.com/html/vidgrid.html

Are you fed up with Ebay. Are your Ebay sales declining while your fees are increasing?

Now is the time for GameGavel.com.

In lieu of yet another Ebay fee increase I just want to remind everyone that GameGavel wants your business and your auction listings. As a reminder we have significantly reduced listing fees and penny re-listings for items that require multiple listings to sell. Our final value fee is 4% vs. Ebay’s new 9% final value fee. Sellers on GameGavel also have the ability to create a free branded GameGavel store/homepage ($15/month or more on Ebay) as well as take advantage of free seller promotional tools to help promote your auctions across the forums and social networks you belong to.

There is no better time to register on GameGavel.com. If you are already a seller, there is no better time to run some listings. Over the past few months we have grown to nearly 20,000 unique visitors and 240,000 monthly page views. And we have a near 50/50 split between first time visitors and returning members so there are always new “eyes” looking for all type of gaming items. More listings will bring in more bidders and buyers.

GameGavel = Starting Today, No More Listing/Insertion Fees

As many of you know starting January 1st we adjusted our fees to include small listing fees. Since then Ebay has recently announced they will be removing listing/insertions fees starting on April 1st, 2010. However, with this removal of listing fees they are also increasing the final value fees (FVF)/selling fees significantly so don’t be fooled. Here is a nicely written article about this that I suggest you all understand:

http://www.examiner.com/x-312-Auctions-and-Antiques-Examiner~y2010m1d29-New-eBay-fees--the-devils-in-the-details--almost-a-200-increase-in-FVF-for-25500-range

As a result of Ebay’s no listing/insertion fees change (and they are only doing this for items with starting bids under $1) GameGavel.com is dropping the listing/insertion fees for good. This means there is no cost to you as a Seller for listing an item, at any price. The only fees include listing enhancements like homepage-featured items, top-of- category listings, bold titles or highlighted listings, etc. and of course final value fees. Also, unlike Ebay, we will not be increasing our final value fees/selling fees to make up for what seems to be like a fee reduction. This is a 100% fee reduction and not being buried in other fee increases.

Keep in mind that for sellers, GameGavel also features free branded GameGavel storefront/homepage features that Ebay is charging $15+ per month.

GameGavel is growing daily now approaching 20,000 unique monthly visitors. Our goal of hitting 4,000 registered members by our second anniversary is well within reach and we are seeing more buying and selling than ever before.

It is my hope by reverting back to a no listing fee structure that many more of you will experiment by listing some items on GameGavel. We are getting lots of new people buying all types of things, from common items to “harder to find” items; systems and games.

Thanks again for being apart of our growth and as always let us know if you have any questions about using GameGavel.com.

bread's done
Back