GameGavel.com - The Gamer's Auction Site - In Lieu of Ebay's 2011 Fee Update Madness!

Eh what the heck. I signed up under Millertime2325. The Members count didn't change from 1993 to 1994 after I finished though.

:edit: nvm, it just changed. 6 left - congrats on the milestone.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Eh what the heck. I signed up under Millertime2325. The Members count didn't change from 1993 to 1994 after I finished though.

:edit: nvm, it just changed. 6 left - congrats on the milestone.[/quote]

You're in :applause: Say goodbye to selling fees.

I'm liking what I've been seeing so far - I have a paper due tomorrow that I should probably be working on so I'll get my xbox games listed tomorrow afternoon.

I'd like to help advertise for the site - are there any sigs beside the one you're currently using? I'd like something that says "Check out my listings on chasethechuckwagon.com" or whatever, and have it link to my page. I think what you have going here is great, and I'd love to help out with anything I could, beyond advertising of course.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'm liking what I've been seeing so far - I have a paper due tomorrow that I should probably be working on so I'll get my xbox games listed tomorrow afternoon.

I'd like to help advertise for the site - are there any sigs beside the one you're currently using? I'd like something that says "Check out my listings on chasethechuckwagon.com" or whatever, and have it link to my page. I think what you have going here is great, and I'd love to help out with anything I could, beyond advertising of course.[/quote]

When you login to your members area, click on seller tools. Then along right side of screen you will see a Preferences area. Under there you need to set your ppal address so when you invoice bidder a ppal button is imbedded within your invoice (if you take ppal that is), also under there you will see homepage content. Use that to make your free seller storefront/homepage. It will then give you a URL you can add to your signature. Thanks for helping to spread the word.

[quote name='scott2hotcott']Signed up under the name scott2hotcott. I think I was # 1996. I look forward to using the great-looking site![/quote]

4 more to go.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I meant more along the lines of an image, but that will work just the same. Thanks![/quote]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yes, it should be made into a logo infact. Something colorful, violent-- to drive the point home. Like a bloody kitten holding a gun smoking a cigar while he's shooting and fornicating on the "Ebay" part of "Death to the Ebay!"[/quote]
We just need someone that can draw to make this.:cool:

[quote name='Shawn']Just signed up under the name videogames345[/quote]

You are the 2,000th member of ChaseTheChuckwagon !

pm me your ppal payment address and the $50 is on its way.

Thanks to everyone for registering today to help up hit this mark. And please remember to check the Chuckwagon out frequently to see if there is anything you want. We've been seeing alot more listings for the newer stuff. And of course, their is always tons of classic stuff getting listed and sold everyday.

There is no better place to buy and sell video games then on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']You are the 2,000th member of ChaseTheChuckwagon !

pm me your ppal payment address and the $50 is on its way.

Thanks to everyone for registering today to help up hit this mark. And please remember to check the Chuckwagon out frequently to see if there is anything you want. We've been seeing alot more listings for the newer stuff. And of course, their is always tons of classic stuff getting listed and sold everyday.

There is no better place to buy and sell video games then on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com.[/quote]

It's funny, I've PM'ed him trying to get paypal payment address so I can give him his prize and haven't heard from him yet? Anyone know him :)

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']It's funny, I've PM'ed him trying to get paypal payment address so I can give him his prize and haven't heard from him yet? Anyone know him :)[/quote]
Uggg... 16 posts in 6 years... couldn't have gone to a better lurker man.:roll:

[quote name='ChaseTheChuckwagon']It's funny, I've PM'ed him trying to get paypal payment address so I can give him his prize and haven't heard from him yet? Anyone know him :)[/quote]

i was #1998 ill gladly accept it... LOL

Is there a way I can have a link to all of my auctions for other forums?

:edit: nevermind, I found it. maybe you can add a link to the "sellers tools" part or whatever in the members area, because it took me a while to find.

ChaseTheChuckwagon.com turns 1.

Well we did it. Tomorrow, March 24th, 2009 is ChaseTheChuckwagon.com’s 1-Year anniversary. This past year has gone faster than a game of Defender! To sum up our first year as a video gaming auction community I think it’s best to see our 1-year statistics:

Total Members: 2,111
Total Listings: 90,550
Total Uploaded Photos: 71,557
Total $ Sold: $76,681.76
Total Searches: 398,458
Total Item Views: 922,308

Without a doubt, the first year has been an overwhelming success. When I launched, most wrote it off right from the beginning saying no one can start an auction site in this day and age. Others have tried and failed. So based on these assumptions, the Chuckwagon will go down in flames, as well. Not so. In this past year we have all contributed to the sustained growth of what is now the most successful gaming auction site in history. And it is still growing to the tune of 175-200 members each month.

Now, I’ve said it before and will say it again. As I look through the forums on a daily basis, many of you continue to feed the monster that is Ebay. Even after a year it is evident many of you still have no faith in the Chuckwagon. I would like to know why, as it is clearly working on so many levels, some of you are still leary of listing? For those of you that are using Ebay, please let me know how much of your stuff is selling, how much isn’t? What are they charging you each month? And, most importantly, why still use them based on your answers? Now I have been using Ebay long enough to know that it doesn’t work all the time. At least when I do video game searches the majority of the stuff I see isn’t selling, or selling for prices less than that from a few years ago. I see common items sitting stagnant. I see rare and harder to find items continuing to sell. These are the same things I see on the Chuckwagon. It mirrors exactly what types of listing sell and don’t sell on Ebay.

No Fees For 30-Days! Kick Ebay to the Curb.

I really want all of you who are still hesitant to list on the Chuckwagon to try it out. So until April 30, 2009 I am waiving all listing fees (well, these are always free) and selling/final value fees. This will give you no excuse to not at least try listing some items on the Chuckwagon. Please give the Chuckwagon a chance, as listing a single, common game cartridge, will not give you a true picture of how our site is working. List on it for 30-days just like you would on Ebay and see the results. You can set a reserve price to cover you’re a$$ at no cost. Now, if you elect to use listing promotional items like home page featured items, category featured items, bold titles or highlighted listings you will be charged a small fee. But if not, you won’t pay a penny to list and sell your items. Please note that at the end of April I will go in and credit all your accounts back to a $0 balance (final value fees, reserve price fees, but not listing promotional options as discussed above). Now is the time to give the Chuckwagon a thorough test-drive and free yourself from Ebay, its moron policies and escalating fees!

I hope many of you will take me up on this offer. You now have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

To those of you who have shifted the majority of your auctions over to the Chuckwagon, I thank you all. I believe, if you look back over the past year, you will see how much money you’ve saved in fees and it will be significant. And, at the same time, those of you who are using the Chuckwagon on a continuous basis have also seen the sales results that keep you coming back listing after listing after listing. This should be a great indicator to those of you still on the fence that the site is working, just as well as Ebay!

For our second year I am sure our growth will continue. I am ramping up a Facebook ad campaign as well as other new marketing strategies that will continue to bring in more and more buyer and seller traffic to the site. Looking back over this past year I see how far we’ve all come and I can tell already that our second year will outshine the first. I hope you all have as much faith in this as I.

Please communicate with me at [email protected] whenever you please. As most know I do all I can to cater to our members needs, suggestions, comments and questions. Our forums are starting to grow more rapidly and it is also a great place to meet your fellow Chuckwagon members and discuss the auction site and gaming, in general. Here’s to a second year of success for all of us!

And. . . . .The Chuckwagon rolls on!

So Cal Mike, Owner
ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

Tonight we surpassed 100,000 auction listings since launching a little over 1-year ago. Things are growing a bit faster due to our new affiliate program and twitter campaign. Almost 200 new members last month and looking to match that again in April.

Hope more of you try it out. Remember to give it a fair chance. Take a month and list like you would on Ebay and see the results. I think you will be happy with what you will find out.

http://www.twitter.com/ctcw

Hey Everyone,

Here are some interesting #'s cut and pasted from my stat program. This shows sales Jan-April and then Year-to-date. Sales are on the rise and that may explain why we can't seem to get over 4,000 listings for very long. We need more sellers to help get our listings up
icon_smile.gif

Jan. $6414.83, Feb. $8350.31, Mar. $9523.85, Apr. $13667.37 . . . . . . . . . . . .YTD $37956.36

Keep in mind we are now coming up top in Google & Yahoo search for any variation of: video game auction, video game auctions, video game auction site, etc. And since I bought out our small competitor GameGavel.com all those links around the net point to us as well. We've taken huge leap in traffic since then. And all our listings are also seen on Google and Oodle - so lots of traffic now and growing each day :)

Just testing out a new feature for online chatting among Chuckwagon members.

Channels include:

Auction Discussions
Deal Making
Dispute Resolution
Classics Corner
Modern Day Gamer

The Chat box is located under our homepage POLL so very easy to find
icon_smile.gif

I am looking for someone who would be interested in leading a formal Chat Night in the ChaseTheChuckwagon.com Chat Rooms.

I am looking for someone who would like to lead a weekly 1-2 hour chat for:

Xbox
Sony
Nintendo Wii/DS

If you are passionite about one of these systems and would like to take the lead and conduct a chat please let me know.

You can see more info on what I am looking for here on our forums:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Please PM me here if interested. I will comp in a free seller membership to whomever I choose to lead in these categories for your help.

Thanks,

[quote name='doughazelwood']Bump for a great site. Mike, I would think about this if I didn't already have a free account.[/quote]

You can still do it if you want. I really need some people to help host the modern system chats. I was hoping CAG would be a good source for people to host these. I am looking at getting 2 hosts per chat night so if one can't make it the other can type of thing.

Chats will run nightly from 8-10 EST. Let me know. Thanks,

*NEW* Test drive our new search bar. Many have been asking for me to refine the search to Title only with an option for searching Title & Description. I think you will agree this is a big step in satisfying potential bidders/buyers.

*NEW* Report Violiaton. See something listed on the Chuckwagon that is questionnable for some reason? Use the new button located on the right side of the listings page to report it to me so I can take action if needed.

*NEW* Send To Friend. See something on the Chuckwagon that one of your friends or forum members has been looking for? Use the Send To Friend button to quickly alert them of a certain auction running on the Chuckwagon. Located along right side of the listing page.

*NEW* Internet Net Crime Prevenion/FBI Internet Task Force Link. Now located under our Resources Tab you will see a link to the FBI's Internet Crime Prevention website. This is to deter would be scammers more than anything, but can be used if any of you have been scammed in a big and bad way. I will probably make this more prominant in the future by adding a button to the home page.

These are proof that many of your suggestions are taken seriously and integrated when I am able.

And, drum roll please............................... We will surpass the $100,000 in sales mark today!

Catch a just uploaded May 09 Auction Talk Podcast: http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3

There is always something going on at ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. To continue my push to create a unique gaming community that all revolves around the gaming auction site, I am introducing a new gaming industry blog. I am assembling a team of past industry writers to deliver original weekly content on the gaming industry, past and present.

Please follow our blogs by either clicking on the blog link on the Auction site Community Tab or by following our blog right here:

http://chasethechuckwagon.blogspot.com/

To kick things off, we will be covering E3 in a big and bad way so you can look forward to some interesting insite into the gaming event of the year.

As a side note we now have live support that you can get most anytime during the day. The live support button is located above homepage lisiting box.

Next, for those of you who are using the Chuckwagon you can now add a link to your Ebay feedback within your auction listings. To do this login to your members area and under preferences you will see a button titled EBAY FEEDBACK. Click it and and the rest should be easy to figure out. Now everyone browsing your Chuckwagon auctions will also see all your glorius positive Ebay feedback.

And Holy Crap, just seeing we are over 7,000 post reads. Geesh :)

COMMITTED.jpg

Michael Vargas and ChaseTheChuckwagon.com are teaming up to bring you this new cartoon series showing the candid, albeit edgy look at life behind the walls of your favorite video game developer. Get to know Cutter, Berry & the high-strung Producer Jenkins among a cast of other charactors walking the halls of XL Games.

http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/html/media.html

:bouncy:http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/html/gamingchatrooms.html:bouncy:

Feel free to visit and register in the Chuckwagon gaming chat rooms. They are open 24/7 but if are the structured type feel free to stop in a night that peaks your interest.

Monday - Atari Chat
Tuesday - Nintendo "Classics" Chat
Wednesday - Modern Day Gaming Chat
Thursday - Handheld Gaming Chat
Friday - Sega "Classics" Chat
Saturday - Arcade/Pinball Chat

All scheduled chats are from 8-10 EST. Chat does require a seperate registration from the auctions site, so try and use the same username so everyone knows who you are.

If you are not a member of the auction site, but want to chat, no problem. Come and join us :)

Hey Guys,

We are now 100 away from 3,000 members. Please consider joining what is now the most successful video gaming dedicated auction site ever!

List a few items occasionally as every listing help us to grow and continue offering gamers an alternative to Ebay.

We've passed 5,000 running listings this week. A sign the site is continuing to grow. I still see tons of Ebay listings here on CAG. And I see alot of stuff selling cheap or not selling at all on Ebay. You still pay them no matter what and that sucks.

Try some listings on the Chuckwagon. Remember all our listings feed into Google too so you get lots of extra exposure there too.

Give it a try with some listings. You have nothing to lose :) How much have you been paying Ebay lately. Are you really doing that well selling over there? Hmmm.

bread's done
Back