Gamersgate Deals - All about GamersGate sale

Bonobos

CAGiversary!
Everything about GamersGate deals

(Since this is a WIKI thread, consider to update this thread if you find a great deals from GG, thanks)

Gamersgate Storefront

Gamersgate Games on Sale - update 8-28-2011

Weekly Pick:

Heavy Hogur: $9.95 $4.98 (50% off)

Past Weekend Deal:

740x100_summersale_D01_ROTT.jpg

Weekly Deal

Tropico 3: $14.95 $0.96 (95% off) Price fixed
Tropico 3 : Absolute Power (expansion): $14.95 $2.39 (84% off) Price fixed

Summer Sale Daily Deal

8/7/2011
Paradox Week

740x120_PDXSS_Monday.jpg

Daily Deal

8/5/2011

8/2/2011 The Witcher 2: Digital Premium - $49.95 $29.97 (40% off)
Magicka Collection: $24.95 $8.73 (65% off)

SEGA Daily

Monday: Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY Bundle (Steam) - $29.95 $7.49 (75% off)
Tuesday: Condemned Criminal Origins - $14.95 $3.74 (75% off)
Wednesday: Alpha Protocol - $19.95 $4.49 (75% off)
Thursday: Football Manager 2011 (Steam) - $19.95 $6.78 (66% off)

SEGA Week

Sega Games On Sale Link (50% - 80% off)
Best deal: Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition - $29.95 $3.98 (87% off)

Ubisoft Daily (75% off on selected game everyday)
City in Motion Promo (PC+Mac)

w27_citiesinmotion.jpg

UK Store EA Special Deal

Best of the deal: FIFA 11 - s£29.95 £14.95 (50% off)

History Week

HOI3 Promo
Painkiller Weekend
Other Deal
Unlisted Deal - update 6-30-2011

GamersGate Features
  • One biggest feature from GamersGate is the use of Blue Coins.
    Blue Coins are GamersGate’s virtual currency, is a reward program earned by purchasing games or by simply participating in activities, like pre-ordering games, reviewing games, rating games, and becoming a game tutor; who helps other users with game issues or questions. These coins can then be used to purchase games.
  • You don't need to worry about region restriction. Unlike direct2drive or maybe for some games in steam most of gamersgate game its for worldwide direct download.
  • No need for a client, no need to be online to play a game (depend on the games DRM), just click and play.
  • Patches is usually faster than Steam.
  • You can re-download your game anytime, you can burn the installation files to a DVD.
  • There's no DRM for most of games including Paradox and Capcom titles, there no other and you can view what kind of DRM the game has before you buy that game, if it comes with Steam DRM then the page would say it comes with a 3rd party DRM and you need to install client for it.
  • You can find most of Steam games on GamersGate with a low price, register the key into your Steam account so you can download it from Steam later.
FAQS

Is Gamersgate similar to STEAM meaning do you have to run their application to be able to play the game?
Do you need an account to actually play the games? or is the account only used for buying?
No, GamersGate is not like Steam.. You have to set up an account, but it is only for purchase.
Is the downloading in Gamersgate done via a special proprietary application or can you simply use a browser to download it?
Is resuming download possible or do you need to download it all at once?
Downloading is done through a proprietary app that requires .NET 2.0. Yes you can pause and resume a download, there's an option for it.

Is the downloading format of the game a single file? one you can easily backup?
Is it a EXE file? Is it encrypted in any way?
Downloads may vary, Stalin Subway comes in .bin files, other games comes in full folder with encrpted setup file (.exe), these are decrypted with the GamersGate downloader. All files can be backed up like any others.
Is the installation of the game independent from Gamersgate meaning you just run it like any other normal installation wizard? or you need Gamersgate to install the game?
You need GamersGate downloader to install. Once the files are decrypted, games install normally. But if you really want, you can use copy-paste trick (I would explain this later) to get it fully decrypted without using GamersGate downloader

After the game is installed does it rely on Gamersgate for anything? or is it just like any normal PC Games, total independent?
No, it's just like any game.
Can the installation and running of the game be made totally offline and without any internet access?
Like you download it in one PC, backup the download file to a USB memory stick and transfer it to another PC with no internet access and install and play from there without any problem?
Games run offline, it depend on the games original DRM (GamersGate don't have their own DRM), if its using STEAM then you can visit Steam website and check their faqs about their DRM. A game can be backed up and moved without problem.

For more info visit GamersGate FAQS
TIPS

How to make GamersGate games setup file fully decrypted?
  • You need to do this step during the game installation process after you finish the download (choose to keep the file in the downloader option).
  • If you already choose to keep the temporary file in the end of download or you already keep the downloaded games, then you need to run the setup process via GamerGate downloader that came with the game once again (no need to install)
  • Make sure you know the downloaded games folder location (in most case its inside GamersGate temporary files folder), and browse for the game setup file/launcher (.exe). If you don't know which the file is, check the folder without running the downloader, look for the "launch" file (without extension), check the size and look for the same size .exe file inside the same folder during the setup process.
  • Copy-paste the .exe setup file to another place outside the folder.
  • Close the downloader and copy-paste/cut the setup file back to their original folder.
  • Now you can rename the folder to the game name, run the setup directly from inside of it (without using the downloader), make a back up or move it to another place anytime you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI people
Ubisoft has so far failed to release patches for its North American customers of Dawn of Discovery: Venice..

if you already own the separate game and expansion and want the patch, re-buy the Gold Edition

[quote name='agentghost']Wiki has false information. Here is the 1.1 patch log and the DRM is still there

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,696919/Anno-1404-Dawn-of-Discovery-Patch-11-released/News/[/QUOTE]

Yep, you are 100% right. Just installed the game and TAGES is still there. Also, my key from Gamersgate only seems to activate Venice and not the main game. Time for support, whee.

Also, found this further up in the Wikipedia entry:

[quote name='Wikipedia']The copy protection has been completely removed with patch v1.1 for the DVD version. Digital download versions retain the copy protection.[8][/quote]

Aargh, I wish I didn't buy this so quickly :( From what I gather, the retail release of Gold has no DRM (someone correct me if I'm wrong; finding version and patch info is a freaking annoying nightmare). I can also confirm like Rehykja that this version only activates Venice.

The game autopatches as part of the last step of installation and shows version 2.00.5008 on the main menu.

What a mess... I'll also contact GG regarding the main version :p

EDIT: Hold on, I ran DoD directly from my Start menu and now it's also updating again (227MB). The Venice expansion is listed as a separate game in my Start menu, so maybe they have to be treated and run separately. I'll update later this afternoon once it's done updating. This is nuts. :\

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Aargh, I wish I didn't buy this so quickly :( From what I gather, the retail release of Gold has no DRM (someone correct me if I'm wrong; finding version and patch info is a freaking annoying nightmare). I can also confirm like Rehykja that this version only activates Venice.

The game autopatches as part of the last step of installation and shows version 2.00.5008 on the main menu.

What a mess... I'll also contact GG regarding the main version :p[/QUOTE]

Well I think Tages kinda fair because we can install the games in the same PC for unlimited time unless we change the CPU or re format the windows. I ask my friend about the retail version DRM and he told me that it did came with DRM but Ubi remove it with the last patch.
Still no patch for digital download version, though... but its okay :)

Regarding the key, I still haven't download the game yet but if it has been confirmed then maybe we need to ask their support. :p
Oh, I suggest to ask it directly to Gamersgate Support instead of that games tutor feature. I've talked with their support in the past and I think they have been really helpful and straight forward.

[quote name='Bonobos']Well I think Tages kinda fair because we can install the games in the same PC for unlimited time unless we change the CPU or re format the windows. I ask my friend about the retail version DRM and he told me that it did came with DRM but Ubi remove it with the last patch.
Still no patch for digital download version, though... but its okay :)

Regarding the key, I still haven't download the game yet but if it has been confirmed then maybe we need to ask their support. :p
Oh, I suggest to ask it directly to Gamersgate Support instead of that games tutor feature. I've talked with their support in the past and I think they have been really helpful and straight forward.[/QUOTE]

It's not TAGES that I'm concerned about in this case. I'm more concerned about the actual patching so that the game functions properly and lets me play the original campaign and Venice campaign separately.

Okay, I got the other patch auto-updated after running DoD from my Start menu (not DoD: Venice) and the updater updated my installed Gold version from version 1.02.000 to 3.10.0000. According to the Readme this updates the package to 3.1.

However, after the update finishes it asks for a license number for the base DoD game, and GG only supplied the key for Venice (as others have reported). I'm sending in a support ticket to GG as Bonobos mentioned. This is really lame.

[quote name='NeoGutsman'] lets me play the original campaign and Venice campaign separately.[/QUOTE]
Can you keep this thread updated on that please?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Can you keep this thread updated on that please?[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. I doubt I'll get a response from their customer support today, but I'll be happy to update for those people who also purchased the game from this sale.

I purchased, the game, figure they will either give me the correct key or a refund.
I emailed customer service and imagine they respond once the business week starts.
I'd gotten a refund from them previously for Civ IV complete without much hassle.

[quote name='vherub']I purchased, the game, figure they will either give me the correct key or a refund.
I emailed customer service and imagine they respond once the business week starts.
I'd gotten a refund from them previously for Civ IV complete without much hassle.[/QUOTE]

eh hem.. how did you convince them to refund you, esp. this is digital download and you already have the CD key? What stop you from getting the refund and still keep the game? :roll:

[quote name='vherub']I purchased, the game, figure they will either give me the correct key or a refund.
I'd gotten a refund from them previously for Civ IV complete without much hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yup, exactly.
They have a very good customer service.

For a newbie to Gamersgate, if something goes wrong with serial please send them a ticket through the customer service link instead of asking it on Games Tutor. :)

[quote name='Rehykja']Also, my key from Gamersgate only seems to activate Venice and not the main game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']
EDIT: Hold on, I ran DoD directly from my Start menu and now it's also updating again (227MB). The Venice expansion is listed as a separate game in my Start menu, so maybe they have to be treated and run separately. I'll update later this afternoon once it's done updating. This is nuts. :\[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Can you keep this thread updated on that please?[/QUOTE]

Guys!!! I think I found the fix for Dawn of Discovery/ANNO 1404!!

I just installed the game, run the base game (not the expansion) directly from the installed folder and went through 2 updates (including the 227MB one, the venice expansion became separated too).
I created an online account in the profile management (log in to ubisoft uplay) And I could play the game without entering any serial key at all? weird? Then I run the expansion went to online multiplayer menu and put my serial, and the game works.

unleddur.jpg

Now my thought is that the serial key provided with the games its actually for the venice expansion to enable the multiplayer feature.

Anybody have tried to run the game directly from the game folder itself? I think you should try it and hopefully this resolved the issue.

Gonna play the game now....Good morning :)

Wow, that's a crazy price for Empire. Do those keys activate on steam? I forgot if these these were steamworks games....

[quote name='brettsp']Wow, that's a crazy price for Empire. Do those keys activate on steam? I forgot if these these were steamworks games....[/QUOTE]
Yes, Empire and Napoleon are both Steamworks games. They also seem to really want you to buy both together for some reason, seeing as the bundle is cheaper than either of them alone.

[quote name='Bonobos']
Anybody have tried to run the game directly from the game folder itself?[/QUOTE]
I am but I get the serial key pop up and that's it.
Last night I tried to enter the serial they gave me twice and it's invalid in the original game (of course because it's not for that lol)

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I am but I get the serial key pop up and that's it.
Last night I tried to enter the serial they gave me twice and it's invalid in the original game (of course because it's not for that lol)[/QUOTE]

It seem most of the problem happen with the US version (Dawn of Discovery) not with Anno 1401.
Well, if the problem still persist then I think you should ask for refund. And don't forget to include some screenshot if you can.

P.S: Keep the back up so you can install it later even though they already give you the refund. lol

[quote name='Bonobos']Guys!!! I think I found the fix for Dawn of Discovery/ANNO 1404!!

I just installed the game, run the base game (not the expansion) directly from the installed folder and went through 2 updates (including the 227MB one, the venice expansion became separated too).
I created an online account in the profile management (log in to ubisoft uplay) And I could play the game without entering any serial key at all? weird? Then I run the expansion went to online multiplayer menu and put my serial, and the game works.
Gonna play the game now....Good morning :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm didn't seem to work for me. What exactly was the .exe you ran (e.g. what name)? Mine ran both updates but then asked for the serial number which of course didn't work.

Thanks

[quote name='Decker']Wow, great deal on the Total War games. Just got them and activated them on Steam. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
Damn, I just bought it and Steam keeps saying I'm entering invalid keys.

I don't know whether to write gamersgate or steam about it.

[quote name='Bonobos']Guys!!! I think I found the fix for Dawn of Discovery/ANNO 1404!!

unleddur.jpg

Now my thought is that the serial key provided with the games its actually for the venice expansion to enable the multiplayer feature.

Anybody have tried to run the game directly from the game folder itself? I think you should try it and hopefully this resolved the issue.

Gonna play the game now....Good morning :)[/QUOTE]

It still sounds like you're just able to play Venice. I mentioned above that I registered Venice just fine during the installation (and I'm also able to play it), but there's still no way to play the original DoD game.

I found a revealing thread on this deal over at SlickDeals.net and there are others who still have this problem of not being able to play the base game and tutorial. To date, no one has received a separate registration code for the base game.

I'll update again if/when GG contacts me regarding a license code.

[quote name='diphu']Hmm didn't seem to work for me. What exactly was the .exe you ran (e.g. what name)? Mine ran both updates but then asked for the serial number which of course didn't work.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Were you able to get Venice working at least? Try running Venice from your Start menu and you should be able to register that portion. Trying to use the code after launching just Dawn of Discovery won't work since that's the base game.

Did you guys let the game update before playing? What version of the base game do you guys have?

Because my Anno 1404 Gold edition works fine, Gamersgate also gave me 1 code for the Venice expansion only and no code for the base game.

What I did was:

1. Install the game
2. Download the 3.1 patch manually and run it (http://games.on.net/file/38710/Anno_1404_Gold_Edition_Patch_3.1)
3. Play the game

The base game didn't ask me for a code, Venice ask the multiplayer code which I entered and it works.

My Anno 1404 version is 1.03.3645, while Anno 1404 Venice is version 2.01.5010.

Maybe the problem is with the US version of the game?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Were you able to get Venice working at least? Try running Venice from your Start menu and you should be able to register that portion. Trying to use the code after launching just Dawn of Discovery won't work since that's the base game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='didamangi']Did you guys let the game update before playing? What version of the base game do you guys have?

Because my Anno 1404 Gold edition works fine, Gamersgate also gave me 1 code for the Venice expansion only and no code for the base game.

What I did was:

1. Install the game
2. Download the 3.1 patch manually and run it (http://games.on.net/file/38710/Anno_1404_Gold_Edition_Patch_3.1)
3. Play the game

The base game didn't ask me for a code, Venice ask the multiplayer code which I entered and it works.

Maybe the problem is with the US version of the game?[/QUOTE]

Here my screenshot where I play the base game. I think all the problem is from US version.

unledot.jpg

Yes, the problem is with the US version of the game only. I wish I had just purchased the non-US version of the game during the sale since it was still only about $7.50US. It would have been worth the extra money to not have this headache ;)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Yes, the problem is with the US version of the game only. I wish I had just purchased the non-US version of the game during the sale since it was still only about $7.50US. It would have been worth the extra money to not have this headache ;)[/QUOTE]

At least the Venice expansion can be played :lol:, it definetely half of the Anno 1404 price \\:D/

[quote name='didamangi']Did you guys let the game update before playing? What version of the base game do you guys have?

What I did was:

1. Install the game
3. Play the game

Maybe the problem is with the US version of the game?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I did, but it didn't work. However, I DO have the US version of the game. Looks like it is indeed the US version as others are stating.

Yea, I also have same issue when I brought the US version of Dawn of Discovery: Gold Edition. I sent email yesterday to GG, and no reply yet. Anyone have any luck yet?

[quote name='ShadowJT']Yea, I also have same issue when I brought the US version of Dawn of Discovery: Gold Edition. I sent email yesterday to GG, and no reply yet. Anyone have any luck yet?[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten a response yet, but I think it's just a case of Mondays. I don't know if they have support staff on weekends, so maybe they're catching up. For what it's worth, their customer support quickly got back to me on a separate issue a few weeks ago, so I'm hopeful.

So are the MegaDrive collections the cheapest way to get the Genesis games for the PC?

Looks like they are 62% off...

Also, are all items on sale all week, with a special daily deal? Anyone know?

Thanks

I believe this is among the cheapest for individual packs for the MD/Genesis bundles. I picked up the fourth pack for $5.02 during the Steam Summer Sale, so $3.75 is a great deal for each one.

It should be happily noted that the client that runs each game allows you to save your game state, adjust video options, and controller settings. Nothing fancy, but these are very welcome additions to the experience. I picked up the Irem Collection from DotEmu a few months ago and there are practically no options (especially no save and reload :p).

If you do pick up one of the packs, the fourth one with Shining Force I&II in particular, make note of this. If you choose to "save and end" your game in-game, you'll be sent to a screen where no button-pressing works. This was in the original games, so it's not a bug. Just back out of the game into the client, click on New Game and you'll have access to the game's save select again. Weird fix, but hey, you won't have to worry about dead batteries anymore :) Note that this is really just for the Shining Force games as far as I can tell since they have a save & end option. All other games don't have this weird issue and save & load just fine.

Sorry if the above is confusing. It's really not. I'm just bad at explaining these kinds of things.

No, that's great info - really appreciate it.

Now if I could just determine whether the games are on sale for the same price all week and how they are going to handle the "deal of the day" items...

Thanks again.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I believe this is among the cheapest for individual packs for the MD/Genesis bundles. I picked up the fourth pack for $5.02 during the Steam Summer Sale, so $3.75 is a great deal for each one.

It should be happily noted that the client that runs each game allows you to save your game state, adjust video options, and controller settings. Nothing fancy, but these are very welcome additions to the experience. I picked up the Irem Collection from DotEmu a few months ago and there are practically no options (especially no save and reload :p).

If you do pick up one of the packs, the fourth one with Shining Force I&II in particular, make note of this. If you choose to "save and end" your game in-game, you'll be sent to a screen where no button-pressing works. This was in the original games, so it's not a bug. Just back out of the game into the client, click on New Game and you'll have access to the game's save select again. Weird fix, but hey, you won't have to worry about dead batteries anymore :) Note that this is really just for the Shining Force games as far as I can tell since they have a save & end option. All other games don't have this weird issue and save & load just fine.

Sorry if the above is confusing. It's really not. I'm just bad at explaining these kinds of things.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']
Also, are all items on sale all week, with a special daily deal? Anyone know?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes all item are on sale all week.
Regarding the info about daily deal, it usually came via email in middle of the week.
If you want to speculate about what item would be in the daily deal before you got the email then you can browse/search for the developer/publisher name and check what titles are still in their normal price.
For this SEGA week you can use this LINK.

I'm guessing they gonna put
Dreamcast Colection, AvP, Football Manager 2011, and Alpha Protocol into the 70++% off. Just my two cent :lol:

Got this in my email from Gamersgate this morning.

[quote name='Gamersgate']Dear Customer
We are truly sorry for the issues that you are having the Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition game. We were notified that some of the keys do not work for the base part of the game (these keys for some reason function only for the Venice expansion), and we have already contacted the developers to provide us with new keys. We expect them to be received this week, probably today-tomorrow, and hopefully we will change the current serial with the new one pretty soon.

The issue has the highest priority now and will be resolved as soon as possible. Once we get the working keys, your serial key for the game will be replaced with a new one in your games tab.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience this has brought you and thank you for shopping with us.

Yours, Gamersgate Team

"We may be digital, but we offer real live help"[/quote]

I also have the same message under the Dawn of Discovery section of My Games, so I'm guessing that will disappear when they update the keys. Whee. At least they're doing well at responding.

Hrm... well, thanks OP for the great deal on Medieval 2: Total War Gold Edition. For 3.98, too good a deal to pass up. Are people on here sure it activates on Steam? I keep getting an 'invalid key', and I just checked... Steam does sell it. So, should I talk to Gamersgate support, Steam support, or just assume that its not going to happen?

Edit: Boy, do I feel silly.
The Gamergate version of Medieval 2: Gold Edition isn't Steamworks, is it? Meh, for that price, not like that it matters all that much. :D

[quote name='FallenMajesty']Hrm... well, thanks OP for the great deal on Medieval 2: Total War Gold Edition. For 3.98, too good a deal to pass up. Are people on here sure it activates on Steam? I keep getting an 'invalid key', and I just checked... Steam does sell it. So, should I talk to Gamersgate support, Steam support, or just assume that its not going to happen?[/QUOTE]

Empire:TW (and Napoleon:TW), along with Shogun 2:TW registers on Steam. Medieval 2 TW (any version) does not.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601 (for the complete list of games that allow CD-KEY entry)

I received the same email from GamersGate regarding Dawn of Discovery: Gold, too. I'm glad they responded with a status update, and I look forward to playing the game properly soon.

FYI, I asked GamersGate again about the Dawn of Discovery Gold keys yesterday and they responded this morning that hopefully Monday will be the day they will get keys. They said that the publisher is eager to get this resolved as well. Cross your fingers...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']FYI, I asked GamersGate again about the Dawn of Discovery Gold keys yesterday and they responded this morning that hopefully Monday will be the day they will get keys. They said that the publisher is eager to get this resolved as well. Cross your fingers...[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the update, I was starting to wonder if they were having a tie up somewhere

[quote name='wilflare']is Shogun 2 worth the price?
missed the Steam Sale.. feel like getting it and activating it on Steam[/QUOTE]

Ehhh, it's been that price on Amazon for a while, I expect lower

bread's done
Back