GamersGate Summer Sale - Beat Hazard $4, World of Goo $6.79, Other Misc. Casual Stuff

DrowVampyre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
GamersGate has a big sale going on this month apparently, with each week being devoted to a different genre. First up: RPGs. For those of you that missed the original price during the Steam sale, they have The Witcher for $6.78, among others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that possibly Flotilla and Plain Sight but the sad thing about this "Indie" week is that games such as Machinarium (good game but hard puzzles) is $6.79 while the developers themselves sold this for $5 dollars. Also the fact I cannot believe they really would actually do this way of selling games. Possibly they could have done what Steam usually does with a best seller day. Oh well, at least I bought on game other than that it seems to be a lackluster sale with GamersGate.

[quote name='dark-star']Beat Hazard is totally worth the $4.[/QUOTE]No it's not considering you can get it offa' Steam for like $2.50 (plus an extra $1 for the iTunes/m4a DLC) when on sale at it's lowest like I did. Oh, and it has Steachievements, also.

Crappy sale from a crappy company. They finally gave me the keys for spellforce platinum without any notification or apology. The sale prices for this week are way way too high on most of the games to be considered a "sale".

Oh well, thank god we have steam :D

[quote name='ryushe']No it's not considering you can get it offa' Steam for like $2.50 (plus an extra $1 for the iTunes/m4a DLC) when on sale at it's lowest like I did. Oh, and it has Steachievements, also.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, although I think I paid $5 @ Steam a while back; who do I see for a price adjustment? :bouncy:

[quote name='dark-star']I stand corrected, although I think I paid $5 @ Steam a while back; who do I see for a price adjustment? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Don't get me wrong, it's well worth $4 on any platform/service (love the game lots), but considering Steam pretty much has the best version out there and the cheapest once sales start to hit it, I can't help but feel like this is a bit much for a "gimped" version...

Whoa Plain Sight for that price is pretty good.

Heads up to Beat Hazard players who thinks there's last.fm support like Audiosurf: There isn't.
Bought it in Steam, and really missed that feature.
I'm not playing it until they do ;-;

Flotilla is really, really good as well. Make sure you try the demo before you buy; it's not for everyone.

No idea about Saira, but I do know the guy who made it, Nifflas, made the awesome Knytt Stories games. Which you need to try out. Like now.

[quote name='GreatDoink']I haven't seen And Yet It Moves for that low yet and I heard good things about it. Too bad I can't register it on Steam...[/QUOTE]

Diversify. Dont put all your eggs in one basket.

Well Saira is $6 cheaper than on Steam, and the Steam version doesn't use any Steam-specific features, so... yeah. I'm In. And I've enjoyed the GamersGate sale so far. It let me pick up King's Bounty for like 3 bucks. Are you kidding? That's freaking awesome.

[quote name='volt1up']Diversify. Dont put all your eggs in one basket.[/QUOTE]

Its more that I like to have all my games downloadable in one area so when/if I ever need a clean reinstall of Windows, I know it will be easy to find. But I'll probably bite on this deal - for that price you can't go wrong with this game!

[quote name='GreatDoink']Its more that I like to have all my games downloadable in one area so when/if I ever need a clean reinstall of Windows, I know it will be easy to find. But I'll probably bite on this deal - for that price you can't go wrong with this game![/QUOTE]
Though "Diversify" is succinct, it doesn't explain why it's a good argument. Allow me to try the adult way.

Personally, I wish everything could be on my Steam account, but the problem is that other places, like GamersGate, offer these titles at better prices. Machinarium, for example, is/was $5 during Amanita Design's "Piracy Sale." In that case, I have to make my own backup for the game, since buyers can't re-download it after 15 days from Amanita's server. Nevertheless, I got the game for the price I wanted, and adding it to my Steam list took seconds. (Plus, people can still see that I'm playing Machiarium whenever I load it up.)

Sure, extra passwords and usernames can be a hassle, but you can always keep lists, make backups, and generally keep track of what you buy and own. In the end, more games to play for a little extra work.

You can maximize your game library if you buy titles at the best prices from the right places.

Don't get me wrong, I did bite on this game and Machinarium too because of the quality of the game and the deal I got. After all, I'm a cheap ass!

But I prefer Steam because a) its ease of use and back-up and b) because then it keeps that particular game in my sight when I go to play games like Team Fortress 2 and such. Just organization on my compy.

It seems that GamerGate uses GoG's method, which back-ups your purchase at the time of the sale on their site, which is a lot better than others, such as Amanita's 2 week download window. Overall, very happy with both purchases, just like the layout and ease of Steam.

[quote name='EliotAndrews'] (Plus, people can still see that I'm playing Machiarium whenever I load it up.)[/QUOTE]Not for nothing, but thank you soooo much for this info. You wouldn't beleive how long I've racked my brain knowing whether this was true or not and I'm glad to find out that it is. :D

As for the argument, adding non-Steam games bug me in only that I don't get a nice "Game Info/News" page when about to boot up the game or sitting on the screen. It's a very minor annoyance though and I'll usually go the way of cheap prices over convenience or "looks."

sweetgu.jpg

fuckin sweet sale.

[quote name='ryushe']Not for nothing, but thank you soooo much for this info. You wouldn't beleive how long I've racked my brain knowing whether this was true or not and I'm glad to find out that it is. :D

As for the argument, adding non-Steam games bug me in only that I don't get a nice "Game Info/News" page when about to boot up the game or sitting on the screen. It's a very minor annoyance though and I'll usually go the way of cheap prices over convenience or "looks."[/QUOTE]

I agree, I wish games I added to steam had info.

ALSO: I'm willing to buy from wherever, if it's got re-download options but Steam sure makes reinstalling easy. If you keep steam on a separate partition you don't even have to reinstall after a fresh Windows install, you just delete a couple of steam files and it'll rebuild the catalog and you're good to go. I LOVE that feature.

I have all my games, except 1, installed on a secondary HDD. I keep the OS drive as clean as possible so re-install or whatever won't be a nightmare. :)

Love the 0% off on BFBC2. Actually, I had no idea EA was an indie company now. :D

bread's done
Back