GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's kind of hard to complain about something we all knew was a mistake in the first place and might get cancelled or corrected.

[quote name='ddearce']I don't get it, is this legal..?
My bank charges me 5% for international transactions, also, there is the PayPal comission, and i dont asked for a refund, if they remove the games, im gonna end losing money!!
They can force a refund?? its like, you buy a TV, and 4 days after they come to your house, throw money in your face and take away the tv..???[/QUOTE]

I lol'd picturing this TV refund

Sounds like it's best to stick to normal sales and not price glitch we're losing tons of money and our website is crashing because so many people are trying to exploit the glitch in our system sales. I dunno, I didn't expect them to be able to absorb so many losses so something was bound to happen.

Hopefully they handle it in the best way possible and don't revoke already used keys, but we'll see.

I guess I'd better get around to playing Dishonored now just in case it goes *POOF*.

Knowing how slow Valve can be to get around to doing things or replying I don't know that I'll feel like I'm completely in the clear for some time.

My bank charges me 5% for international transactions, also, there is the PayPal comission, and i dont asked for a refund, if they remove the games, im gonna end losing money!!
They can force a refund?? its like, you buy a TV, and 4 days after they come to your house, throw money in your face and take away the tv..???[/QUOTE]

Except that none of these items exist in a physical form.

I wonder if any laws regarding advertised prices apply online to digital items.

Also are you supposed to get a key with Future Soldier? I can download the exe but there's no key. Guess this might fall into the BL2, Bethesda clusterf*ck as well.

I replied the e-mail asking if they are gonna revoke the keys.
A lot of people are asking in GG facebook page, but no answers (and fucks) are given.

And what happen with the DLC of Skyrim i bought from Steam Store? in case they revoke my skyrim key, wtf happens with the dlc?

I'll just keep playing Dishonored nonstop. It won't yank me out of the game and I should have as long as I'm playing. WE'LL SEE WHO WILL WIN AT THIS GAMERSGATE.

Why wouldn't you? Just because they had a major screw up and won't do something that's obviously too heavy a hit? The fact that they accepted the Bethesda one says plenty on the character of those in charge. Sure they ran out but it was impossible to not. This situation is not obvious and much more damaging to them, so if they choose to just not accept payment that should be enough. Nothing lost, nothing gained, besides a couple thousand people staying up late tonight too.

Yes it's legal and I hope they do it.

:lol:

I was refunded for a bethesda pack, the email said borderlands 2, but i havnt received any refund yet and have 2 keys from it, gonna wait and see how this shakes out.

@DarkZero why say you are going to honor it and give keys in January and now say you won't and issue everyone refunds. What about those who have gifted away copies of games?

But they don't accept the bethsda one, that's the problem, the refund i got is for the bethsda pack, i dont even got that borderlands 2 pack.
I understand that it was a mistake, same as origin a few months ago, but it's not our problem, they sold a product, we buy it, they grab our money.

I just managed to complete one of two pending orders from this morning. The first one I placed was cancelled but the second one was still pending. I fully expect to have that order cancelled and get refunded by the end of the day though. That's fine. I understand completely.

Besides, I already own Borderlands 2. I was only buying to resell at an obscene profit. But with all the copies that may end up floating around out there, it might not end up being worth the effort. It'd be different if I didn't already own B2 and I was just hoping to sell my extra copies for enough so I got mine for free. As it is though, I'm not sure if I really care. If they cancel it, they cancel it.

As for the Bethesda pack(s). I haven't revived any email yet. Though I managed to get all my keys for everything except Rage. I don't know if that makes it less likely or not that I get cancelled. Hopefully I'm OK though. Because if they start revoking keys, I'm gonna have to start refunding some people. :(

[quote name='The End']Because if they start revoking keys, I'm gonna have to start refunding some people. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. And I will do it if it comes down to that (for the record have not getting an email or refund and the games are still in my GG account) but I'm betting there's some douches out there who won't.

[quote name='Motoki']I guess I'd better get around to playing Dishonored now just in case it goes *POOF*.

Knowing how slow Valve can be to get around to doing things or replying I don't know that I'll feel like I'm completely in the clear for some time.[/QUOTE]
Fun fact: I've bought two Prototype packs from Amazon when they were $7.5 for me and my friend, activated them without any problem. Apparently the purchases were considered as fraund since I logged with different ip from other country (funny isp), bought 2 of the same thing in 5 mins, took codes and immediately logged out.
I've received e-mail about canceling my orders and I provided refund. I thought it's even better deal, because I still had the games on my steam account. Steam deactivated them after 5-6 days. I was quite impressed.

Back to the topic, I've redeemed keys only for one copy of Beth pack, got purchase marked as completed during first 4-5h of "flash sale", haven't received any e-mail from GG about refund so far.

[quote name='Umair56']I'll just keep playing Dishonored nonstop. It won't yank me out of the game and I should have as long as I'm playing. WE'LL SEE WHO WILL WIN AT THIS GAMERSGATE.[/QUOTE]

lol

I just downloaded Dishonored. Gonna spend the better part of the day playing that. If they revoke keys, hopefully they hold off long enough for me to complete the game.

Something really weird is happening in my library. I should have 8 copies of Borderlands 2 total. Next to the game it says (7) and when I click on it, only codes for 3, 4, 5 and 10 show up. None of the others have a show serial button and I already gifted myself the ones I could. That and there shouldn't even be 10 anyways. I already redeemed one for myself just in case, but I don't know if I should sell/trade any keys in case they revoke them later on.

[quote name='The End']lol

I just downloaded Dishonored. Gonna spend the better part of the day playing that. If they revoke keys, hopefully they hold off long enough for me to complete the game.[/QUOTE]

Dishonored is not a very long game and when it really gets going you can beat the game pretty fast. I will do the same thing when i get home... with skyrim.... I can beat that in a few hours right? :rofl:

No wonder they didn't bothered responding my support ticket about resending me the ticket invoice because PayPal reversed the payment.

Good thing I got more interested in Sleeping Dogs than Dishonored.

Maybe is cheaper for them to refund and dont give us the missing keys? its like they are saying : "Look, keep that games, but dont expect the other keys, here, take your money and get the fuck out of my virtual store"

Im missing 2,, 19,99 each, so is cheaper the refund.

I wasn't able to redeem keys from the Bethesda pack, and it's been removed from my account (refunded through PayPal).

I still have the BL2 4-pack, but I imagine the refund is coming for that one, too. And I have another pending order that I'm debating whether to buy or not.

[quote name='ddearce']
I understand that it was a mistake, same as origin a few months ago, but it's not our problem, they sold a product, we buy it, they grab our money.[/QUOTE]

no it's completely different. gamersgate have to buy the keys from publishers. ea basically generates keys out of their asses.

[quote name='plft']My Hitman Sniper Japan is still registered to my account, just unable to be installed or played.[/QUOTE]

? That sounds like it's deactivated then if you can't do anything with it.

So, one of my Bethesda collections was refunded, but buttons still show up to request keys. Some pending BL2 / Tom Clancy orders were cancelled, but several are still pending and will allow checkout. I completed one pending one, but there's currently no way to gift/request keys for it.

[quote name='espy605']? That sounds like it's deactivated then if you can't do anything with it.[/QUOTE]
From what it seems like if I went to Japan they would let me install/play. It's that it's region locked, not deactivated or deauthorized.

[quote name='plft']From what it seems like if I went to Japan they would let me install/play. It's that it's region locked, not deactivated or deauthorized.[/QUOTE]

Huh weird. That sucks.

I just got my four pack removed. Wasn't able to get any of the codes last night though, and no notification of a refund from paypal yet.

Edit: I had sent myself a gift that I redeemed after the pack was removed. That copy's still there for now.

[quote name='plft']From what it seems like if I went to Japan they would let me install/play. It's that it's region locked, not deactivated or deauthorized.[/QUOTE]
The game should disappear from your library in February.

[quote name='Genobyte']So I tried redeeming on of the BL2 copies from e-mail to get the code and the code is withheld from my library. It only says [/URL][/QUOTE]

yea you're not the only one.

[quote name='Genobyte']So I tried redeeming on of the BL2 copies from e-mail to get the code and the code is withheld from my library. It only says [/URL][/QUOTE]

They revoked any unclaimed keys, so if you didn't view the keys before it got fixed, you probably won't be getting any keys in the future.

So any official word from GG on Facebook/Twitter/Gametutor/email/whatever on whether they intend to try to have already activated keys from these price mistakes revoked or not? Or are they pretty much dodging the question for now?

[quote name='Genobyte']Aw crap well at least I got one activated for myself.[/QUOTE]

They can also revoke the activations as well.

So, no one should be buying or selling GG keys right now until we see how this all plays out.

[quote name='Bilbo1']I just got a refund for my BL2 four pack order

edit: they were removed from the shelf as well[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. The games disappeared from my shelf, but I haven't gotten a refund or email yet. I'm sure it will eventually happen...I think. :lol:

Edit: For what it's worth to everyone, the games only disappeared from my library after logging out and logging back in. I was trying to register an account to gift to, but they seem to have registrations blocked. Once I had logged back in, the games had vanished.

So, I gifted myself one of the keys yesterday, only thing available on"All games" and also got refunded

and it is now installing 7.5 gb of Borderlands 2.

I should just cancel it right since I have no serial number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back