GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an email "Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
[email protected] "

FFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

HOW can they not honor this? They made the mistake,usually when a retailer makes a pricing error. They usually say they HAVE to sell it to you at that price because that is what it is marked at. (At least the times IRL when i've bought stuff on price error)

Now I have one Beth pack left but like before, I can't get any of the keys but 2 that weren't out when the error occurred.

[quote name='ddearce']Lol, nothing, i just wanted to know the guys, and shared with anyone who feel the same.
Its a small company it seems, no more than 8 employees.
It almost make me feel sorry for them.

almost.[/QUOTE]

You know, I'll give them one big mistake, maybe two, but they have been having price screw ups on a daily basis lately. If you can't get your damned site working properly then take it down for a while and test it better or hire someone competent.

On another note, I guess I should be worried that they might have EA yank my Command and Conquer pack from Origin now too?

[quote name='MrBonk']Got an email "Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
[email protected] "

FFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

HOW can they not honor this? They made the mistake,usually when a retailer makes a pricing error. They usually say they HAVE to sell it to you at that price because that is what it is marked at. (At least the times IRL when i've bought stuff on price error)[/QUOTE]
They're covered by their policy that states they have the right to change/cancel orders and whatnot. They made a mistake and they know it and this is their way of doing damage control.

Well, downloaded the Borderlands 2 file and it prompted me for a steam key after it was done.

Canceled it, but I have no clue where the file is and my HD took an 8gb hit. Looked pretty much everywhere for it.

[quote name='Motoki']On another note, I guess I should be worried that they might have EA yank my Command and Conquer pack from Origin now too?[/QUOTE]
I was reminded of the EA coupon fiasco where they said "Sucks to be us; enjoy your games". But I guess EA can absorb more losses than GG can.

Not that it lends me any sympathy. Between the IGN thing, the Bethesda thing, the Ghost Recon thing and the BL thing, it's a fucking clown college over there and maybe they should just get out of the game retailing business.

[quote name='Tsel']They're covered by their policy that states they have the right to change/cancel orders and whatnot. They made a mistake and they know it and this is their way of doing damage control.[/QUOTE]
Oh well makes sense I guess. I wonder why they didn't revoke my other bundle. Probably because I was able to reveal the keys for two of the games?(but haven't used them yet)

[quote name='ral1121']Well, downloaded the Borderlands 2 file and it prompted me for a steam key after it was done.

Canceled it, but I have no clue where the file is and my HD took an 8gb hit. Looked pretty much everywhere for it.[/QUOTE]

Have you searched for the game in the start menu?

So, I have a friend who I was going to sell one of my Beth pack keys to for cheap(the one of the two)

Should I NOT do that now in fear of the key being revoked after he redeems it on steam?

[quote name='MrBonk']So, I have a friend who I was going to sell one of my Beth pack keys to for cheap(the one of the two)

Should I NOT do that now in fear of the key being revoked after he redeems it on steam?[/QUOTE]

It's unlikely that they will revoke already activated keys; however, it's not unprecedented. They already created a clusterfuck out of the situation as it is.... imagine revoking the keys on Steam.

[quote name='bobo797']They really only have the power to revoke orders if they can't fulfill the order. If people have already redeemed the game though, or have a key, I don't think they can revoke it.[/QUOTE]
Meh, have fun trying to sue them over $25, I guess.

There's no strong-arm legal remedy here. Just don't buy from them again if you're upset or institute a chargeback if they haven't actually refunded you yet.

[quote name='ral1121']Well, downloaded the Borderlands 2 file and it prompted me for a steam key after it was done.

Canceled it, but I have no clue where the file is and my HD took an 8gb hit. Looked pretty much everywhere for it.[/QUOTE]

Check in app data or program data, look for something called Gamersgate

[quote name='Syntax Error']the Ghost Recon thing[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with Ghost Recon?

Ok well I gave that key to my friend and it redeemed fine on steam. Hopefully they don't magically revoke redeemed keys haha...

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with Ghost Recon?[/QUOTE]
Another game sold at a 92% discount and now being refunded/revoked.

What morons. It is like they have no awareness.
IGN advertised lifetime discount for many many months. Did they not realize that? Didn't care to correct it? Nope they just stopped the discount and said it was IGN's fault.

Bethesda Bundle - I think they do have the right to refund people if a price mistake occurs. But the way they did so was moronic. They should have done it IMMEDIATELY. Also LYING and saying they will be getting more keys in January to fulfill the bundle (at the same time, still selling bundled items like Skyrim and having keys for those). Then they just shoot out an email a week later and say they won't honor it.

Borderlands - REALLY? One shitstorm over a price bug that happens allll the fucking time, and they let it happen again? FIX IT. If they are too dumb or don't have the money to fix it, at least load the freaking page after posting a discount to see if it lists the correct price.

It is mind boggling how incompetently they run their business. I haven't bought a game from them that wasn't a 'bugged' price since the IGN discount, since they are typically a bit more expensive than others.

[quote name='Severose']I'm glad to see that they're taking action on this.[/QUOTE]
The "action" should have been "Don't have fucking morons run your website".

[quote name='nitman99']Question: has anyone who redeemed all the Bethesda keys gotten an email/refund?

So far the only people I've seen get refunds were those who didn't redeem any of the games or only a few. This is definitely an extrapolation on my part but I wonder if there's something to it. If GamersGate really has no intention on delivering on the missing keys they may be obligated to issue refunds even if some of the keys have been redeemed. Yes, you still got a hell of a lot out of your $30 if you redeemed even just Skyrim and Dishonored, but since you didn't get everything advertised in the pack they could be held liable for it. Question is, will they also revoke the keys people already redeemed?

On the other hand, people who have already redeemed everything they may be able to leave alone. They already fulfilled their responsibility, even if they lost a lot of money.

I guess I'm just wondering since I redeemed all my Bethesda keys already, if I should've held off on redeeming say, Rogue Warrior, and got a full refund + kept all the games I already activated, OR if it was good I activated everything because now they'll leave me alone.

Or maybe they'll refund and revoke everyone. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I only redeemed Skyrim and Dishonored, and no refund here.

[quote name='ddearce']Lol gamersgate JUST posted on his facebook...

A deal... Darkiders 75% off.[/QUOTE]

They are probably selling Humble THQ Bundle keys lol

Damn it, I knew I should've gifted the second pack last night when I had the chance before the site went down again..

Anywho, the Beth new year pack doesn't even EXIST on the US site anymore. If you click on it in your library it takes you to the UK site

Strike 1 - taking away IGN discount
Strike 2 - holiday 2012 pricing "errors"
Strike 3 - ???

And while I use the term "strike", I don't imply or encourage GG's failure or any anger toward them. But I'm curious what the next issue will be.

I hope they don't take the blue coins, too!

[quote name='Syntax Error']The "action" should have been "Don't have fucking morons run your website".[/QUOTE]

Well of course lol. But when that fails to launch, this is the next best thing.

Err... Actually no it isn't, but at least it's something. Tired of seeing people hoarding copies of games which have a price mistake.

One copy for yourself is fine, but there are people that are buying up hordes of copies with intent of flipping them for profit.

[quote name='xRidley']What morons. It is like they have no awareness.
IGN advertised lifetime discount for many many months. Did they not realize that? Didn't care to correct it? Nope they just stopped the discount and said it was IGN's fault.

Bethesda Bundle - I think they do have the right to refund people if a price mistake occurs. But the way they did so was moronic. They should have done it IMMEDIATELY. Also LYING and saying they will be getting more keys in January to fulfill the bundle (at the same time, still selling bundled items like Skyrim and having keys for those). Then they just shoot out an email a week later and say they won't honor it.

Borderlands - REALLY? One shitstorm over a price bug that happens allll the fucking time, and they let it happen again? FIX IT. If they are too dumb or don't have the money to fix it, at least load the freaking page after posting a discount to see if it lists the correct price.

It is mind boggling how incompetently they run their business. I haven't bought a game from them that wasn't a 'bugged' price since the IGN discount, since they are typically a bit more expensive than others.[/QUOTE]

Get over it

[quote name='inm8num2']Strike 1 - taking away IGN discount
Strike 3 - ???

And while I use the term "strike", I don't imply or encourage GG's failure or any anger toward them. But I'm curious what the next issue will be.

I hope they don't take the blue coins, too![/QUOTE]

If they do that, there'll be hell to pay!

;)

Well taking the game back is one thing, but taking it back without refunding my money or even notifying me that it will happen is called Stealing\Scamming where i'm from.

[quote name='Severose']Well of course lol. But when that fails to launch, this is the next best thing.

Err... Actually no it isn't, but at least it's something. Tired of seeing people hoarding copies of games which have a price mistake.

One copy for yourself is fine, but there are people that are buying up hordes of copies with intent of flipping them for profit.

Get over it[/QUOTE]

Get over what exactly, there is like a half dozen perfectly fine vendors for me to buy from. their loss, not mine.

[quote name='mtommy79']Well taking the game back is one thing, but taking it back without refunding my money or even notifying me that it will happen is called Stealing\Scamming where i'm from.[/QUOTE]

Relax, you'll get your money back. No need to start freaking out. If they don't fix the issue in the next few days, message support and they'll take care of it. But honestly, I'd probably send a message tomorrow since support is probably getting bombarded.

[quote name='xRidley']Get over what exactly, there is like a half dozen perfectly fine vendors for me to buy from. their loss, not mine.[/QUOTE]

Get over your hate toward them. They're making mistakes, sure. But whining over it here isn't the way to go about it. Don't use them as a DD, plain and simple.

[quote name='Severose']I'm glad to see that they're taking action on this. It's about time...[/QUOTE]

I would prefer that they don't revoke keys that have already been activated. But I guess it's probably a good idea to cancel and refund orders where keys haven't been given out yet. It sets a precedent, and from here on out whenever they have a price mistake (and they're sure to have more), a lot of people's first reaction is gonna be, "why bother? They're only gonna cancel my order".

[quote name='Severose']Relax, you'll get your money back. No need to start freaking out. If they don't fix the issue in the next few days, message support and they'll take care of it. But honestly, I'd probably send a message tomorrow since support is probably getting bombarded.[/QUOTE]

do you work for them? do you get personally offended when people complain about their shitty customer support or something?

dont get why the fuck you are white knighting them. what is so special about their shittily ran business?

[quote name='xRidley']Get over what exactly, there is like a half dozen perfectly fine vendors for me to buy from. their loss, not mine.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='xRidley']do you work for them? do you get personally offended when people complain about their shitty customer support or something?

dont get why the fuck you are white knighting them. what is so special about their shittily ran business?[/QUOTE]
Walrus-Facepalm2.jpg

[quote name='henrylin22']they didnt take mine back, i think if you reveal your first key they dont take it back[/QUOTE]

I couldn't do that, it was no option to see them. Only Download.
The BL2 pack got removed from my library, but no email or refund came to my way. All i have is my Receipt of Payment from Paypal and Purchase Order from GG.

[quote name='xRidley']hehe a image macro, rofl !!!

get laid you fucking nerd.[/QUOTE]

Take some of your own advice, you cranky bastard.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Redeemed keys on Steam are safe yes/no?[/QUOTE]
According to others there is a precedent for keys being revoked and games being pulled from accounts. Gamersgate would have to go to Valve with a list of keys to be revoked...but I believe they would have to go through Bethesda/2K as well as Valve, and even then they would turn a lot of people off from using their service again. I'm thinking it's unlikely at this point.

What doesn't make sense is that they lied on the page for the pack they said "We are out of keys until mid Jan. We will process refunds for those who'd like them"

And then WHOOOP

Give you refunds whether you lieked it or not!

But of course, it's within their Legal TOS to do so . That just sort of irks me.

[quote name='xRidley']do you work for them? do you get personally offended when people complain about their shitty customer support or something?

dont get why the fuck you are white knighting them. what is so special about their shittily ran business?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I work for GamersGate. I'm trying to shut you up so you don't reveal our master plans to ruin PC gaming prices.

If that didn't work for you, then here's another explanation:

I'm not "white-knighting" them. I have no idea how or why you would take it that way, but I can assure you that nothing I said could be taken in that way.

I don't get offended to people complaining about their support. Why would I, their support hasn't done anything to indicate "shittiness". It's the pricing errors that are the problem, not their support. Get the facts straight.

But of course, why do I even dignify your posts with a response when you Shaq-fu that often? Maybe I should stop here.

EDIT: Yeah, better stop here. You just proved that you're a douchebag. ;)

Here you are, on CAG (a game deals site made for nerds who are too much about prices for games and/or buying ridiculous amounts of games), calling people nerds. Doesn't take much effort, and if you think that's an insult, you're sadly mistaken. ;)

[quote name='inm8num2']Strike 1 - taking away IGN discount
Strike 3 - ???

I hope they don't take the blue coins, too![/QUOTE]

I know they didn't directly control Indiefort but it was on their site and there was a lot of shenanigans that went on with that where people got the impression that one of the games was going to get a Steam key that the developer never agreed to and there's another game that was supposed to get a Steam key that some people still haven't gotten and Gamersgate support is telling them they were not supposed to ever have gotten it in spite of the fact that the developer handed over the Steam keys for it to them already.

I don't know the exact page where the drama starts, but it's in this thread:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332695

[quote name='walkonshadows']Redeemed keys on Steam are safe yes/no?[/QUOTE]

Probably. Gamersgate doesn't directly have control of that so they can't do anything about it directly but they could potentially try to convince Valve and/or the publisher to intervene on their behalf.

We will just have to wait and see what does or doesn't happen.

[quote name='xRidley']Right this is CAG and not reddit or whatever site that's popular these days for basement dwellers to post stupid ass meme shit is.[/QUOTE]

amen

preach it, brother

mmmmm

i love salt and vinegar chips.

they're better than original chips, they're so boring now.

what's your guys' favorite chips?

[quote name='rayshon1']i love salt and vinegar chips.

what's your guys' favorite chips?[/QUOTE]

MV5BMjM0Nzg2NzI0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIxMDQzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

[quote name='rayshon1']i love salt and vinegar chips.

what's your guys' favorite chips?[/QUOTE]

Blue Coi...ugh Chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back