GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Detruire']Inform your customers: get bashed for reneging.
Leave your customers in the dark: get bashed for reneging, lies, and terrible customer support.

Yet so many companies choose to go down the second route because most customers don't care as long as they (think that they) are getting a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I think with the first option you have a shot that people will excuse an understandable mistake or catastrophe. They will see themselves in the same position and facing financial ruin if they go through with every transaction, so will accept the decision with a little grumbling.

But with the second, you appear callous, inept, and unapologetic. This gives the customer the excuse to think the worst of you and be very loud in expressing their feelings.

tl;dr treat people like adults and they'll act like adults, treat people like children and they'll put poo in your coffee.

[quote name='Motoki']We hope.

I still think they will try to get those keys revoked so they can resell them but Bethesda and/or Valve can still always tell them to Shaq-fu off.[/QUOTE]

Just seems like that would be a PR disaster for Valve and the publishers and I'm assuming they'd need the publishers consent.

[quote name='nategator']I think with the first option you have a shot that people will excuse an understandable mistake or catastrophe. They will see themselves in the same position and facing financial ruin if they go through with every transaction, so will accept the decision with a little grumbling.

But with the second, you appear callous, inept, and unapologetic. This gives the customer the excuse to think the worst of you and be very loud in expressing their feelings.

tl;dr treat people like adults and they'll act like adults, treat people like children and they'll put poo in your coffee.[/QUOTE]

With the IGN thing, they spent so much time trying to worm their way out of any responsibility whatsoever that I would have respected them far more if they had just said 'We thought we could do it indefinitely but weren't able to' or even 'We messed up'.

Instead they just kept trying to justify that permanent didn't mean what people thought it did etc. :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Motoki']With the IGN thing, they spent so much time trying to worm their way out of any responsibility whatsoever that I would have respected them far more if they had just said 'We thought we could do it indefinitely but weren't able to' or even 'We messed up'.

Instead they just kept trying to justify that permanent didn't mean what people thought it did etc. :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]
Permanent doesn't mean permanent, Motoki. Permanent means not permanent... Duh.

[quote name='The End']Screw it, I'm just gonna redeem the last few keys that I have. Was gonna try and sell them off, but there's no telling if they'll get revoked and I don't want to have to deal with the headache of refunding money to buyers.

Question, if you already own Doom 3 and you redeem a key for BFE, does that overwrite Doom 3? Or does it appear as a separate entry?[/QUOTE]
No it doesn't. Separate entities.

I only was able to get 2 keys out of the 2 packs I bought(Beth) because the 2nd was giftable.

Skyrim and FO:NV:UE. And they took my 2nd pack away completely but left the other one with skyrim and Fo keys.

I sold Fallout to a friend and he redeemed it just fine. But i'm keeping his money around just in case they some how manage to revoke people's keys that have been redeemed.

Perhaps they don't refund people who haven't redeemed keys worth 27.32 or more. Because New Vegas and Skyrim is more than that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Permanent doesn't mean permanent, Motoki. Permanent means not permanent... Duh.[/QUOTE]

It's ridiculous. I've heard permanent does not mean permanent a number of times both here and elsewhere. They've pretty much made a meme of themselves among people who follow PC deals.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah because actually, you know, communicating with their customers is just too difficult.

Sorry, it just bugs me. The not knowing kind of sucks and with all the social media and other various outlets available there's really not much excuse for it.[/QUOTE]

The funny part is GamersGate used to be ridiculously active on Twitter. No tweets for the last 5 days now, including what I assume were automated tweets when new deals came up.

[quote name='nategator']I think with the first option you have a shot that people will excuse an understandable mistake or catastrophe. They will see themselves in the same position and facing financial ruin if they go through with every transaction, so will accept the decision with a little grumbling.

But with the second, you appear callous, inept, and unapologetic. This gives the customer the excuse to think the worst of you and be very loud in expressing their feelings.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Wait, I got a refund for Future Soldier $2.70. But nothing for Borderlands 2. They removed it from my library but I guess though I could just wait for my money back. Future Soldier is still in my library, but no key.[/QUOTE]

I still have GRFS without a key as well, but no refund and since I paid with blue coins I'm not expecting one.

I think if the key has been redeemed. They are shit out of luck

Because they'd have to go through Valve or something right? Or at least the publishers and then they'd have to go through Valve.

And both of my available keys have been sold and/or redeemed.

Anyone know how long you have to confirm payment on an order. It looks like they just pulled the BL2-4 pack from their store entirely, but I'm curious to see what would happen if you waited it out for like a few days and then completed your order. Would you get the BL2 pack in your library (Assuming it is back up by then?). Just curious because when I completed payment on my BL2-4 pack in the morning it temporarily showed me the 4 pack in the library with no way of getting keys, but I'm just curious to see what would have happened had I waited. Atm- I'm in the same boat as everyone else it seems, no games in library but no refund. They haven't pulled my bethesda pack yet though (only bought 1) so hopefully that stays the same (only grabbed keys for a couple of games- hopefully they don't find some way for steam to pull them if they do a refund)

Well, I made my purchase of a pending order of my 2nd Beth pack after it had gone back up to 95$. Maybe THAT is why they took my pack from me..

[quote name='MrBonk']Perhaps they don't refund people who haven't redeemed keys worth 27.32 or more. Because New Vegas and Skyrim is more than that.[/QUOTE]
I still don't buy this. People chose to buy this because they were expecting a specific list of games. Just because with even a few keys we're getting a good deal doesn't mean it's the deal we were promised when we hit buy. They have to either start issuing full refunds or come through with all the keys.

I'm actually pretty pro-Gamersgate; if they want to refund/revoke they can. But the confusion has to be cleared up: people are avoiding buying games they supposedly already own, or buying DLC for said games, or creating a potential bigger mess by selling them. Problem is I wonder if Gamersgate themselves even know how to handle this.

[quote name='The End']Does anybody know if the Season Pass is region locked? Over on Green Man Gaming they have Borderlands 2 on sale for 50% off, and I noticed that they specify that the game & DLC are (NA).

I bought the season pass through the UK site last night & now I'm concerned. I'm still entertaining the notion of selling the Season Pass, so simply checking the key to see if it works isn't the best option.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know the answer? Is the B2 Season Pass region locked? If not, why would GMG go out of their way to point out that their version is North American?

[quote name='nitman99']I still don't buy this. People chose to buy this because they were expecting a specific list of games. Just because with even a few keys we're getting a good deal doesn't mean it's the deal we were promised when we hit buy. They have to either start issuing full refunds or come through with all the keys.

I'm actually pretty pro-Gamersgate; if they want to refund/revoke they can. But the confusion has to be cleared up: people are avoiding buying games they supposedly already own, or buying DLC for said games, or creating a potential bigger mess by selling them. Problem is I wonder if Gamersgate themselves even know how to handle this.[/QUOTE]

https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/282458640152141824

I think they were clear.

[quote name='despair1991']Anyone know how long you have to confirm payment on an order. It looks like they just pulled the BL2-4 pack from their store entirely, but I'm curious to see what would happen if you waited it out for like a few days and then completed your order.[/QUOTE]
They canceled all pending orders for the BL2 stuff.

I've never heard of a retailer getting keys deactivated from steam, publishers yes. Not saying they can't I just don't recall it ever happening. Maybe that's me being hopeful since I've redeemed a few keys and traded one.

Assuming any activated key is safe I guess their decision now is whether to refund you and cut their loss by avoiding having to give out anything else to you, or keeping your money and letting you activate the remaining keys.

I also think the key shortage is artificial, apparently people were even complaining about Viking Battle for Asgard running out of keys from when it was $2 instead of $4. Let's be honest, ain't nobody running out of Viking Battle for Asgard keys even if they were giving them away. And I've never heard of it taking weeks to get new cd keys. Not even grey market retailers take that long

[quote name='The End']Does anybody know the answer? Is the B2 Season Pass region locked? If not, why would GMG go out of their way to point out that their version is North American?[/QUOTE]
Regional pricing. It costs more in other countries.

To the people who received a refund: Have your games been removed from your GG account? How about any gifted bundles you've sold to other people? Were they removed from your buyer's accounts? All of my games are still there and I haven't gotten refunded for any of my purchases.

[quote name='hailey']I've never heard of a retailer getting keys deactivated from steam, publishers yes. Not saying they can't I just don't recall it ever happening. Maybe that's me being hopeful since I've redeemed a few keys and traded one.

Assuming any activated key is safe I guess their decision now is whether to refund you and cut their loss by avoiding having to give out anything else to you, or keeping your money and letting you activate the remaining keys.

I also think the key shortage is artificial, apparently people were even complaining about Viking Battle for Asgard running out of keys from when it was $2 instead of $4. Let's be honest, ain't nobody running out of Viking Battle for Asgard keys even if they were giving them away. And I've never heard of it taking weeks to get new cd keys. Not even grey market retailers take that long[/QUOTE]
It's not hard to think that they may have only had a set amount of keys for a game like Viking. And that number wasn't many.

[quote name='Blade']To the people who received a refund: Have your games been removed from your GG account? How about any gifted bundles you've sold to other people? Were they removed from your buyer's accounts? All of my games are still there and I haven't gotten refunded for any of my purchases.[/QUOTE]
I got a refund for my second Beth bundle. It was sitting in my library waiting to be gifted (Which I should've gifted to my second email while I could).
When did you make your purchases? Before or after the Beth bundle went back up to 95$?

[quote name='MrBonk']I got a refund for my second Beth bundle. It was sitting in my library waiting to be gifted (Which I should've gifted to my second email while I could).
When did you make your purchases? Before or after the Beth bundle went back up to 95$?[/QUOTE]

So I just checked my orders. I placed one order the night it went live when the site was dying, and the rest of my orders I completed the next day. I managed to get three giftable bundles and two more bundles that no longer appear in my account. All of them except two say "Cancelled."

I had my buyers add me on GG so I can view their games. The bundles still show up in their accounts, so shouldn't that mean they'll still get their games?

[quote name='Blade']So I just checked my orders. I placed one order the night it went live when the site was dying, and the rest of my orders I completed the next day. I managed to get three giftable bundles and two more bundles that no longer appear in my account. All of them except two say "Cancelled."

I had my buyers add me on GG so I can view their games. The bundles still show up in their accounts, so shouldn't that mean they'll still get their games?[/QUOTE]
Hard to say. But I hope so.

Ugh, I wish I had gifted mine while I could.

I kinda feel bad for people who truly bought the games believing it was a real deal. But many people clearly did not.

I don't feel sorry at all for people that really abused the error - buying multiple copies with intent to flip them for a profit.

Gamersgate has really handled this poorly though. It's a major malfunction that has been repeated almost nightly and they've never really come out and acknowledged what they were doing. To make matters worse, they've been misleading about their intentions with the filling of orders.

When I see a deal on Gamersgate that seems great I'm now always going to wonder if it was a glitch and I'm going to get my transaction refunded and/or keys revoked. I didn't attempt either the Bethesda or BL2 errors but I did almost buy one of the others that they later reversed. I held back though with all of this in mind.

Are they going to start having to add a disclaimer like this to the bottom of every deal they've checked, re-checked, and triple-checked?

* no seriously, it's really this price. Go on! We're sure!

The problem i have is that they allowed us to buy them and then gift them to people who we gave them to as gifts. Now they've gone back and cancelled those. So, if you gave a bundle to a friend for Christmas, they just stole their xmas gift if they have no redeemed the keys by now.

I have no problem with a cancel, but you have to consider the situation and they needed to do it immediately BEFORE Christmas. We're not playing advantage in soccer where the referee has 5 seconds to make a decision.

Flip for profit? Honestly I was just gonna try to break even so it would cost me 0$ for a few games personally.

Somehow I can't help but wonder if Bethesda has a say in this..

Anywho, if anyone has anymore updates please post them here.

[quote name='RainFall']The problem i have is that they allowed us to buy them and then gift them to people who we gave them to as gifts. Now they've gone back and cancelled those. So, if you gave a bundle to a friend for Christmas, they just stole their xmas gift if they have no redeemed the keys by now.

I have no problem with a cancel, but you have to consider the situation and they needed to do it immediately BEFORE Christmas. We're not playing advantage in soccer where the referee has 5 seconds to make a decision.[/QUOTE]

Especially when they said they were going to honor the sale. If they had just stayed quiet or indicated they were evaluating, I doubt as many people would have bought/sold/gifted the games. GG just made the situation worse for everyone.

I just checked everything, and it seems I got a refund from gamersgate for $28.xx. However, I was able to sell Dishonored, Rage, Fallout NV, and Fallout 3. What will happen to those already used keys? Will it become disabled? As a test I just redeemed Skyrim on Steam, and it indeed worked.

I don't really feel comfortable sitting on this refund, cause does that mean they could charge the full amount of the games on a later time?

What's going on?

*edit* My personal thoughts on this, is that the refund was only meant to go out to those waiting on the keys for Bethesda Bundle. I think it's another error that it got sent out to most.

[quote name='dejeckt']I just checked everything, and it seems I got a refund from gamersgate for $28.xx. However, I was able to sell Dishonored, Rage, Fallout NV, and Fallout 3. What will happen to those already used keys? Will it become disabled? As a test I just redeemed Skyrim on Steam, and it indeed worked.

I don't really feel comfortable sitting on this refund, cause does that mean they could charge the full amount of the games on a later time?

What's going on?[/QUOTE]
We don't know yet. They haven't bothered (as far as I can tell) to tell us what's going on.

Some people are receiving refunds and have the bundle removed from their GG account, some have the bundle removed from their GG account but no refund, and some still have the bundle and haven't been refunded.

If they've given you a refund, they can't charge you for a larger amount - but the keys may be revoked.

[quote name='Detruire']We don't know yet. They haven't bothered (as far as I can tell) to tell us what's going on.

Some people are receiving refunds and have the bundle removed from their GG account, some have the bundle removed from their GG account but no refund, and some still have the bundle and haven't been refunded.

If they've given you a refund, they can't charge you for a larger amount - but the keys may be revoked.[/QUOTE]

Or GG could have messed up the refunds. The more I think about it, that's probably the most likely answer.

To the post above, I would just sit on it. You'll have a better idea what's happening in the next couple days.

[quote name='MrBonk']Flip for profit? Honestly I was just gonna try to break even so it would cost me 0$ for a few games personally.

Anywho, if anyone has anymore updates please post them here.[/QUOTE]

My current status is this, I got the cryptic email refunding me my $27.32, stating they cannot deliver the products due to technical difficulties(completely original reason). Funny thing, they have delivered all of my product save one game, Fallout 3 GOTY. I'm probably one of the small group that purchased this to play all these games. I've got console versions of the fallouts, skyrim/oblivion etc. Played Morrowind and Doom 3 way back when. But I was really psyched to jump into new titles like Dishonored, games I never played like Rage and Brink, loved getting a mod-able Skyrim and was really excited to jump back into Fallout and all the DLC I never touched.

So, I activated all the keys on my own Steam account. As of right now I checked everything. All games are active and playable in Steam, and they are still showing on my shelf at Gamersgate, keys still showing there as well. Gamersgate is being I believe intentionally as vague as possible because they literally don't know what to do, or what they can do. I'm sure they are consulting a lawyer to try and figure a way out of this mess that is financially the best option. I'm sure we won't find out anything more until at the very earliest mid to late day tomorrow, and that's if we're lucky.

Worst part about it is, like many here have mentioned, just not knowing. It is truly disgusting though, seeing a hundred resellers crying on facebook about their 3x/4x Borderlands bundles getting cancelled. Shameless, and casts a negative light on the real customers side of this(ie gamers who want to game, not re-re-re-sell).

I'm just resigned to wait and see, what else can we do? I'll post an update if anything changes.

Site is working fine for me.
[quote name='DrummerX']My current status is this, I got the cryptic email refunding me my $27.32, stating they cannot deliver the products due to technical difficulties(completely original reason). Funny thing, they have delivered all of my product save one game, Fallout 3 GOTY. I'm probably one of the small group that purchased this to play all these games. I've got console versions of the fallouts, skyrim/oblivion etc. Played Morrowind and Doom 3 way back when. But I was really psyched to jump into new titles like Dishonored, games I never played like Rage and Brink, loved getting a mod-able Skyrim and was really excited to jump back into Fallout and all the DLC I never touched.

So, I activated all the keys on my own Steam account. As of right now I checked everything. All games are active and playable in Steam, and they are still showing on my shelf at Gamersgate, keys still showing there as well. Gamersgate is being I believe intentionally as vague as possible because they literally don't know what to do, or what they can do. I'm sure they are consulting a lawyer to try and figure a way out of this mess that is financially the best option. I'm sure we won't find out anything more until at the very earliest mid to late day tomorrow, and that's if we're lucky.

Worst part about it is, like many here have mentioned, just not knowing. It is truly disgusting though, seeing a hundred resellers crying on facebook about their 3x/4x Borderlands bundles getting cancelled. Shameless, and casts a negative light on the real customers side of this(ie gamers who want to game, not re-re-re-sell).

I'm just resigned to wait and see, what else can we do? I'll post an update if anything changes.[/QUOTE]
"We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience."

Same thing

[quote name='Mooby']So what will tonight's super malfunctioning glitch deal be??!?![/QUOTE]

XCom 4pack for $5
I hope

[quote name='nategator']Especially when they said they were going to honor the sale. If they had just stayed quiet or indicated they were evaluating, I doubt as many people would have bought/sold/gifted the games. GG just made the situation worse for everyone.[/QUOTE]

This is what pisses me off about this whole mess, they said they were going to restock keys for orders that were already placed and then they came with this refund crap a week after when i already redeemed, sold or traded most of the keys.

Still no refund from paypal or GG for me. Still have the bundle on my account and i can still see the keys (except for DOOM 3 and Rage that i never got due to them runnning out of keys).

It's possible they messed up the refunds as well, there's no point on giving people their money back when most of the keys have been redeem or seen.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Still no refund for BL2. I might give it until tomorrow before opening up a dispute through Paypal.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you, buddy. Twelve hours for them to fix it is asking a little bit too much, so I'm thinking 29, maybe 30 hours before I step this up to official channels. I'm also considering the possibility of a class-action lawsuit - would anyone else be interested?

[quote name='PenguinJim']I'm with you, buddy. Twelve hours for them to fix it is asking a little bit too much, so I'm thinking 29, maybe 30 hours before I step this up to official channels. I'm also considering the possibility of a class-action lawsuit - would anyone else be interested?[/QUOTE]
Wait, are you being serious or sarcastic?

[quote name='jrodri86']This is what pisses me off about this whole mess, they said they were going to restock keys for orders that were already placed and then they came with this refund crap a week after when i already redeemed, sold or traded most of the keys.

Still no refund from paypal or GG for me. Still have the bundle on my account and i can still see the keys (except for DOOM 3 and Rage that i never got due to them runnning out of keys).

It's possible they messed up the refunds as well, there's no point on giving people their money back when most of the keys have been redeem or seen.[/QUOTE]
I think the simplest answer is that they're just a bunch of idiots over there. Between their response to the IGN fiasco and this, it's pretty obvious that they're the sort of guys who screw things up due to their own inattentive nature and then scramble to pin it on anyone but themselves. They may be great at making historical simulators but for running a business, it's a god damned monkey farm. Come on, the idea of camping the site for their nightly fuck-ups has become a running joke.

That's not to say I'd never visit there again. My mother didn't raise me to turn down a great deal out of spite. But I'd never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, a refund may just be delayed a day because of the bank. But with GamersGate, it's equally likely that they'd wait two weeks and then tell you that it's your fault for thinking "refund" means you get your money back when they never said "reimbursement".

[quote name='Syntax Error']I think the simplest answer is that they're just a bunch of idiots over there. Between their response to the IGN fiasco and this, it's pretty obvious that they're the sort of guys who screw things up due to their own inattentive nature and then scramble to pin it on anyone but themselves. They may be great at making historical simulators but for running a business, it's a god damned monkey farm. Come on, the idea of camping the site for their nightly fuck-ups has become a running joke.

That's not to say I'd never visit there again. My mother didn't raise me to turn down a great deal out of spite. But I'd never, ever give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, a refund may just be delayed a day because of the bank. But with GamersGate, it's equally likely that they'd wait two weeks and then tell you that it's your fault for thinking "refund" means you get your money back when they never said "reimbursement".[/QUOTE]

I don't know whether to laugh at this or be annoyed. Or both. The level of incompetence is pretty much at slapstick comedy. If I didn't witness it I don't even think I'd believe it if someone told me. I'd think they were embellishing the hell out of the story.

I kind of agree with DrummerX in that I think they are weighing their options and trying to figure out what to do. It also wouldn't shock me if the person really in charge was off for the holidays and then came back and chewed someone's ass out for all this and is now trying to backpeddle to see if they can get their keys back or at least do an about face on giving new keys out for these.

Concerning those who bought through PayPal (especially those who got revoked, but no refund). You can always dispute the transaction by claiming you did not receive the merchandise that you paid for.

Also, if Gamersgate does go under, they will claim it is simply because of the price glitches (which would still be their fault) instead of anything to do with how they have consistently lied to customers and the choices they've made regarding customer support. That combined with things like the IGN discount fiasco just makes them a "shady" retailer now. I'm not going to build up blue coins anymore, for fear that one day they'll simply go offline without notice. I'll turn them in as soon as I can for some cheap DLC. The problem with Gamersgate isn't that they are having a bit of bad luck, is that they are completely ignorant and incompetent. The problem isn't in one area of their business (like database errors), it's systemic. It's apparent that it's a way of life over there. Not going to change. Buyer Beware from now on. They will never admit that it's their fault. People with this level of ignorance find fault with everyone else, never themselves.

[quote name='MrBonk']Flip for profit? Honestly I was just gonna try to break even so it would cost me 0$ for a few games personally.

Anywho, if anyone has anymore updates please post them here.[/QUOTE]

That still sounds like you're profiting to me.... Do you really think you have the high ground vs someone who is making money on top of making their games free? :lol:

No refunds on my 2 orders. I was able to redeem 3 of the keys. The second order of the 4 pack still says pending even though I paid for it. I'll contact support about it but I imagine they will just refund it instead of processing the payment I made.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Sarcastic, of course!

Anyone interested in the lawsuit, PM me.
[/QUOTE]

By all means, let some lawyers get whatever money they can and anyone affected by this can get a one time use voucher for $2 off. Ooooooooh.

[quote name='Mooby']So what will tonight's super malfunctioning glitch deal be??!?![/QUOTE]

My guess is that they deposit $100 in everyone's paypal account. Sort of like the discount multiplier in reverse.

[quote name='walkonshadows']
Also, if Gamersgate does go under, they will claim it is simply because of the price glitches (which would still be their fault) instead of anything to do with how they have consistently lied to customers and the choices they've made regarding customer support. That combined with things like the IGN discount fiasco just makes them a "shady" retailer now.[/QUOTE]
Ooh, I missed their other lies! Do share! It will all be good courtroom material! I thought that their "mid-January" statement and their "permanent" wordage was all it was! I've missed a few months of bargains due to travel this year and obviously I've missed a whole other bunch of lies from Gamersgate! :twoguns:

And aren't you the guy that saw a GG game on discount, went out to the bank to get some money (?), came back, saw the discount had ended, and sent them a ridiculous barrage of abuse about how they had no right to change the price while you were GETTING THE MONEY, and how unprofessional it was for them to have a game on sale and then not be on sale any longer, and they were still kind enough to then give you the game at the previous sale price anyway? What a bunch of assholes.

And aren't you the guy who whined and complained at Tony because Amazon had a game at a price and you wanted the game at the price and you bought the game at the price which was fine with you and then the next day the game was a different price and Amazon obviously sucked too? It's good that we have someone like you here at CAG to stick up for us little guys! :baby:

Here is a summary of what is going on in reddit world. Pretty much same as what we are seeing here:

There is a lot of developing information here, and I'll update as necessary, but right now what we seem to know:
If you did not activate any of your keys, you will likely get a full refund.
If you activated SOME keys, then you might STILL get a refund (meaning you get the games you managed to activate for free).
HOWEVER, if you managed to get keys for Skyrim and/or Dishonored, then you might be safe from a refund (most likely because they are quite valuable games). I can confirm the Skyrim part, as I personally have received nothing yet. UPDATE: Reports of refunds even after activating Skyrim and Dishonored and others- YOUR GAMES WILL STILL WORK! Of course, no word on whether this will hold up in the coming days, but for now enjoy the free games.
If you activated all keys, then you are a god.
More to come.
EDIT: It seems that most if not all Borderlands packs are also being refunded.
EDIT2: There seems to be a lot of confusion about what happened to gifted keys. There are some reports of gifted keys still being available (or at least "pending") while others are reporting getting refunds for those orders as well. Furthermore, if you gifted an item to yourself, then it seems like those too are still available- but again, this is still very fluid, so check back later.
EDIT3: Not to freak anyone out (maybe), but apparently GG CAN take games directly off of Steam (in the sense that it is physically possible to do so). That means that nobody's keys are necessarily safe, even if you already installed, etc. We'll likely see how this develops in the coming days.
EDIT4: Last edit of the night- many (including myself) who have redeemed keys have received NO refund, which you can either chalk up to GG being slow or actually being allowed to get the entire pack (eventually). Meanwhile, many others have received refunds despite getting keys as well- they are the lucky ones so far, though that also means that they will not be getting the keys they missed. Finally, those who missed out on any keys seem out of luck.
Still no word on what is going on with gifts, but I will see if anything develops tomorrow. I'm betting things will become clearer once the clusterfuck dies down.

[quote name='mitch079']By all means, let some lawyers get whatever money they can and anyone affected by this can get a one time use voucher for $2 off. Ooooooooh.[/QUOTE]
With that I could have gotten Ghost Recon for thirty cents!

Until they took it away again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back