GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='espy605']TSW is about $21 for me here in the US, 30% off.[/QUOTE]
That's right. It's $18.91 I think after the discount code.

EDIT: Ninja'd, and yeah, forgot blue coins.

GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST. Damn, was hoping this insomnia would pay off with another price glitch :)
You don't suppose they think that extra 3 hours will somehow help them out do you? I mean as long as the current sale prices are effective, and the system is designed to flip the new sales on immediately after the old ones countdown, they still have the same exact potential of price glitches. This doesn't give them lead time at all. Wow, I'd hate to be the guy in the meetings suggesting this stuff.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

The Secret World is $20.96 right now
, not sure what that is after the promo code and/or with blue coins.

Not a terrible price. It will be $12.99 in January on Amazon, but you won't get the next issue ($5) and Initiate Pack ($15) unless you buy it before the end of the year, so it's worth the money if you want those things.
[/QUOTE]

Hmm, somewhat tempting. I was hoping that at a min, Tony would run TSW @ $15 again before the end of the year, but, imo, Amazon has had nothing new since Kwanzaa.

[quote name='Severose']Damn, that's expensive! It's $18.91 with BC discount and game discount over here in California.

Got my key, btw, for anyone who was thinking about jumping on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation!

[quote name='walkonshadows']GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST.
Damn, was hoping this insomnia would pay off with another price glitch :)
You don't suppose they think that extra 3 hours will somehow help them out do you? I mean as long as the current sale prices are effective, and the system is designed to flip the new sales on immediately after the old ones countdown, they still have the same exact potential of price glitches. This doesn't give them lead time at all. Wow, I'd hate to be the guy in the meetings suggesting this stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Groan. Favoring early rising East coasters.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, somewhat tempting. I was hoping that at a min, Tony would run TSW @ $15 again before the end of the year, but, imo, Amazon has had nothing new since Kwanzaa.

Thanks for the confirmation![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. If you're going to buy it for the extras ($5 expansion and $15 initiate pack), you should probably buy asap and activate the code since the offer ends tomorrow. It might get messy if you wait to buy or buy and wait to activate.

[quote name='asheskitty']Groan. Favoring early rising East coasters[/QUOTE]

That, or the resident Idiot in Hawaii, who'll only have to stay up until 1:00 am. =P

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']So, it looks like Gamersgate has the rights to sell the Secret World in the US and the UK, but not in Puerto Rico which is why it shows up at 100% off for me. It's so annoying when the publishers exclude Puerto Rico from the US distribution rights.[/QUOTE]

I've never understood that either. PR is part of the US but seems some people don't understand that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Didn't GG have like one support guy before this happened? No joke, everyone I knew who sent in a ticket got a reply from the same guy (Ashot P.).

If they still have the one guy...[/QUOTE]

They have at least two people. I was working on that theory but sometime during the summer a woman responded to me. I think her name was Angelica or Angela or something.

[quote name='seamoss']I've been buying games from GG for years now and they've always done this: whenever the prices flip (outside of holiday/summer sales it's been every Sunday night in the US) they've always had a game or two at a really high discount for a few hours and/or units. I've been able to pick up a few games at a really low price over the years. I've always assumed that this was intentional on their part since it happened so regularly - something like "digital door-busters". However, it's never been anything like the Bethesda & Borderlands fiascos, so maybe it's always been a glitch and they've just chosen to ignore it until it finally bit them in the ass.[/QUOTE]

I've only been buying since March, but I agree this has been their MO for the entire time I've been a customer. I've made it a routine to try to stay up (if possible) when their games flipped and grab any glitches. Things started to get a little odd around TWD glitch since that was like a random mid morning glitch.

[quote name='walkonshadows']GG changed their countdown clock to flip the new deals at 6 AM EST. Damn, was hoping this insomnia would pay off with another price glitch :)
You don't suppose they think that extra 3 hours will somehow help them out do you? I mean as long as the current sale prices are effective, and the system is designed to flip the new sales on immediately after the old ones countdown, they still have the same exact potential of price glitches. This doesn't give them lead time at all. Wow, I'd hate to be the guy in the meetings suggesting this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Still no new deals for me :(

[quote name='asheskitty']TSW is still 30% off in the states and 100% off in the UK[/QUOTE]

These glitches are ridiculous, but it must be somehow built into the entire framework of their site. I assume their choices are "deal with glitches" or "take down site entirely." I hope they have a superarmy of swedish programmers working on it. It's probably just Ashot though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I've never understood that either. PR is part of the US but seems some people don't understand that. [/QUOTE]

^This

It's hard to figure out what is the most annoying: Bestbuy not shipping here and price matches to their website being YMMV, or Amazon Prime not including the free streaming videos (which is a bit crazy - I get the physical benefits of free shipping (but not 2day) to an island 1000 miles from the continental US, but I can't get the digital benefits).

I picked up secret world in an effort to liquidate blue coins, just in case something happens to them shortly. Even if the is unlikely it makes me feel better knowing I can't be screwed too bad.

[quote name='Detruire']Grimrock has been fixed, but TLR is still showing as $0.94[/QUOTE]

Snagged a copy of TLR with blue coins. Might as well use them since they came for free with the refund of Bethesda pack.

it's still not fixed over here. but that game has been this price for a few days now. still have no interest in buying it though.

Someone should keep a spreadsheet of all their price mistakes. I suspect it would get quite lengthy.

Anyway it seems as though they shifted their price flip times to when someone is actually there in the office had their coffee etc.

I suppose if you are too incompetent to fix the problem then having the prices flip when someone is there to fix it is the next best thing.

This morning I saw Last Remnant for $0.94 and used my blue coins. I figured it was a mistake but I might as well cash in. Got the key and redeemed it on Steam. I'm not sure if they're going to take it away or what.

I'm not sure how thee guys can stay in business. It's madness that these price screw-ups still keep happening.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']This morning I saw Last Remnant for $0.94 and used my blue coins. I figured it was a mistake but I might as well cash in. Got the key and redeemed it on Steam. I'm not sure if they're going to take it away or what.

I'm not sure how thee guys can stay in business. It's madness that these price screw-ups still keep happening.[/QUOTE]

They can't take your already redeemed keys, a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.

[quote name='DonRamon']They can't take your already redeemed keys, a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.[/QUOTE]

lol... GG is a legit authorized retailer for all their games, not a shady key reseller.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']^This

It's hard to figure out what is the most annoying: Bestbuy not shipping here and price matches to their website being YMMV, or Amazon Prime not including the free streaming videos (which is a bit crazy - I get the physical benefits of free shipping (but not 2day) to an island 1000 miles from the continental US, but I can't get the digital benefits).[/QUOTE]

The owners of the digital goods give very specific terms to what territories (including U.S. territories) their resellers are allowed to sell to. For Amazon it is probably just easier to negotiate selling to the 50 main states. It reminds me how GMG was asked to actually raise their prices when selling to Australia and New Zealand by 2K directly, so local retailers (who are forced to charge higher local pricing due to import taxes I'm guessing) could compete.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... GG is a legit authorized retailer for all their games, not a shady key reseller.[/QUOTE]

did you even read what you posted?? can you even read?

[quote name='DonRamon']did you even read what you posted?? can you even read?[/QUOTE]

I can't read, which I think is what leads to all these misunderstandings online.

The point I think he was trying to make was that if even people buying from a shady key reseller don't get their keys revoke then it won't happen with Gamersgate NOT that Gamersgate is a shady key reseller. That's not what he said at least to my interpretation.

Edit: to clarify I read it as

They can't take your already redeemed keys, (even) a simple, and very shady, key reseller doesn't hold such power.

However some people seem to have appointed themselves defenders of Gamersgate looking for any perceived slight to run to their defense, even an imaginary one.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I can't read, which I think is what leads to all these misunderstandings online.[/QUOTE]
w2Rbh.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']The point I think he was trying to make was that if even people buying from a shady key reseller don't get their keys revoke then it won't happen with Gamersgate NOT that Gamersgate is a shady key reseller. That's not what he said at least to my interpretation.

However some people seem to have appointed themselves defenders of Gamersgate looking for any perceived slight to run to their defense, even an imaginary one.[/QUOTE]
Eh, it parses as "GamersGate is a simple and shady reseller" and I was about to correct him myself but then I got lazy. Incompetent and understaffed, sure. Not so much shady.

[quote name='Motoki']The point I think he was trying to make was that if even people buying from a shady key reseller don't get their keys revoke then it won't happen with Gamersgate NOT that Gamersgate is a shady key reseller. That's not what he said at least to my interpretation.

However some people seem to have appointed themselves defenders of Gamersgate looking for any perceived slight to run to their defense, even an imaginary one.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a big stretch to make from what he stated, but even then the comparison doesn't really apply.

Authorized retailers do have the power to get keys revoked if need be (Amazon has done it on an individual basis).

I'm not really trying to defend GG as much as just making sure accurate information is put out there.

[quote name='espy605']The owners of the digital goods give very specific terms to what territories (including U.S. territories) their resellers are allowed to sell to. For Amazon it is probably just easier to negotiate selling to the 50 main states. It reminds me how GMG was asked to actually raise their prices when selling to Australia and New Zealand by 2K directly, so local retailers (who are forced to charge higher local pricing due to import taxes I'm guessing) could compete.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just wish it were consistent - I can buy anything on the Amazon PC direct download site, but I can't access the videos. I assume that the movie studios sold the rights for streaming video to Puerto Rico to someone else, but I haven't bothered to try and figure out who. I'm tempted to try and access the videos with my tethered iphone (for some reason AT&T gives me an IP address in Georgia), but I just don't care that much.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think that's a big stretch to make from what he stated, but even then the comparison doesn't really apply.

Authorized retailers do have the power to get keys revoked if need be (Amazon has done it on an individual basis).

I'm not really trying to defend GG as much as just making sure accurate information is put out there.[/QUOTE]

Why do you care so much about GamersGate? Why don't you just accept that they're a shady key reseller? You're such a Troll Fox.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Eh, it parses as "GamersGate is a simple and shady reseller" and I was about to correct him myself but then I got lazy. Incompetent and understaffed, sure. Not so much shady.[/QUOTE]

Admittedly he could have phrased it better but I think the intent was clear.

If you aren't looking to pick a fight on Gamersgate's behalf, that is.

[quote name='Motoki']Admittedly he could have phrased it better but I think the intent was clear.

If you aren't looking to pick a fight on Gamersgate's behalf, that is.[/QUOTE]

I read it exactly like Fox did and I'm not looking to pick any fights.

I'm looking to pick a fight, on my own behalf, because I feel that I've been insulted. Who wants to fight me?

(Nobody said anything to you, what the fuck are you talking about?)

I don't know, it doesn't matter though, WHO WANTS TO FIGHT!?

I just put my bulletproof keyboard skin on, and just loaded my mouse with new batteries. I'm ready to roll! Come at me bro!

[quote name='Severose']I'm looking to pick a fight, on my own behalf, because I feel that I've been insulted. Who wants to fight me?

(Nobody said anything to you, what the fuck are you talking about?)

I don't know, it doesn't matter though, WHO WANTS TO FIGHT!?

I just put my bulletproof keyboard skin on, and just loaded my mouse with new batteries. I'm ready to roll! Come at me bro![/QUOTE]

Damn, dude, it's not even happy hour yet...

Or did the new year's celebrations roll in a bit early? :lol:

[quote name='seamoss']I read it exactly like Fox did and I'm not looking to pick any fights.[/QUOTE]

Okay well then I have a psychic link to DonRamon. Or I'm crazy. Or both.

Or maybe someone could have clarified with him what he meant without ripping him a new one.

[quote name='seamoss']Damn, dude, it's not even happy hour yet...

Or did the new year's celebrations roll in a bit early? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Happy hour? My dad always taught me that Happy Hour always starts at 10:00 am and ends when you want it to. Are you saying that my childhood is a LIE!? You wanna go!?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think that's a big stretch to make from what he stated, but even then the comparison doesn't really apply.

I'm not really trying to defend GG as much as just making sure accurate information is put out there.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't even matter if they don't have the power, they contacted Bethesda and 2K, which I can assure you both have the power to, I hope they don't though.

[quote name='Jommy']Any chance that the two D&D collection games will be daily deals? I'm not sure if they showed up already.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for them to come up cheap again on Gamersgate. However, even if they did, I'd pass on them at this point. I don't want more games where I feel I need to back up the install files because I'm not confident Gamersgate will still be around. Right now I don't have too much to download and backup as it really is only the Indiefort Bundle and Dead Rising 2.

Personally, I'm not mad that my Bethesda Bundle was refunded. I've had price mistakes cancelled from an awful lot of stores. It's not a big deal. While they've had some massive screwups lately, they haven't done anything that would have me avoiding buying from them. I just am not confident they'll survive.

We value our customers
We value our publisher relationships
Refer back to our statement
Did I mention we value our customers

If they do go under he can always go work for EA. He'd fit right in there.

[quote name='DaDillsta']It doesn't even matter if they don't have the power, they contacted Bethesda and 2K, which I can assure you both have the power to, I hope they don't though.[/QUOTE]

Comparing GG to Amazon is out of depth anyway. A company like Amazon has the leverage to get a publisher to revoke a key, with a just a phone call, what face does GG has right now to get Bethesda or 2K to take flak for them??

Seriously, think about it for a minute, not like an scared boy but rather like an able adult, what reason does Bethesda or 2K have to comply to GG's possible demands, furthermore, if they had any, would those reasons be strong enough to warrant the bad press they will surely get??

As much as the fanbrats revolt, right now GG's reputation is that of a shady key reseller, they behave like one with a pattern consistent with that of a money grab rush, otherwise they wouldn't be having games on sale that they don't have a key for.

I don't dispute once upon a time GG must've had a reputation strong enough for them to believe the could print their own money, the reality right now is, their reputation has been dragged thru the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back