GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thief Collection is only $6.48 after 20% off, but Deadly Shadows is Securom. Gold and II are Steam...[/QUOTE]

It was 6.74$ during the Steam Holidays, if only Deadly Shadows were Steam redeemable on GamersGate, I'd grab the collection.

I picked up BF3 for 8$ and with the resulting blue coins I got Thief 2 for 1$.

Good deal if I do say so. I only picked up Thief Gold during the Steam Sale.

With the 15% sale on Omerta pre-orders, the cost of the 2-pack and the 20% comp. discount, you could get a two-pack of Omerta for about $20.40 each.

Not a bad price if you're planning on buying it at launch anyway. Be a 50% discount off MSRP.

LOL, GG Trolling-Glitch

GG_Football_Manager.jpg

Interestingly they "fixed" it. FM2013 is now $15.98 (still) 60% off $39.95 MSRP. Although I can't draw anything definitive from this, it looks like maybe they are now keying in the current price letting the other numbers be automatic.

Well, it was known glitch prior to this and people would complaint about it. Essentially they would run sales, but they would use the Aus price which is a ton higher so the sale wasn't as good. Not sure why, but it happened before with stuff like Sonic Generations. They said they were going to fix it, but this looks almost like a workaround way they are trying to use to get around the pricing glitch?

[quote name='Syntax Error']With the 15% sale on Omerta pre-orders, the cost of the 2-pack and the 20% comp. discount, you could get a two-pack of Omerta for about $20.40 each.

Not a bad price if you're planning on buying it at launch anyway. Be a 50% discount off MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Would anybody be interested in doing this?

So is it possible to download an ubisoft game outside of the GG download link?

I traded for an unbisoft key, so I can activate the game if I can download it.

Unfortunately I can't download the game since it wasn't initially purchased on my GG account...

Thanks.

[quote name='jkimrey']So is it possible to download an ubisoft game outside of the GG download link?

I traded for an unbisoft key, so I can activate the game if I can download it.

Unfortunately I can't download the game since it wasn't initially purchased on my GG account...[/QUOTE]
Try going to the Uplay store, putting the item in your cart and entering the key as a "promo code". No promises but that was how you activated the Far Cry 3 keys from the "Never Settle" AMD promotion.

Alternately, try the method shown here

The first option (via the store) didn't work, but following the link directions worked great.

Thank you so much! :)

[quote name='Syntax Error']Try going to the Uplay store, putting the item in your cart and entering the key as a "promo code". No promises but that was how you activated the Far Cry 3 keys from the "Never Settle" AMD promotion.

Alternately, try the method shown here[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dalrint']So has there been any more indication about when the keys for the bethesda bundles will show up?[/QUOTE]

Same answer every day, next Thursday.

[quote name='elessar123']Same answer every day, next Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Same answer every day, the'll give the keys when they want it. They're testing the customers' patience.

[quote name='Syntax Error']There's a Tutor thread about it so I know it's not just me (don't know if it's everyone though) but GamersGate isn't accepting transactions paid with Blue Coins right now. Tried to buy the Thief Collection and it just sends me to a white page with this URL:
https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/notify/bluecoins

Order status is still "pending" and trying again through the invoice screen gives the same white page result.[/QUOTE]

Is this true they are not allowing purchases with blue coins? If so they're about to get a paypal chargeback =P

I wouldn't say "not allowing". I don't have any reason to think it's intentional versus just an error that no one has fixed yet (especially with it being the weekend). It's just "not working".

[quote name='Syntax Error']There's a Tutor thread about it so I know it's not just me (don't know if it's everyone though) but GamersGate isn't accepting transactions paid with Blue Coins right now. Tried to buy the Thief Collection and it just sends me to a white page with this URL:
https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/notify/bluecoins

Order status is still "pending" and trying again through the invoice screen gives the same white page result.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stupidproz1']Is this true they are not allowing purchases with blue coins? If so they're about to get a paypal chargeback =P[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Syntax Error']I wouldn't say "not allowing". I don't have any reason to think it's intentional versus just an error that no one has fixed yet (especially with it being the weekend). It's just "not working".[/QUOTE]

I sent them a support ticket about this yesterday. Glad (or not?) to see it wasn't just me. I ordered two Thief games on Thursday and the order went through fine. Yesterday, I ordered a Primal Fears 4 pack and I thought the order went through, but then I saw and it is pending in my order history and every time I try to complete payment it gives me a blank white page. So I hope they fix this soon I want my Primal Fears!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Triple post:

Lucius is the daily deal, 70% off at $7.50 - cheapest it's ever been and DRM Free. $6 if you have the 20% discount.[/QUOTE]

What 20% discount?

[quote name='MysterD']What 20% discount?[/QUOTE]

GG gave some of the folks who experienced the Bethesda-Stardock glitchdrama a 20% discount on any purchase that is supposed to last until the end of 2013.

[quote name='MysterD']What 20% discount?[/QUOTE]

GG applied a 20% discount good for all of 2013 :argue: to some/most/all :argue: accounts that had a forced cancellation of Beth Pack / GR:FS / BL2 holiday glitches. Some people have the discount, some people don't. Needless to say there are a wide range of feelings on the matter which include: :bs::wall::fridge::beer::twoguns::-({|=\\:D/:whee::bomb::pray:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unless GG just sends a present of $50 PayPal to everyone involved, I don't think the bitching will ever end.

Even then, I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]
Only one way to find out!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Unless GG just sends a present of $50 PayPal to everyone involved, I don't think the bitching will ever end.

Even then, I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

If they sent $50 to everyone involved, the people that weren't involved would complain that they didn't get $50. They'd have to send $50 to everyone in the entire world for people not to bitch lol.

[quote name='spoderman']If they sent $50 to everyone involved, the people that weren't involved would complain that they didn't get $50. They'd have to send $50 to everyone in the entire world for people not to bitch lol.[/QUOTE]

Noooo that would not be fair. I had to do something and now everyone gets something free? =D

Front Mission Evolved for $5.99

Has it been cheaper on GMG and Amazon?

Edit:

Also of not - Warlock: Master of the Arcane Collection is 66% off, includes game, soundtrack, and all DLC. Individual DLC is 66% off too. Nice stack with the 20% off if you have it. I know I've seen a lot of people ask about this game and it's DLC in the Amazon thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Double post, but I just checked now for the hell of it and it processed my order finally![/QUOTE]
I had hoped I'd awaken this morning to some resolution (with the time zones and all) but my Thief Collection still hangs in Blue Coin Limbo. Looking at the support site, I don't think my ticket has even been read yet. Maybe I should have set it to Super-Ultra Importance.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I had hoped I'd awaken this morning to some resolution (with the time zones and all) but my Thief Collection still hangs in Blue Coin Limbo. Looking at the support site, I don't think my ticket has even been read yet. Maybe I should have set it to Super-Ultra Importance.[/QUOTE]

Did you click on your order and then click the "Complete Payment" option? That's what you have to do to get it to go through, it won't happen automatically. It should process correctly once you do that though.

[quote name='asheskitty']Front Mission Evolved hit $5.20 on GG in summer. GMG had it for $6.50 in Oct. $4.79 now on GG after 20%.
http://www.steamgamesales.com/yR58s/front-mission-evolved[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought this was a pretty good price for it. Of course GMG probably had some coupon running at the time, but still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did you click on your order and then click the "Complete Payment" option? That's what you have to do to get it to go through, it won't happen automatically. It should process correctly once you do that though.[/QUOTE]
I did so the other day. I was hesitant to try it again and risk getting double/triple-charged (original, try #1, try #2) and have to deal with getting a refund. Might as well go for the gusto though.

And... that did it. Hey, in my defense, it didn't work 36 hours ago...

[quote name='Syntax Error']I did so the other day. I was hesitant to try it again and risk getting double/triple-charged (original, try #1, try #2) and have to deal with getting a refund. Might as well go for the gusto though.

And... that did it. Hey, in my defense, it didn't work 36 hours ago...[/QUOTE]

lol, I clicked that button like 15 times and was only charged the one time it went through.

Yeah, I knew I'd have an obvious case if I was 2x/3x charged on the same invoice number but just didn't want to complicate the issue. Thanks for the push. Thief Collection is now safely in my library.

[quote name='spoderman']If they sent $50 to everyone involved, the people that weren't involved would complain that they didn't get $50. They'd have to send $50 to everyone in the entire world for people not to bitch lol.[/QUOTE]
Well, some people were bitching because they were supposedly loyal customers and wanted a piece of the cake. There's no reward for loyal customers on Steam, GMG, GameFly, GOG... Yet there are already rewards for loyal customers on GG, and they still whine about. It's just ridiculous.

Just FYI, I picked up the two pieces of Warlock DLC I didn't own with blue coins, without issues. I didn't even need to wait through the 10 min wait period to see my keys (I hate the addition of that wait period).

Yeah, I think the Blue Coin thing was mainly with Thief. At least the reports I heard regarded the Thief Collection. I could be wrong though or maybe they resolved the issue, whatever it was. Not gonna buy a game now just to test it :D

[quote name='bloodling']Well, some people were bitching because they were supposedly loyal customers and wanted a piece of the cake. [/QUOTE]

The cake is a lie...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back