GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, I woke up to see the final Steam flash deals and I missed one of the best price glitches this summer.  I should have stayed up til 2 :(

I already helped him with my price glitched pending order lol.

Cool, but I was just pointing it out for others since it is still close to $20ish which I saw was the buy price for a lot of people in the Steam thread. Not quite $15, but still a good deal.

Edit:
Also, Chivalry 4 pack comes out to $3.75 a copy after discount. Best price yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the cheapest this has been?

EDIT:
How come Blood Omen 2 (which is on GOG) isn't in this collection?
And how come Blood Omen 2 is NOT on Steam?
I think it's the cheapest it's been, but I could be wrong.. and Blood Omen 2 isn't available to buy elsewhere because it's exclusive to GOG for now.. much like System Shock 2 was exclusive to GOG for a limited time.

I think it's the cheapest it's been, but I could be wrong.. and Blood Omen 2 isn't available to buy elsewhere because it's exclusive to GOG for now.. much like System Shock 2 was exclusive to GOG for a limited time.
@Spoder

Thanks for the info, Spoder.

@Everybody

For those who played Blood Omen 2 - is it any good?

I already have LOK: Blood Omen 1 & LOK: Defiance from Retail.

@Everybody
For those who played Blood Omen 2 - is it any good?

I already have LOK: Blood Omen 1 & LOK: Defiance from Retail.
I loved Blood Omen 2, but it was also my introduction to the series so I may be a little biased. It's fun, it's a relatively standard action game with attacking/blocking but with the addition of various vampire powers you gain (mist form lets you turn into mist and stealth kill in certain areas for example.) It's very different than Blood Omen 1, and It's more focused on action than the Soul Reaver games. The controls are also a little more clunky than Defiance which can make the game difficult at certain points.

A lot of people complained about the story when it came out, but inconsistencies were tied together with the other LoK games in Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. If you like the story of the series, or the character Kain, I would highly recommend playing Blood Omen 2, if you're just looking for an action game though, there are better options nowadays.

Well, it's painfully clear now... the Steam summer sale is over, so the GG summer sale is now busting out quality sale material

F1 2012 - $10 steam

Van Helsing - $7.50 steam

Risen - $2.50 drm-free

Deus Ex complete - $11.25 steam / older are non-steam

L.A. Noire - $7.50

F1 2012 is the lowest non-glitch price, and 20%er statys really sweetens it (teeny bit cheaper UK-side 9568 BC)

Likewise for Helsing (though only 50% off indie game)

Well, it's painfully clear now... the Steam summer sale is over, so the GG summer sale is now busting out quality sale material

F1 2012 - $10 steam

Risen - $2.50 drm-free

I thought kitty was being sarcastic I'm sorry =P.

Anyway, both my orders for Van Helsing have been flagged for manual review. This is the third time this has happened there in the past 2 weeks. There new fraud prevention or glitch buying crazy checker is getting really super annoying. (The first time resulted in my account being locked for "suspicion of fraud" and getting a weeks worth of gamersgate purchases auto refunded to my PayPal account. It took like a week of back and forths with Ashot P and me sending the money that they auto refunded me back to there PayPal account to get everything straightened out and my account back to normal.)

Their deals have been great lately, but their system sucks. I've had 50 bucks worth of blue coins auto reversed due to their system and had to manually send them the money since they had already delivered the bc. second time this has happened in a month. account just got locked from paypal purchases for a few days, but thankfully I can still buy with bc.

I thought kitty was being sarcastic I'm sorry =P.
^_^ I was more puzzled than anything else. I'm also trying to report the prices in the context someone who doesn't have 20%er status... since us chosen few know that... matched best price + 20% off = as good as it gets.

I'm sorry to hear about your payment issues. I haven't had any trouble with GG with any recent purchases. (Steam sale on the other hand flagged my CC..)

Exactly how low has F1 2012 gone during a glitch?
$6.80 (after 20% + UK-pricing) on 14 March, so compare that to $8 now... (it wasn't a long glitch, iirc)

I tend to mention non-glitch when I'm aware of it or head off any confuzing "lulz I paid $2.99 for Skyram" posts

Why does my Deal of the Day banner state Grand Theft Auto Complete Package and I can't even find that product on GamersGate.  The only GTA product I even see on sale is GTA IV Complete for $7.49 (I got all excited thinking it was $7.49 for the whole GTA series).

F1 2012 - $10 steam

Risen - $2.50 drm-free

L.A. Noire - $7.50

F1 2012 is the lowest non-glitch price, and 20%er statys really sweetens it (teeny bit cheaper UK-side 9568 BC)

Likewise for Helsing (though only 50% off indie game)
Van Helsing = NOT 75% off.

It's only 50% off. :(

It's the ONLY deal here NOT 75% off.

F1 2012 - eh, I don't know.

Good price, though (75% off).

I'mma try the demo - see if i I like it.

I already own....

Risen 1 (on Steam);

Most of Deus Ex Complete from different places - Deus Ex GOTY + Deus Ex: IW from Retail; Deus Ex HR from GMG (requires Steam) + Missing Link from Steam; I don't have Tactical & Explosive DLC;

and LA Noire - Complete (from Amazon DVG).

@AshesKitty

I tried the F1 2012 Demo this morning -  I don't know what it is w/ me, but I'm terrible at games like F1 2012 Demo and even the NFS Shift series of games.

I liked the F1 2012 Demo - but, I'm quite awful at it, hehe.

I'll wait on this one.

People buying Van Helsing for $7.50.  Folks, these are the same devs that eventually priced the King Arthur games at like $2 for the whole bundle and later put them in Indie Galas.  Shame on  you, CAG.

People buying Van Helsing for $7.50. Folks, these are the same devs that eventually priced the King Arthur games at like $2 for the whole bundle and later put them in Indie Galas. Shame on you, CAG.
75% deal for me (or better) - or no deal.

People buying Van Helsing for $7.50. Folks, these are the same devs that eventually priced the King Arthur games at like $2 for the whole bundle and later put them in Indie Galas. Shame on you, CAG.

75% deal for me (or better) - or no deal.
The golden rule of CAG and one of the most often broken. Waiting for Van Helsing in a groupees build a bundle for 75 cents!!!!

Yeah, I don't understand what the hellsing was up with the Van Helsing rush. The co-op is even broken... so how many people paid 50% off for a broken game released by a dev who ends up basically giving their stuff away?  :whistle2:?

New Dalies

Ruse - $2.50 (75%, steam+uplay)

System Shock 2 - $2.50 (75%, drm-free)

Bulletstorm - $5 (75%, gfwl)

Majesty 2 Collection - $5 (75%, other drm)

Majesty 2 Collection is 85% off on the UK side, and 3440 BC.

System Shock 2 even cheaper for those 20%ers!
DRM-FREE = NO CAARDZ

Careful about duping this crowd into buying something they'd think is steam, but isn't.

Last time it happened here, they paraded around town with the guy's head on a pitchfork. For three days!

That could be your head.
That could be my pitchfork.

Honestly I'd just wait until Steam has System Shock 2 for 75% off again if you don't care if it's not DRM-free. The cards hold value pretty well (MUCH better than most games), so you'd get more of a discount via cards than GG's 20% off.

DRM-FREE = NO CAARDZ

Careful about duping this crowd into buying something they'd think is steam, but isn't.

Last time it happened here, they paraded around town with the guy's head on a pitchfork. For three days!

That could be your head.
That could be my pitchfork.
Eeek! You're right.

Not bad

GRID 2 - $30 (40%, steam) $2.50 cheaper on UK-side

Scribblenauts - $5 (83% steam)

Call of Juarez: The Cartel - $5 (75%, steam) $3 on UK-side

Awesomenauts - $2.50 (75%, steam) has been bundled

As a 20%er, SimCity was tempting since the discount would bring it down to around the $25 point.  Then I added it to my cart and found they were giving 20% back in blue coins instead of knocking it off the price like normal.  Not sure why that bothered me, but it did.

So... I guess I'll pass.

That's a good price for 5 Tom Clancy games.  Does anyone know if the Tages DRM has been converted to Uplay, since they're all Ubisoft titles?

That's a good price for 5 Tom Clancy games. Does anyone know if the Tages DRM has been converted to Uplay, since they're all Ubisoft titles?
I haven't heard any older titles registering on Uplay. But who knows?

Origin hasn't been too active about even making their older titles available for digital download. The oldest NFS on Origin is ProStreet (2007). Carbon (2006), Most Wanted (2005), & Underground 2 (2005) are not available (while it could be music licensing issues, EA got small time bands for the soundtracks -unlike Burnout Soundtracks-). All three of these run without issues on Win7-64 (and look pretty sweet after texture mods+ENB).

I haven't heard any older titles registering on Uplay. But who knows?

Origin hasn't been too active about even making their older titles available for digital download. The oldest NFS on Origin is ProStreet (2007). Carbon (2006), Most Wanted (2005), & Underground 2 (2005) are not available (while it could be music licensing issues, EA got small time bands for the soundtracks -unlike Burnout Soundtracks-). All three of these run without issues on Win7-64 (and look pretty sweet after texture mods+ENB).
Oh, I'd love for my copy of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory converted to UPlay.

Would be nice, if UbiSoft would do something about that - letting old-retail boxes register up on UPlay.

I really DO NOT like the StarForce DRM the retail-box version of the game shipped w/.

EDIT:

And bleh @ EA not re-releasing Underground 2 on Origin...and the older NFS games I own from retail (Carbon, Most Wanted 2005).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back