GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is the Wii version SUCKED :headache:

I guess the original must be quite a bit better since it's regarded rather highly, but I just can't convince myself to play another NIGHTS game after that piece of crap.
Lol, they're both about the same. The Wii version just has updated graphics with more content. It's an "artsy" series with a lot of emphasis placed on the colorful worlds rather than silly things like game play and story. ;)

Lol, they're both about the same. The Wii version just has updated graphics with more content. It's an "artsy" series with a lot of emphasis placed on the colorful worlds rather than silly things like game play and story. ;)
Or halfway decent controls, though that could certainly be just the Wii version. I'm cool with artsy games, but they have to give me something good at the expense of something else. It can't just all be bad :oldman:

New midweek sales

D&D Master Collection $4.99

D&D Neverwinter Nights Complete $7.49

I believe the last time the master collection hit 75% off was during the whole BL2 snafu last winter and this is the first time NWN Complete has hit 75%. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I bought all these games in a GOG sale like a month ago, it cost me around 25 dollars or so. Naturally they had this sale at gamersgate like a week later, and now again...could've gotten the same games for half the price. Oh well.

New midweek sales

D&D Master Collection $4.99

D&D Neverwinter Nights Complete $7.49

I believe the last time the master collection hit 75% off was during the whole BL2 snafu last winter and this is the first time NWN Complete has hit 75%. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Your recollection is correct. It might have been $5 briefly in Spring as well. Great Value™

I wish they updated their NWN to DRM-FREE.

I bought all these games in a GOG sale like a month ago, it cost me around 25 dollars or so. Naturally they had this sale at gamersgate like a week later, and now again...could've gotten the same games for half the price. Oh well.
I paid $7 in Feb 2011 for the D&D Anthology, and it was a good deal then. IIRC, around Xmas GOG has had the complete D&D works for around $22.

Daily Deal 75% off Zafehouse: Diaries (DRM Free) - $2.50

Midweek Deals:

75% off Baldur's Gate II Complete (DRM Free) - $2.49
75% off Baldur's Gate The Original Saga (DRM Free) - $2.49
75% off Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection (DRM Free) - $4.99
75% off Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete (Other DRM) - $7.49
75% off Icewind Dale Complete (DRM Free) - $2.49
75% off Icewind Dale 2 (DRM Free) - $2.50
75% off Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete Bundle (SecuROM + Other DRM) - $4.99
75% off Neverwinter Nights Diamond (Other DRM) - $2.49
75% off War of the Roses: Brian Blessed DLC (Steam) - $1.25
75% off War of the Roses Kingmaker (Steam) - $4.99
75% off War of the Roses Kingmaker - Four Pack (Steam) - $14.96

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they updated their NWN to DRM-FREE.

That's why I'm not buying it. Also, I have the $5 one on gamestop (eeew), but maybe this year end will break and buy it complete from GOG.

I paid $7 in Feb 2011 for the D&D Anthology, and it was a good deal then. IIRC, around Xmas GOG has had the complete D&D works for around $22.
mehhh...wish I could've gotten in on one of these real cheap deals Gamersgate has had for these, but at the same time, paying the 20 odd dollars I did was worth it. A collection of awesome games, all of which have a very long playtime? I'll take it.

While I don't see any reason someone would buy it now when it was just in the Humble Paradox bundle a few weeks back, I have to acknowledge the trailer, and more specifically Jazz Boatman for being one of the greatest things ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw
Hahaha this is awesome

Daily Deal 75$ off Double Fine Bundle - $11.25 [customspoiler=Includes:]
  • Brutal Legend (Steam)
  • Costume Quest (DRM Free)
  • Psychonauts (Steam)
  • Stacking (DRM Free)
[/customspoiler]

Weekend Deals:

75% off Mass Effect (SecuROM) - $4.99
75% off Mass Effect 2 (Other DRM) - $4.99
75% off Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (Other DRM) - $7.49
70% off Mass Effect 3 (Origin) - $5.99
75% off Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe (Origin) - $7.49
50% off Mass Effect Trilogy (Origin) - $19.98

75% off Wastelands Strategic Bundle - $12.49 [customspoiler=Includes:]
  • World War 2 Time of Wrath (DRM Free)
  • Storm over the Pacific (DRM Free)
  • Strategic War in Europe (DRM Free)
[/customspoiler]
75% off Pacific Pack - $11.25 [customspoiler=Includes:]
  • Air Aces Pacific (Other DRM)
  • Storm over the Pacific (DRM Free)
[/customspoiler]
75% off Air Aces Pacific (Other DRM) - $5.00
75% off Strategic War in Europe (DRM Free) $3.74

75% off EVE Online Starter Pack – Gallente Explorer - $4.99

81% off Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Steam) - $7.49
75% off Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - The Complete Collection - $9.98 [customspoiler=Includes:]
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game Of The Year Edition (Other DRM)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault (Other DRM)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade (Other DRM)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm (SecuROM)
[/customspoiler]
75% off Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2: Retribution Complete Pack - $14.99 [customspoiler=Includes:]
  • Warhammer® 40,000™: Dawn of War® II (Steam)
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution (Steam)
  • Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War® II Chaos Rising (Steam)
[/customspoiler]

...plus a bunch of other Warhammer stuff at a lowly 33% off.

Warhammer 40,000 is on sale..I'm debating whether to buy the
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - The Complete Collection for $3.40 and wait for the complete Dawn of war 2 + retribution to go on sale OR wait for the franchise collection to be on sale on steam.
*itch itch*
Assuming DRM isn't an issue (which for some it is) I think it depends on how much you want Soulstorm vs the others. Aside from the Steam DoW Franchise Pack (which was $9.99 last holiday; 12/22/12), this is the only "bundle" I've seen with it at a decent price. Though, if you don't have any/many of the others, I'd wait for the pack as it's a better value. Amazon also ran a sale last holiday (January '13) that included everything minus Soulstorm (Steam + other DRM) for $9.99.

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="11090016" timestamp="1380199741"]
True. I wonder how Sega will handle the upcoming holiday sales?[/quote]
Sega use to like bundles. Maybe Amazon or GMG will have the better deals

Edit: that $10 for the complete collection (steam) was insane. I don't think we'll see something like that again.

You never know, with the previous rumors of DoW3, they may want to put the name back out there.  Though, those were pretty recockulous sales.

Looks like that $3.40 for the DoW Complete Collection was a glitch.  Now up to $9.98.

Looks like GG is getting ready for the holiday sales.

While I don't see any reason someone would buy it now when it was just in the Humble Paradox bundle a few weeks back, I have to acknowledge the trailer, and more specifically Jazz Boatman for being one of the greatest things ever...
"You're gonna ship yourself." Oh boy, thanks for this. Now I have play this game in Jazz mode.

Assuming DRM isn't an issue (which for some it is) I think it depends on how much you want Soulstorm vs the others. Aside from the Steam DoW Franchise Pack (which was $9.99 last holiday; 12/22/12), this is the only "bundle" I've seen with it at a decent price. Though, if you don't have any/many of the others, I'd wait for the pack as it's a better value. Amazon also ran a sale last holiday (January '13) that included everything minus Soulstorm (Steam + other DRM) for $9.99.
Thanks. I decided to wait and get the complete pack rather than hunt down the parts later.

For those who didn't know: that was when THQ was bankrupt and they were effectively dumping copies of their games.
I didn't know that. Good to know.

Looks like that $3.40 for the DoW Complete Collection was a glitch. Now up to $9.98.

Looks like GG is getting ready for the holiday sales.
Oh, man - if only I wasn't at work when this glitch popped, hehe.

I wouldn't care if those were Steam keys or not at $3.40.

Also - damn, if only those were Steam keys. :(

Weekend Deals:

70% off Mass Effect 3 (Origin) - $5.99
75% off Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe (Origin) - $7.49

I have a copy of Mass Effect 3 which I got FREE after rebate through Newegg. I have yet to redeem the code for it on my Origin account. So I'm wondering if I should just sell the key for a few bucks and buy the Digital Deluxe version here. After 20% oops discount, it would only run me $5.99. And as I've previously bitched about mentioned, I've got a boatload of Blue Coins that I've never been able to find any use for.

So, assuming I can recoup some of the cost by selling my standard edition key, is the DD version worth the upgrade?

Note: I've quoted Neuro5i5, but this question is open to anybody who'd care to reply. Thanks.

I have a copy of Mass Effect 3 which I got FREE after rebate through Newegg. I have yet to redeem the code for it on my Origin account. So I'm wondering if I should just sell the key for a few bucks and buy the Digital Deluxe version here. After 20% oops discount, it would only run me $5.99. And as I've previously bitched about mentioned, I've got a boatload of Blue Coins that I've never been able to find any use for.

So, assuming I can recoup some of the cost by selling my standard edition key, is the DD version worth the upgrade?

Note: I've quoted Neuro5i5, but this question is open to anybody who'd care to reply. Thanks.
Since I love all that is Mass Effect, I'll answer. The Digital Deluxe version is worth it IMO as it includes the From Ashes DLC which is $10 on it's own. Also, some of the included N7 weapons are pretty nice (though, technically, you can unlock them with just the base game and an editor).

Since I love all that is Mass Effect, I'll answer. The Digital Deluxe version is worth it IMO as it includes the From Ashes DLC which is $10 on it's own. Also, some of the included N7 weapons are pretty nice (though, technically, you can unlock them with just the base game and an editor).
+1 for this. I bought originally just base game and ended up getting Digital Deluxe upgrade afterwards due to DLC. (Standalone DLC is never on sale)

And just to expand on the From Ashes DLC for sec, some people have mentioned they didn't like it because they didn't use the included squad member because they didn't like his character.  Being that Mass Effect is still a story driven game (even though ME3 is the most actiony of the bunch), Javik's dialogue provides some interesting insight and sometimes amusing lines to the game.  I don't think this needs to be spoilered, but if you have the From Ashes DLC take Javik with you to Thessia on at least one playthrough.

To provide a different perspective, I, as I suspect you will, have had ME3 in my backlog for about a year and have not noticed any discernible difference between it and the DD version so far.

But from an economic perspective it would make more sense to get the DD version for $6 if you eventually plan to play the DLC.

I would say it is worth the upgrade. The From Ashes DLC gives some good back story about the previous reaper invasion.

Anyone know if the mass effect 1 on there can be activated through the ea site?  It lists as securom but alot of older titles can be done through the ea activate site to get them on origin.  Just seein if anyone has any info

[quote name="ezelkow1" post="11095545" timestamp="1380344809"]
Anyone know if the mass effect 1 on there can be activated through the ea site? It lists as securom but alot of older titles can be done through the ea activate site to get them on origin. Just seein if anyone has any info[/quote]
I tried once, with my steam key (some say it can be activated on Origin too) , the "old way". It said "activated" but it doesn't. It vanished into oblivion. Then I went through CS a couple times, but nothing. Maybe I was unlucky

Anyone know if the mass effect 1 on there can be activated through the ea site? It lists as securom but alot of older titles can be done through the ea activate site to get them on origin. Just seein if anyone has any info
I got ME1 from GMG about a year ago and I was able to activate it on Origin. I don't recall if I went through the old EA activation page or the new Origin one (I suspect the former) but it's on my Origin client now.

Well just figured Id go for it anyway.  It does activate going through the ea activation website, showed up in origin without having to talk to a rep

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back