GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a long time since AP has had a good sale on Steam.  Was $2 like... two (or more) years ago on a random midweek/weekend deal.  Grabbed a Steam version when GMG had the sale.  You never know, though.  Unless you're dying to play it I'd just keep waiting.

It's been a long time since AP has had a good sale on Steam. Was $2 like... two (or more) years ago on a random midweek/weekend deal. Grabbed a Steam version when GMG had the sale. You never know, though. Unless you're dying to play it I'd just keep waiting.
Yeah, I just checked the sales history of it...it's only ever gotten down to as low as 5 bucks 3 times. But you're right, it's not a game I'm dying to play. Never know when it might drop again.

I think a couple years ago when Steam had that Friends & Family Thanksgiving sale, where you could buy 10-packs of a game, AP was $2 a copy if you got into one of those shares.  That's when I got it at least.

GMG had it for $2.62 after voucher in December of last year.

The Steam version very rarely has good sales.
Ah, OK then guess I will hold out for the winter sale(s) and hope for a decent discount. It's not a must play for me by any means, but something I've been getting more interested in for a while now. If a Sega Humble Bundle ever happens I could see it being included ;)

Rather odd for a pirates themed sale, seeing as most everywhere else had one a few weeks back. I also love how Tidalis is somehow a pirate games :wall:

I'm not seeing much of anything worth note, which I guess could explain why you only linked to the sale instead of posting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, OK then guess I will hold out for the winter sale(s) and hope for a decent discount. It's not a must play for me by any means, but something I've been getting more interested in for a while now. If a Sega Humble Bundle ever happens I could see it being included ;)
Maybe GMG will have the Sega Action Pack on sale again. Last month when they had all those bundles on sale it was what, $12 after voucher I think.

Rather odd for a pirates themed sale, seeing as most everywhere else had one a few weeks back. I also love how Tidalis is somehow a pirate games :wall:

I'm not seeing much of anything worth note, which I guess could explain why you only linked to the sale instead of posting it.
Looking through this and remembering the Steam sale a few weeks ago makes me realize how little good pirate games there are. There's like, a gazillion realistic war games, space games, zombie games, and interchangeable fantasy games, but only like 20 or so pirate games, hardly any of which are any good. I guess this might be why I'm actually interested in the upcoming Assassin's Creed for once.

Looking through this and remembering the Steam sale a few weeks ago makes me realize how little good pirate games there are. There's like, a gazillion realistic war games, space games, zombie games, and interchangeable fantasy games, but only like 20 or so pirate games, hardly any of which are any good. I guess this might be why I'm actually interested in the upcoming Assassin's Creed for once.
Yeah I've long longed for a great pirate game, but so far there has been next to nothing to fill the void. Up until Red Dead Redemption westerns shared a similar fate, and now more games such as Call of Juarez Gunslinger are starting to show up to continue the theme.

Maybe what we actually need (regardless of how I feel about Rockstar) is a Grand Theft Sloops (aka. a pirate ship) to get the cannon ball rolling ;)

Yeah I've long longed for a great pirate game, but so far there has been next to nothing to fill the void. Up until Red Dead Redemption westerns shared a similar fate, and now more games such as Call of Juarez Gunslinger are starting to show up to continue the theme.

Maybe what we actually need (regardless of how I feel about Rockstar) is a Grand Theft Sloops (aka. a pirate ship) to get the cannon ball rolling ;)
Holy crap, a Grand Theft Auto-like game where you're some badass renegade pirate and hijack pirate ships or some shizz would be the tits.

We need more than just GUN on the PC for open-world shooters using the old western-setting.

We need Red Dead Redemp here on the PC....

EDIT:

Daily Deal 75% off Alpha Protocol (DRM Free) - $3.74
That's a steal.

People bash Risen 2 and its combat system, but it's a solid pirate themed game. Sid Meier's Pirates is a classic. The Port Royale series is apparently quite good (although I have heard the newest one has some problems). Even Tropico had a pirate themed game.

I'm sure you were already aware of those, though. In case you weren't, you should check them out.

People bash Risen 2 and its combat system, but it's a solid pirate themed game. Sid Meier's Pirates is a classic. The Port Royale series is apparently quite good (although I have heard the newest one has some problems). Even Tropico had a pirate themed game.

I'm sure you were already aware of those, though. In case you weren't, you should check them out.
Once I got used to Risen 2's combat, I liked it.

Having an unlocked cam in Risen 2 makes it MUCH easier to swing from enemy-to-enemy in different directions - which was a major problem when swarmed by numerous enemies in Risen 1. Risen 2 solves this problem.

Holding the right-mouse button locks your character's cam and into a straight-forward direction (so you can strafe when moving left and right) - kind of like what Two Worlds 2 does.

The thing - getting used to this can take some time.

Yeupp. I have Risen/Risen 2, yet to play them, no interest really in Port Royale. Sid Meier's is pretty awesome. Have Tropico, as well. But I mean, that's pretty limited, ahahah. Like I said, there's hardly any good ones. That's only five games/series. As opposed to what, like 1000 realistic-ish war games every year? I want a swashbuckling open world adventure...like a bethesda game with dark souls combat. Ahhhhh that'd be so awesome.

The problem with Risen 2's combat is that it's significantly worse than the combat in Risen 1.  The downgrade is inexplicable.  All they had to do was replicate it with a few tweaks for firearms.

Daily Deal is 50% off Eador: Masters of the Broken World (Steam) - $10.00

Save up to 75% on Mac Games Weekend Sale

:headache:
I noticed that the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter upgrade pack 2 dlc is on sale for 50% off as a part of the Mac Games Weekend Sale. On the UK site, the discount brings the dlc cost down to 1619 blue coins, or 1295 blue coins with the 20% oops discount, and it yields a Steam code. Since BL2 is steamplay, the steam key it yielded unlocked the dlc for my pc installation of the game :)

I'm telling you, they're just dolling out craptastic sales while they gear up for some bankruptcy inducing BF/Holiday glitch(s).

At least, that's my hope.
While I do like really good sales from them (which don't seem to be happening as much as I'd like them to, these days)...

I like GG - and I don't want them to go into bankruptcy, though.

While I do like really good sales from them (which don't seem to be happening as much as I'd like them to, these days)...
I like GG - and I don't want them to go into bankruptcy, though.
That's OK, in order to resurrect them GMG will buy them out and relabel them as GreenManGate. The new business will have the same lackluster sales, but at least they'll provide everyone with regular 20% off vouchers. ;)

That's OK, in order to resurrect them GMG will buy them out and relabel them as GreenManGate. The new business will have the same lackluster sales, but at least they'll provide everyone with regular 20% off vouchers. ;)
I feel like there's a greater WaterGamersGate conspiracy here.

No vouchers, better sales.

Oops vouchers, sales turn to crap.

Coincidence :whistle2:k

7Jy87Tw.jpg

Not sure if I should buy. I'm experiencing quite nice glitches with GG. I've bought sonic all stars racing 4-pack for $6.75 just before sale expired, now I see those prices on X-com games. GG loves me.

Daily Deal 60% off Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle (DRM Free) - $7.20

Midweek Deals up to 75% off Jagged Alliance Games (Steam) and up to 66% off Endless Space Games (Steam)
I keep hoping that the base price of Endless Space drops before my Ooops discount™ expires, but I'm starting to think that it wont happen. 66% off of $30 isn't what I'm looking for. Even when you add the extra 20% off on top of that.

But I guess the game has been at least moderately successful (if you use the number of each card for the game on the steam market as a way of judging it). So I guess they don't really have to lower the base price right now. Probably wont see a base price drop until after the Winter sale at the earliest. :(

Why won't you be Humble Bundle'd already? I feel like the devs are watching this forum waiting for me to bite until they put it in a bundle, as I come very close to doing every time it's on sale :bomb:
I keep thinking about biting on this also, but I'm going to at least wait until winter, where it might get up to 75% off on a Steam sale, maybe.

Giana Sisters is one of my absolute favorites. I have no regrets paying the $25 I give to the Kickstarter and the new DLC/spsuedo/seuqal/whatever is just as great.

It's been on sale a number of times....for $5 or even $8 you really can't go wrong if you like 2d platformers (especially since they added the easier mode)

I keep thinking about biting on this also, but I'm going to at least wait until winter, where it might get up to 75% off on a Steam sale, maybe.
The base game has been -80% ($2.99) on Steam before, so I'd say there's a chance the bundle might hit -75% during a big sale. I wish I'd just gotten it when it was $3 though, but everything pointed to it being included in an immanent bundle so I held off. Live and learn :shame:

MrNinjaSquirrel, on 08 Oct 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:
The base game has been -80% ($2.99) on Steam before, so I'd say there's a chance the bundle might hit -75% during a big sale. I wish I'd just gotten it when it was $3 though, but everything pointed to it being included in an immanent bundle so I held off. Live and learn :shame:
yeah, sorry about that, looks like I was terribly wrong predicting it would be in an upcoming bundle :( Who in this thread wants to take one for the team so we can get a bundle?

7Jy87Tw.jpg

Not sure if I should buy. I'm experiencing quite nice glitches with GG. I've bought sonic all stars racing 4-pack for $6.75 just before sale expired, now I see those prices on X-com games. GG loves me.
oh man i saw the others but not that oh man i would love to have the 20% oops and geet it tho not enough 75% off. damn mns fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back