GameRush Deals Thread- $0.99 Retro Games and other new deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game half off.

Buy one BLOCKBUSTER Pre-owned Game at regular price and get one BLOCKBUSTER Pre-owned Game of equal or lesser value for 50% off the regular price! Offer valid on all titles and formats labeled as Pre-owned Games and Previously Owned Games for a limited time at participating stores while supplies last. Price and selection may vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

$0.99 Retro Games!

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20. Not anything else to add for now.

PAST DEALS

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks Zon27.

As of 01/25/05.

$35
Mech Assault 2
Mercenaries
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars KOTOR 2
The Getaway: Black Monday

$30
Def Jam Fight for NY
Fable
Goldeneye: RA
Grand Theft Auto SA
Halo 2
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mortal Kombat Deception
Pikmin 2
Star Wars Battlefront
The Punisher
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
THUG 2

$25
DBZ Budokai 3
NFL Street 2
Suikoden IV
Ghost Recon 2
Urbz
X-men Legends

$20
Spiderman 2 (ds)
Super Mario 64 (ds)
Tiger Woods 2005 (ds)
Urbz (ds)
Virtua Quest

$18
Conflict Vietnam
Fullmetal Alchemist
Jak III
Ratchet & Clank UYA

$12
Legend of Zelda MC

$8
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)
Need for Speed Underground
Outlaw Golf 2
Sega Classics Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
World Championship Poker

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Deals thread #4: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45872&start=0

Deals thread #3: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41216

Deals thread #2: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

Deals thread #1: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

Trade Value thread: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

Just to pinpoint it:

$0.99 Retro Games!

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are 99 cents. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price.

Also, apparently the DC is 9.99. YMMV and all that, but it kinda makes sense. I will try and confirm this later

[quote name='Wshakspear']Also, apparently the DC is 9.99. YMMV and all that, but it kinda makes sense. I will try and confirm this later[/quote]Yeah, a guy in the last thread said he got it for $10. I remember seeing one at a GameRush I go to, so I'll be sure to check the price tomorrow when I go. :)

Wow...I can't wait to hear the success stories of CAGs who find Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, or Super Mario RPG in those clearence bins. I might go looking for a GameRush for this deal, it just sounds too good to be true though. By the time I get there, they'll be offering 50 copies of ShaqFu.

Damn it I wish I would of known dreamcasts were 10 bucks they had a decent dreamcast game or two at the Novi one...Sonic adventure and tony hawk 2. Wait I already own those on gamecube and xbox. What's the use of a dreamcast anymore?

[quote name='spin03']when does the retro deal end[/quote]

Its indefinite. Game Rush is doing this to keep the games going in and out. Sorta like rentals in a way. They give a flat 25 cent credit for all games and sell them for 99 cents.

Cool, I got Donkey Kong Country and Sonic 2 for $1.50. Also I preordered Doom 3. Can't wait. Thanks for the heads up on the classic games.

What PS2 game should I preorder tonight? I dont think they are getting in Musashi Samurai Legend, so I was thinking either God of War or DMC3, maybe GT4. Cant decide. Help?

There is not one within 50 miles... that sucks, but it is part of Blockbuster so they are evil anyways.

Oh sweet, I'll have to swing by Gamerush to score in on some CAG goodieness. I wouldn't mind getting a second Dreamcast unit for $9.99 either, thanks for the info OP. :D

Games i picked up for DC today.

Spawn "In the demons hands" COMPLETE!!!!! and in perfect shape

Expendable - disk only and scratched

Super Magnetic Neo - disk only and scratched

Spawn was an awesome find considering i only payed $3 total.

On the topic of Retro Games...

It's almost guaranteed that there will be no good games left. All stores should have marked games by now (the deal came in this weeks email). I was told that many employees picked up games immediately.

The best find I had was a copy of Gragon Warrior for NES. Picked up a copy of Sonic and Knuckles to go with it for B1G1 50% off.

The Brighton, MI Gamerush was absolutely picked over. They had a total of 4 SNES games, 4 NES games, like 5 Genny games, and about 10 DC games. All the SNES and NES games were sports games, and most of the rest were too.

Luckily I snagged a mint copy of Final Fantasy Anthology for 6.99.

[quote name='mjhd']so is the .99 retro games combinable with the buy 2 used get 1 free? thanks!
melissa[/quote]

I was able to do that at a few GameRush, so I'm sure it is combinable. Although it may depend on the person scanning the items, sometimes they forget, or maybe they're unwilling to combine the deals since you're already picking games for 99 cents each. But I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask if they didn't scan the coupon for B1G1 50% off.

[quote name='mjhd']so is the .99 retro games combinable with the buy 2 used get 1 free? thanks!
melissa[/quote]Someone in the other thread said that they were not able to combine it, but it's not too big of a deal, since you're already getting a pretty good price. YMMV on it being combinable.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='spin03']is the trade 2 get any game for 35 only good on preorders?[/quote]

yes[/quote]

ok. i still need to preorder pariah. also, i may as well preorder some psp games, since i can save 5 bucks on each game.

I went to two GR's and one blockbuster (non-GR) and picked up 18 Wheeler, Silent Scope, and Seaman all for DC. It was $2.50 total, can't beat that. I really wanted to find Evolution 2 or Sonic Adventure 2. I did pick up Pen Pen Tricelon and Powerstone for $3 each in the past month at GR.

I went to the Gamerush here in Sharonsville,Ohio and they didn't have anything worth buying! All they had was two NFL games and a wrestling game.

[quote name='ramprider0']I went to the Gamerush here in Sharonsville,Ohio and they didn't have anything worth buying! All they had was two NFL games and a wrestling game.[/quote]

I already hit up that store. See my post in the other GameRush topic.. Some of that stuff came from there, but they didn't have much besides a few DC games there anyway.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']What PS2 game should I preorder tonight? I dont think they are getting in Musashi Samurai Legend, so I was thinking either God of War or DMC3, maybe GT4. Cant decide. Help?[/quote]

I was also wondering if I should get DMC3 or God of War. I haven't been keeping up with either but DMC seems more appealing to me.

I am also thinking of picking up Wanda and Colossus. That game looks awesome and it will probably be harder to find than the other 2 in the long run.

This is my mad grab at games...so I never owned a DC...but I was planning on acquiring one...I grabbed a ton of stuff yesterday...

All complete except where noted (all were .99 or .50):
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi (missing insert)
18 Wheeler
Rippin Riders
Evolution
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Space Channel 5 (disc only)
Sega GT
Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles
NFL Blitz 2000
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2
Soul Fighter (no inst)
PSO (no inst)

But get this the best score:
PSX:
Star Ocean: The Second Story (complete, discs are beyond mint, untouched) $16.99
Castlevania Symphony of the Night gh (complete, again mint as hell)$3.50
Risk (complete, one more time, mint as hell)
Breath of Fire 3 (disc only) $2.50

XB:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (no inst) ~$29.99

and I didn't have to use any cash...all with store credit and I have tons left. GR messed up with a copy of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. I bought it, wrong disc (zoe 1 was inside instead)...me = very mad. long story short returned and got FULL credit back and bought the GTA bundle back for XB...then reconsidered and got the MvC2. Good pick up the disc bottom is perfect. While cleaning it just now I accidently took some paint off the top of the disc though.

Z

[quote name='Zon27']This is my mad grab at games...so I never owned a DC...but I was planning on acquiring one...I grabbed a ton of stuff yesterday...

All complete except where noted (all were .99 or .50):
Crazy Taxi
Crazy Taxi (missing insert)
18 Wheeler
Rippin Riders
Evolution
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Space Channel 5 (disc only)
Sega GT
Star Wars Episode 1 Jedi Power Battles
NFL Blitz 2000
Sonic Adventure
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2
Soul Fighter (no inst)
PSO (no inst)

But get this the best score:
PSX:
Star Ocean: The Second Story (complete, discs are completely untouched!) $16.99
Castlevania Symphony of the Night gh (complete)$3.50
Breath of Fire 3 (disc only) $2.50

XB:
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (no inst) ~$29.99

and I didn't have to use any cash...all with store credit and I have tons left. GR messed up with a copy of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. I bought it, wrong disc (zoe 1 was inside instead)...me = very mad. long story short returned and got FULL credit back and bought the GTA bundle back for XB...then reconsidered and got the MvC2. Good pick up the disc bottom is perfect. While cleaning it just now I accidently took some paint off the top of the disc though.

Z[/quote]

Very nice haul. If your looking for a DC I have an extra one. PM me if you are intrested.

Thank you everyone for the info on the PSP preorder at GR. This was one of the last topics in the previous GR thread before it was locked. Rafissaying, where are u in So.Cal? Guess I'll just hold onto my credit and get the PSP from GR.

I checked out two stores (Fort Mill and Rock Hill) yesterday for SNES and DC games. The vast majority were old sports titles. I only picked up a few games:

SNES
Jurassic Park
Mortal Kombat

DC
Dino Crisis (complete)
F355 Challenge Passione Rossa (missing manual)

Well, at this point most GameRushes will be sold out of everything Retro besides some sports games. I was lucky enough to find 3 more NES games at my Game Rush. Got Monopoly, Ikari Warriors, and something else. Still looking for DC games.

The guy at my gamerush tried to scan the 50% off sku when I bought a few 99 cents games, but it didnt work. No biggie

Also, can anyone verify that mgs3 is worth $30 store credit?

[quote name='robot']The guy at my gamerush tried to scan the 50% off sku when I bought a few 99 cents games, but it didnt work. No biggie

Also, can anyone verify that mgs3 is worth $30 store credit?[/quote]

Given that it dropped to $20 at KBToys, its likely that they'll have had a lot of trade-ins for it over the last week, so its value may have just dropped today (Tuesday). Anyone know?

Cleaned out six local stores, one of the guys told me they mailed a bunch back to the warehouse :(, wish they would have just kept them, they don't have a website, wonder what they do with them?

[quote name='Engineer_J']Cleaned out six local stores, one of the guys told me they mailed a bunch back to the warehouse :(, wish they would have just kept them, they don't have a website, wonder what they do with them?[/quote]

Melt them into DVD rental cases.

[quote name='eraser813']Thank you everyone for the info on the PSP preorder at GR. This was one of the last topics in the previous GR thread before it was locked. Rafissaying, where are u in So.Cal? Guess I'll just hold onto my credit and get the PSP from GR.[/quote]

i work at the one in san dimas...near raging waters. kind of a far drive from highland though. im glad the preorder info helped you out.

I did okay, since I only went to one store and didn't have too much time to look for games. This is what I got for $0.99. Not all wer marked $0.99, but most of them were. My GR seemed to not have had enough time to get all of the games, but they knew that the sale was going on for sure.

DreamCast

Sonic Adventure - Disc only. Shitty condition on top, but it looks like it will play fine. I know that it's a former rental because of a BB loga on the top of the disc that doesn't come off.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Disc only. Appears to have a strange swirl thing on the entire disc, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Space Channel 5 - Mint and complete.

Worms World Party - Disc only. Has the same kind of swirl thing as SA2, but it's much worse. I hope it can play.

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 - Disc only. Has alot of scratches, but will probally play fine.

NFL 2K1 - Okay condition and complete.

Didn't see anything at all for the NES, but they had alot of SNES games, including Shaq-fu. :lol: They also had some Genesis games, but nothing I thought I should get since I don't have the system. :(

The GR I went to today didn't have a used DreamCast system, so I won't be able to play my games until I can find one. I'm going to try to go by some other GameRushes and pick up some more games and try to find a good DreamCast. :)

Sonic Adventure 2 had a price of $24.99 on the back (but had a sticker of $0.99), and was last updated in August of '04, so I think I got a pretty good deal on that.

I didn't manage to score any DC games today, sadly, as the last store in the area had a guy working there that bought them all. He said they were all sports anyways but that he had picked up Skies of Arcadia and Grandi II over the past few weeks, oh if only he hadn't worked there. He further hurt me by saying he got a MIB SNES for 16!

Grabbed another DC, first run, in far better shape at least. Also picked up 15 games with PSX deal.
FFVIII(GH:(), Legend of Dragoon, Parasite Eve, Breath of Fire IV mint :D, Tobal No.1 w/ demo, Colony Wars, Colony Wars Vengeance, Crusader, Darkstone, Kartia, Resident Evil long box MINT looks like it was never even used, FFIX, Galerians and Warhammer. Also picked up SFII for SNES and another DC controller + rumble pack. All for ~$70. I'm happy.

Has anybody seen a store that isnt doing the "Trade 2 get a predorder for $34.99". The store i went into didnt have a clue about what i was talking about. Is it a set date that these things are supposed to start?

Well I just got back from my gr...

Seems like the employees didn't even know the 99 cent for retro games existed. They thought I was an idiot for even suggesting such a thing.

Oh wells, I got starfox and air force delta for 2 bucks.

[quote name='sj41']I did okay, since I only went to one store and didn't have too much time to look for games. This is what I got for $0.99. Not all wer marked $0.99, but most of them were. My GR seemed to not have had enough time to get all of the games, but they knew that the sale was going on for sure.

DreamCast

Sonic Adventure - Disc only. Shitty condition on top, but it looks like it will play fine. I know that it's a former rental because of a BB loga on the top of the disc that doesn't come off.

Sonic Adventure 2 - Disc only. Appears to have a strange swirl thing on the entire disc, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Space Channel 5 - Mint and complete.

Worms World Party - Disc only. Has the same kind of swirl thing as SA2, but it's much worse. I hope it can play.

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 - Disc only. Has alot of scratches, but will probally play fine.

NFL 2K1 - Okay condition and complete.

Didn't see anything at all for the NES, but they had alot of SNES games, including Shaq-fu. :lol: They also had some Genesis games, but nothing I thought I should get since I don't have the system. :(

The GR I went to today didn't have a used DreamCast system, so I won't be able to play my games until I can find one. I'm going to try to go by some other GameRushes and pick up some more games and try to find a good DreamCast. :)

Sonic Adventure 2 had a price of $24.99 on the back (but had a sticker of $0.99), and was last updated in August of '04, so I think I got a pretty good deal on that.[/quote]

just out of curiosity, what GR's did you go to?

OP> thanks for the heads up!

'Not much left in my area; in fact, some of the employees flat out told me they nabbed all the 'good stuff' once the .99 sale officially started.

I hit both GR's in Glendale, CA.. and one in North Hollywood. 'Managed to find a few i needed:

-Q-Bert ( NES )
-Gyromite ( NES )
-R-Type ( SNES )
-Stealth ( NES )

***AND, this may be a total ymmv, BUT my GR applied the 'Buy One, Get One 50% off' promo ON TOP OF the .99 deal! I'll scan the reciept later on.***

Even more exciting: discovering yet another odd game i never knew existed for the PS1: "Sheep"!!! Cute little Sanrio-looking sheep that are *really* undercover space aliens studying the planet! Wow... i can't wait to play it. It's gotta be the greatest game ever ^_^ ...and it was just 5 bucks.

-Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back