Gamerush deals thread (50% off Select Nintendo Titles / B2G1 PO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMR

Banned
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSH and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

This First Post has all the basic information you could ever want. Please consult here before just asking a question. Or don't, it's entirely up to you :)

Please keep all discussion regarding "flipping" in the following thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Trade-In Deals

None at this time :(

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

50% off Select Nintendo Titles (New only). May 31 - End of June?

Gamecube
StarFox Assault
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (without Bongos)
Paper Mario
Pikmin 2
Mario Power Tennis
Legend of Zelda Four Swords
Custom Robo
Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Party 5
Eternal Darkness

GBA
F-Zero GP Legend
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
Zelda II, Metroid and Castlevania (Classic NES Series)
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Pinball Land
Final Fantasy I & II
Mario Golf

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 Preowned PS1 Games for $15!

Was 5 PS1 Games for $20 or 10 for $35... see a trend?

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - June 20th

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Due to rampant abuse, this deal will be ended early. It was scheduled to last until September.

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of

The most recent flyer is dated June 14, 2005. Thanks to Zon27 for typing it up.

Front top: advertises Buy 2 get the 3rd Free on all Pre-owned games.
Front bottom: advertises Pre-owned PS1 games 5 for $15

Trade prices:
$35:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas XB

$30:
Doom 3
Forza Motorsports
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Jade Empire
NBA Street 3 (all sys)
Star Wars Episode III (ps2, xb)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (all sys)
Unreal Championship 2

$28:
Advent Rising
MVP Baseball (psp)
NBA Street Showdown (psp)

$26:
Area 51 (ps2, xb)
Pariah

$25:
Mario Party 6

$22:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (psp)

$20:
Batman Begins (ps2, xb)
Madgascar (ps2, xb, gc)
Medal of Honor European Assault (all sys)
Need for Speed Underground (ds)
Star Wars Episode III (ds)

$18:
Pokemon Emerald
WarioWare: Touched!

$15:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Outcast (gc)
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tiger Woods 2005 (ps2, xb)
WarioWare: Twisted!

$12:
Polarium

$10:
Major League Baseball 2K5 (ps2, xb)
Outlaw Volleyball: Remixed (ps2)
Suikoden III

$8:
Burnout 2: Point of Impact (gc)
Def Jam Fight for NY (ps2)
Frogger Beyond (gc)
Simpson's Road Rage (gc)
Star Ocean: Til The End of Time
Tales of Symphonia
WarioWare Inc. Mega Party Games

Hardware:
PSP $160
PS2 Slim $85
XBox $85
PS1 $10

Accessories:
GC Steering Wheel (any brand) $5
GC Wavebird Battery pack (any) $3
PS2 Memory card (any) $7
PS2 AV-S Video Cable (any) $3
PSP Safe Case (any) $3
Universal LSC Game Screen (any) $20
XBox DVD Remote (any) $7
XBox value Wireless Controller (hip Brand) $6
XBox High def AV Pack (any) $6
XBox Controller (any) $5
XBox Dance Pad (any) $5
XBox Component Cable (any) $3
XBox Headset only (any) $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy

$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Conker XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)
XBox 360 Games

OTHER INFO

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must be 18 and have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush. If you are not 18, you can trade under a parent or guardian's BB acount, but they must sign a trade agreement.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by "flipping" games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to. Remember, discussion of "loopholes" and "flipping" should be kept in the thread linked at the beginning of this post. We've all had a year's worth of discussion on the ethics of capitalizing on the loopholes, but the fact remains - you sign a Trading Agreement and are subject to the conditions you agreed upon. If you abuse the system, chances are it'll catch up to you one way or another.

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...sj41 has access to these, but really there is no reason for you to want them except for nostalgia.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.

Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.

CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He was the second in charge of the GameRush OP.

drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.

Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.

And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='shipwreck']I buy a freakish amount of video games and 68 pre-orders still sounds like a lot to me. If you could legitimately swing it though, I see no problems with it. It takes a lot of time, effort, & cash to pre-order that many games if you don't flip. Heck, even if you do flip, that still takes a lot of time & effort.[/QUOTE]

I know I'd pre-order 68 games if I could get away with it, and had the time & inclination to do so. Looking at the games EngineerJ has traded in, it looks like he's hit most of the recent sales like the CC 1.99 clearance and has scored all of the cheapies from EB, etc. More power to him!

Anyway, some interesting news, two favorite trade-in titles have actually gone UP in value:

PS2 Nightmare of Druaga now gets $20, up from $18
Xbox Powerdrome has gone up to $12.50, used to be $11

I guess people out there really are buying used Powerdromes from GR for $24.99!!!

Here's my report on the rest of the Gamerush's in Tampa Bay - namely the two in Clearwater.

The Gulf to Bay store has been tore up... you won't find ANYTHING worthwhile at this store. Only a collector's edtion MK Deception for ps2, and Metal Gear Acid, Wipeout Pure along with two or three Jak 3's.

Enterprise Rd was a little better... they still have a Prince of Persia: Warrior Within along with Shadow Hearts: Covenant... I didn't feel either were worth the trade 3 deal since they are relatively cheap to begin with.

Got Super Mario Bros 3 for GBA, I figure I'll never see this hit below 29.99 MSRP so I might as well pick it up.

So yea... all the stores here are essentially cleaned out. There's a Jade Empire LE at the 49th Street N store for the lucky CAG who can get to it.

[quote name='dinovelvet']
![/QUOTE]

And if this is true, I'm cleaning out the local EB's (well I'll leave 1 or 2 copies) of Druaga's.

$20 bucks of Druaga's gives you $40 in credit? I'm so there.

What's BB's general limit of taking multiples of the same item to trade at a single store? 2?

And do I need to set up a separate account at each different location?

PV

[quote name='purevim']What's BB's general limit of taking multiples of the same item to trade at a single store? 2?

PV[/QUOTE]

I know the trade in deal's have limits of 2... not sure if the actual trade in process has limits if you're not doing a deal. I'd really only do 2 a day or so because if you do 4 or 5 at a time that dosen't look real good.

And if you have a Blockbuster card, all you have to do is fill out the trading agreement at each store.

[quote name='purevim']What's BB's general limit of taking multiples of the same item to trade at a single store? 2?

PV[/QUOTE]

Max of 2

Not a seperate account, but you need to sign another trade agrement

I got a question for the credits in GR account..

Today i was picking up some PO games and tried to pay the bill by cancelling a pre-order that i had.

The lady said shes not supposed to give full $50 credit but only $29.99 which is what i paid for with the promotion..

I've changed many pre-orders to pay for games in the past..

Does it not work for PO? or is she just a jackass..

[quote name='dinovelvet']Anyway, some interesting news, two favorite trade-in titles have actually gone UP in value:

[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's freaking amazing. I held off on Druaga this week because I thought it would DROP. I'm getting a few more to do two more preorders then (I'll match one up with a different title and go in 2 different days - I never like to push it with even 2 of the same game at the same time).

I haven't seen a Powerdrome for a long time...

To harunim - you were lucky if you were getting the full $50 back from preorders (when you used the $30 deal to get them). There's certainly nothing wrong with what she said - you were just spoiled from your lucky experiences previously...

[quote name='harunim']I got a question for the credits in GR account..

Today i was picking up some PO games and tried to pay the bill by cancelling a pre-order that i had.

The lady said shes not supposed to give full $50 credit but only $29.99 which is what i paid for with the promotion..

I've changed many pre-orders to pay for games in the past..

Does it not work for PO? or is she just a jackass..[/QUOTE]

Most informed employees that know about the PO deal will only give you what you paid. That's the way it is around at my local GR

Also thanks io for posting that list. I didn't think I was going to preorder anymore games since they stopped allowing me to preorder xbox 360 titles, but I saw a couple of new xbox games on that list so I decided to trade in my remaining games.

Also for those of you with a Fry's nearby. Cold Winter is on sale for 14.99 and the GR trade-in value is $25.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Most informed employees that know about the PO deal will only give you what you paid. That's the way it is around at my local GR[/QUOTE]
I think it all depends on the manager. My local GR manager does the full 50 as does all the staff but a farther one with a real jerkoff of a manager will only give what you paid. I think 50 is more fair since they can't/don't return your games that were traded in.

Ive got a quick, Simple question:

If the trade 3 get one for $5 ends on Monday; does the Buy 2 used get one free end at the same time? Will we be seeing this deal again (or any others for that matter)

[quote name='ksuwild25']Also thanks io for posting that list. I didn't think I was going to preorder anymore games since they stopped allowing me to preorder xbox 360 titles, but I saw a couple of new xbox games on that list so I decided to trade in my remaining games.

Also for those of you with a Fry's nearby. Cold Winter is on sale for 14.99 and the GR trade-in value is $25.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I really think those lists need to go into the OP, even though the deal is ending. I'm sure they will bring back SOME sort of preorder deal when they see how much the preorders drop off after Monday.

Looks like I'll be making a swing by Fry's and then EB tomorrow :D - thanks for the price on Cold Winter, I was wondering about that after seeing it in the Fry's ad today.

why are they going after CoryCubed . they should be going after Virgil the manager in Riverside, the la sierra store. He's the one screwing up everything. Just check out the numbers. Also GAMECRAZY had a regional meeting, and they are going to stop price matching buy back prices because of Gamerush specifically. I guess a lot of people don't want to get accused of flipping, so they take all the good games they buy cheap from Gamerush, and sell them to GAMECRAZY. So all Gamerush has managed to do, is insure no one trades back the good games they buy. Sigh, well at least the deal ends on the 20th, so no more drama for awhile. And flipping is not illegal in CA, it's basically the same law that protects consumers here that covers people buying and selling houses for profit.

[quote name='dmode249']And flipping is not illegal in CA, it's basically the same law that protects consumers here that covers people buying and selling houses for profit.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter if it's illegal or not -- the trade agreements do say that they can refuse trades from you for pretty much any reason.

I was wondering if you get banned at a Blockbuster will you lose the pre-orders at another Gamerush. I think the Blockbuster manager dosn't like me for some reason and I want to make sure he dosn't try to screw me out of something I have at another store. Can he ban someone corporate wide and if so do you lose everything? I do not abuse the deals, I just try to get the games I want at a good price. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry about the spelling.

[quote name='swetooth9']i think 16 - 18[/QUOTE]

thx... i was considering doing the B2G1F for two RE: Outbreaks ($16.99) and one other game at that price.... i think Ninja Gaiden trades in for $20 at FYE (but all their products are overpriced)... not sure if I'm getting maximum value at BB though.

[quote name='sabin23']thx... i was considering doing the B2G1F for two RE: Outbreaks ($16.99) and one other game at that price.... i think Ninja Gaiden trades in for $20 at FYE (but all their products are overpriced)... not sure if I'm getting maximum value at BB though.[/QUOTE]

It gets $12 or around that at Gamestop... you're getting maximum value, trust me.

Might even get less now that they know Ninja Gaiden Black is coming.

I trade in Ninja Gaiden Xbox yesterday and I got $17 for it. It's the store in Sepulveda, Southern California. The guy that did the trade-in even complemented me in how I kept the game in great condition. Weird, but still made me day.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Most informed employees that know about the PO deal will only give you what you paid. That's the way it is around at my local GR[/QUOTE]

See the thing is in the past, when i buy a new 39.99 game with cancelling a pre-order, they would give me the full 50 credit and the $10.xx change to my value card..

Isn't that how its supposed to be? They did say you can always change your pre-orders toward other new game purchases of the same price...

Im gonna stop by again today and talk to a different guy..

-Went to a local blockbuster and scored a new copy of FF9 greatest hits for 6.99
-Got three cheapos while I was there
-traded them in for a god of war at gamerush
-while at gamerush I spotted a tetris attack (SNES) on the counter
-Got tetris attack, ultima the black gate (terrible game but decently rare), and nhl 1995 (only other SNES game they had) for 1.99
-back to playing emulators on psp :whistle2:D

[quote name='stager36']I just read through my trade agreement and can't find anything about flipping or banning. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

No, but your missing the section that says BB can do whatever it likes.

[quote name='harunim']See the thing is in the past, when i buy a new 39.99 game with cancelling a pre-order, they would give me the full 50 credit and the $10.xx change to my value card..

Isn't that how its supposed to be? They did say you can always change your pre-orders toward other new game purchases of the same price...

Im gonna stop by again today and talk to a different guy..[/QUOTE]

When I first cancelled some preorders, they gave me the full 29.99 + $20.00 on a card. After a while they stopped giving me the full $50 credit and said I could only get the actual credit I paid ($29.99 + tax). Most employees will let me switch preorders, but there are still some that insist that I have to trade in another 2 games if I want to switch(these have always been regular BB employees though, who do not seem to understand that I already traded in two games to get the game I want to switch).

The example you stated above, they should have gave you the 39.99 game without any extra money, since the 2 for 29.99 deal would have only taken $10 off the 39.99 price. This should work the other way too. If you have a game you preordered that is worth $39.99 you should be able to switch it to a $49.99 game without paying any extra money. The only time I have ever paid extra money when I have switched a preorder is if the game was over $49.99.

It sounds like the managers at your blockbuster may have decided to change on how they handle cancelled preorders, so I would just start to preorder games you intend to keep.

For those with Gamecubes looking for a couple last preorders, here's some that are in the system:

Chibirobo
James Bond From Russia With Love
King Kong
Mario Baseball (finally!)
Marvel Nemesis
Prince of Persia 3
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shrek Superslam
Sonic Gems Collection
Spartan
TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare
THUG 3
Ultimate Spiderman

While its not guaranteed that Gamerush will receive all of these titles, you should have the option to switch them to different games.

i want to use this deal just once but get no luck. the gamerushs closest to me[25/30 min away] have practically nothing. and one probably has been victim to flipping because this store has like 5+ copies of one out of every five games or so..also i called the other to see if they have god of war and the guy goes "we have one in the back but have to hold it for 30 days" wtf? is that a policy or something he just made up?? oh well enough of this. hope you guys have better luck..

oh quick question.. can i use that value card or credit to buy gift cards? or does the value card work at other bb stores? thanks

[quote name='menewbe']
oh quick question.. can i use that value card or credit to buy gift cards? or does the value card work at other bb stores? thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

It annoys me that the trade two/29.99 deal is getting axed early...especially since I'm one of the few that didn't trade in complete shit games when I did it. Getting Forza and GTA:SA for XBox for like 15 bucks the week they came out was pretty neat. But I guess I'm not surprised, people can find a way to ruin everything.

Oh well. One deal goes down, another one pops up.

today was wack. i went to a GR go trade in some games for the last time and they told me that i was flagged from lost prevention from "flipping". this sucks because the game that i traded in was a game that i didn't even like (nfsu 2). i was really upset but i wasn't really worrying about it since the deals are ending really soon. anyone else get this problem from trading in a game that they didn't like??

[quote name='rafissaying']today was wack. i went to a GR go trade in some games for the last time and they told me that i was flagged from lost prevention from "flipping". this sucks because the game that i traded in was a game that i didn't even like (nfsu 2). i was really upset but i wasn't really worrying about it since the deals are ending really soon. anyone else get this problem from trading in a game that they didn't like??[/QUOTE]

dude, don't sweat it, you missed a whole 2 days. I haven't been able to trade for 3 weeks. Call the DM and ask for an explanation. If you haven't flipped ask him to review you account history, and point out what you may have done wrong.

Traded in:
Nightmare Of Druaga $20
Wipeout Pure $22
Enclave $1.50

Purchased:
Winning Eleven 8 (XBX) $5
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (GC) $24
Cubivore $16
Rallisport Challenge 2 FREE

Pretty good for the last time on this deal IMHO :D

[quote name='stoned99']dude, don't sweat it, you missed a whole 2 days. I haven't been able to trade for 3 weeks. Call the DM and ask for an explanation. If you haven't flipped ask him to review you account history, and point out what you may have done wrong.[/QUOTE]

are they letting you trade now???

[quote name='drfrielgood']For those with Gamecubes looking for a couple last preorders, here's some that are in the system:

Chibirobo
James Bond From Russia With Love
King Kong
Mario Baseball (finally!)
Marvel Nemesis
Prince of Persia 3
Shadow the Hedgehog
Shrek Superslam
Sonic Gems Collection
Spartan
TMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare
THUG 3
Ultimate Spiderman

While its not guaranteed that Gamerush will receive all of these titles, you should have the option to switch them to different games.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it drfrielgood! I have persistently checked on Mario Baseball for weeks now and it finally paid off today. I was in making a trade for preorder and asked about the "Nintendo Baseball" that was on the preorder sheet. Turns out that really is supposed to be Pennant Chase Baseball. But he looked up Mario Baseball and it was in there! So I jumped all over that. I had just checked 2 or 3 days ago and it wasn't in there. Makes me wonder what else they added into the system (besides the other GC games in drfrielgood's post)! Any ideas, drfrielgood? Maybe they just added GC titles this go around (but I'm hoping some PS2 and PSP games made it in as well).

I asked about Mario Strikers (soccer game), and Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire for PSP - no go on those... He said "maybe next week". Makes me think he isn't aware the deal is ending Monday :D.

I stopped by Fry's to get a Cold Winter and found out the sale ended a few days ago. Hmmmphhh... I really do need to scrape together some more games as I want to preorder Y's for PSP, and maybe 1 or 2 more. I checked on Fire Emblem and the one in the GR system is the GBA version and "it is already out". I wish they'd straighten that out but I doubt they will before Monday. My GR is strict on the NO preorder switching (let alone refunding!) so I can't put in a placeholder game and switch it later.

[quote name='rafissaying']are they letting you trade now???[/QUOTE]

No, but I have heard that other people have been reinstated as long as they can prove no flipping on their account. If your mostly clean (not buying from 1 store and running to the next store), talk to your DM.

I think most of the banning has been done by the DM's and not corporate, so being flagged for loss prevention is a bit of a stretch. Loss prevention usually means stealing which is an absurd argument.

Good luck, and I don't think you're really going to miss out on much of anything in the next month or so. I had to return a bunch of games to eb after I was banned, the EB manager was laughing his ass off when he heard GR have no POX list. You're best money makers in the near term is using your credit to buy 2 Get 1 Free and trade those games in to GS and Wherehouse. Check the wherehouse.com page for the high credit trades, and use the GR flyers to make GS price match. For me the trading aspect of this whole thing is something of an intellectual game in making my dollars stretch for farthest, there are lots of alternatives to GR. Apparently I was trading for profit, but I keep checking my bank account and I only see money going out :)

It was just a fun ride while it lasted.

I don't understand why some stores don't allow you to switch preorders. Whenever a customer switches preorders it adds another preorder to the store's tally for the day.

Gamerush tip #456:

Make sure the god damn game is in the case when you go to trade it in.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle (damnit...)

[quote name='rafissaying']today was wack. i went to a GR go trade in some games for the last time and they told me that i was flagged from lost prevention from "flipping". this sucks because the game that i traded in was a game that i didn't even like (nfsu 2). i was really upset but i wasn't really worrying about it since the deals are ending really soon. anyone else get this problem from trading in a game that they didn't like??[/QUOTE]

Wait you got flagged? From which GR?

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Wait you got flagged? From which GR?[/QUOTE]

yeah at the covina one. i was trying to trade in some games i got at eb games but they gave me the low down of what happened. ever since i quit GR i have only been getting games for myself and the one game that i didn't like and i traded back in, i get flagged.

[quote name='rafissaying']yeah at the covina one. i was trying to trade in some games i got at eb games but they gave me the low down of what happened. ever since i quit GR i have only been getting games for myself and the one game that i didn't like and i traded back in, i get flagged.[/QUOTE]

Have a friend do the trade, or goto another GR and open a new account. Worse comes to worse by the time they catch it, the deals will be over anyway.

I did my final trade at GR today and promptly spent all the credit I have, save for $10. GR can officialy rot in hell

For the "Trade 3 Get PO $5," do you get credit for the games you trade in?

----------------------

Can any CAG who's done this deal or someone who works at BB/GR, hook me up with some info on this? I thought you're supposed to get credit for the games you trade in that you can use toward the $5 game (with any remaining amount going on your account).

I traded in 6-games (worth a whooping $6.50 in credit!) for 2-games (Mechassualt 2 & First to Fight). My total should have been $3.50 ($10 less $6.50 credit) + tax... but the BB refused to apply the store credit and said I must pay $10... they said the credit disappears once you trade in the games for this deal.

This seems like a stupid policy. What's my incentive to trade in anything of value (like I did at another store, $17 Ninja Gaiden, $12 March Madness 2005) if the credit from the games I trade in "disappears?"

-----------------------

I've been to 7 BB (no GR in my area), 5 of them I had no problem... one store didn't run the promotion and this particular store was the only one that didn't let me use the credit. Apparently I must have been the first to try the deal at this BB (they didn't even have the scanning coupon, had to call another store for the promo #).

I didn't make a big fuss over it since I know as a CAG, you win some and you lose some... I'm just glad that before the deal ends on 6/20, I have 15 new games I like through the “3 games for $5” offer & “2-for-1.” How should I proceed or can anybody give me insight about their experiences?

[quote name='io']You beat me to it drfrielgood! I have persistently checked on Mario Baseball for weeks now and it finally paid off today. I was in making a trade for preorder and asked about the "Nintendo Baseball" that was on the preorder sheet. Turns out that really is supposed to be Pennant Chase Baseball. But he looked up Mario Baseball and it was in there! So I jumped all over that. I had just checked 2 or 3 days ago and it wasn't in there. Makes me wonder what else they added into the system (besides the other GC games in drfrielgood's post)! Any ideas, drfrielgood? Maybe they just added GC titles this go around (but I'm hoping some PS2 and PSP games made it in as well).

I asked about Mario Strikers (soccer game), and Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire for PSP - no go on those... He said "maybe next week". Makes me think he isn't aware the deal is ending Monday :D.

I stopped by Fry's to get a Cold Winter and found out the sale ended a few days ago. Hmmmphhh... I really do need to scrape together some more games as I want to preorder Y's for PSP, and maybe 1 or 2 more. I checked on Fire Emblem and the one in the GR system is the GBA version and "it is already out". I wish they'd straighten that out but I doubt they will before Monday. My GR is strict on the NO preorder switching (let alone refunding!) so I can't put in a placeholder game and switch it later.[/QUOTE]

Cold Winter just went on sale on Friday and should continue until Tuesday. This is according to the Dallas ad.

Southern California heads--I got burned today.

Arcadia GR...my home store for the last year told me that I had a memo on my account saying that I "breached trade in policy". I wanted an explanation from the clerk, as I have never "flipped" a game there (flipping meaning buying a game there, then trading it back at that location via one of the deals) nor have I even ever done more than ONE trade deal a day...I usually am there once a week! But they said that I would have to speak with the manager, who was on her break.

I was pissed, but I took my games to 2 local blockbusters and did the 3 for 5 no problem at both of these locations.

So does this "ban" apply to only that particular GR or what?

Also, how do I go about talking to the DM--I know the trade in deals are ending soon but I don't want to lose my ONE preorder...I can't believe they pulled this on me...seriously, I'm not even a big time trader...sad, really.

Also, I have been making sure all my credit is on value cards--those are safe from being wiped out, correct?

Screw GR--I only traded in top quality titles the entire time that were bought up within a week of trading them in...seriously, it's the scum that have 68 titles preordered that ruin the entire system.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I don't understand why some stores don't allow you to switch preorders. Whenever a customer switches preorders it adds another preorder to the store's tally for the day.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can explain or make sense of this then. They told me they can't switch (even ones that aren't coming in till November/December) because they have ordered and paid for it and then they will get "stuck" with the stock. This is the explanation I got. I preordered Burnout Revenge for DS and would *really* like to switch it for Burnout Legends for PSP when it gets in the system (I forgot to ask about that today). Beyond the absurd notion of being "stuck" with the stock (won't one copy of a game sell eventually?), do they really order/pay for these things so far in advance? Does it get submitted to a central DB and is that store then really "stuck" with a copy of that game?

On NCAA Football 2006 for Gamecube they are telling me I can switch it if, after the release date, a GC version does not exist, because in that case they will not have paid for it (since it doesn't exist). They seem a little confused to me :D. At what point would they have paid for it? I mean, this kind of contradicts what they said about paying for everything in advance.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Cold Winter just went on sale on Friday and should continue until Tuesday. This is according to the Dallas ad.[/QUOTE]

Not in Portland I guess. I had them scan it - $19.99.

[quote name='sabin23']
For the "Trade 3 Get PO $5," do you get credit for the games you trade in?[/QUOTE]

Well, I think you know the answer to this (as you did get the credit at the other stores) - yes, you are supposed to get the credit :D. In fact, they are supposed to take your games as a normal trade, and then ring up the PO game and scan the barcode to get it to be $5. Really, at least the couple of times I've done it, it is a separate transaction. To make your credit go away they must simply not be posting it to your account, which is kind of creepy. And you are right - they would have been flooded with EVEN MORE cheapo titles than they have been if they didn't give the credit along with the deal. You said it seemed like it was the first time that store did the deal - they probably just misintepreted it (as my GR did at first in requiring $30 worth of trade-ins, which, apparently they never enforced but it kept me away for several weeks!).

Gamerush employees have become hostile cunts regarding "flipping". The manager of the local Blockbuster threatened to call the police on me after an attempt to trade in games, only to find out I had been banned. Of course they have the right to refuse your business, but nowhere does it say on the trade agreement your trade account can be terminated without a valid reason. I know others have had their accounts flagged/banned for flipping too. Apparently, Blockbuster has no regard for the Trade Contract, so since the contract is void, Class Action anyone?
Sorry for venting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back