Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

Pariah is getting $35.

I traded in:
Star Wars Episode 3: $35
NBA Live 2004 (x2): $8
Portal Runner: $1

And for $11.00, I pre-ordered Shadow of Colossus and Advent Rising.

Anyone know if they have any Xbox 2 games in the system? I saw the release sheet and they still did not have SW: Battlefront 2 on it.

Anyone know the trade in value of Hitman: Contracts and Deus Ex?

[quote name='omfglol']At my Gamerush (Stow, OH) they stated last weekend that the trade 3-get-$5-bonus deal was long since over...not that the deals weren't stackable. Hrm.[/QUOTE]
Who told you that? What did they look like? That's my regular GR and I just went this past Saturday and did it fine. Tall dude with glasses and side burns named John is the manager for the GR section, try and get him if he is there next time. They've been training a lot of new people over the past few weeks so they might just have not known.

[quote name='Zennousha']Who told you that? What did they look like? That's my regular GR and I just went this past Saturday and did it fine. Tall dude with glasses and side burns named John is the manager for the GR section, try and get him if he is there next time. They've been training a lot of new people over the past few weeks so they might just have not known.[/QUOTE]

OK, so there is a definite trend here in that store policies/deals/changes seem not to be very well communicated to the staff - each deal is YMMV in various ways with different staff around. This happens at all stores to some extent - but it seems fairly rampant at GR these days! Hopefully it isn't everyone being all jittery over Blockbuster's future (just read an article in the paper about some fighting at the board level and concern over the viability of BB - I hope they last until I can get a PS3 or Revolution with all my trade credit :D).

[quote name='jkircos']Pariah is getting $35.

I traded in:
Star Wars Episode 3: $35
NBA Live 2004 (x2): $8
Portal Runner: $1

And for $11.00, I pre-ordered Shadow of Colossus and Advent Rising.

Anyone know if they have any Xbox 2 games in the system? I saw the release sheet and they still did not have SW: Battlefront 2 on it.

Anyone know the trade in value of Hitman: Contracts and Deus Ex?[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Pariah is getting only $26 before bonus.

[quote name='io']

So, CoryCubed, the return policy is that new items can be refunded? Wonder why she had to "note it on my account" to allow me to return then? Maybe she was just being careful. Oh well, I'll expect that part to be no problem then - thanks. Any ideas why she said they got in trouble for the double-dipping? This might just be with their manager (who I *never* see any more). This GR is not in a district so I'm not sure who he reports to (ie, no district manager). Edit: Now that I think about it I know the manager has done the stacked deals for me himself, though not in a month or so.[/QUOTE]

New items can be returned only if they are unopened. You can only receive the refund back in the way you payed for it (credit, cash, check, card, etc.).

She probably noted the account as Blockbuster is being really picky lately with "credits" and is just covering her bases. Also if someone tries to say different if its not her checking you out next time its their for them to see.

These are the value I got on Sunday. These are before the $5 bonus:

Unison - PS2 - $1.50
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance - Xbox - $8.00
Resident Evil: Code Veronica PS2 - $1.50
Mega Man Anniversary Collection PS2 - $8.00
Conflict Desert Storm II Xbox - $7.00
Zone of the Enders PS2 - $1.50
Soul Calibur II Xbox - $8.00
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Xbox - $8.00
R: Racing Evolution Xbox $5.00
Primal PS2 - $1.50

These I did on the side towards new games:
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact PS2 - $18.00
Grand Theft Auto III xbox - $5.00
Contra: Shattered Soldier PS2 - $7.00
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PS2 - $1.50

All in all, it was pretty good.

I found out that the GR manager at the store I frequent was fired for stealing credits from customers accounts. Make sure you get all your credit on a value card because once the credit is gone, there is no way for it to be given back since it will only say what was bought but not who bought it. Make sure you know how much is on your account and check frequently.

Yeah there is some infighting on the board of BB corporate. If BB is doing so bad, then why are the people in corporate making fat bonuses? I wish I had a job where I was part of profit sharing... sigh. I just hope BB stays around for a while, I have made some friends with the csrs there.

[quote name='Zennousha']Who told you that? What did they look like? That's my regular GR and I just went this past Saturday and did it fine. Tall dude with glasses and side burns named John is the manager for the GR section, try and get him if he is there next time. They've been training a lot of new people over the past few weeks so they might just have not known.[/QUOTE]

Tall, glasses, thinning light brown hair--let me return Area 51 for Burnout 3 tho, so eh.

Anyone know what Donkey Konga 2 is getting? I'm really not digging the tracklist, and since this gives me my 4th set of drums, I really don't need the game.

[quote name='nakanenui']I found out that the GR manager at the store I frequent was fired for stealing credits from customers accounts. Make sure you get all your credit on a value card because once the credit is gone, there is no way for it to be given back since it will only say what was bought but not who bought it. Make sure you know how much is on your account and check frequently.
[/QUOTE]

Just to add something to this.

Some store managers maybe into the old ways or some may get greedy to cut down on their credits. Blockbuster does have a clause stating that credits on accounts are only valid for 180 days.

I caught my store manager last week doing this and I had to make sure she wasn't doing this with trade in credit as for now blockbuster does not differentiate the credit on the account from credits for defective movies and whatnot. Accidents do happen and its very easy to get credits confused on accounts.

This is another reason you should always get a value card.

[quote name='omfglol']Tall, glasses, thinning light brown hair--let me return Area 51 for Burnout 3 tho, so eh.[/QUOTE]
That's him. He's the only tall guy with glasses that works there all the times I've been there over the past 6 months. Very strange. He was the one that talked the BB manager through what games I could use to do it for me Saturday. I have no idea why he said that to you.

[quote name='CoryCubed']New items can be returned only if they are unopened. You can only receive the refund back in the way you payed for it (credit, cash, check, card, etc.).

She probably noted the account as Blockbuster is being really picky lately with "credits" and is just covering her bases. Also if someone tries to say different if its not her checking you out next time its their for them to see.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, went in today and had no problem returning it and getting $29.99 credited back (this was the Shadow Hearts Covenant that I bought for that much not a trade 2 get new for $30 deal). The double-dip, however, is officially dead here. I think I know why - they shuffled employees all over the region, and the GR got a new manager who I think made the change. I saw one of the GR guys at my local BB today (where he got transferred) - he wasn't happy about changing stores.

Funny thing is this new manager (or assistant manager) came from another regular BB that I traded in a few games to just 2 weeks ago. At the time he knew nothing of the $5 bonus deal and I had to show him the signs hanging above him to clue him in on it. Now he's the GR manager or assistant manager at least (he seems to be in charge of the other people who have been there a while anyway). Wonderful...

Well I'm trying to get the last few pre-orders before the deals change.

Does anyone know the trade in value of Rayman DS or Hitman: Contracts?

hey guys what's a good game to pick up at TRU using the 20 % off coupon that gets a good trade credit at Gamerush? I need to stock up on games for the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal.

[quote name='jkircos']Does anyone know the trade in value of Rayman DS or Hitman: Contracts?[/QUOTE]

I see Contracts is being sold at $12.99 or so preowned. So I dont think you'll get more than $10 after bonus $5.

I saw a used Everquest Online Adventures on the shelf today marked $1.99...a good candidate for the upcoming trade 3 get one for $5.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']hey guys what's a good game to pick up at TRU using the 20 % off coupon that gets a good trade credit at Gamerush? I need to stock up on games for the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal.[/QUOTE]

Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage for GC (one TRU near me had it for $9.98 a while back but ran out and at another I just got one a few days ago for $10.98). It trades for $23 with the bonus. Just DON'T GET the PS2 version - it will only fetch $8 or something. I had traded a few of these in very early during the $5 bonus and kind of forgot about it. I should have gotten a few more from TRU - it (still) is almost as good as Constantine (used to be).

So, today I went to the regular BB (with the former GR employee now there) and got $23 for GC PowerPuff, $10 for PS2 Auto Modellista, $12 for PS2 MAT1 (thanks Best Buy and CAG!), and $8 for PS2 NBA Live 2004 ($53 credit for $22 spent, one of my better ratios!). Nothing new about the last 3 - just confirmations on there being no price drops this week. I am surprised they haven't dropped Powerpuff, but I guess the game has been out for a while and probably not that many have come in nationally, so they've had no reason to drop it.

I will need to make another Best Buy trip to get one more MAT1 to save for future preorders, but other than that I think I might take a break from running all over town for a bit!

So, the final tally for my preorders and new game purchases during the 2 overlapping deals is:

GC
Legend of Zelda
NCAA Football 2006

PS2
Burnout Revenge
Final Fantasy XII
Gran Turismo 4
Jak X
Kingdom Hearts 2
Psychonauts
Radiata Story
Ratchet Deadlocked
Shadow of Colossus
Star Wars Ep. III

NDS
Kirby Canvas Curse

PSP
Death Jr.
Gran Turismo Mobile
Hot Shots Golf (no double-dip on this one)
Jak & Daxter
Lumines
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Untold Legends

All for an average out-of-pocket cost of about $13 (so without the $5 bonus the cost would have been $23, which is still good but not quite as sweet - if only I had managed my purchases/trades a bit better I could have gotten that average down under $10!). Not bad. Can't help feeling a bit sad that the deal is over and probably will never be repeated (at least the combo of the two deals at my GR anyway).

If I had to pick between the two, I'd definitely take the trade 2 for $30 deal - so I am very glad that is continuing all summer. It is just that without the $10 bonus per title it makes it a bit more difficult to choose which to get (plus I've been spoiled for so long!). For several of the games on my list above, I have no idea if I'll like them, but could afford to take a chance. I will have to be a bit more selective and get only A-list titles from now on.

Ones I'm pretty sure I want:
NDS - Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, new Mario Bros. (lots of other games I'm keeping my eyes on but I'm worried my GR has stopped getting DS games entirely - no Pac-Pix, no Star Wars Ep. III)
PSP - Burnout Legends, Tales of Eternia
PS2 - Tales of Legendia
GC - Mario Baseball

[quote name='io']Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage for GC (one TRU near me had it for $9.98 a while back but ran out and at another I just got one a few days ago for $10.98). It trades for $23 with the bonus. Just DON'T GET the PS2 version - it will only fetch $8 or something. I had traded a few of these in very early during the $5 bonus and kind of forgot about it. I should have gotten a few more from TRU - it (still) is almost as good as Constantine (used to be).

So, today I went to the regular BB (with the former GR employee now there) and got $23 for GC PowerPuff, $10 for PS2 Auto Modellista, $12 for PS2 MAT1 (thanks Best Buy and CAG!), and $8 for PS2 NBA Live 2004 ($53 credit for $22 spent, one of my better ratios!). Nothing new about the last 3 - just confirmations on there being no price drops this week. I am surprised they haven't dropped Powerpuff, but I guess the game has been out for a while and probably not that many have come in nationally, so they've had no reason to drop it.

I will need to make another Best Buy trip to get one more MAT1 to save for future preorders, but other than that I think I might take a break from running all over town for a bit![/QUOTE]

Must have missed that thread...what about MAT1 at Best Buy?

[quote name='Zon27']Must have missed that thread...what about MAT1 at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Just that it is $5 after the PS2/PSP coupon that someone posted here (along with any other $9.99 Best Buy game). It just happens to have the best GR trade value of any of the ones I've seen though. Most of them are $1.50 trades, a few $5. It is the only $7 one (that I know of), so it is still worth trading after the $5 deal ends if you need filler. For those who don't know: MAT1 = Midway Arcade Treasures 1. It seems to be a likely price drop candidate though so hopefully anyone who finds out will keep the rest of us informed.

[quote name='io']

Ones I'm pretty sure I want:
NDS - Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, new Mario Bros. (lots of other games I'm keeping my eyes on but I'm worried my GR has stopped getting DS games entirely - no Pac-Pix, no Star Wars Ep. III)
PSP - Burnout Legends, Tales of Eternia
PS2 - Tales of Legendia
GC - Mario Baseball[/QUOTE]

I picked up DS Star Wars Episode III, even preordered it

[quote name='Zon27']I saw a used Everquest Online Adventures on the shelf today marked $1.99...a good candidate for the upcoming trade 3 get one for $5.[/QUOTE]
I tried to trade in my copy of Everquest a few months back and they wouldn't take it, said it wasn't in the system even tho they had a used one for sale. Just a warning so you don't wind up wasting 2 bux. ..

I HAVE THE NEWS! I'm on an extremely short break so this will be brief.

The Trade 3 preowned get 1 for $5 is confirmed. it is on the new trade flyers as well. I have barcodes and everything. It begins May 17 and should go till September 5!. All the usual restrictions apply and cannot be combined with any other offer.

Also I have semi-confirmation of the other deal that someoned mentioned. My district manager (who just left) told me about it that it was going to be 5 for $25 on any preowned under $10 (9.99 downwards).

There's some other deals as well. All preowned ps1 will go to 5 for $15 and new PS1 is going to be buy 1 get 1 free. A few others but I gotta get back.

BTW I start my new store beginning next week...

Thanks for the update Cory. For those of us lacking in the GameRush department, what are the odds that these deals will also be in effect at BlockBuster (specifically the 3 for $5 deal)?

[quote name='CoryCubed']I HAVE THE NEWS! I'm on an extremely short break so this will be brief.

The Trade 3 preowned get 1 for $5 is confirmed. it is on the new trade flyers as well. I have barcodes and everything. It begins May 17 and should go till September 5!. All the usual restrictions apply and cannot be combined with any other offer.

Also I have semi-confirmation of the other deal that someoned mentioned. My district manager (who just left) told me about it that it was going to be 5 for $25 on any preowned under $10 (9.99 downwards).

There's some other deals as well. All preowned ps1 will go to 5 for $15 and new PS1 is going to be buy 1 get 1 free. A few others but I gotta get back.

BTW I start my new store beginning next week...[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this means that none of the games selling for $9.99 or less will be allowed as trade-ins for the trade 3, get one for 5 promo.

hey i have a question about this trade in 3 get a PPV for $5. this might be obvious, but do you still get the credit on the 3 games, or not? thanks, sorry if this is stupid question. great deal if you do get credit

[quote name='jevon90']hey i have a question about this trade in 3 get a PPV for $5. this might be obvious, but do you still get the credit on the 3 games, or not? thanks, sorry if this is stupid question. great deal if you do get credit[/QUOTE]

yes, you still get the credit for the 3 games you trade in.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Are they taking PS1 games for the "trade in 3 get one for $5" like they did last time? Or am I just dreaming?[/QUOTE]

no.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']How much are they giving for Star Wars Republic Commando now? I need to know ASAP. Thanks[/QUOTE]

That's three times you've asked...why not just call the store and find out?

[quote name='Engineer_J']I picked up DS Star Wars Episode III, even preordered it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for some reason, the manager at my GR has it in his mind that DS games don't sell. I know I've bought 4 there (2 new, 2 used) but maybe I'm the only one.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Are they taking PS1 games for the "trade in 3 get one for $5" like they did last time? Or am I just dreaming?[/QUOTE]

According to what has been said previously, you're just dreaming.
No wrestling, previous year sports titles, or pre-current generation games.

It really puts a damper on the greatness of the promo. :cry:

Yeah no ps1.

Also my DL mentioned that we'll be having a huge % of sale on a lot of the older new items. No word when that or the other deal starts.

As for the other deals they all begin Tuesday. Also many markets should be getting coupons in their newspapers. (from the look of the paper it was the major gr districts except Oklahoma City/Tulsa area).

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free also begins the 17th.

I'll update the op here by the end of the weekend.

damn, wish i werent going to stockton and then to lake tahoe next week. hope there are some pickings when i get back.

Has anyone gotten the midway arcade treasures with their preorder of area 51?

I believe it will be good at all stores and I don't see why the barcodes wouldn't work (if they have a gr near by you could just say well I saw it at another store can you see?)

As for the other 5 for $25 deal I don't see why it wouldn't work on the trade 3 get preowned for $5 unless Blockbuster actually took some time to properly configure and update their pos for it.

[quote name='nakanenui']damn, wish i werent going to stockton and then to lake tahoe next week. hope there are some pickings when i get back.

Has anyone gotten the midway arcade treasures with their preorder of area 51?[/QUOTE]

Yes I got it, I went in there expecting to have to argue about it, but I didn't even have to bring it up, they just handed both games to me. Some however have reported not getting the MAT2, so it is YMMV.

[quote name='CoryCubed']
As for the other deals they all begin Tuesday. Also many markets should be getting coupons in their newspapers. (from the look of the paper it was the major gr districts except Oklahoma City/Tulsa area).
.[/QUOTE]

Corey, do you have any specific info on what these coupons are?

[quote name='spin03']is burnout legends (PSP) in the system. game looks amazing[/QUOTE]

I asked yesterday and they couldn't find it.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Yeah no ps1.

Also my DL mentioned that we'll be having a huge % of sale on a lot of the older new items. No word when that or the other deal starts.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free also begins the 17th.

I'll update the op here by the end of the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I keep trying to get out and they keep pulling me back in!!! The huge % off sale on older new titles sounds great. Combine that with the trade profit I've built up and I could be getting some of these games dirt cheap. Unfortunately I've bought quite a few 'older' new PS2 titles already from Gamerush. Now I need to think about returning a few and waiting for this deal... I had no intention of playing them any time soon anyway. Hmmm... Of course you will post as soon as you know more details, I'm sure. I just wish they had a better selection of Gamecube games. There are some GBA games I might pick up though if the discount is good enough (say at least 20%, or buy 1 get 1 50% which would be awesome for the new games).

I assume, also, that the trade 2 get a new/preorder for $29.99 is remaining in place as you stated a while back? No mention of that recently so I want to be sure.

Thanks for all the info CoryCubed - now to plan if/when I want to return some more of my new games and take a chance on them still being there if and when the discount comes... Hmmm...

[quote name='camelking6969']i will have to take a week off work, but could have new xbow paid for in 2 days and a psp and any stinkin games i want:D[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you have done this with the $5 bonus already (Buy cheap new games, trade in at GR)? Or are you talking about doing it for minimal cash out of pocket by flipping games between GR/BB's? I feel bad enough trading in (as used) brand new games I got other places at GR and BB that I don't think I could handle flipping used ones, but that's just me... I'll admit to doing ONE flip - when there were 2 used games I wanted at GR but they had the buy 2 get 1 sale, I picked a third game just to take to the local BB to trade in - I sure wasn't gonna pass up a free game! :D

[quote name='camelking6969']hmmmm, i hope block buster stays in buisness[/QUOTE]

If they dont, I wonder who could be to blame...

[quote name='camelking6969']i will have to take a week off work, but could have new xbow paid for in 2 days and a psp and any stinkin games i want:D[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, YOU.

For god's sake man, dont kill the goose that lays golden eggs. And if you do (which it sure seems you have no problems with, flipper) dont come whining when it all goes down the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back