Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

Funny, it is totally YMMV. The GR closest to me told me they can't adjust the price one way or the other for box, manual or cart only. When I traded in 2 complete GBA games, the guy was shocked. All the other GBA games were cart only.

[quote name='JSweeney']Eh, just a YMMV warning.
Many of the Gamerushes I visited this afternoon would not accept a trade in GBA games without the original box. This greatly reduces the value of this particular promotion for me.

Oh well, the stores around me are looking pretty picked over as it is, and after getting the cream of the crop of thier new games over the past few weeks, the Trade in 1 to get a "new hot" game for 39.99 is looking pretty anemic right now as well.

Oh well, I guess it getting the point of just waiting for a restock and just taking advantage of the B1G1 50% off.[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']Funny, it is totally YMMV. The GR closest to me told me they can't adjust the price one way or the other for box, manual or cart only. When I traded in 2 complete GBA games, the guy was shocked. All the other GBA games were cart only.

[quote name='JSweeney']Eh, just a YMMV warning.
Many of the Gamerushes I visited this afternoon would not accept a trade in GBA games without the original box. This greatly reduces the value of this particular promotion for me.

Oh well, the stores around me are looking pretty picked over as it is, and after getting the cream of the crop of thier new games over the past few weeks, the Trade in 1 to get a "new hot" game for 39.99 is looking pretty anemic right now as well.

Oh well, I guess it getting the point of just waiting for a restock and just taking advantage of the B1G1 50% off.[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, the best thing to do is probably call the 3 Gamerushes that are closest to you and find out what they say... I could go over to Novi or so and probably be allowed to turn them in.. but I don't feel like driving that far (that, and I'd be canabalizing Shakespear's gamebase. I try to stay out of the specific stores other CAGs mention.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='jshorr']moo
[quote name='JSweeney']Quack[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, the best thing to do is probably call the 3 Gamerushes that are closest to you and find out what they say... I could go over to Novi or so and probably be allowed to turn them in.. but I don't feel like driving that far (that, and I'd be canabalizing Shakespear's gamebase. I try to stay out of the specific stores other CAGs mention.[/quote]

Oh, dont worry about it.Its the third farthest gamerush from my house, and honestly i much prefer the commerce location. besides that, I've pretty much got any game i could want now.

Oh, and ive traded in cart only and cd only at that store and have no problems (novi)

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='jshorr']moo
[quote name='JSweeney']Quack[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, the best thing to do is probably call the 3 Gamerushes that are closest to you and find out what they say... I could go over to Novi or so and probably be allowed to turn them in.. but I don't feel like driving that far (that, and I'd be canabalizing Shakespear's gamebase. I try to stay out of the specific stores other CAGs mention.[/quote]

Oh, dont worry about it.Its the third farthest gamerush from my house, and honestly i much prefer the commerce location. besides that, I've pretty much got any game i could want now.

Oh, and ive traded in cart only and cd only at that store and have no problems (novi)[/quote]

Yeah.. of course, I don't feel like the 1+ drive to get there.
Of course, I've got most of what I want anyway... every time I go in now, its hard to see anything that I REALLY want, and all the other ones are either "I kinda want this", or so cheap that it's easy enough to buy it on the B1G1 50% off.

Hey, if I printed off the coupon for the trade a game get any new game for $29.99, would I still be able to use it?

I just used that coupon yesterday (Novi Road/9 Mile). The guy at the counter informed me that the promotion ended last monday, but I informed him that I had just printed the coupon off the website, and also added that the coupon had NO EXPIRATION DATE printed on it. So he honored it!

SWEET! Luckily, I printed the coupon off a FEW times and will be going back for Spiderman 2 this week for only $29.99!

Yeah BOY!

Xphyle

[quote name='Xphyle']I just used that coupon yesterday (Novi Road/9 Mile). The guy at the counter informed me that the promotion ended last monday, but I informed him that I had just printed the coupon off the website, and also added that the coupon had NO EXPIRATION DATE printed on it. So he honored it!

SWEET! Luckily, I printed the coupon off a FEW times and will be going back for Spiderman 2 this week for only $29.99!

Yeah BOY!

Xphyle[/quote]Good. I guess I will be able to use it then. I'm starting to wish that I had printed more than one off but it's not a big deal. I should be going today and I'm going to try and get some xbox cases.

Good. I guess I will be able to use it then. I'm starting to wish that I had printed more than one off but it's not a big deal. I should be going today and I'm going to try and get some xbox cases.

Just don't go to the 190/78 store... I just got back and they only had 1 green case. They were also picked clean of any decent games.
The kid said he threw away all the green cases. I told him he needs to start keeping them and I'll even bring back their black cases.

I traded in some old ass PS1 games and got Jedi Outcast for Xbox for $7 out of pocket.

Does GR have a policy against accepting BB games?
a local BB is closing and i bought some PS2 games to trade in for the Trade in 3 get a PO for $5. two of them have BB stickers on the discs. Just wondering.

[quote name='fireball343']Does GR have a policy against accepting BB games?
a local BB is closing and i bought some PS2 games to trade in for the Trade in 3 get a PO for $5. two of them have BB stickers on the discs. Just wondering.[/quote]

BB meaning Block Buster? Than no, they dont have a problem.

If anyone still wants to use that $29.99 new release coupon, I saved it and uploaded it to my space.

http://www.pitt.edu/~csf1/grcoupon.pdf

Hopefully they'll continue to accept these for a while, since they have no expiration date. I personally won't be using one until mid-July on Tales of Symphonia...

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='fireball343']Does GR have a policy against accepting BB games?
a local BB is closing and i bought some PS2 games to trade in for the Trade in 3 get a PO for $5. two of them have BB stickers on the discs. Just wondering.[/quote]

BB meaning Block Buster? Than no, they dont have a problem.[/quote]

GameRush will accept games from other Blockbuster stores, but you must wait one day after first getting them from BB before trading them back in. They've apparently caught on to how you can bolster your credit by trading in games that you get with the "trade in 2, get any PO for $9.99" promotion, and while they're not ending the promotion, they're trying to slow down the people who take advantage.

According to my store, the $29.99 coupon that I posted is no longer valid after 6/30. Just enough time to get Spider-Man 2. And I also couldn't use it to pre-order Spidey... Which is a shame, since I'd like to get the $10 GC for pre-ordering!

Hello, I am back! Anyone miss me? :p

Anyway, the buy 2 get one PO for 9.99 is still valid, right? I really didn't want to read back like 7 pages since my last post...

Yeah, it's still valid. The newest flyer on 6/28 still features that sale.

[quote name='Nephets']Hello, I am back! Anyone miss me? :p

Anyway, the buy 2 get one PO for 9.99 is still valid, right? I really didn't want to read back like 7 pages since my last post...[/quote]

Anyway, the buy 2 get one PO for 9.99 is still valid, right? I really didn't want to read back like 7 pages since my last post...[/quote]

Sure is, I made about $50 out of it yesterday.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, it's still valid. The newest flyer on 6/28 still features that sale.

Anyway, the buy 2 get one PO for 9.99 is still valid, right? I really didn't want to read back like 7 pages since my last post...[/quote][/quote]

Hey Shipwreck, where are you getting these flyers? Do you work for BB or so you have a buddy that let's you look through them? The local GR's here don't seem to be so open to making me a copy of their price lists.

[quote name='jshorr']Also another quick question....the SC: PT I got from gamerush last month was in a blockbuster case, not an xbox case. I didn't notice if all of them were like that. It wasn't an issue because I wound up trading it back to Gamerush, but has anyone had any issues trading gamerush PO games into EB or Gamestop? Do they require you to have the original xbox, ps2 or gc case?[/quote]

I traded in 4 GameRush PO games into my EB yesterday. Spent $34 at GameRush and ended up with $70 in EB credit. Making another trip to GameRush today to pick up a few copies of Nascar 2004 and Tiger Woods 04.

They are just displayed on the counter. Like Wshakspear said, they should have a big stack of them for customers to take. Sometimes they'll have two different flyers (one glossy and one on normal type paper).

[quote name='jgb0607'][quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, it's still valid. The newest flyer on 6/28 still features that sale.

Anyway, the buy 2 get one PO for 9.99 is still valid, right? I really didn't want to read back like 7 pages since my last post...[/quote][/quote]

Hey Shipwreck, where are you getting these flyers? Do you work for BB or so you have a buddy that let's you look through them? The local GR's here don't seem to be so open to making me a copy of their price lists.[/quote]

They are just displayed on the counter. Like Wshakspear said, they should have a big stack of them for customers to take. Sometimes they'll have two different flyers (one glossy and one on normal type paper).

Hmmm, the only flyer I have seen is the one that shows the top most wanted games with their trade in value.

[quote name='jgb0607']

Hmmm, the only flyer I have seen is the one that shows the top most wanted games with their trade in value.[/quote]

Flip those over. They usually have sales on the other side. (If those are the same flyers I'm talking about). Those are the normal paper type ones.

[quote name='Snowcone'][quote name='jshorr']Also another quick question....the SC: PT I got from gamerush last month was in a blockbuster case, not an xbox case. I didn't notice if all of them were like that. It wasn't an issue because I wound up trading it back to Gamerush, but has anyone had any issues trading gamerush PO games into EB or Gamestop? Do they require you to have the original xbox, ps2 or gc case?[/quote]

I traded in 4 GameRush PO games into my EB yesterday. Spent $34 at GameRush and ended up with $70 in EB credit. Making another trip to GameRush today to pick up a few copies of Nascar 2004 and Tiger Woods 04.[/quote]

trade them back into gamerush if they let you, you probably would get more 8)

The GR that I normally go to is fresh out of good games. I still have another one but it's farther away. I've gotten so many games from them I'm very happy.

Well, I just got back from my local Game Rush, and for a total spent of 10-11 dollars or so, I got 007: Everything or Nothing, and that 9.99 Mario/Yoshi figure for free (my third one!)

I got Metal Gear Solid 2 for 4.99 at Gamestop, because you get 7 dollars for it, and Eternal Ring for 4.99, I ended up getting 3 dollars for that. I used that 10 dollar credit to get my Bond game and I just had to pay taxes for it.

Note: I also picked up two 2K3 PS2 sports games at Game Rush: NFL2K3 and NCAA2K3, 2.99 each, and got 50 percent off both titles on accident, so I only paid like 3 dollars or so for both! I plan on trading them in at another Game Rush soon so I can get a preowned game for 9.99.

Note: my Game Rush is apparently offering the "Trade one game in, get a new game for 39.99 or less". I'm sure someone else posted it, but, I see that they realizing offering new games for 30 dollars is a losing situation and changed it up.

Oh, this is fairly off-topic, but, is Mega Man Anniversary Collection out yet? I'd like to get that for 9.99 when it's preowned in about a month or so, but is it even out yet?

The collection is out.

After work im gonna trade in Psi-Ops with the printed out "29.99" coupon to get Spider-man 2. We'll see how that goes.

that stupid 10 for every gba is over, I went in yesterday and they wouldn't let me :(!

so I have to return what I got at ebgames and I lose 1.99 for shipping

but last time I was at gamerush I traded in hitman contracts with a cracked case and I found the game so I bought the same one with trade 2 in get one for 9.99 and got the same game and traded it back in for 30, lol. So at least I am a little happy. They actually had good games now and the new flyer said they will give 100 for ps2, 100 for xbox 70 for gamecube, 15 for a genesis, 15 for an n64 and 35 for spiderman 2. Good deals now.

They told you no on the $10 GBA games, or they scanned in as less than $10? That would suck, I took a gamble on some preowned 3.99 crap gba games from EB. I can still trade them in to qualify for the 9.99 PO deal, but it would have been extra nice to get $10 each.

Anyone else get these same results?

Edit: I called my local gamerush and they said it's still on, but that means next to nothing. They never know when the deals are ending so I could get there and they'll ring up as 1 cent each :)

[quote name='scuba']that stupid 10 for every gba is over, I went in yesterday and they wouldn't let me :(!

so I have to return what I got at ebgames and I lose 1.99 for shipping

but last time I was at gamerush I traded in hitman contracts with a cracked case and I found the game so I bought the same one with trade 2 in get one for 9.99 and got the same game and traded it back in for 30, lol. So at least I am a little happy. They actually had good games now and the new flyer said they will give 100 for ps2, 100 for xbox 70 for gamecube, 15 for a genesis, 15 for an n64 and 35 for spiderman 2. Good deals now.[/quote]

[quote name='cicada17']I just picked up Spiderman 2 for $7.09 after trading in Wild Arms 3.[/quote]

I know it varies wildly, but how much credit did yuo get for Wild Arms 3?

Did you use them towards 9.99 PO deals? If so, then it's still a good deal.

I wonder if the $10 credit will disappear from all GR computers automatically now or if it will be YMMV.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote]

The $10 GBA deal shouldn't be over. The coupons that they have at my Blockbuster say that it goes through 7/25.

Oh, and my GameRush was still doing the trade 1 get a new game at $29.99 deal. I didn't even have to ask for it. He just rung it up that way, so it must still be in the computers there. Hopefully, others find this to be true.

[quote name='jshorr']Did you use them towards 9.99 PO deals? If so, then it's still a good deal.

I wonder if the $10 credit will disappear from all GR computers automatically now or if it will be YMMV.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='dtcarson'][quote name='cicada17']I just picked up Spiderman 2 for $7.09 after trading in Wild Arms 3.[/quote]

I know it varies wildly, but how much credit did yuo get for Wild Arms 3?[/quote]

He got $25 for it. He goes to the same GameRush's that I do.

I have that ad at home, with the coupons. But was the $10 GBA credit actually one of the coupons? I think I remember above the coupons, the info about the 9.99 deal and the $10 GBA game deal....I *think* it says limited time offer, but i don't know if it gives a specific end date for that. I could be wrong, I hope so....

[quote name='shipwreck']It shouldn't be over. The coupons that they have at my Blockbuster say that it goes through 7/25.

[quote name='jshorr']Did you use them towards 9.99 PO deals? If so, then it's still a good deal.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Nope, it's a coupon. Says right on the back of it that it expires 7/25. Even if they took it out of the system, you'd have a hard time not winning this argument.

[quote name='jshorr']I have that ad at home, with the coupons. But was the $10 GBA credit actually one of the coupons? I think I remember above the coupons, the info about the 9.99 deal and the $10 GBA game deal....I *think* it says limited time offer, but i don't know if it gives a specific end date for that. I could be wrong, I hope so....

[quote name='shipwreck']It shouldn't be over. The coupons that they have at my Blockbuster say that it goes through 7/25.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

[quote name='Wshakspear']The collection is out.

After work im gonna trade in Psi-Ops with the printed out "29.99" coupon to get Spider-man 2. We'll see how that goes.[/quote]

lemme know how that works out, cause my gamerush (in staten island) says the deal changed to $39.99. Sucks.

Cool, thanks. Does it say that there's a limit on it? I have it at home but thought i'd ask now if you've got it in front of you.

[quote name='shipwreck']Nope, it's a coupon. Says right on the back of it that it expires 7/25. Even if they took it out of the system, you'd have a hard time not winning this argument.

[quote name='jshorr']I have that ad at home, with the coupons. But was the $10 GBA credit actually one of the coupons? I think I remember above the coupons, the info about the 9.99 deal and the $10 GBA game deal....I *think* it says limited time offer, but i don't know if it gives a specific end date for that. I could be wrong, I hope so....

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Sorry, I don't have it in front of me. I scanned it in and posted it in a topic somewhere around here, but I didn't scan the back where the details are. I know the dates on all the coupons were the same though.

[quote name='jshorr']Cool, thanks. Does it say that there's a limit on it? I have it at home but thought i'd ask now if you've got it in front of you.

[quote name='shipwreck']Nope, it's a coupon. Says right on the back of it that it expires 7/25. Even if they took it out of the system, you'd have a hard time not winning this argument.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Wow.
I wish there was a Gamerush near me. For some reason, there are absolutely none in the suburban/big city areas anywhere near me, except Charlotte NC, which is not really 'near' me.

GBA minimum $10 is over, it's not a YMMV, it's system wide. The only reason the $29.99 new game thing still works is because it's a barcode that technically still works, although the deal has ended everywhere. Somewhere in this thread as well as in store I heard the code will most likely reset after today.

Hey Robot,

Which location do you go to? I go to Victory the most. I went to Hylan once too and the manager was a fucking c$nt, excuse my french. So I don't plan to go back to that one.

Oh well about the GBA $10. At least I can use them for the PO 9.99 deal. Anyone know how much Iridion 3D gets you :) I only paid 3.40 each so it's still a sweet deal.

[quote name='robot'][quote name='Wshakspear']The collection is out.

After work im gonna trade in Psi-Ops with the printed out "29.99" coupon to get Spider-man 2. We'll see how that goes.[/quote]

lemme know how that works out, cause my gamerush (in staten island) says the deal changed to $39.99. Sucks.[/quote]

[quote name='shipwreck']The $10 GBA deal shouldn't be over. The coupons that they have at my Blockbuster say that it goes through 7/25.

Oh, and my GameRush was still doing the trade 1 get a new game at $29.99 deal. I didn't even have to ask for it. He just rung it up that way, so it must still be in the computers there. Hopefully, others find this to be true.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The $10 for GBA is over. I traded in 3 GBA games today and only around $2 each for them. Kinda sucks, that was over pretty quick.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

WTF!

Can you PLEASE do me a HUGE favor and scan the ad and give me a link?

PLEASE! I am soo pissed :(

Iridion 3D trade value is $1.50.

On another note, I traded in Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes and Mario Party 4 and got SpiderMan 2 for $2.29 (after using the coupon for the $29.99 deal).

yea it sucks! I thought that ad said it wasn't over until another month but I guess I was wrong :( at least I can return the crap.

I got $25.00 trading in Wild Arms 3 (PS2) yesterday. Bought it at Circuit City for 10.66 after tax. Still several left at Circuit City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back