GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

[quote name='edavis0780']Has anyone heard anything about DS Lite shipments at GR? I've got a bunch of credit saved up specifically for that and I don't feel like wasting more time and gas in order to convert GR credits into EB/GS/GC credits. I've called a few times but they can't even find the part number for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it's been said that it is in the system....maybe they just are not aware. I'm hoping they get another next-gen system in their system...PS3 or Wii. I have $430+ in credit saved up....if not, I can break down and get a few 360 games.

[quote name='doubledown']I thought it's been said that it is in the system....maybe they just are not aware. I'm hoping they get another next-gen system in their system...PS3 or Wii. I have $430+ in credit saved up....if not, I can break down and get a few 360 games.[/QUOTE]

It IS in the system. It's under "polar white nds lite" or something like that. I put down money on one (a small amount) and they said that it was more likely to be sent to their store that way.

Probably BS, but the credit is doing nothing for me just sitting around...

Any more news on games to shift credit from GR to GS/EB? I know that Megaman Anniversary sells well at Gamestop...Anything else?

Well, I think it may be true to "pre-order" something there. I always got my 360 games when I pre-ordered (and XBOX games). I think it tells the store to order more than normal. I could be wrong, so who knows.

[quote name='Archaic']It IS in the system. It's under "polar white nds lite" or something like that. I put down money on one (a small amount) and they said that it was more likely to be sent to their store that way.

Probably BS, but the credit is doing nothing for me just sitting around...

Any more news on games to shift credit from GR to GS/EB? I know that Megaman Anniversary sells well at Gamestop...Anything else?[/QUOTE]

Yep, I finally found it in the system today. It's under NIN-NDS Polar blah blah blah

The only bad thing though, is that they have zero on order. It doesn't 100% mean they aren't getting them in, but it certainly wasn't what I wanted to see pop up on the screen.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, I think it may be true to "pre-order" something there. I always got my 360 games when I pre-ordered (and XBOX games). I think it tells the store to order more than normal. I could be wrong, so who knows.[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience that preorders have little to no bearing on what they order. This is particularly true when they have decided to order zero as shipwreck found with the DS Lite (and Botticus and I have found with numerous DS games). That most likely means they won't order them, no matter how many you preorder. Then there's always the times when they order them but never get them in (Metroid Prime Hunters, Viewtiful Joe DS, Tales of Legendia, etc).

However, they did get 2 copies of Odama in, most likely because I preordered 1. But that seems to be the exception :D.

So I was thinking of buying some of the clearance games that have been sitting around forever and trading them into EB to transfer credit (eg, MegaMan Anniversary). What I was wondering is if the used versions of these games are also cheaper? Does anyone know? Chances are they don't even have any, but I thought it might be worth a look. For example, if Megaman Anniversary is $10 new, is it $8 used? Or did they not adjust the used prices? If not, that would suck as they definitely adjusted the trade-in values WAY down on those games. Just thought I could save a few $$ in oh-so-valuable GR credit by snagging any used copies of these games :D. Of course I'll check the prices next time I'm there, but I haven't been to my GR in a while.

From what I've seen they haven't really adjusted the used prices for most of the 50% off games. That does mean that despite the drastically reduced trade-in prices, many are selling for 1.5x as much used as they are new now.

A note on MegaMan Anniversary Collection -- someone had reported $11 for the GC version a while back, but when I checked today it was down to $5. Might want to double-check on the PS2 version before picking up any copies at GR.

[quote name='TimTucker']From what I've seen they haven't really adjusted the used prices for most of the 50% off games. That does mean that despite the drastically reduced trade-in prices, many are selling for 1.5x as much used as they are new now.

A note on MegaMan Anniversary Collection -- someone had reported $11 for the GC version a while back, but when I checked today it was down to $5. Might want to double-check on the PS2 version before picking up any copies at GR.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I have a $2 one from Kmart that I'll trade at EB ($5 or $8, doesn't matter). Then I'll know if it dropped and if it is worth getting the $10 ones at GR. It could be $8 for PS2 and $5 for GC. There is a difference in MAT2 between PS2 ($6) and GC ($4). This is all at EB/GS by the way so we don't confuse people in this thread :D. MAT2 would have been another good xfer game between GR and EB if the 75% had happened :bomb:.

[quote name='io']So I was thinking of buying some of the clearance games that have been sitting around forever and trading them into EB to transfer credit (eg, MegaMan Anniversary). What I was wondering is if the used versions of these games are also cheaper? Does anyone know? Chances are they don't even have any, but I thought it might be worth a look. For example, if Megaman Anniversary is $10 new, is it $8 used? Or did they not adjust the used prices? If not, that would suck as they definitely adjusted the trade-in values WAY down on those games. Just thought I could save a few $$ in oh-so-valuable GR credit by snagging any used copies of these games :D. Of course I'll check the prices next time I'm there, but I haven't been to my GR in a while.[/quote]
I thought about this same thing when I went in yesterday but to no avail. Used prices are still more expensive on their clearance games

If anyone sees a DSL today/tommorrow at GR, please let us know. I'll definitely be checking mine, and I'm sure the guy will sell it early IF they have it.

Thanks.

Thanks to ManChowder in the EB/GS flier thread I was able to pick up Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 and trade them into EB to transfer some credit. And thanks to Botticus that credit was bumped up 10% (ask the EB clerk to scan your Edge card when making trades - it's like magic!). Silent Hill 2 is $9.99 used (MC said $6.99 but it definitely rang up $9.99) and trades for $10 at EB (plus the 2 bonuses for a total of $13.50). Silent Hill 3 is also $9.99 used at GR, and trades for $12 ($15.70 with bonus). Silent Hill 4, which is $9.99 used at GR trades for $9 ($12.40). And Mega Man Anniversary for PS2 still gets $8 ($11.30).

I was able to confirm that the used prices are not in line with the new clearance prices at GR. When they rang up my Silent Hill 3 it came up $16.99. It turns out it had been tagged incorrectly as Silent Hill 4 and thus that is the used price for SH4. So, Silent Hill 4 is $9.99 new and $16.99 used. OK...

Some good news: StarFox DS is in the preorder system! (However, Mario 3-on-3 bball, Mario vs DK, and Super Paper Mario for GC are NOT). Other than those 4 I blanked out and couldn't think of any other DS titles that came out of E3 when I was in the store. Someone else can check the rest!

Even more news: They finally know about a deal! It is "Trade 3 get an extra $5" some time in June. I think this is what we heard previously. Now, the big question is whether it is $5 total or $5/game. They didn't know for sure but they think it is $5/game. However, we heard before that it was only $5 total. Makes a huge difference as $5/game is better than the EB/GS deal, and $5 total for 3 games is not - especially given that, except for the occasional fluke, their trade-in prices are not on average much better than EB/GS any more.

Oh, and Matrix Path of Neo still fetches $19 as of Weds night.

Anyone get Hitman Blood Money for the 360 yet? Come on Gamerush, keep your dates accurate and release the damn thing!

[quote name='io'] Silent Hill 2 is $9.99 used (MC said $6.99 but it definitely rang up $9.99) and trades for $10 at EB (plus the 2 bonuses for a total of $13.50). [/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, I'm assuming you got the PS2 version of silent hill 2. I found 2 disc only copies of the xbox version for $6.99 each. They said the ps2 version went for the same price so I was going based on that.... or my xbox versions were priced wrong.

[quote name='ManChowder']Sorry about that, I'm assuming you got the PS2 version of silent hill 2. I found 2 disc only copies of the xbox version for $6.99 each. They said the ps2 version went for the same price so I was going based on that.... or my xbox versions were priced wrong.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, PS2. No worries, turning $9.99 of GR credit into $13.50 of EB credit is still a good deal. Are you saying the Xbox version gets the same at EB? If so, I'll see if they have any of those. I think they had 3 or 4 more used SH 2 and 3 (combined), plus I think my local BB has some. It is really too bad there is no Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at GR right now. That would make this an incredible way to build EB credit!

I always like giving back a little to GR in the form of transferring their ignored used stock to EB :D. The manager rang me up today - he ought to be happy seeing me buy those old games (they've been there for over a year).

I did notice a second copy of DDS1 sitting in the used section - this one with the case and manual (they had a disc only before). Too bad I picked it up at EB a few weeks back (though that one had the outer cardboard case and the GR one doesn't). But I am curious that someone would trade that in to GR - they probably only got $24 for it. Now if someone would just trade in a Nocturne :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rictor']So any word on the 75% off sale yet? Is this still supposed to happen?[/QUOTE]

No, the only 'new' news was of the trade 3 $5 bonus deal coming in June (which starts like now!).

Just wanted to repeat that so it doesn't get buried with my long post above.

[quote name='io']Ah yes, PS2. No worries, turning $9.99 of GR credit into $13.50 of EB credit is still a good deal. Are you saying the Xbox version gets the same at EB? If so, I'll see if they have any of those. I think they had 3 or 4 more used SH 2 and 3 (combined), plus I think my local BB has some. It is really too bad there is no Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at GR right now. That would make this an incredible way to build EB credit!

I always like giving back a little to GR in the form of transferring their ignored used stock to EB :D. The manager rang me up today - he ought to be happy seeing me buy those old games (they've been there for over a year).

I did notice a second copy of DDS1 sitting in the used section - this one with the case and manual (they had a disc only before). Too bad I picked it up at EB a few weeks back (though that one had the outer cardboard case and the GR one doesn't). But I am curious that someone would trade that in to GR - they probably only got $24 for it. Now if someone would just trade in a Nocturne :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

yeah the xbox versions on Silent Hill 2 and 4 get the same trade-in credit as the ps2 versions do.
I traded in one ps2 copy of SH2, two xbox copies of SH2, one copy of SH3, and two copies(one xbox, one ps2) of Silent Hill 4.

[quote name='io']Even more news: They finally know about a deal! It is "Trade 3 get an extra $5" some time in June. I think this is what we heard previously. Now, the big question is whether it is $5 total or $5/game. They didn't know for sure but they think it is $5/game. However, we heard before that it was only $5 total. Makes a huge difference as $5/game is better than the EB/GS deal, and $5 total for 3 games is not - especially given that, except for the occasional fluke, their trade-in prices are not on average much better than EB/GS any more.[/quote]
I asked if there are any new deals when I was in GR last night, and I was told about the same deal. The guy said that he thought it would be a $5 bonus per game, and that the trades would have to be worth $10 each or more to qualify. He didn't seem too certain of those details, so don't go making plans around them yet. :)

[quote name='io'] I did notice a second copy of DDS1 sitting in the used section - this one with the case and manual (they had a disc only before). Too bad I picked it up at EB a few weeks back (though that one had the outer cardboard case and the GR one doesn't). But I am curious that someone would trade that in to GR - they probably only got $24 for it. Now if someone would just trade in a Nocturne :whistle2:k[/quote]
Coincidentally, I just picked up a used Nocturne last night. It was a limited edition (is there even a non-limited?) and in perfect shape, for $39.99. That's only about $20 in real money. :D

They also had a used copy of Magna Carta at the same GR, but I think it was $49.99, and it didn't even include the cardboard box or "deluxe" extras.

[quote name='elmyra']I asked if there are any new deals when I was in GR last night, and I was told about the same deal. The guy said that he thought it would be a $5 bonus per game, and that the trades would have to be worth $10 each or more to qualify. He didn't seem too certain of those details, so don't go making plans around them yet. :)[/QUOTE]
Is that the "We sell it for $10" limitation, or it has to trade in for $10? Guessing the former.

I think I will hold off on some trades I've been debating from my collection till we see if this pans out. Luckily the EB trade-in deal extends for another two weeks, so hopefully they should overlap.

I think I will hold off on some trades I've been debating from my collection till we see if this pans out. Luckily the EB trade-in deal extends for another two weeks, so hopefully they should overlap.

[quote name='gizmogc']$5 bonus? Just like the 75% memorial day sale? Sweet![/QUOTE]

Well, the difference being they actually know about the $5 bonus at my GR. My GR is the last to find this kind of stuff out, so it is usually a fairly sure thing once they know about it (usually it is not till after it starts, this time being the exception). They knew nothing about any bump to 75% off. Plus Elmyra heard it all the way across the country at a different GR. The thing is, I am betting this is $5 total (not per game), and thus no big deal really. So I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

[quote name='botticus']Is that the "We sell it for $10" limitation, or it has to trade in for $10? Guessing the former.

I think I will hold off on some trades I've been debating from my collection till we see if this pans out. Luckily the EB trade-in deal extends for another two weeks, so hopefully they should overlap.[/quote]
I just called the GR where they told me about it, and was transferred to the manager. He said that he doesn't yet have specifics, but that it was probably games selling (not trading) for $9.99 or greater, based on his experience with previous sales. He also said that he is pretty sure it's $5 per game traded. He seems certain that a deal is coming, one way or an other, but of course the info above is just his guess.

Since the prices at gamerush for marc ecko and path of neo seem to be holding up for another week, I just wanted to give a heads up for those in LA that Frys electronics have them for ps2 and xbox for 9.99 although I don't know if the sale ends today.

Not sure if this is a LA frys only thing but hope it helps some of you guys out to build some credit.

$5 bonus again? Awesome, I loved this deal last time it came round. Not as good as the trade 2 and get 20 bucks off a new game, but still pretty freakin good.

[quote name='NineH']Since the prices at gamerush for marc ecko and path of neo seem to be holding up for another week, I just wanted to give a heads up for those in LA that Frys electronics have them for ps2 and xbox for 9.99 although I don't know if the sale ends today.

Not sure if this is a LA frys only thing but hope it helps some of you guys out to build some credit.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! I spent 45 minutes getting them to price match Matrix last night at Fry's - ended up missing out on going to a few other stores as a result. They definitely didn't have any signage up for it being $9.99 (they were tagged $19.99). I bet it was all for nothing though - the damn things probably would have rung up $9.99 anyway :roll:. It didn't help that the guy doing the PM was clueless (he kept having problems getting the PM to take - maybe that's because they were $9.99 already?).

I don't intend this offensively at all, but when you spend 45 minutes (in addition to driving time) attempting to make a $9 profit, you may be somewhat addicted to this process.

About a year ago, I stopped going to GR altogether due to the fact that I was making an obsessive hobby out of it (and often not playing the games at all.) It can happen. Perhaps we should start up a CAG's Anonymous thread.

[quote name='io']Dammit! I spent 45 minutes getting them to price match Matrix last night at Fry's - ended up missing out on going to a few other stores as a result. They definitely didn't have any signage up for it being $9.99 (they were tagged $19.99). I bet it was all for nothing though - the damn things probably would have rung up $9.99 anyway :roll:. It didn't help that the guy doing the PM was clueless (he kept having problems getting the PM to take - maybe that's because they were $9.99 already?).[/QUOTE]

Last night: 360
The Outfit - $35
MLB2K6 - $35

they wouldn't take my copy of Burnout360 because it had a scratch on it. Picky bastards, guy just looked at it and said he wouldn't take it, even though it was otherwise perfect.

[quote name='io']Dammit! I spent 45 minutes getting them to price match Matrix last night at Fry's - ended up missing out on going to a few other stores as a result. They definitely didn't have any signage up for it being $9.99 (they were tagged $19.99). I bet it was all for nothing though - the damn things probably would have rung up $9.99 anyway :roll:. It didn't help that the guy doing the PM was clueless (he kept having problems getting the PM to take - maybe that's because they were $9.99 already?).[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean Io because I tried to do the same thing today but fortunately I got a knowledgeable employee and he was a bit thrown too since I paid 20 for it and was pricematching it to 10, which was the same price they had it for and that seems to have thrown them off.

Today I saw a sign for marc ecko and path of neo for xbox for 9.99 but I purchased the ps2 versions of them and they rang out for 9.99 also. Unfortunately I did not catch when the sign mentioned the sale ends.

[quote name='Archaic']I don't intend this offensively at all, but when you spend 45 minutes (in addition to driving time) attempting to make a $9 profit, you may be somewhat addicted to this process.

About a year ago, I stopped going to GR altogether due to the fact that I was making an obsessive hobby out of it (and often not playing the games at all.) It can happen. Perhaps we should start up a CAG's Anonymous thread.[/QUOTE]

No offense taken - but in my defense, I had no idea it would take that long. It's not like, up front, he said, I'm going to be incompetant and slow and you'll be here a while :D. In fact, I almost walked out at about 3 different times. But then I thought if I did that I would have diverted my time there FOR NOTHING. As it was, I ended up getting something out of it anyway :D. I thought I'd be in and out in 10 minutes and it was only 1/2 mile out of my way to drive there.

But I agree with you on the no time for games thing. I was out doing game trades, etc (GR, Fry's, EB, 2 Blockbusters) from 7 till 9:30, then came home and helped get the kids to bed, then spent a few hours on CAG. Didn't get to play anything last night :D. But that's OK. All the credit I'm building up is for the Wii + games - and even if I never play them (because then I'll be busy buidling up credit for a PS3) my kids will.

For what it's worth, that 2 1/2 hours of time netted me $8 in GR credit and $100 in EB credit for $36 of real money spent. Plus I stopped at Target and got stuff my wife wanted me to pick up while I was out :D. But even if it doesn't work out to very much per hour (and in this case it wasn't bad), as you say, it is a hobby, so it doesn't need to be efficient or extremely profitable.

Flatout PS2 still trading in for $24. With Flatout 2 hitting in July this might be one worth watching. I happen to be in a Compusa getting some equipment for a client and found 2 for $9.98 Managers Special as someone previously posted. Its $14.99 with GGC or $5 off underground coupon at Best Buy so its not worth messing with yet.

QUESTION:

I reserved Hitman at Gamerush but that was like a year ago and I reserved the Xbox one version.

Well since then I dumped my old Box and I own a 360 now.

Do you think Gamerush will allow me to get the 360 version instead? I will pay the differnece ($20) but will they allow me to do this?

[quote name='buster90']QUESTION:

I reserved Hitman at Gamerush but that was like a year ago and I reserved the Xbox one version.

Do you think Gamerush will allow me to get the 360 version instead? I will pay the differnece ($20) but will they allow me to do this?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Back near the 360 launch I switched alot of xbox version games to 360 and got mixed results. Depending on who I got, they would either switch it and give me the extra $10 for free, or they would make me pay the difference between the two versions (which I thought was the fairest), or one lady wouldn't let me switch at all.

Do you think Gamerush will allow me to get the 360 version instead? I will pay the differnece ($20) but will they allow me to do this?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the exact same position. Hadn't even heard the name "Xbox 360" back when I pre-ordered it over a year ago, when their 'trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99' deal was on! I will stop by this weekend and see if I can try to get the 360 version instead. Post if you have any success...

Do you think Gamerush will allow me to get the 360 version instead? I will pay the difference ($20) but will they allow me to do this?[/QUOTE]

It has been so long since the preorder deal that you can most likely just go in there and cancel it, or accept it and then return, and get $50 credit. Then buy the 360 version with that. That is the most likely result (having to pay the difference). You might get lucky and get them to credit you the difference but that is just drawing attention to the fact that you bought it with the $30 preorder deal and they might then only give you $30 for it :D.

I have a few $50 prerorders that I'm going to switch for Wii or PS3 titles as soon as I can. I'm hoping just to have to pay the difference. Of course, what sucks with GR is that they will most likely price the Wii games at $60, then if they come out at MSRP of $50, I will have paid the $10 for nothing (ie, not get it back). So maybe I'll wait even longer on those :whistle2:k.

Not sure if this got buried in my previous posts - but Star Fox DS is available for preorder now FWIW. If anyone can check on Final Fantasy III, Xeno I & II, Chibi Robo, Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourlgass, and Children of Mana that would be great. I already checked Mario 3-on-3 bball and Mario vs DK 2 (they aren't :whistle2:(). Also, for GC I checked on Super Paper Mario but forgot about Lego Star Wars 2 (which I *must* get on day 1!).

they'll probably just give you the $50 credit since its been awhile. im hoping i can change my zelda GC to the Wii version, cause i did the same deal, but i work for blockbuster, and returning things or cancelling preorders as an employee is like a cardinal sin.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']they'll probably just give you the $50 credit since its been awhile. im hoping i can change my zelda GC to the Wii version, cause i did the same deal, but i work for blockbuster, and returning things or cancelling preorders as an employee is like a cardinal sin.[/quote]

Might wanna watch out with the announcements, ppl have been fired for posting on here before :p.

[quote name='Bezerker']Might wanna watch out with the announcements, ppl have been fired for posting on here before :p.[/QUOTE]

You know, I think he's safe now. It seems (and Roufuss pointed this out a ways back) that ever since they stopped their heavy-handed tactics (firing employees who posted here, banning people because of too many trades, etc) they have been going downhill (no good deals, preorders not coming in, etc). It is just like they don't care any more, which is sad. Not that I liked what they did before, as it made all of us nervous about using their own advertized trade-in deals, but the indifference they show now is not good.

But maybe things are looking up if they really come through with this $5 bonus deal (and it is $5/game). If they'd just whip up a preorder deal for Wii and PS3 games then all would be forgiven :D.

I went to Walmart last night to try a price match for $9.99 on PON and Mark Ecko and they rung up at $9.99 regularly. It is probably YMMV because I checked another Walmart down the street and they both rung up $29. I'm gonna try to go get some more tonight.

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']they'll probably just give you the $50 credit since its been awhile. im hoping i can change my zelda GC to the Wii version, cause i did the same deal, but i work for blockbuster, and returning things or cancelling preorders as an employee is like a cardinal sin.[/quote]

I was able to get $50 credit for my Zelda preorder around Feb. I just told the manager look I preordered this in October and there isn't a launch date yet. He basically said nuff said and put it on a card...

I did not understand what the OP mean when he said games not sold at 75% will be "field destroyed." Also is the 50% deal still going on?

[quote name='alpha001']I did not understand what the OP mean when he said games not sold at 75% will be "field destroyed." Also is the 50% deal still going on?[/QUOTE]

50% is still going on. What Shipwreck means (and he was quoting someone who said the 75% off would happen Memorial Day weekend so who knows about this any more) is that once the games have been 75% off for a while, they will be removed from the store and physically destroyed - like in a field, I guess :D. I don't think there's any worry about that happening any time soon though. I can't imagine they'd go right from 50% off to 'field destroying'. So we'd need to hit 75% off first. The point being, though, that if and when these games do hit 75% off, buy all you want then as there will probably not be a further discount.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Gamerush has Hitman: Blood Money in stock.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed, I picked up the 360 version with credit. I actually still have the regular Xbox version preordered(!!), I guess I will just pick that up next week and ebay it

I wish GameRush employees worked at GameRush nowadays. I don't even want to bother messing with switching preorders and checking on games with the regular employees since I know it will take twenty minutes. So I'm still sitting pretty with my Lost Magic preorder that will never come in.

Anyway... traded in Getting Up and Path of Neo for $19 each. Bought MMAC for PS2 to trade at EB for an even credit exchange (thanks io), and then actually bought used movies :shock: $20 credit for Rent and Wedding Crashers works out to about $5 each, I can handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back