Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

I'm FINALLY going to my GR tomorrow to switch my Zelda preorder to FE:poR (GC). I've been putting this off for so long! Also I'm going to try and get $50 store credit by cancelling my BF2: MC (XB) because I won't have an Xbox come Wednesday night. I'm going to try and get Advance Wars: Dual Strike (DS).

[quote name='ksuwild25']The Friday dates are their dates for the game that go out on rental. That's what a GR employee told me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it is also what they read off to you when you go in and ask for your game and they don't have it :D.

They did not have Mario Baseball at my GR today - "maybe tomorrow or Thurs" they said.

Anyway, did the following trades, before bonus:

Xbox - Crash 'N Burn: $8
GC - Pac Man Fever: $8
GC - Fairly Oddparents Shadow Showdown: $8
PS2 - Neo Contra: $8

Preordered NBA Live 2006 and Tench No Mon for PSP - I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here. But NO Mario Party 7 or Super Mario Strikers yet.

They had no info on of any game sale this weekend. They do have a bin of new PS1 games at the counter 2 for $4.99, and a bin of crappy old sports games (used of course) labelled 3 for $10.

Edit - Oh, I forgot, I also price-checked Kung-Fu Chaos. It is still $6.75. I had hoped it might go back up this week. Also Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage is now $6! That is a huge drop from the last reported price ($12.50?). I'm taking the last one of those that I have to EB - I'll get $9 for it there with the $5 bonus (if trading 5 or more games). I'm building up a bit of EB credit for those games GR never gets in (already picked up GBA Lego Star Wars and Riviera, thinking of getting Grafitti Kingdom, Pac N Roll and the new Dig Dug DS game which I'm sure GR won't carry). I just wish EB was getting that Disgaea reprint - it will be painful to go to Fry's and shell out $50 CASH for it, after being spoiled with the GR preorder deal :D.

Anybody know how much Doom 3: CE gets? I've been playing it a little, (I've had it since it came out, but have never got around to actually playing it much) but I don't know if I like it that much. Even the CE stuff is screwed up. Can't customize the controller anyway you want it. I should just trade it in and pre-order Fire Emblem GC.

[quote name='eraser813']Anyone know what Powerdrome for Xbox gets in credit? I remember it was getting around $17 not too long ago. I found a few at Circuit City again today. They were $4.99.[/QUOTE]
I just checked the local BB where I traded it in for $11 and it's still there. It's tagged at $24.99 now. It was $22.99 before.

[quote name='io']Yeah, but it is also what they read off to you when you go in and ask for your game and they don't have it :D. [/QUOTE]

I have even had regular blockbuster employees tell me they don't have the game because they would just look at the rental date even though I could see the copies of the game on the counter behind them.

Death by Degrees still gets $20.

Also I noticed ebgames is giving a free Midway Arcade Treasures 3 with the preorder of L.A. Rush, so I'm sure GR will participate in this as well.

has anyone identified any of the GR 6.99 games as EB Games PO games. I noticed at my GR that you can buy any 6.99 or below game and get a second free. I want to convert them to a EB preorder.

[quote name='enronaccountant']Just stopped by Gamerush yesterday and found out a few bits of info:

3) Almost all former high priced Xbox titles (minus the new ones like madden 06) have dropped drastically in anticipation of the 360 (ie. Forza & Conker went from $30 to $12.50)

[/QUOTE]

is that sale price or trade in?

[quote name='stoned99']has anyone identified any of the GR 6.99 games as EB Games PO games. I noticed at my GR that you can buy any 6.99 or below game and get a second free. I want to convert them to a EB preorder.[/QUOTE]

Well if you look back through my posts on this thread and the EB threads you can see that I have done that very thing. It is difficult to find them, but I was able to find several games that worked (SW Rogue Leader for GC, Crazy Taxi for PS2 amongst others). I'd say as a rough estimate, that 4/5 of the games GR has at $6.99 are POX at EB. I am posting an update right now to the POX list in the EB threads - so check that first.

But what is it with this buy a $6.99 game and get one free??? My GR has no clue about this and has no info on it starting this weekend. I would love for them to run this for the EB deals!

[quote name='stoned99']has anyone identified any of the GR 6.99 games as EB Games PO games. I noticed at my GR that you can buy any 6.99 or below game and get a second free. I want to convert them to a EB preorder.[/QUOTE]

I decided to be nice and post you a list of all the BB $6.99 games I have used at EB over the past month or so. If it helps GR clear out their stock of cheapies and help keep them in business I'm all for it. I want to get my PS3 from them :D.

PS2 - Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage
PS2 - Starsky & Hutch
PS2 - Escape from Monkey Island
PS2 - Pryzm
PS2 - Herdy Gerdy
* PS2 - Resident Evil Code Veronica
PS2 - Crazy Taxi

GC - Turok (this was $4.99 NEW at GR actually, never seen a used one)
GC - Sphinx
GC - Star Wars Rogue Leader

Xbox - Starsky & Hutch
* Xbox - Metal Gear Solid 2

Max Payne 2 is also supposedly a $6.99 title, though I've never seen one at GR.

The ones marked with * might have been mislabelled. They were marked $6.99 but rang up a bit more and they credited me the difference. Unfortunately, there are probably many $6.99 titles that are marked as MORE than $6.99 but I can't ask them to scan everything that looks promising :D.

Thank you io for the list. I've been following your posts here for a while and over on the eb thread. May I ask what it is you do for a living because you seem to do a lot of traveling for it. My GR is also doing the B1G1 at the $6.99 pricepoint.

[quote name='eraser813']Thank you io for the list. I've been following your posts here for a while and over on the eb thread. May I ask what it is you do for a living because you seem to do a lot of traveling for it. My GR is also doing the B1G1 at the $6.99 pricepoint.[/QUOTE]

Since you asked publicly I'll answer here - I'm a software engineer (though I didn't go to school for that, I was in EECS/ECE if you can figure that out) - won't be any more specific than that. Yes, I do travel alot (1 week every month on average). It's cause I work at home and my company's offices are in different places. This is why I'm able to run out to stores on odd days and stay up late posting here as well. Now if I could just find time to play some games :D.

I was talking with the GameRush guy yesterday and he told me a few bits of questionable info.

1) The PSP will be compatable as a plug-in/controller type device for the XBOX 360. This was done without Sony's approval.

2) Nintendo will take Sega's route and publish their games for other systems. Nintendo will be able to capitalize on all next-gen system sales to increase their overall game sales (Mario/Zelda on PS3 and XBOX360?)

I really doubt #2 is true because that takes away their niche market and would defeat any point in buying a revolution (unless downloading nostalgic games is your thing.)

[quote name='io']. . .

But what is it with this buy a $6.99 game and get one free??? My GR has no clue about this and has no info on it starting this weekend. I would love for them to run this for the EB deals![/QUOTE]

It is the first time I have seen GRs do anything independently of other stores in their district, but one of the Fishers, IN stores is (was?) offering a buy a preowned title for $6.99 and get one free. I picked up ChoroQ and SpyHunter for $7.41 after tax. I checked with two other stores in their district, but they said that store was doing it on its own.

I also noticed many titles marked way down. Mostly old sports titles, but with the deal getting two games for three bucks was possible.

I'm heading back up that way today since the EB that has my Nascar title is in the area. I'll report anything new.

enaccountant - That GR guy you talked to didn't know what he was talking about.

The buy 1 get 1 free on $6.99 or less games should be running at all Gamerush stores through this weekend. If any GRs are not running the promotion, it's because nobody has bothered to put any signage up.

[quote name='enronaccountant']I was talking with the GameRush guy yesterday and he told me a few bits of questionable info.

1) The PSP will be compatable as a plug-in/controller type device for the XBOX 360. This was done without Sony's approval.

2) Nintendo will take Sega's route and publish their games for other systems. Nintendo will be able to capitalize on all next-gen system sales to increase their overall game sales (Mario/Zelda on PS3 and XBOX360?)

I really doubt #2 is true because that takes away their niche market and would defeat any point in buying a revolution (unless downloading nostalgic games is your thing.)[/QUOTE]

Wow the guy you were talking to is full of SHIT!!!

[quote name='io']PS2 - Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage
PS2 - Starsky & Hutch
PS2 - Pryzm
PS2 - Herdy Gerdy
PS2 - Crazy Taxi

GC - Sphinx

Xbox - Starsky & Hutch

[/QUOTE]

I've used the PS2 version of Turok, and it's $6.99. And yes, Max Payne 2 is a $6.99 title as well - there are loads of them at all of the GRs in my area. The only issue is finally finding enough $6.99 games and then finding out they don't have manuals or have some other problem.

This past weekend I visited four GRs. Three of them had a table set out for the B1G1 $6.99 games. The other had no markings at all that the sale was going on. At one of the places that did have the sale, the person at the register was unaware of the promotion, despite the fact that the table of games was right at the entrance of the store. And all of the stores with the tables had quite a few $6.99 titles still on the shelves.

[quote name='io']I decided to be nice and post you a list of all the BB $6.99 games I have used at EB over the past month or so. If it helps GR clear out their stock of cheapies and help keep them in business I'm all for it. I want to get my PS3 from them :D.

PS2 - Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage
PS2 - Starsky & Hutch
PS2 - Pryzm
PS2 - Herdy Gerdy
PS2 - Crazy Taxi

GC - Sphinx

Xbox - Starsky & Hutch

The ones marked with * might have been mislabelled. They were marked $6.99 but rang up a bit more and they credited me the difference. Unfortunately, there are probably many $6.99 titles that are marked as MORE than $6.99 but I can't ask them to scan everything that looks promising :D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks IO

Bah... looks like Lockdown for GC got pushed back a couple weeks to 9/22 (PS2 and XB versions still slated for 9/6). Guess I'll have plenty of time to play Mario Baseball if it ever comes in.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Our store got in Mario Baseball today, as should most Gamerushes.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. How long do they hold preorders for, 48 hours? Since gas just went up to $2.99 (luckily my bride-to-be tipped me off this morning so I could run out and fill up at $2.54), I am planning on just waiting till tomorrow or Friday when my friend and I were likely to drop by anyway.

[quote name='botticus']Sweet. How long do they hold preorders for, 48 hours? Since gas just went up to $2.99 (luckily my bride-to-be tipped me off this morning so I could run out and fill up at $2.54), I am planning on just waiting till tomorrow or Friday when my friend and I were likely to drop by anyway.[/QUOTE]

They've held some of mine for a week or more - but I'm not sure if that was intentional or they just didn't sell them in the mean time :D. For example, I didn't pick up Death Jr till about 8 days after it came out. But they just went to the shelves to get it for me (as opposed to having it behind the counter like they usually do).

I'm going to have to drag myself out to GR again today, gas prices be damned. I want my Mario Baseball! 20 miles round trip - I think it is worth it.

[quote name='Usa Ghost']What deal does Eb have for trade-ins? I would love to take advantage of any good deal going on.[/QUOTE]

The best deal is get an extra $5 per trade when making 5 or more trade-ins (you can get $4 each for 4 games, and $3 each for 3 games too). The games have to be qualifying titles (not on the POX list). I have found that they give more credit than GR, with the bonus, on a few games, not the least of which is PPG:RR, which has dropped to a pathetic $6 at GR (but gets $4 + bonus at EB).

They also have preorder deals for Zelda, NBA Live 2006 (but this is now a $39.99 title so trading 5 games for it is not a great deal), and supposedly also for The Suffering 2, and R6:Lockdown (all are trade 5 PO games get it for free).

[quote name='drfrielgood']Our store got in Mario Baseball today, as should most Gamerushes.[/QUOTE]

I figured they would, just hope I get lucky at my GR. Most of the employees just go by the date on their PC regardless if the actual release date has passed and hold off.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I figured they would, just hope I get lucky at my GR. Most of the employees just go by the date on their PC regardless if the actual release date has passed and hold off.[/QUOTE]

Just called my GR and they said they have it in! Looks like the family will be playing a little Mario Baseball this evening :D. I'm bringing that Fry's ad with me just in case though - would hate to go up there and have them tell me I can't have it yet.

I cannot believe FORZA and CONKER both dropped to $12.50....that really annoys me. I was going to trade them in too.....

Hopefully they will go back up next week (or, is there a $20 price drop on these soon)?

Anyone know when Gamerush is dropping the price of the DS, my gamerush still had it marked at $150, although I didn't ask for a price check?

You should ask for a price check. It is a universal price drop. Also, I'm going to trade in some games for the +25% deal which is still going on at my GR store! YAY! I'm going to get FE: PoR and Advance Wars: Dual Strike today! :D

Sorry for the double-post but these are the trade-in prices I got for 6 of my old games that I'm going to trade-in to get me my next generation DS games. 8)

Fire Emblem (GBA)- $9 / $11.25
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA)- $5 / $6.25
Final Fantasy 1&2: Dawn of Souls (GBA)- $10 / $12.50
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)- $6.80 / $8.50
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (XB)- $14 (WOW!) / $17.50
Ecks vs. Sever (GBA)- $3 / $3.75

For a total of $77.25 after the +25% Bonus! That's pretty good. Also I am finally switching my Zelda preorder to FE: PoR (GC) and cancelling my Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (XB) because now I no longer have an XBOX. :(. That BF2 should give me at least my $29.99 back (used trade 2 get $29.99 preorder deal) or if I get lucky the full $49.99! Which adds up to $107.24 or if I'm lucky, $127.24! And with my $6.90 gift card, $134.14! That's enough to get me the games I want for my new DS! I already have Nintendogs: Daschund, and I'm going to get Advance Wars: Dual Strike today, which leaves me with $97.04 or $76.14, which is still enough for Kirby: Canvas Curse and WarioWare: Touched! which are the only other two games I really want for the system. Meteos and Feel the Magic XY/XX can wait for later. I'm so happy! Nothing can ruin my happiness! 4 new games with a DS, and FE: PoR all in one week for about $24 out of pocket! I feel like a true CAG! :D

[quote name='io']The best deal is get an extra $5 per trade when making 5 or more trade-ins (you can get $4 each for 4 games, and $3 each for 3 games too). The games have to be qualifying titles (not on the POX list). I have found that they give more credit than GR, with the bonus, on a few games, not the least of which is PPG:RR, which has dropped to a pathetic $6 at GR (but gets $4 + bonus at EB).

They also have preorder deals for Zelda, NBA Live 2006 (but this is now a $39.99 title so trading 5 games for it is not a great deal), and supposedly also for The Suffering 2, and R6:Lockdown (all are trade 5 PO games get it for free).[/QUOTE]

Thank You kind sir

[quote name='Zon27']Argh, no Mario Baseball at my Gamerush yet...this is the downfall of the preorder deal...clearly.[/QUOTE]

That is the reason why I returned my games to TRU and just decided to buy it some place else.

Hell, even K-Mart had Mario Baseball on Tuesday, and I don't have time to keep checking Gamerush and trying to fit the drive into my schedule.

[quote name='Zon27']Argh, no Mario Baseball at my Gamerush yet...this is the downfall of the preorder deal...clearly.[/QUOTE]

I just picked mine up!

And aoLat - Advance Wars DS is a great game. I finally got around to trying it out last night. I've never played any of the AW games and I got right into it - finally had to force myself to stop so I could get some sleep :D.

Completely off topic - but if anyone is looking for Disgaea it looks like the reprints are in at Fry's - saw about 15 there today.

Edit - I also did a thorough check of the NDS preorder list at GR (they let me look at the computer screen). NO Metroid Pinball, NO Mario & Luigi 2, and NO Electroplankton. The only new thing I noticed on there was Dig Dug DS, so maybe they will get that, but I think it is just a $29.99 game anyway. Can someone ask about Black & White Creatures PSP for me? I glanced at the PSP list yesterday but wasn't looking for this at the time.

Wow. Disagaea re-print already out. Good news, thanks io. You know, io is one of the people around this board that I look forward to reading his posts. He's a grat contributor, I say we give him a round of applause.

*claps*

I was amazed. I received a call from a Game Rush employee this morning saying that my preordered copy of Mario Baseball was in stock and that I could come pick it up any time. This is the first time I have EVER received a phone call from a Game Rush telling me a preorder was in stock. Granted, this was a different Game Rush than I use to visit, so maybe my old one just sucked. Either way, I was still impressed (even though, it shouldn't be something impressive to begin with!).

Yay! I just got back from GR and walked away with a FE: PoR preorder, $76.90 credit, and Advance Wars: Dual Strike all for 1 Xbox game, and 5 GBA games. The employee there was cool as usual. I love GR. And io for telling me they had FE in the system.

Sweet they actually gave me my copy of Mario Baseball today. I also was number 7 in on the pre-order slot of X360. Pre-ordering is $100 deposit and they will only carry the $399 not sure if its the standard for all GR's

BTW my local store only getting 10. (so far)

Traded in:

DarkWatch (Xbox) - $32
LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA) - $12

Pre-ordered True Crime 2. I wanted to do Fire Emblem, but the lady told me since its not on the list she can't do. Oh well at least I can change Zelda to Fire Emblem. She also said once GR makes the Xbox 360 games $49.99 that she would let me do the pre-order deal for 360 games. So start calling your local GR to try to get that updated.

[quote name='jkircos']Traded in:

DarkWatch (Xbox) - $32
LoZ: Minish Cap (GBA) - $12

Pre-ordered True Crime 2. I wanted to do Fire Emblem, but the lady told me since its not on the list she can't do. Oh well at least I can change Zelda to Fire Emblem. She also said once GR makes the Xbox 360 games $49.99 that she would let me do the pre-order deal for 360 games. So start calling your local GR to try to get that updated.[/QUOTE]

What list? Tell her to look in the damn computer and write the part number on a piece of paper :D.

I missed out on the Xbox 360 preorders. Apparently my GR is more popular than I realized. I am going to make sure I'm first on the PS3 list - they have yet to set up even a call list for that though.

Also, still no info about any $6.99 Buy 1 Get 1 free sale. However, I looked through their stacks and they have just about nothing of interest at that price. Maybe 1 game I'd get for the kids (Lego Soccer) and maybe 1 other game that is PO at EB. No Max Payne 2, no Starsky & Hutch (except for one scratched up no-manual copy that I'm not going to risk being stuck with if EB refuses it)... I don't know what they did with all their games unless they truly sell a ton, or they shipped them off to the big sales in CA like my local BB did.

If they'd just do a deal on $9.99 games - there's a ton of those that qualify at EB.

Oh, and NASCAR '06 gets $30. I asked because I have one on preorder at EB to pick up (using the trade 4 deal). Trying to decide between bringing it to GR for the $37.50 credit or EBAYing it.

The DS is $129.99 new and $99.99 used at Gamerush and will ring up at those prices. If they're priced differently at your store, it just means that the employees haven't manually repriced the systems.

I went down to GR today to try and change my Zelda Pre-order to Fire Emblem, but the bastard told me to "stick it out." I told him that the game was delayed again and I won't be here when it is released. He told me that there's nothing he can do about it and to "stick it out." Not only does this guy know absolutely nothing about games, hes a little prick too.

[quote name='enronaccountant']I went down to GR today to try and change my Zelda Pre-order to Fire Emblem, but the bastard told me to "stick it out." I told him that the game was delayed again and I won't be here when it is released. He told me that there's nothing he can do about it and to "stick it out." Not only does this guy know absolutely nothing about games, hes a little prick too.[/QUOTE]
you should definitely talk to someone else. Ask for the manager, sometimes store clerks don't feel they need do do anything that seems like a bit of work. Calling in the manager will let the guy know you mean business. After all, it is your money.
I was able to cancel my Call of Duty 2 xbox 360 pre-order and change it to something else. It was no problem for the GR clerk. He seemed like a cool enough guy.
Also does anyone know GBA games and Xbox Breakdown usually go for. Looking for a ballpark figure.

I just switched my Zelda preorder to FE: PoR yesterday, and the guy there gave me no problems whatsoever. You just have an asshat clerk. :D I'm looking forward to FE. It looks EXTREMELY good from the screens and movies of it.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']you should definitely talk to someone else. Ask for the manager, sometimes store clerks don't feel they need do do anything that seems like a bit of work. Calling in the manager will let the guy know you mean business. After all, it is your money.
I was able to cancel my Call of Duty 2 xbox 360 pre-order and change it to something else. It was no problem for the GR clerk. He seemed like a cool enough guy.
Also does anyone know GBA games and Xbox Breakdown usually go for. Looking for a ballpark figure.[/QUOTE]

Breakdown went for $3 back in June, anyway. GBA game prices are all over the place, almost as variable as console games (except not as high of course) - any specifics you had in mind? I've gotten anywhere from $1 to $15.

As for changing preorders, it was the manager at my GR that was against it for a while, anyway. But he has been more flexible recently, though I don't tend to change my preorders too much - just on games that drop to $29.99 retail. He was all concerned about getting stuck with stock he couldn't sell. But that wouldn't be a problem for a game coming out so long from now. From what I've seen there are several ways to change it. One simple one is to "deliver" the game to you, thus removing it from the system, credit back the $29.99, and then do another preorder with the deal (not requiring more games from you of course).

I did notice an annoying thing though (changing the subject here). I was going through old receipts for PriceGrabber rebates and I noticed on two separate occasions back in April or May that they DID NOT scan the damn $29.99 coupon for each game when doing multiple preorders. They were both on $39.99 games so I paid an extra $20 more than I should have. In both cases they did 2 of the 3 that were on the receipt. Because it all came from credit and there were multiples I didn't notice. So be sure to check your receipts! I wonder if I can get them to credit the difference this late?

[quote name='io']Breakdown went for $3 back in June, anyway. GBA game prices are all over the place, almost as variable as console games (except not as high of course) - any specifics you had in mind? I've gotten anywhere from $1 to $15.

As for changing preorders, it was the manager at my GR that was against it for a while, anyway. But he has been more flexible recently, though I don't tend to change my preorders too much - just on games that drop to $29.99 retail. He was all concerned about getting stuck with stock he couldn't sell. But that wouldn't be a problem for a game coming out so long from now. From what I've seen there are several ways to change it. One simple one is to "deliver" the game to you, thus removing it from the system, credit back the $29.99, and then do another preorder with the deal (not requiring more games from you of course).

I did notice an annoying thing though (changing the subject here). I was going through old receipts for PriceGrabber rebates and I noticed on two separate occasions back in April or May that they DID NOT scan the damn $29.99 coupon for each game when doing multiple preorders. They were both on $39.99 games so I paid an extra $20 more than I should have. In both cases they did 2 of the 3 that were on the receipt. Because it all came from credit and there were multiples I didn't notice. So be sure to check your receipts! I wonder if I can get them to credit the difference this late?[/QUOTE]

wow 3 bucks for breakdown? that is crummy.
as for the GBA games I was going to trade Ninja five-o, Namco Museum, Tactics Ogre, and Rock n roll racing.
I was also thinking of trading in shemue 2 (xbox), twisted metal head on (PSP).

[quote name='doctorfaustus']wow 3 bucks for breakdown? that is crummy.
as for the GBA games I was going to trade Ninja five-o, Namco Museum, Tactics Ogre, and Rock n roll racing.
I was also thinking of trading in shemue 2 (xbox), twisted metal head on (PSP).[/QUOTE]

I don't know about those GBA games, but isn't Tactics Ogre very hard to find? You'd probably be better off selling or trading that here than at GR. They don't tend to give anything extra for rarity.

Io- If you have the reciept still they can change it and give you back credit. When I picked up Mario Baseball, I had changed Burnout: Revenge to Mario Baseball, when I first ordered B:R it was 49.99 and then dropped to 39.99 when I did the switch to MB. So I brought in both reciepts and they credited me the 10.60 that they had charged me. Another time a guy did not scan the coupon as well, the manager can look at the transactions and see that you traded in X games and see that they did not scan the coupon. Thats why I have a pile of reciepts in my desk, just in case GR messes up. They seem to be really good about giving back credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back