Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='io']Oh, and NASCAR '06 gets $30. I asked because I have one on preorder at EB to pick up (using the trade 4 deal). Trying to decide between bringing it to GR for the $37.50 credit or EBAYing it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to trade it in, but I'm wondering if I should risk waiting until the Tuesday update to see if it bumps up to $35, as sometimes happens with new releases.

I'm thinking it won't.

[quote name='cdeener']Is The Matrix: the Path of Neo and TOTAL OVERDOSE in the system for PS2 or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

I saw Path of Neo on the preorder sheet for both systems. Don't recall the other one.

kojubat, thanks for Path of Neo. I just found out about Total Overdose when I was on Eidos website looking at when 25 to Life comes out. Is 25 to Life still listed in the system for October 2005 because that the date on Eidos?

[quote name='cdeener']Is The Matrix: the Path of Neo and TOTAL OVERDOSE in the system for PS2 or Xbox?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can confirm Path of Neo is in the system, I pre-ordered it. Note that there are two versions of Path of Neo, the regular one and a Limited Edition (at least for the Xbox, don't know if this applies to PS2 also), which is priced at 59.99. I got away with pre-ordering that for $29.99 but this is probably YMMV.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Yeah I can confirm Path of Neo is in the system, I pre-ordered it. Note that there are two versions of Path of Neo, the regular one and a Limited Edition (at least for the Xbox, don't know if this applies to PS2 also), which is priced at 59.99. I got away with pre-ordering that for $29.99 but this is probably YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up because I didn't know there was going to be a Limited Edition.

[quote name='kojubat']I'm going to trade it in, but I'm wondering if I should risk waiting until the Tuesday update to see if it bumps up to $35, as sometimes happens with new releases.

I'm thinking it won't.[/QUOTE]

personally, i just dumped out on the hulk (even though t-i value was only 30 bux) since i figured the 25% thing could change at a moment's notice

[quote name='andrew333']personally, i just dumped out on the hulk (even though t-i value was only 30 bux) since i figured the 25% thing could change at a moment's notice[/QUOTE]

Is the 25% extra w/ you trade in 4 or more games still happening? No mention of it on the title page...

[quote name='soulwish2003']Is the 25% extra w/ you trade in 4 or more games still happening? No mention of it on the title page...[/QUOTE]

It's when you trade 3 or more.

And yes, it's still going on at most stores. Here in MI it is at the one on 9 Mile and Middlebelt.

Around what days do Gamerush stores get new shipments of games in because when I tried to pick up my preorders of Mario Baseball and WWE DOR 2 they told me they just received their Mario Baseball today. When I asked when they might be in, I just was told they were supposed to come today but they only received Mario. Oh well, can't complain too much when they are really cool with all their deals.

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know if mario party 7 and mario striker in their systerm yet?[/QUOTE]

Not as of a few days ago - but please ask if you go in. I'm tired of doing it :D. They will show up sooner or later. I'd like it to be during the 25% bonus of course. I actually made a trade the other day without preordering because I ran out of ideas. Shocking, I know...

Still no info on any Labor Day weekend sale from my GR (just called).

[quote name='NineH']Around what days do Gamerush stores get new shipments of games in because when I tried to pick up my preorders of Mario Baseball and WWE DOR 2 they told me they just received their Mario Baseball today. When I asked when they might be in, I just was told they were supposed to come today but they only received Mario. Oh well, can't complain too much when they are really cool with all their deals.[/QUOTE]

Gamerush never has games in on release date. I doubt im going to preorder anything from them anymore when i can go to frys and pick it up the game on release for $5 more.

[quote name='RandyTsai']Gamerush never has games in on release date. I doubt im going to preorder anything from them anymore when i can go to frys and pick it up the game on release for $5 more.[/QUOTE]

mine pretty much always does

Traded in two games today (Prices before 25% off):

Galleon Xbox - Still $20
Auto Modellista GC (an old favorite) - $15.75

If you can find a Gamestop that has Auto Modellista for the GC, it is now yellow tagged to $12.99 (before card). Preordered LA Rush (meant to do Path of Neo LE, but forgot about it). Also, I bought four games from the Labor Day sale. Maximo (the 1st one), Max Payne (XB), Max Payne 2 (XB), and Castle Shikigami 2 (PS2). Paid only $12 for all four games (Max Payne 2 was the only game that was 6.99, the rest were 4.99).

[quote name='RandyTsai']I don't understand what your saying.[/QUOTE]

The guy said that he would rather pay $5 more on release day for a game at Fry's than get it from GR, when in reality $50-$30 (with the trade 2 deal) is $20. Plus you have to pay $50 CASH, instead of credit from GR. Get my point now?

Anybody know what Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is worth at GR

I recently got about 4 copies of Galleon which goes for 10$ at Toysrus and trades in for 20 bucks. I was wondering will I get hassled if i trade in 2 copies. I also got couple of copies Nightmare of Druaga. I haven't really traded the 2 copies of the same game before and I wanna know any precautions.

Thanks

[quote name='TheRoots']Anybody know what Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is worth at GR

I recently got about 4 copies of Galleon which goes for 10$ at Toysrus and trades in for 20 bucks. I was wondering will I get hassled if i trade in 2 copies. I also got couple of copies Nightmare of Druaga. I haven't really traded the 2 copies of the same game before and I wanna know any precautions.
[/QUOTE]

I never trade in more than one copy of a title at a time. Supposedly, they'll take two at a time. However, since GR seems to escalate issues to a trade ban without warning, I don't both risking it. I have a half dozen GRs in easy driving distance, so I spread it out.

And unless you need it to specifically be GR credit for some reason, you could probably make out better with MvC2 on the trade forum here or eBay.

[quote name='aoLat']The guy said that he would rather pay $5 more on release day for a game at Fry's than get it from GR, when in reality $50-$30 (with the trade 2 deal) is $20. Plus you have to pay $50 CASH, instead of credit from GR. Get my point now?[/QUOTE]

that's pretty fuzzy

the concept is you can buy just about any brand new game at fry's for 35 cash versus 30 credit at game rush, thus the yay for game rush

my gr didnt have much in the way of the b1g1 6.99 deal. not a dissapointment, there stock isn't that great yet.

it's a big hassle trading in games because they lack the manpower. I saw 4 people working there this evening (the other times during non-peak hours, it's usually 2), with 2 registers open and about 5 families behind me waiting on line. (Although tonight I was just renting some movies and getting them to fix my 360 credit).

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I traded in 3 copies of code veronica last year. the clerk just said, 'you must really like this game.' To which I replied, 'tsubabababa!'

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I agree with kojubat. I bet you get $18 or so for MvsC2 - you can do much better than that elsewhere.

As for the multiples - I did this VERY early on when I first found out about GR and TRU was having their last green-tag sale. But I would steer clear for now. Just take 1 Galleon and 1 Druaga, and try to find some other game to bring in with them (or 2 more if you want the 25% bonus and 2 preorders). Then do it again a few days later. Chances are they don't care, but this way they probably won't even notice. If this is the only trade you want to do and don't want to find any other games, you could try 2 of each - I'm sure you could do it once anyway.

And kojubat - 6 GR within driving distance? Man, that would be nice :D. If for no other reason than a much greater selection of used games to look through. I'm getting tired of sifting through the same ones over and over at my GR.

OK, slightly off topic, but for anyone looking for new preorder possibilities for the GC, check this out:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/647/647691p2.html

I have been playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike (the first time I've played an AW game) partly to see if I wanted to keep my Battalion Wars preorder. I had always thought Battalion Wars was going to be a console version of Advance Wars. This article describes it in detail, and though it probably isn't the game you would expect, it defintely sounds interesting. The key differerence - Battalion Wars is a real-time strategy game/shooter.

[quote name='io']And kojubat - 6 GR within driving distance? Man, that would be nice :D. If for no other reason than a much greater selection of used games to look through. I'm getting tired of sifting through the same ones over and over at my GR.[/QUOTE]
Yep. And another four or five if I feel like taking an afternoon drive. I only have trading accounts with four of them - the rest I just shop during deals.

However, my TRU has an endless supply of Galleon, so I might trade in to a fifth one just to spread them out.

[quote name='io']OK, slightly off topic, but for anyone looking for new preorder possibilities for the GC, check this out:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/647/647691p2.html

I have been playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike (the first time I've played an AW game) partly to see if I wanted to keep my Battalion Wars preorder. I had always thought Battalion Wars was going to be a console version of Advance Wars. This article describes it in detail, and though it probably isn't the game you would expect, it defintely sounds interesting. The key differerence - Battalion Wars is a real-time strategy game/shooter.[/QUOTE]

The real-time strategy aspect is what is most appealing to me.

A small side note: I finally got my Mario Superstars Baseball preorder. The guy at the counter made the comment that they hadn't even gotten their rental copies in yet.

[quote name='Zon27']The real-time strategy aspect is what is most appealing to me.

A small side note: I finally got my Mario Superstars Baseball preorder. The guy at the counter made the comment that they hadn't even gotten their rental copies in yet.[/QUOTE]

Got my Mario Baseball Thursday night, took a while to find it, but they had it. And its great for drinking games, FYI (strike = drink, good God, make sure you have teams and not one-on-one)

I will probably be either preordering Battalion Wars with any additional games I can find to trade in (Kohl's is clearancing games 80% this weekend), or by switching my Zelda preorder, which I remain hesitant to do. The real-time and the fun-looking cartoon style seem to make it a winner.

[quote name='botticus'] (Kohl's is clearancing games 80% this weekend).[/QUOTE]

Hmm...probably worthy of its own thread. Is this all stores or YMMV? Anyone else got the scoop?

Few more trade in values:
Pirates! $25
Star Wars:Battlefront $8
Breakdown $3
X-Men Legends $8

Preordered:
Burnout:Revenge
Brothers in Arms:Earned in Blood

This is in all Gamerush stores and probably in a couple of the corporate owned BB as well. I reserved Lockdown and picked up my KOF 02/03 today!!! :D

[quote name='Gorilla Jones']This is in all Gamerush stores and probably in a couple of the corporate owned BB as well. I reserved Lockdown and picked up my KOF 02/03 today!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry - "this" what?

Yes, what is this of the 80% off the games at Kohl's? I checked this site, Fat Wallet, and this weeks Kohl's ad and couldn't find anything on this supposed sale.

[quote name='aoLat']I think he means the trade 2 $29.99 deal. It's going on at BB stores also?[/QUOTE]

Not any that I've been to - that's why I was wondering what he was referring to. Regular BB's aren't even doing the 25% bonus credit deal as far as I know.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yes, what is this of the 80% off the games at Kohl's? I checked this site, Fat Wallet, and this weeks Kohl's ad and couldn't find anything on this supposed sale.[/QUOTE]

I actually did check out Kohls and some things are 80% off, but I don't know if it applies to videogames. Even if it does, its nothing to get excited about, all I found was the usual bargain bin junk like PS2 Corvette, IHRA Drag Racing, and various really old Greatest Hits, not a single Xbox game in sight. Certainly nothing that would trade in at Gamerush for more than $3. I did get a shirt for $5 though so it was worth the trip.

All Napoleon Dynamite shirts were $5 there, they had about 8 different ones, I'm sure this'll be of interest to some of youse...

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yes, what is this of the 80% off the games at Kohl's? I checked this site, Fat Wallet, and this weeks Kohl's ad and couldn't find anything on this supposed sale.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my friend was actually watching FW and told me, some games going for a whopping $2.48. But stopping by my local Kohl's, basically 90% of the games they had (a whole twenty to thirty titles) were PH/GH/PC, on sale from $24.99 to $19.99. Gee, thanks Kohl's. So, I can't really give any additional information, otherwise I would have posted it elsewhere (if I did with what I know, I would get flamed up the ass). Only thing that tempted me was Second Sight for GC going for $9.99. But worth checking out if you're near Kohl's.

Best I can do is say Kohl's website indicates a store-wide 80% clearance, but thats about the only concrete info.

[quote name='atomsk']I traded in 3 copies of code veronica last year. the clerk just said, 'you must really like this game.' To which I replied, 'tsubabababa!'[/QUOTE]

I donno what it is, but that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. Well the 'tusbabababa' part at least. I'm deffinately quoting you

[quote name='io']I agree with kojubat. I bet you get $18 or so for MvsC2 - you can do much better than that elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's even getting that -- I managed to pick up 2 copies of the PS2 version for $16.99 each during the $5 trade-in deal this summer. First copy I got was in ok condition (complete, but disc was all scratched up). Second copy looked almost brand new.

[quote name='TimTucker']I doubt it's even getting that -- I managed to pick up 2 copies of the PS2 version for $16.99 each during the $5 trade-in deal this summer. First copy I got was in ok condition (complete, but disc was all scratched up). Second copy looked almost brand new.[/QUOTE]

I had just figured based on a new price of $39.99, GR would sell it for $34.99 or so - thus about an $18 trade-in. If you say they sell it for $16.99 (well, then, first off they are stupid), then it would trade in for $8. The only thing more stupid than GR selling it for $16.99 is someone trading it in for $8.

I've NEVER seen a PS2 copy of this game, new or used. I have seen the Xbox version used at EB - they were charging $54.99 I think.

I went to BB tonight to try to rent Nascar 06 and they had none for rent, ditto on the DoR 2 for GC they weren't checked out they didnt have them. Didn't even have a copy of Halo 2 or Hulk in stock at the time. :(

I took a bust to the other end of town and Hollywood Video didn't have Nascar available for renting yet....... Ended up getting Halo 2 using a free rental coupon and the kid at the counter told me to keep the coupon and have a nice night. Thanks i will. :) Broke my 9 month Halo free streak. :roll:

Don't take this as any sort of confirmation, but when looking over the coupon codes that the cashiers have to scan for the promo deals at my local Blockbuster, I thought I saw one that said 25% off all pre-played games from Sept. 13th to sometime in January. I'm not completely certain on the dates either. I'll have to look more closely next time I'm there.

[quote name='radjago']Don't take this as any sort of confirmation, but when looking over the coupon codes that the cashiers have to scan for the promo deals at my local Blockbuster, I thought I saw one that said 25% off all pre-played games from Sept. 13th to sometime in January. I'm not completely certain on the dates either. I'll have to look more closely next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

Please do. It sounds like a good sale! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back