Gamerush Thread #7 Buy any $49.99 game new for $39.99 excludes Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50

Link to Thread #6 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73561&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 will be $39.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles (YMMV because some people have been able to actually get 360 games with this one). Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Originally Posted by Zon27
I picked up a new flier today at GR. It's a single fold ad with some new deals that should be in the OP:

50% OFF all pre-owed Playstation and GBA accessories (that's all it says)

Buy a Pre-owned Playstation 2 ( ($99.99), get a pre-owned PS2 game priced $19.99 or less. Not valid with the slim system.

Buy a Pre-owned Gamecube ($69.99), get a pre-owned GC game priced $19.99 or less.

Buy a Pre-owned Gameboy Advanced (not SP) ($29.99), get a pre-owned GBA game priced $19.99 or less.

2 for $30 on the following games (all systems where applicable):
Star Wars Battlefront
Taito Legends
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X-2
X-men Legends
Simpsons Hit and Run
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

Xbox Logitech Wireless controller $29.99 (limited time offer)
Xbox Phoenix Live controller $21.99 (ugly orange controller with headset)(limited time offer)

GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35).

Just a note, I don't know the length of any of these deal as there are no dates on this flier
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='kapkorn']I went to get the "GBA SP new Brighter Screen version ($79.99), Free GBA game with purchase (up to $35)."

I had their AD in hand and they REFUSED to honor their ad even after arguing. At first he said it was only a used game and then came back and said it was only a free game if it was bundled in like Mario Party is with the GC and Mario KArt is with the DS. I told him it was bullshit and I am going to contact Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

did you get to contact BB??? I was so upset the other night when I found a DDR Mario mix which they are selling for 49.99 and they wont convert it to 39.99. Their argument is that its not considered a game since there's a pad inside it. I told them i wanted to speak with the manager, but they told me to come back tomorrow coz' the manager already left.

[quote name='io']I switched my VJ DS to Phantasy Star Universe for PS2. Doesn't look like they will ever get VJ. Now I'm wondering when/if they will get PopoloCrois for PSP.

Super Princess Peach is in the system - I reported that a few weeks ago. It was the last preorder I did with the $29.99 deal.[/QUOTE]

thanx again io.. i'll probably switch to princess peach also.. hopefully BB will have VJ on sale sometime.. thanx

[quote name='io']I switched my VJ DS to Phantasy Star Universe for PS2. Doesn't look like they will ever get VJ. Now I'm wondering when/if they will get PopoloCrois for PSP.

Super Princess Peach is in the system - I reported that a few weeks ago. It was the last preorder I did with the $29.99 deal.[/QUOTE]

what your store had PSU in the system? I went today to switch my Wild Arms Alter Code F preorder that they never got in to PSU and they said it wasnt in the computer

[quote name='doubledown']What does Burnout Revenge (XBOX) trade for? I'll probably upgrade to the 360 version[/QUOTE]

I traded it about 5 weeks ago, and I only got $19.

[quote name='Darwin23']did you get to contact BB??? I was so upset the other night when I found a DDR Mario mix which they are selling for 49.99 and they wont convert it to 39.99. Their argument is that its not considered a game since there's a pad inside it. I told them i wanted to speak with the manager, but they told me to come back tomorrow coz' the manager already left.[/QUOTE]

Yep, didn't see a number on their website but I emailed the HQ and gave them the store info.

[quote name='kapkorn']Yep, didn't see a number on their website but I emailed the HQ and gave them the store info.[/QUOTE]
Good luck. I emailed them a while ago (a month, almost) about getting shafted on the $5 gift cards with purchase of $50, and never heard back.

Anyone know if Metroid Prime 2 is worth getting to trade in (on sale for $15 at EB). Even though its fairly universally dropped to $20 everywhere, I wouldn't put it past GR to give something silly like $24 for it.

[quote name='botticus']
Anyone know if Metroid Prime 2 is worth getting to trade in (on sale for $15 at EB). Even though its fairly universally dropped to $20 everywhere, I wouldn't put it past GR to give something silly like $24 for it.[/QUOTE]

They sell it for 14.99, bah =/
They're getting better at not losing money.

[quote name='takingchase']what your store had PSU in the system? I went today to switch my Wild Arms Alter Code F preorder that they never got in to PSU and they said it wasnt in the computer[/QUOTE]

Ah, but did you spell it for them? If you just go in and ask if "Phantasy Star Universe" is in the system, and they don't know what you are talking about, then they won't find it (since they are looking under 'F'). This happened to me a couple times, but then I said, "Oh yeah, it starts with ph" and they found it :D.

Hey, I'm heading down to LA/San Diego in the next few days. Are there any GR's easily accessible off of 101 or whatever route you would take from San Luis Obispo to San Diego? I know I will be starting on 101 since I'll be in SLO, then from there I'm not sure (at some point I end up on I-5 I think). I'm in Berkeley right now and I'm woefully ignorant of LA freeways - grew up in Northern Cal and LA is like a foreign country to me. Unfortunately I didn't bring my GR credit but I'd be curious to see what another GR is like since I have only ever been in the one.

And to the guy trying to get the Mario DDR for $39.99 - I've had problems in the past with using deals on the Donkey Konga game (with drum). They think it is an accessory and not a game, and the computer wouldn't let the deal go through (this was back when it was $29.99 for a new game with 2 trades). I was able to preorder Mario DDR using the $29.99 deal, but I think that was simply because they hadn't classified it as an accessory at the time. Are they refusing to give you the deal, or saying the computer won't let them? In any case, you might want to pick that up for $50 anyway, especially if you are using trade credit. Have you seen what those things are going for on eBay!? They appear to be somewhat in demand right now :D.

I used the 39.99 deal on Mario Mix just fine. The best way to get the ten dollars back is to buy at full price and then come back and show them the receipt with the Gamerush ad.

[quote name='io']In any case, you might want to pick that up for $50 anyway, especially if you are using trade credit. Have you seen what those things are going for on eBay!? They appear to be somewhat in demand right now :D.[/QUOTE]
Why'd you have to show me that? My mint-condition still-sealed copy was part of the kids' Christmas haul. Don't tempt me to sell it! ;)

[quote name='kapkorn']Yep, didn't see a number on their website but I emailed the HQ and gave them the store info.[/QUOTE]

If you look at your receipt theire should be a regional office number on it close to the top.

[quote name='shipwreck']Just a heads up: Final Fantasy IV (GBA) came in today.[/QUOTE]
That boggles my mind. Now to buy with $30 in credit or $20 cash at BB...

Is Chaos Theory for GC still getting $12 on trade? I'm thinking I'm giving up on stealth action games. We'll see what comes of SC4.

[quote name='kojubat']Why'd you have to show me that? My mint-condition still-sealed copy was part of the kids' Christmas haul. Don't tempt me to sell it! ;)[/QUOTE]

That's what I did - just yesterday. We are travelling and I even brought the DDR with me to mail after it sold. I can just pick one up in Jan/Feb for my daughter for her birthday in March. The kids have plenty of other presents (including many games). Couldn't pass up the easy money... I have stopped at a few Target/Best Buy/EB/GS stores on the trip and haven't seen another Mario DDR anywhere - so if you want it before January and GR has it I wouldn't worry about the $10 off.

Okay, these may be dumb questions:
I want to switch my pre order, but I've never done this before. I know people here have done this and I wanted to know... (a) Can I switch after the game has been released (i.e. its out but I haven't picked it up, but I changed my mind and don't want it anymore)? (b) Can I switch it only to another pre-order (game that has not been released) or can I change it and get a new release instead?

I'm pretty sure the answer to (b) is I can only change it to another pre order, but I just wanted to consult the infinite wisdom that is CAG on this. Thanks.

And to those wondering, the game is Gauntlet Seven Sorrows which is getting terrible reviews right now.

[quote name='chair_home']Okay, these may be dumb questions:
I want to switch my pre order, but I've never done this before. I know people here have done this and I wanted to know... (a) Can I switch after the game has been released (i.e. its out but I haven't picked it up, but I changed my mind and don't want it anymore)? (b) Can I switch it only to another pre-order (game that has not been released) or can I change it and get a new release instead?

I'm pretty sure the answer to (b) is I can only change it to another pre order, but I just wanted to consult the infinite wisdom that is CAG on this. Thanks.

And to those wondering, the game is Gauntlet Seven Sorrows which is getting terrible reviews right now.[/QUOTE]

YMWV

It depends on your store and the employee. Assuming you got it using the 29.99 preorder deal some places will credit your account the full amount if you just cancel the preorder(my store), others will only credit you 29.99. I've never had a problem transfering preorders and never had to pay any extra except when I went from Xbox to 360 because of the $10 higher price. Just go in and talk to whatever employee you are cool with and see what they say. If all else fails just pick up the game and then return it a couple days later for full retail value.

Even if your store is full of complete assholes pick one regular employee and buddy up to them! ;)

[quote name='chair_home']And to those wondering, the game is Gauntlet Seven Sorrows which is getting terrible reviews right now.[/QUOTE]

What's up with the Seven Sorrows reviews? It sounds like it is better than Dark Legacy in every way but it is getting like 20% lower review scores. It is retarded for Gamespot to give DL a 6.2, then have a different reviewer give SS a 5.2 when every complaint they have applies to DL as well.

Personally I can't stand Dark Legacy, but my wife loves it, so I have it preordered.

Has anyone seen dark legacy in yet, I know it's getting bad reviews, but so did the other one, and it was still a blast.

Well as an edit to this post, I just searched for a few more reviews and Team Xbox gave it 8/10, and even on gamespot, the regular joes who were playing the game gave it an average of 72%, so I think the original reviewer just is not an hack/slash kind of player. Maybe chess is more his speed.

Other than my friendly GR employee being a little disgruntled today, got their only copy of FFIV, and picked up Lufia for GBA while I was there.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You mean Seven Sorrows right? To answer your ? not yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. Sorry, I must have been thinking about the good times had with the previous game. 4 way coop is fun.

First I bought $100 in gift cards to get $10 in gift cards free. Then I took advantage of BB's buy any $49.95 game for $39.95 sale.

Then I picked out DDR: Mario Mix which was $49.95 with $10 off. I asked if Zelda Four Swords big box (with link cable) was on sale and it was...$39.95 even though it was marked $49.95 plus $10 off of that (not sure why they still gave me the $10 off since it was already $39.95), so $29.95.

So that's a total of $70 before tax for DDR Mario + Zelda Four Swords, then take off the $10 in free gift cards so I spent $60 + tax. When I take the move we got tonight back I'm going to see if the Mario Party games with mic were on sale even though they're marked $49.95. I'd definitely take them at $30 or $40.

I think I may go pick up the two latest Mario party games at $40 each and grab another $100 in gift cards to take another $10 off that.

[quote name='chair_home']Okay, these may be dumb questions:

And to those wondering, the game is Gauntlet Seven Sorrows which is getting terrible reviews right now.[/QUOTE]

i think u can always do that as long as you havn't pick up the game. however my places wont let me change to xbox 360.

anyone know how much LUnar dragon song for DS fetch at GR? i haven't have time to play mine.. i may just trade it in if the price is right.. they sell it for $39.99 i think.. thanx

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know how much LUnar dragon song for DS fetch at GR? i haven't have time to play mine.. i may just trade it in if the price is right.. they sell it for $39.99 i think.. thanx[/QUOTE]
It was $18 last week, but that may have changed.

[quote name='stoned99']Sooo.. Anyone see Seven Sorrows yet ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up my copy over lunch. They had Midway Arcade Treasures for PSP as well. I think they had some more stuff too, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait for them to open all of their shipment.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I picked up my copy over lunch. They had Midway Arcade Treasures for PSP as well. I think they had some more stuff too, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to wait for them to open all of their shipment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked mine up. That concludes my preorders at that store. I really have no good reasons to go back in anymore, their used game selection is just about non existant, and it was the manager from this store that had me banned from trading, with no more reason to be polite with her, I should probablly stay away.

Here's a new one for you: they wouldn't give me my copy of Seven Sorrows because they said the street date is Friday! They are asking for another D2R2-style a$5-raping. I've got $5 paypal for anyone that can PM me a reasonably easy way* to turn $40 or less into $80+ in store credit.

*Reasonably easy way means something along the lines of stopping by a Toys R Us or two to pick up a few copies of a game like Galleon/D2R2/Druaga/Etc. You get paid when I get my store credit.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Got a gold cartridge OoT for 1.50 today. I paid 60 for it when it first came out.[/QUOTE]

Makes me feel silly for buying xbox 360 games, knowing 7 years down the road they will be about 1/40 of the price. ;)

[quote name='jkircos']I am going in tomorrow, I'll check if anything was added.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...update us if there are any new 360 games for pre-order (Dead Rising/Crackdown....not sure what else)

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks...update us if there are any new 360 games for pre-order (Dead Rising/Crackdown....not sure what else)[/QUOTE]

Nothing new at all. Hopefully they will start getting more into the system (ie Mass Effect, Resident Evil 5 and Too Human)

[quote name='fillican']I just traded in Wave Race for Gamecube for $12. It is a trade in error I think.[/QUOTE]

Harvest Moon 2 whatever it's called for the GC had the same barcode as Waverace when it launched. It was a big deal here because Waverace was a clearance title at most places. Maybe they updated the barcode to reflect as Harvest Moon, what did your receipt say?

[quote name='io']Someone asked if they are having a sale on used DS/GBA - all they did at my GR was put all their rental copies in the used game section at regular, used price (minus the 25% of course). I was very tempted to pick up KH:Chain of Memories. I think they have it at $19.99. But then I looked at the pile of GBA games I will never play (what with all the DS and PSP games I haven't gotten to yet), and decided against it. There's also a Castlevania DS there, which I never did get originally, but it seemed to be overpriced as a used game ($29.99 I think).[/QUOTE]I went by my GR right before thanksgiving and got KH:CoM. It was marked $19.99 but scanned t $16.99, minus an additional 25%. FYI!

[quote name='banpeikun']I went by my GR right before thanksgiving and got KH:CoM. It was marked $19.99 but scanned t $16.99, minus an additional 25%. FYI![/QUOTE]

That's rather interesting since there is a complete copy at my GR. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='$hady']Harvest Moon 2 whatever it's called for the GC had the same barcode as Waverace when it launched. It was a big deal here because Waverace was a clearance title at most places. Maybe they updated the barcode to reflect as Harvest Moon, what did your receipt say?[/QUOTE]

It says Harvest Moon Another Wonderful life

anyone know what the GC fire emblem game trades in at. i guess i could just ask them to swap it with another game since its still sealed. should i keep it and give it a try? i played the GBA one and it was difficult to play when my characters keep dying off... gets kind of irritating.

[quote name='nakanenui']anyone know what the GC fire emblem game trades in at. i guess i could just ask them to swap it with another game since its still sealed. should i keep it and give it a try? i played the GBA one and it was difficult to play when my characters keep dying off... gets kind of irritating.[/QUOTE]

That's why the game's not for noobs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back